Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#230691 Jun 12, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
my bad - i misunderstood!
can we drop the "stupids" and "pip-squeaks" from our communications tho? otherwise i'll just continue to assume that you're antichrist/ anti everything that's good and right:-)
OK Barney here's your bullet back, try not to hurt yourself. lol^^

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#230692 Jun 12, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, Sweat.
That's why businesses are leaving California and flocking to Texas.
It's because they are so religious.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha....
No, because they are perfect assembly line workers, the little live robots, they been practicing all their lives for the job.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#230693 Jun 12, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not only do i like to sweep the things of antichrists under rugs, but then i also like to tread on them like i was made to do!;-)
You wouldn't know an "antichrist" if it sat on your face and farted. You would probably say "Do that again Honey"
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230694 Jun 12, 2014
Charles Darwin defined natural selection as we know it today but said not to apply survival of the fittest to human society.

The nasty religious types you get in the US often hate Evolution. They also say denying Universal Healthcare to all is just a case of survival of the fittest. That makes them Darwinists like Hitler. This is the antithesis of Darwin's message.

You must see that is no way to run a just society.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! mine was a joke, but societies who've espoused 'natural selection'/evolution as their national religion are responsible for more death and destruction than any other sorce before or after them!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#230695 Jun 12, 2014
Thinking wrote:
They also say denying Universal Healthcare to all is just a case of survival of the fittest.
You mean like VA health care where you wait three month to never while the administrators get bonuses?

What are you thinking???

Oh wait, it's a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Smirk.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230696 Jun 13, 2014
Try that again in English.

Scum.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like VA health care where you wait three month to never while the administrators get bonuses?
What are you thinking???
Oh wait, it's a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smirk.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#230697 Jun 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to present a fact.
The documented facts prove you wrong.
And nobody is surprised.
You still maintain the Pope is an atheist?
I have presented many facts. You have selectively and deliberately ignored them and to be honest, I have no tolerance for deliberate ignorance

You are welcome to you beliefs based on second hand hearsay written to agenda. Me Iíll stick with the contemporary and validated facts

#230698 Jun 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Puck Frick is so dense he doesn't even get hierarchies of infinity.
What was that correlation between prison, low IQ and religiosity again?
<quoted text>
Correlation? Not sure, was it the result of the psychological study of Butt Crack (aka Puck Frick) before he got his brain zapped by the authorities to turn him into a jabbering fookwhit prisoner of low IQ and deliberately ignorant religiosity?

#230699 Jun 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, it is pretty hard to be anti-Semitic when everyone in the incident is a Jew.
You are a perfect example of why the Bible tells women to be quiet and ask their husbands at home. Let the men and 'rational atheist' oxymorons have the discussion. You can listen in if you want. PM me if you don't understand something.
Smile.
Say what? More obfuscation? You thrive on it? In the face of evidence you make crap up to cover your butt

And more bronze age misogyny too. What those bronze age dumbos did not consider that as soon as they were out the door, dear, meek, downtrodden and obedient wifey was off to the next valley to get seen to by a real man. And when the patter of tiny feet resulted guess who was it left holding the baby... you was guessed it, your misogynist hero.

Hehe....

So can I PM you to ask why you are so stupid and such a woman hater? I really donít understand about the stupid bit, perhaps you were born that way or perhaps you were clouted around the head with a babble once too often as a child. But it seems obvious that the reason you hate women and blondes in particular is that it was a blond woman who reported you for sexual harassment and hence cost you your job.

I hate to disappoint you but that was not me. For one I live in another country and for two you would never find me in a church near some creep with wondering hands.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230700 Jun 13, 2014
I see Kimi has no answer to this: why do US Evolution deniers often play the survival of the fittest card whenever they want to exclude poor people from healthcare?

They actually believe in Evolution whenever they can use it to screw somebody over.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Correlation? Not sure, was it the result of the psychological study of Butt Crack (aka Puck Frick) before he got his brain zapped by the authorities to turn him into a jabbering fookwhit prisoner of low IQ and deliberately ignorant religiosity?

#230701 Jun 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't list all the countries. You said 70 Islamic countries match Christian liberty.
I pick the MOST faithful representation of an Islamic country and now you are whining again?
Fail.
Oh, and you have yet to post the verses that show Hitler's behavior was Christian. Of did you want to change it to show he was Jewish?
Smile.
Who said I listed all the countries? I made a shortlist as I stated. You were the one insisting on one country from my list

And what did you do, you chose one not on my list. No oneís problem but your own that you are too thick to follow your own basic requirements

Oh but I have posted sever verses that show christian hatred and racism. Not my problem that you moved the goal post AFTER the fact. So what did I do? I provided a link that shows several NT verses that show Hitler's behaviour was Christian.

So now you have had it from the OT, which incidentally is a christian book, you have had it from the NT which is also a christian book. Actually they always come together in a single volume called the bible.

Strange that as a christian you donít actually k now anything about your god book?

I wonder where you are going to move the goalpost to next.

#230702 Jun 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hitler and Stalin were Christian; the Pope is atheist".
-Book of Christine
Yes Hitler and Stalin were christian, the evidence is multifold and complete from far more valid sources than third hand godbots with an agenda of sensibilities to appease.

But you have NEVER Ė EVER provided any evidence to your claim that I said the pope was atheist. Why because there is none, on the contrary, it is a hurtful slur made up by you, the good and violent godbot butt crack because he was showing his butt crack in public and had nowhere else to run other than make up a lie.

And if I may say... if you continue lying in that way I will be going where you loath to go.

#230703 Jun 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love Queen Blondie of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smirk.
Your perverted lust is getting the better of you

Location hidden

#230704 Jun 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, it is pretty hard to be anti-Semitic when everyone in the incident is a Jew.
You are a perfect example of why the Bible tells women to be quiet and ask their husbands at home. Let the men and 'rational atheist' oxymorons have the discussion. You can listen in if you want. PM me if you don't understand something.
Smile.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? More obfuscation? You thrive on it? In the face of evidence you make crap up to cover your butt
And more bronze age misogyny too. What those bronze age dumbos did not consider that as soon as they were out the door, dear, meek, downtrodden and obedient wifey was off to the next valley to get seen to by a real man. And when the patter of tiny feet resulted guess who was it left holding the baby... you was guessed it, your misogynist hero.
Hehe....
So can I PM you to ask why you are so stupid and such a woman hater? I really donít understand about the stupid bit, perhaps you were born that way or perhaps you were clouted around the head with a babble once too often as a child. But it seems obvious that the reason you hate women and blondes in particular is that it was a blond woman who reported you for sexual harassment and hence cost you your job.
I hate to disappoint you but that was not me. For one I live in another country and for two you would never find me in a church near some creep with wondering hands.
Now that we have settled that you made a stupid claim of anti-semitism, I suggest you take some hormone replacement therapy for those ranting hissy fits...

Oh, and a clear sign of a cornered 'rational atheist' oxymoron is Queen Blondie resorting to libel.

Sad but typical...

#230705 Jun 13, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! mine was a joke, but societies who've espoused 'natural selection'/evolution as their national religion are responsible for more death and destruction than any other sorce before or after them!
Wrong.

No one, can ever beat the claimed death and destruction metered out by your god. An entire human race with the exception of a close buddy and some of his family and 18 MILLION animals in a boot that could not be built with todays technology, yet alone a bronze axe.

The total lives that are Ďrecordedí as being lost in religious conflict are around 800,000,000 thatís eight hundred million. That is going to take some beating so when you know what you are talking about come back and try again

Location hidden

#230706 Jun 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I see Kimi has no answer to this: why do US Evolution deniers often play the survival of the fittest card whenever they want to exclude poor people from healthcare?
They actually believe in Evolution whenever they can use it to screw somebody over.
<quoted text>
I did no such thing. I asked by libitards are ignoring vets in government health care while exempting themselves.

Location hidden

#230707 Jun 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I listed all the countries? I made a shortlist as I stated. You were the one insisting on one country from my list
And what did you do, you chose one not on my list. No oneís problem but your own that you are too thick to follow your own basic requirements
Oh but I have posted sever verses that show christian hatred and racism. Not my problem that you moved the goal post AFTER the fact. So what did I do? I provided a link that shows several NT verses that show Hitler's behaviour was Christian.
So now you have had it from the OT, which incidentally is a christian book, you have had it from the NT which is also a christian book. Actually they always come together in a single volume called the bible.
Strange that as a christian you donít actually k now anything about your god book?
I wonder where you are going to move the goalpost to next.
So you admit that Saudi Arabia is a violent, yes violent, violation of free speech, personal liberty and religious freedom.

You showed Hitler to be a Jew. I asked for verses that showed him to be a Christian.

Leave it to Queen Blondie of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons to be so confused...

Smirk.

#230708 Jun 13, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
This is understanding of right wing christianity.- Itís ok for us but not for those who refuse to believe our message of fook the unwashed masses is the message of god.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#230709 Jun 13, 2014
"I asked by"?

You're a dribbler.

BTW, I chose not to live in the US.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I did no such thing. I asked by libitards are ignoring vets in government health care while exempting themselves.

#230711 Jun 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that Saudi Arabia is a violent, yes violent, violation of free speech, personal liberty and religious freedom.
You showed Hitler to be a Jew. I asked for verses that showed him to be a Christian.
Leave it to Queen Blondie of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons to be so confused...
Smirk.
Did I admit that or did you make it up? I will not even allow people who know what they are talking about to put their words in my mouth and you donít know what you are talking about so you have no chance.

I already provide an example that showed the freedom of expression enjoyed in Saudi. You simply ignored it, not my problem that you are ignorant.

You asked for verses from the babble, I gave them to you, you moved the goalposts to specify,ďno I did not really mean the babble but the NT of the babbleĒ and I gave you more with a link to match you new (NEW) question. Not my problem you are deliberately ignorant to the words of the book you hold so dear

Tell me, are you really this stupid or is it a ploy to gain sympathy on tropix?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min Dogen 18,666
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 1 hr Patrick n Angela 29
News The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,305
News Confessions of a black atheist 3 hr Samoan Irish 379
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Pahu 2,057
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr EdmondWA 14,603
God, if He exist, worships Israel!!!. 9 hr God worships Israel 1
More from around the web