Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#230108 Jun 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>No. It's an art.
Is it?

Location hidden

#230109 Jun 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. LOL.

Maybe I'm a lesbian in a man's body. Or a poof in a woman's body. Or a trannie in both their bodies.
:-)))

Either way it's nobody's business, they don't call it your private life for nothing.
True. Also, a valuable lesson.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#230110 Jun 2, 2014
River Tam wrote:
What were you serving in Nam, sir?
Phat Thai?
Hold the shrimp, please.
Would you like a doggy bag?

<runs away>

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#230111 Jun 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way...."
SO! most of you hateful witches were influenced by christianity too, but you chose the world, the flesh and the devil over living in the spirit and now God and His people are your enemies just like it was for judas, stalin and all other wicked people throughout history. just like some traitors and spies chose to keep their identity a secret so that they can sabotage armies from within, so do some of y'all anticristers.....DUH!
This is exactly the sort of irrelevant mumbo jumbo that I expected. It completely ignores the documented facts and instead simply attempts, with no evidence whatsoever, to put the blame for what you cannot understand on atheism.

And again you are wrong, you make assumptions based on your own hatred, you are assuming that because I don’t like you then I don’t like all christians, how arrogant can you get?

Do you have any evidence that Stalin chose to keep your claimed atheism secret?- hell no, you have nothing other than hearsay and lies that pander to your wet dreams

#230112 Jun 2, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I, or KiMare, ever say that terrorism is OK?
You are a liar.
It is you who is trying to excuse Muslim terrorism and atrocities, which are going on everyday both in Muslim countries and outside, even in our own civilized Christian countries when they could.
Show me where Christians are killing in the name of religion, as you imply.
The IRA do NOT kill in the name of religion, but in the name of nationalism.
And even in their case they have ceased all terrorist activities long years ago.
While your beloved Muslims are continuing, and even increasing daily their terrorist activities on innocent people.
Trying to excuse them or watering it down is a shame on you.
You excuse christian terrorism, you deny christian terrorism and you lie about christian terrorism while coming down blindly and hard on Islamic terrorism.

I have no argument with the claim that Muslim atrocities happen often. I do have argument with any claim that say christian atrocities do not happen or that somehow Muslim atrocities are worse than christian atrocities.

I have already shown you where christians kill in the name of religion and YOU have condoned / excused / ignored them.

And you are doing it again, so do we assume that you have contributed to the NORAID fund and hence are at least partly responsible for the murder of women and children? It seems that is a question you have not answered.

Here, let me tell you what happened contributions to NORAID. The donations, ostensibly for charitable relief work in Northern Ireland brought into Ireland, often using US diplomatic methods. And this is the bit that will upset so many good contributors to NORAID because they found the way to Libya (gaddafi’s lot) and Russia in return for arms and ammunition or to some of the Russian satellite states in exchange for explosive. Then of course indiscriminate murder became easy.

I will repeat the IRA are a christian funded organisation who murdered in order to attain a catholic state for all Ireland. It was funded by christian donation, mostly but not all collected by Americans in America. Although funding from the US has more or less dried up and they (claim) peaceful political involvement there are various branches, notably the RIRA are using terrorism.

Trying to excuse them or water them down is shame on you and considerably hypocritical.

Honey, I have no god to lie for and I actually find lying abhorrent, hence the reason I come down so hard on godbots like you who lie for your god and your belief and don’t even realise you are doing it.

#230113 Jun 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, saying something doesn't make it so.
You still have NOTHING that equates to the violence that will be perpetrated on humanity TODAY! Zip, zero.
Nor is the horrific intolerance of Islamic violence limited to 7 countries.
First you decline to post validation, now you try to discount links FROM YOUR OWN POSITION!!! Everyone knows, if you really didn't believe them, all you would need to do is post validation disproving it.
As to your claims of Christian despots and wars, the facts don't agree with you, let alone most people. But you go right ahead and look like an idiot.
Kuwait didn't ask for saving, along with Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries providing a position to do so.
Oh, name one non-Islamic country where you are condemned to death for being a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Honey, respond to what I said.
You shift to new stupid assertions to avoid what you can't defend.
It makes you stupid.
Smirk.
Say what? So you have no argument and so need to make sh|te up.

#230114 Jun 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the press everyday terrorism, the sort accepted as OK by morons like Rodney and KiMare, seems to have taken a back seat to “””Muslim””” terrorism but it still boils down to people being killed in the name of religion.
<quoted text>
Honey,
I took YOUR distorted list of ancient issues. I ignored nothing. You slandered me and I called you on it.
What was your point in highlighting """muslim" """ if it wasn't a silly stupid attempt to discount it's part?
Bottom line?
Today, more violence occurred by the hands of Islam, than any you can honestly attribute to Christianity.
Which makes you a Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to the max.
Smirk.
Honey, the IRA are still killing in 2014 – NOT ANCIENT ISSUES, it really does not matter how you try to excuse them with LIES.

March 14th 2014 is the last attack I know of. Funny really because while I was writing this another popped up in the list of IRA atrocities, a hotel bombing in Londonderry last Friday.

What was you point in highlighting muslim if it was not a silly stupid attempt to deny christian terrorism? Which incidentally is never highlighted in the christian press.

Yes but yesterday it was different.

That makes you a deliberately selective godbot moron and a sexist bigot. Me, I’d prefer to be blonde

#230115 Jun 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>4
Here is what YOU are defending;
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/world/africa/su...
Islam never hurt you, so that makes this okay?
There are 300 young girls going through the same thing in a single other location. THREE HUNDRED TEENAGE GIRLS BEING RAPED AND SOLD INTO SEXUAL SLAVERY RIGHT NOW.
And you are whining about the KKK.
You are a really sick 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
I am not defending anything, you are assuming that because I don’t like you then I automatically defending something else.

You have never provided any evidence for you claims that muslims object to the boko haram kidnappings in Nigeria, the fact that you were told you are lying has simply stopped you commenting on the muslim reaction, not admitting you were wrong but hey, you are a godbot so you could never admit you were wrong, could you?

But you still love to promote their atrocity, even if you are a lying T \/\/AT

You really are a sick and sexist lying moron.

#230116 Jun 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
What is more of a threat? The IRA or this happening in Syria right now?
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/raymond-ibra...
You are a really sick 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Your bitterness has made you a monster.
You tell me what’s more of a threat? Maybe you should ask the victims of bombing and shooting in Ireland, England and Syria.

You really are a childishly sexist moron. Murder is murder, it really does not matter which faith does it. Difference is you accept and condone murder by christian why decrying murder by anyone else.

You ignorance and stupidity has made you accept murder in the name of your god

Location hidden

#230118 Jun 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, the IRA are still killing in 2014 – NOT ANCIENT ISSUES, it really does not matter how you try to excuse them with LIES.

March 14th 2014 is the last attack I know of. Funny really because while I was writing this another popped up in the list of IRA atrocities, a hotel bombing in Londonderry last Friday.

What was you point in highlighting muslim if it was not a silly stupid attempt to deny christian terrorism? Which incidentally is never highlighted in the christian press.

Yes but yesterday it was different.

That makes you a deliberately selective godbot moron and a sexist bigot. Me, I’d prefer to be blonde
I've had my hair lots of different colours but usually revert back to my natural brunette.

IRA is a bit heavy for me this night.

#230119 Jun 2, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's something I guess.
The only explosion you'll get from this Paddy - well you've seen that on here by now. The haters have targeted Muslims for one reason, then they can say: "Oh well @ least our religion isn't quite as bad as THAT."
I say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LK8sxngSWaUXX
I don’t have any problems with any nationality, I do have problems with murderers and terrorist, it really does not matter whose god they are killing for.

#230120 Jun 2, 2014
Rodny wrote:
Here is what the Kuran teaches about hell and non believers.
This is a Muslim site, and you will find the same teaching on any other Muslim site. Just google Islam and hell.
http://islam.about.com/od/heavenhell/tp/Hell-...
This is what the babble says about children
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

And angels

More on children

And pregnancy

A bit on murder, theft, rape and sex slavery all in one verse.
Godbooks are like that aren’t they? The thing is that it’s not the godbook, it’s the interpretation of the godbot that makes them into murderers in the name of their god. Fortunately it’s only a very small proportion of each and every faith (including yours) who read the godbook and think kill, enslave, subjugate, rape because my god tells me to.

#230121 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I believe you are projecting ...we , don't subscribe to ' natural selection '...and , you blame us for subscribing to a God .
Obviously , if you hate religion so very much ..you should be damning ' natural selection '..no..?
And , you are mistaken young miss ...Malachi 3:10 , We are challenged to put God to the test ..
What you believe is irrelevant and of course your comment makes this obvious. I am not here to think how you want me to think but how I want to think. Just because the facts as can be clearly seen throughout history and in many cases documented do not tally with your sensibilities is not my problem however you really should not invent make believe about other people just so you can feel better about yourself.

What gives you the right to claim that I hate religion, I really have no feeling either way, I do however hate liars (including lairs for their god) and morons who make BS up because they have no comprehension of how the other person sees things but of course a guess is better than actually taking note of fact in the eyes of a godbot – No?

Wrong, you may be challenged as a believer in your godbook, that in no way means that it has any effect whatsoever to someone who has no belief in your godbook or you god belief. To me such a statement is tantamount to challenging the tooth fairy or goblins or little green men or other such childish myths.

#230122 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...ah , our brothers and sisters of the Qu'ranic faith , they are quite like our unbelieving brethren ..Always claiming to have a better bead on life , a truer grasp of reality and a rational mind ....YET , always regaling us with their stories of victimhood ...
Muslims like Atheists ..believe they are superior to the unwashed masses ..
If only they could get a fair shake , and weren't always so very very persecuted ..
If you want persecuted look towards tthe Jews , nobody really realizes this because they're not a bunch of bloody whiners ..
Are you really this stupid or is it an act for topix? Same god, muslims believe in the same god as you, they simply worship that god more devoutly than you and they don’t have the confusion of the 3 in 1 mumbo jumbo and other such magic.

Wrong again, muslims believe there are superior full stop, in just the same way that christians think they are superior, it’s the godbot way, it is thought (indoctrinated) from the very godbooks that make you who you are.

Actually yes they are, the whining that they are wronged each and every time they murder an innocent Palestinian child and their whining excuses as to why they withhold medical necessities and cause deliberate suffering and hardship is really quit nauseating.

And quite funny really because there is no one that can whine like a Jew in full whine mode. I know Jews who are proud of that fact.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230123 Jun 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe is irrelevant and of course your comment makes this obvious. I am not here to think how you want me to think but how I want to think. Just because the facts as can be clearly seen throughout history and in many cases documented do not tally with your sensibilities is not my problem however you really should not invent make believe about other people just so you can feel better about yourself.
What gives you the right to claim that I hate religion, I really have no feeling either way, I do however hate liars (including lairs for their god) and morons who make BS up because they have no comprehension of how the other person sees things but of course a guess is better than actually taking note of fact in the eyes of a godbot – No?
Wrong, you may be challenged as a believer in your godbook, that in no way means that it has any effect whatsoever to someone who has no belief in your godbook or you god belief. To me such a statement is tantamount to challenging the tooth fairy or goblins or little green men or other such childish myths.
..Hmm..Sounds like ' someone ' needs a hug ..

#230124 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I don't believe you actually have a grasp of the circumstances ...When a Christians goes on a killing spree , they don't tend to exclaim " Praise Jesus ! "
When , the Muslim goes on his killing spree ...he is obviously doing so because he believes his religion commands him to do so , hence " God is Great ! "...BOOM..!
I really don’t think you have a grasp on the situation, when anyone goes on a killing spree then someone gets killed. But I suppose it’s ok for you to excuse a christian who does not shout praise jesus but if someone shouts praise allah then it’s all wrong.

And you also seem to be saying that christian bombs don’y kill people as much as muslim bombs, perhaps it’s shouting praise allah that make them more deadly?

#230125 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>seriously .."ChristineM" ..seriously ..?!
I'm verboten from dictating who is who isn't a Christian , but you can ..??...Who died , and left you Queen ..?
History - ever heard of it, History? Or how about facts – but perhaps you have evidence to show that Galileo , Queen Elizabeth (I assume 1st but 2nd too) and Churchill were not christian.

I really would be interested to see these facts, like I would be interested to see the fact thgat you7 god exists, despite the fact that for 4000 years no one has been able to provide any such proof.

Or perhaps you are juts beating you gums because that’s what gets you off sexually?

#230126 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Why must you equivocated , to hide your prejudices ...you horrid woman ..
The IRA , is more about the abuses of a majority inflicting on the minority .
the IRA , never bombed Scandinavia , Germany or any Protestant nation you wish to name ..
The English persecuted the Irish ...and , you know it ...You and yours created the monster , and now you blame it for biting you ...
Of course I know it, probably far better than you. Since the time of Henry the VIII so that must make it ok for them to indiscriminately murder and kill women innocent children centuries later in your book? Fair enough, just so long as we understand each other.

Actually, no, not me and mine because at the same time my family was Scottish and persecute in exactly the same way, funny how there is now Scottish republican army goi8ng around killing innocent women and children eh?

#230127 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>you're entitled to your opinions , but not your facts ..
Under the communist religion was forbidden ...and persecuted .
Stalin did enter a seminary ..but , quit ...I suspect he realized they were going to rejected him , and so to save face he dropped out .
Everybody born before the 1960's was born into a religious household ...everybody..
Ahh you have been reading the please American sensibilities books as opposed to real history books. Do you really have so little education? May I suggest you do a bit of real book learning may help.

It is far to in-depth to go into in 4000 words, so tough on that one but needless to say. Once Stalin had removed the corruption (look it up) from the Russian church and consolidated his power (look it up) he began rebuilding the church and its institutions,(look it up)

#230128 Jun 2, 2014
number four wrote:
Wow.."ChristineM" ..I'm surprised I have found so much to disagree with ...mayhaps , I'm still angry about that " War of 1812 " thing ...cheers ..
Ahh so I have made you angry? Makes it all worthwhile... Thank you.

However what 1812 thing, more hatreds past??? No wonder you condone the IRA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 8 min u196533dm 174
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 80,087
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr Eagle 12 - 32,607
what science will NEVER be able to prove 21 hr Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 106
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 69
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web