Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230021 May 31, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor would you say you're a Christian.
Did you have a point?
..."Aerobatty" ...speaking in generalities " Do Atheists abhor flying ..? "

When , I hear of people who dislike flying ; the biggest concern seem to be of the lack of control ..

As Christians we fully understand things aren't in our hands anyways ...How do Atheists fare , flying the friendly skies ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230022 May 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't mention being American either.
..oh..PISH POSH ..

EVERYBODY ' LOVES ' AMERICANS ..!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230023 May 31, 2014
Rodny wrote:
If the punishment for sin was eternal life in hell, then Jesus died in vain, because he could never suffer that penalty for the sins of mankind.
I wonder if Christians who believe in hell realize this.
.au contraire mon frere'..To be tortured and reviled ....and , then nailed to a tree ..

By , those whom you love most ...Jesus had His heart broken , before any lash touched His flesh ..

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#230024 May 31, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..oh..PISH POSH ..
EVERYBODY ' LOVES ' AMERICANS ..!

Then go to Iran pointing it out , be prepared to do some ducking . Oh and bring a body bag with you.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Mississauga, Canada

#230025 May 31, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."Aerobatty " ...speaking in generalities " Do Atheists abhor flying ..? "
When , I hear of people who dislike flying ; the biggest concern seem to be of the lack of control ..
As Christians we fully understand things aren't in our hands anyways ...How do Atheists fare , flying the friendly skies ..?
I love flying,only if I can meet the pilot first and check if his breath smells form booze!
LL

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#230026 May 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah there just as goofy as you are.
I have read the Quran and @ times it mentions hell in every line. Unbelievers or infidels are often called "inhabitants of the Fire".

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#230027 May 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't mention being American either.
One of the 1st things I got them to teach me in Arabic was "La Amriki". Future travel plans.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#230028 May 31, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the 1st things I got them to teach me in Arabic was "La Amriki". Future travel plans.
As-salamu alaykum
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230029 May 31, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I love flying,only if I can meet the pilot first and check if his breath smells form booze!
LL
..WHAT..!!...not only are you a godless heathen ...It appears you're also a debbie downer ...hey, if they're over 21 ...who are we to judge ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230030 May 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go to Iran pointing it out , be prepared to do some ducking . Oh and bring a body bag with you.
Look , I'm not afraid of those camel jockey's ...I just refuse to go there because I don't wanna become radicalized ....and , ruin somebodies marathon .
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230031 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The religious are indoctrinated from early childhood to accept their religion without question. Because of that indoctrination and the teachings of their god book, which promotes violence and subjugation to any who do not agree with them, certainly the three abrahamic god books, they are unwilling to accept any point that differs from or casts doubt on their belief. They are only to willing, to the extent of verbal/physical abuse and in some cases even murder/genocide to quiet any opposition to their indoctrination.
..I believe you are projecting ...we , don't subscribe to ' natural selection '...and , you blame us for subscribing to a God .

Obviously , if you hate religion so very much ..you should be damning ' natural selection '..no..?

And , you are mistaken young miss ...Malachi 3:10 , We are challenged to put God to the test ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230032 May 31, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh uh. Thor is god.
..yet..In your profanity ; you choose words such as "Christ" or "Jesus"..

So , ergo you're "lair" {sic}
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230033 May 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But the devil is in the details, It's not so much that the revisions are complete denial, they are revised not omitted, hand flowered, rolled, twisted and sugar coated. Some parts are swept under the rug, I'll give you a huge example.
You didn't hear about Churchill's decision till it was uncovered by historians.
http://video.pbs.org/video/1492157105/
Which asks you a question about the crusades and inquisition , was the history you learned about those two subjects learned from research done by historians, or was the story told by
the leaders in the days of it's event? Another example is the conquest of the Americas, all the things that sound pretty horrible are not really included. But I bet the French version of WW2 is a bit different in light of what Churchill did.
..( sigh )..I loathe to answer a question with a question ..but , regarding the history of the Crusades and the Inquisitions , where does the bias of these historians lie ' pro-Christian' or 'anti-Christian'?

The sad reality is there are always ( 3 ) sides to every dispute ..My side , Your side , and then there's the truth .

What I know of the Inquisitions , is that they were never sanctioned by Rome , the royalty of the said nations used their influence in the Church to rob their enemies of their land , be assured the landless peasants were never subject to these trials ..

Mayhaps , the Church should have bared down more forcefully , on this abuse of power ; but hindsight is 'always' 20/20 .

Historians uncovered ' this ' hidden truth ..don't be absurd , it was never hidden ..From whence all the documentation and plethora of photographs ...?

Although , I doubt anybody here actually knew that that Nazi bastard Churchill attacked an unsuspecting French Navy .....although , the fact that France succumbed in 6 weeks . Proves that that limey fatso was balls on ..

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#230034 May 31, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yet..In your profanity ; you choose words such as "Christ" or "Jesus"..

So , ergo you're "lair" {sic}
They're good words for profanity, holy spappin' jesus sh!t, heard of free speech?

Of course not, American I presume?

http://i.imgur.com/rGUSP6b.jpg
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230035 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That very same accusation that they apply to Islam.
I sometimes PM with a Muslim who is currently very upset because he want on a christian thread to try and learn something about christianity and offer his views on Islam to anyone interested enough to correspond. Those good christians ganged up on him (you know what it’s like) vomiting hatred and abuse to reject him from the thread, they just did not want to know, did not even want to listen and did not want to provide their view. Such ignorance
...ah , our brothers and sisters of the Qu'ranic faith , they are quite like our unbelieving brethren ..Always claiming to have a better bead on life , a truer grasp of reality and a rational mind ....YET , always regaling us with their stories of victimhood ...

Muslims like Atheists ..believe they are superior to the unwashed masses ..

If only they could get a fair shake , and weren't always so very very persecuted ..

If you want persecuted look towards tthe Jews , nobody really realizes this because they're not a bunch of bloody whiners ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230036 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

I find it extremely prejudicial that if a killer goes on the rampage his religion is never mentioned by the press, unless he is a muslim. If a terrorist explodes a bomb on a bus then his religions is never mentioned unless he is muslim. A terrorist of the christian faith is named as a ‘terrorist’, an Islamic terrorist is named as a “muslim terrorist” Why is this? Two reasons, it is politically advantageous to western politicians and it panders to the news desires of the right and far right public.
...I don't believe you actually have a grasp of the circumstances ...When a Christians goes on a killing spree , they don't tend to exclaim " Praise Jesus ! "

When , the Muslim goes on his killing spree ...he is obviously doing so because he believes his religion commands him to do so , hence " God is Great ! "...BOOM..!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230037 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what?
Actually Galileo , Queen Elizabeth (I assume 1st but 2nd too) and Churchill were/are christian. Don’t know about the rest and not really bothered.
However that makes not the slightest difference to the FACTS
Just because they upset your sensibilities does not give you the right to dictate who is and who is not Christian, or perhaps you have been made pope and no one bathered telling the church?
seriously .."ChristineM" ..seriously ..?!

I'm verboten from dictating who is who isn't a Christian , but you can ..??...Who died , and left you Queen ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230038 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

The sickest religion is all a tough one and the accolade goes jointly to all 3 of the abrahamic religions but on a personal note Muslims have never hurt me or mine, Jews have never hurt me or mine, christians have.
Why must you equivocated , to hide your prejudices ...you horrid woman ..

The IRA , is more about the abuses of a majority inflicting on the minority .

the IRA , never bombed Scandinavia , Germany or any Protestant nation you wish to name ..

The English persecuted the Irish ...and , you know it ...You and yours created the monster , and now you blame it for biting you ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230039 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way, was training to become a priest before the revolution
He never renounced his christianity and never said he was atheist, as a religious student he made two comments that cast doubt (in the eyes of certain people with there own agenda) on his faith, but hey, he was s student and what student does not question the status quo?
Following the consolidation of his power he began rebuilding the christian church, appointing priests and reopened the christian seminary among other religious works, is this the work of an atheist?
In his library were several christian books and he was known to discuss religion, god and christ in a favourable light with his daughter and some officials.
He was a secular minded religious opportunist. He didn’t use atheism to gain control, but his sick minded religious principles to overthrow the corruption of the christian church.
All this is documented by contemporary sources (not 1960/70s American authors, also with there own agenda) and available on the Internet
you're entitled to your opinions , but not your facts ..

Under the communist religion was forbidden ...and persecuted .

Stalin did enter a seminary ..but , quit ...I suspect he realized they were going to rejected him , and so to save face he dropped out .

Everybody born before the 1960's was born into a religious household ...everybody..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230040 May 31, 2014
Wow.."ChristineM" ..I'm surprised I have found so much to disagree with ...mayhaps , I'm still angry about that " War of 1812 " thing ...cheers ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Into The Night 93,373
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 18 hr blacklagoon 3 78
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Fri Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Apr 2 blacklagoon 3 35