Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258452 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#229979 May 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, saying something doesn't make it so.
You still have NOTHING that equates to the violence that will be perpetrated on humanity TODAY! Zip, zero.
Nor is the horrific intolerance of Islamic violence limited to 7 countries.
First you decline to post validation, now you try to discount links FROM YOUR OWN POSITION!!! Everyone knows, if you really didn't believe them, all you would need to do is post validation disproving it.
As to your claims of Christian despots and wars, the facts don't agree with you, let alone most people. But you go right ahead and look like an idiot.
Kuwait didn't ask for saving, along with Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries providing a position to do so.
Oh, name one non-Islamic country where you are condemned to death for being a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smirk.
First, I have come to consider that you are a liar, you claimed as a good chistian that you got your info regarding muslims from Al Jazeera. If that were true you would know that there is much muslim objection to the boko haram atrocity in

This is why we have education, books and even google. If you are too dumb to open a browser then don’t expect me to do it for you.
IRA, mass murder by terrorism. Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic mass murder by genocide, It may seem nothing to you but to their innocent victims and the survivors it really does kind of mean something quite important. So funny how you were not complaining (and perhaps even funding via NORAID) the murder of women and children by the IRA. So funny how your were not complaining about the Bosnian genocide of Muslims by good christians. You filter out those good Christian atrocities in the name of your faith. The atrocities carried out by some factions of Islam are exactly the as horrific as the atrocities carried out by some factions of christianity, the only difference is that you accept christian atrocities.
Nigeria

As I said and AS YOU ARE TRYING TO MISREPRESENT AND MISQUOTE, full sharia law is practiced in either 7 or 8 muslim countries as is documented, try educating yourself. Simply saying it isn’t so does not make it fact, it just makes you a liar – again. Oh and a hypocrite.

Right so hows about you posting a link to show how the universe was created by your god, how evolution did not happen and how your god exits? Hypocrite again...

Actually the facts do agree with me, the self serving stories of 1960/70s written to pacify an American audience and incidentally make a few dollars for the authors don’t agree with me. Do you really think I have not had this discussion on numerous occasions with numerous godbots and each and every time proved them wrong? If you are incapable of reading (and more to the point understanding) what is freely available then that is your problem.

One country? Just one, fair enough, and I believe you know it will, the USA, you will notice that pro-rata more atheist have been executed than christians and for essentially the exact same crime.
Also can you explain why the USA incarcerates more of it population than any other country in the world and why the USA is the only country in the world to have used nuclear weapons in anger? Why is the mortality rate at birth higher in the US than any other industrialised nation? Why is inequality in the US worse than any other industrialised nation?

Of course I know you don’t like talking about history but most certainly in fairly recent history christianity was just as guilty. Remember that Islam is a considerably younger religion than christianity, they still have to mature.

And that smirk makes you look so stupid, may I suggest you wipe it off your face before the wind changes and it sticks

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#229980 May 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
You dispute the term Muslim terrorism, but attribute all other violence to Christian?
I guess that would make sense to a Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron...
Smirk smile.
Say, no - but implied in your verbal tirade about muslim atrocities along with the acceptance of christian atrocities as “ancient history”, ie. Not worth counting
Where have I disputed the term muslim terrorism?
I guess that would make you a lying and hypocritical godbot

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229981 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way, was training to become a priest before the revolution
He never renounced his christianity and never said he was atheist, as a religious student he made two comments that cast doubt (in the eyes of certain people with there own agenda) on his faith, but hey, he was s student and what student does not question the status quo?
Following the consolidation of his power he began rebuilding the christian church, appointing priests and reopened the christian seminary among other religious works, is this the work of an atheist?
In his library were several christian books and he was known to discuss religion, god and christ in a favourable light with his daughter and some officials.
He was a secular minded religious opportunist. He didn’t use atheism to gain control, but his sick minded religious principles to overthrow the corruption of the christian church.
All this is documented by contemporary sources (not 1960/70s American authors, also with there own agenda) and available on the Internet
"Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way...."

SO! most of you hateful witches were influenced by christianity too, but you chose the world, the flesh and the devil over living in the spirit and now God and His people are your enemies just like it was for judas, stalin and all other wicked people throughout history. just like some traitors and spies chose to keep their identity a secret so that they can sabotage armies from within, so do some of y'all anticristers.....DUH!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229982 May 30, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe...
Why are lesbians atheists?
since the Bible encourages us to resist homosexuality as a sin of the flesh, i suspect they choose not to believe in God in order to appease their conscience:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229983 May 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA still uses capital punishment you moron So do many countries with a Christian majority.
there are no such laws from God for gentile nations (you moron), but it still makes sense for civil justice sake to execute those who commit heinous and brutal crimes rather than burden tax payers with millions upon millions of $ to take care of them the rest of their lives.

i don't know - maybe Christians are the only group of people still with common sense and decency on the planet and able to make such righteous decisions???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229984 May 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're just a maggot.
Some of the best blokes I know are self-confessed "poofters". I refuse to let those sweet, good men be dragged down by a filthy POS like yourself.
Not that you COULD drag them down to your level, lowlife.
OUCH!

i suspect that you think of yourself as a non-judgmental, non-bias, non-bigoted and genuinely 'good' person.....with the HUGE EXCEPTION TO CHRISTIANS!

this is exactly how the germans justified their holocaust against the Jews!:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229985 May 30, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he'll let you use the gavel and play the kazoo, too?
i'd much rather that you repent, believe and join us as an eternal family, but justice against evil is always a sweet thing in the end; is it not?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229986 May 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He got Topix married to manoanomoly.
He blows the flute.
There is no doubt about that.
nano's smart, conservative and hot!

what's the deal between you and i, hon? i've tried to make peace several times:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229987 May 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
There, there, poor dear. Did you think you could call me names, and you wouldn't get it back.
If you need someone to get down on their knees and kiss it better, Waassy's the bitch for the job.
:-)
there are some very distinct similarities between the way you and kaitlyn write, except of course for the contrived 'aussie' interjections!;-)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#229990 May 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, saying something doesn't make it so.
You still have NOTHING that equates to the violence that will be perpetrated on humanity TODAY! Zip, zero.
Nor is the horrific intolerance of Islamic violence limited to 7 countries.
First you decline to post validation, now you try to discount links FROM YOUR OWN POSITION!!! Everyone knows, if you really didn't believe them, all you would need to do is post validation disproving it.
As to your claims of Christian despots and wars, the facts don't agree with you, let alone most people. But you go right ahead and look like an idiot.
Kuwait didn't ask for saving, along with Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries providing a position to do so.
Oh, name one non-Islamic country where you are condemned to death for being a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smirk.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I have come to consider that you are a liar, you claimed as a good chistian that you got your info regarding muslims from Al Jazeera. If that were true you would know that there is much muslim objection to the boko haram atrocity in
This is why we have education, books and even google. If you are too dumb to open a browser then don’t expect me to do it for you.
IRA, mass murder by terrorism. Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic mass murder by genocide, It may seem nothing to you but to their innocent victims and the survivors it really does kind of mean something quite important. So funny how you were not complaining (and perhaps even funding via NORAID) the murder of women and children by the IRA. So funny how your were not complaining about the Bosnian genocide of Muslims by good christians. You filter out those good Christian atrocities in the name of your faith. The atrocities carried out by some factions of Islam are exactly the as horrific as the atrocities carried out by some factions of christianity, the only difference is that you accept christian atrocities.
Nigeria
As I said and AS YOU ARE TRYING TO MISREPRESENT AND MISQUOTE, full sharia law is practiced in either 7 or 8 muslim countries as is documented, try educating yourself. Simply saying it isn’t so does not make it fact, it just makes you a liar – again. Oh and a hypocrite.
Right so hows about you posting a link to show how the universe was created by your god, how evolution did not happen and how your god exits? Hypocrite again...
Actually the facts do agree with me, the self serving stories of 1960/70s written to pacify an American audience and incidentally make a few dollars for the authors don’t agree with me. Do you really think I have not had this discussion on numerous occasions with numerous godbots and each and every time proved them wrong? If you are incapable of reading (and more to the point understanding) what is freely available then that is your problem.
One country? Just one, fair enough, and I believe you know it will, the USA, you will notice that pro-rata more atheist have been executed than christians and for essentially the exact same crime.
Also can you explain why the USA incarcerates more of it population than any other country in the world and why the USA is the only country in the world to have used nuclear weapons in anger? Why is the mortality rate at birth higher in the US than any other industrialised nation? Why is inequality in the US worse than any other industrialised nation?
Of course I know you don’t like talking about history but most certainly in fairly recent history christianity was just as guilty. Remember that Islam is a considerably younger religion than christianity, they still have to mature.
And that smirk makes you look so stupid, may I suggest you wipe it off your face before the wind changes and it sticks
Honey, respond to what I said.

You shift to new stupid assertions to avoid what you can't defend.

It makes you stupid.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#229991 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the press everyday terrorism, the sort accepted as OK by morons like Rodney and KiMare, seems to have taken a back seat to “””Muslim””” terrorism but it still boils down to people being killed in the name of religion.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say, no - but implied in your verbal tirade about muslim atrocities along with the acceptance of christian atrocities as “ancient history”, ie. Not worth counting
Where have I disputed the term muslim terrorism?
I guess that would make you a lying and hypocritical godbot
Honey,

I took YOUR distorted list of ancient issues. I ignored nothing. You slandered me and I called you on it.

What was your point in highlighting """muslim" """ if it wasn't a silly stupid attempt to discount it's part?

Bottom line?

Today, more violence occurred by the hands of Islam, than any you can honestly attribute to Christianity.

Which makes you a Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to the max.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#229992 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Most people don’t endorse terrorism, but there are a few nut jobs that seem determined to fook civilisation.
In the press everyday terrorism, the sort accepted as OK by morons like Rodney and KiMare, seems to have taken a back seat to “””Muslim””” terrorism but it still boils down to people being killed in the name of religion.
In her own words, she will never play the banjo again but she’s ok.

Here is what YOU are defending;

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/world/africa/su...

Islam never hurt you, so that makes this okay?

There are 300 young girls going through the same thing in a single other location. THREE HUNDRED TEENAGE GIRLS BEING RAPED AND SOLD INTO SEXUAL SLAVERY RIGHT NOW.

And you are whining about the KKK.

You are a really sick 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Location hidden

#229993 May 30, 2014
What is more of a threat? The IRA or this happening in Syria right now?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/raymond-ibra...

You are a really sick 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Your bitterness has made you a monster.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#229994 May 30, 2014
A 4 hour spaz.

I've seen better KiMart.

Practice.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#229995 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Most people don’t endorse terrorism, but there are a few nut jobs that seem determined to fook civilisation.
In her own words, she will never play the banjo again but she’s ok.
Well, that's something I guess.

The only explosion you'll get from this Paddy - well you've seen that on here by now. The haters have targeted Muslims for one reason, then they can say: "Oh well @ least our religion isn't quite as bad as THAT."

I say:

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229996 May 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
OUCH!
i suspect that you think of yourself as a non-judgmental, non-bias, non-bigoted and genuinely 'good' person.....with the HUGE EXCEPTION TO CHRISTIANS!
this is exactly how the germans justified their holocaust against the Jews!:-)
Godwin's Law strikes again! I'm a Nazi for defending the very men that they sent to concentration camps in those days, then often worked to death.

Keep squawking, galah.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229998 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that wrong first time, I thought you had written entrails and it makes just as much sense
LOLOLOL!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#229999 May 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Honey,
I took YOUR distorted list of ancient issues. I ignored nothing. You slandered me and I called you on it.
What was your point in highlighting """muslim" """ if it wasn't a silly stupid attempt to discount it's part?
Bottom line?
Today, more violence occurred by the hands of Islam, than any you can honestly attribute to Christianity.
Which makes you a Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to the max.
Smirk.
Another pathetic ad feminam from you. What a bucket of rocks you are.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#230000 May 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
A 4 hour spaz.

I've seen better KiMart.

Practice.
lol

Location hidden

#230001 May 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
A 4 hour spaz.
I've seen better KiMart.
Practice.
Ah, the lazy scoffing of a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Embarrassingly stupid and insensitive.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 67,322
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Into The Night 28,678
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,538
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web