Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244716 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#229708 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You make unvalidated claims of supposed Christians in prison, while extolling the virtues of Muslims.
Meanwhile, the vast majority of horrific violence occurring right now is either in Islamic countries or fomented by Muslims.
You claim the virtues of intelligent conversation with Muslims as a woman.
But meanwhile, you ignore (as does the rest of Islam) the 300 girls kidnapped for sex slavery because Islam subjects women to ignorance.
Ah, the reasoning of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
Not invalidated, just denied by godbots like you, go on, educate yourself and look it up on google scholar the data is there for you to peruse.

Oh I agree with you on the violence count, for the most part christians have been cowed into submission and given up, been beaten or simply died out in the christian countries. Such good christians as Stalin, Hitler, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, NLFT, the KKK and those darling anti abortionists in the US. However their are still some good christian atrocities for you to hide, catholic priests sexually abusing children, the IRA are still killing people, the KKK are still killing and intimidating people and those darling anti abortionist are still using intimidation and force to impose there belief on others.

Yes I do make that claim and I know of one other person on this thread, another British atheist who will confirm that, and others on other threads. But feel free to guess if that’s what gets you off in the name of your god

I do not ignore the atrocities of one group and neither does Islam who condemn the kidnap of those girls just as you and any other decent person would. But once again if that’s the dream that consoles your belief in (funnily enough) the same god then feel free to lie about it.

Ahh the deliberate ignorance of godbot christards…

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229709 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption.

I have in the past spent a considerable amount of time in various Muslim countries, my husband (also atheist) is flying out to one today. The area I live is almost 12% Muslim, I can see 5 mosques from my office window (funnily enough more mosques than churches). 60% of the staff I employ are Muslim and the only people I can have decent, meaningful conversations with regarding religion here on topix are either atheist or muslim.

It seems that you have been brain washed by you local church hate campaigns and supermarket tabloid odium sheets. Either that or you are too stupid to discern the difference between Muslim and terrorist. It’s only makes sense for good christians to separate good christian murderers and groups like the IRA, NLFT, KKK etc from mainstream christianity but when it comes to other religions, such separation is anathema. More of your god given christian intolerance and deliberate ignorance.

Honey, atheism is the default birth state of humanity. Or perhaps you can provide evidence of a new born baby that believes in any deity. You should thank atheist that you have the choice and freedom to indoctrinate your children out of their initial state.
"Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption."

The best description of Rodny, that I've read to date.

It's nice to have a laugh such as this. Cheers.

#229710 May 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption."
The best description of Rodny, that I've read to date.
It's nice to have a laugh such as this. Cheers.
The comment was well earned and you are welcome to enjoy it

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#229712 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh but I was not "venting" yet you made a lying assumption because you believed it would belittle the atheist and get you extra god points. And now you are floundering while trying to dig yourself out of your self dug hole
Not belittling you at all.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#229713 May 23, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao!
G'day Rosa :-)
Pml.
Gday mate.
:-)

“It's time. . .”

Terra Australis

#229714 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks they should research the history of a guy named Saulus – later (several hundred years later) to become St Paul and the object of much worship.
Yes, it was he who wrote most of the New Testament - and most Xian ideals. I'll have to research him more.

“It's time. . .”

Terra Australis

#229715 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very telling that the US (and by all accounts the UK) prison population houses more than the national average of christians and far less than the national average of atheist.
Then that begs the question of who is more ethical? I don't judge all Xians by the Topix funny-mentalists, but see some of the same abuses in real life.

As for atheists, it reminds me of the story of the preacher who asked Richard Dawkins that if he was an atheist, what was there to stop him going out to rape, pillage and murder? It's scary to think that they believe religion would be the only thing stopping anyone. If it stops him - GOOD.

Everybody has their own ideas of what is right and wrong, whatever their religion or lack thereof. That's why I'm finding this Ethics course so bl00dy interesting.

#229716 May 23, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Not belittling you at all.
That is your claim now you have had time to consider, I don’t really care how much you backslide, your belief tells you that your god has seen everything you do, live with it.

#229717 May 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was he who wrote most of the New Testament - and most Xian ideals. I'll have to research him more.
Look at before he got the god bug, not a nice man by any standards

There is even evidence that the reason he wrote what he did was from guilt, it is claimed that he was the one responsible for the capture and hence the crucifixion of the guy that christians see as the late jc.

See the rebuttal of Celsus' work by Origen, his rebuttal describes the contents of Celsus work even though the original was destroyed in the (highly suspicious) fire of the library in Alexandra.

Universities have transcripts of early Saulus works

See also

Pantera by Sara Reinke
James, the brother of Christ by Robert Eisenman
The Mythmaker by Hyam Maccobys
Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus by Danial Underbank
Jesus the Terrorist by Paul Cresswell

I had a little input into compiling the data used in these books so I am somewhat prejudiced, there will no doubt be other books.

#229718 May 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that begs the question of who is more ethical? I don't judge all Xians by the Topix funny-mentalists, but see some of the same abuses in real life.
As for atheists, it reminds me of the story of the preacher who asked Richard Dawkins that if he was an atheist, what was there to stop him going out to rape, pillage and murder? It's scary to think that they believe religion would be the only thing stopping anyone. If it stops him - GOOD.
Everybody has their own ideas of what is right and wrong, whatever their religion or lack thereof. That's why I'm finding this Ethics course so bl00dy interesting.
This is one problem with some godbots, they claim morality as their own and are adamant that no one else can have any.

They cannot give any valid explanation why others cannot have any morality other than it’s what they believe. There in lies another problem, they see what they believe as “Truth” and will never educate themselves to any facts that contradict their beliefs

#229719 May 23, 2014
This weekend is a bank holiday here in the UK, a long weekend that includes Monday. As is typical the weather forecast predicts cold and damp but hey ho, that’s how it goes.

I gave the word for an early finish and the office emptied like magic, I’ll be packing up in a few minutes.

Have a good one all.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229720 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are still making empty threats
It's all he can do.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229722 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
“I came to Him because I did not know which way to turn. I remained with Him because there is no other way I wish to turn. I came to Him longing for something I did not have. I remain with Him because I have something I will not trade. I came to Him as a stranger. I remain with Him in the most intimate of friendships. I came to Him unsure about the future. I remain with Him certain about my destiny. I came amid the thunderous cries of a culture that has 330 million deities. I remain with Him knowing that truth cannot be all-inclusive.”
&#8213; Ravi Zacharias
i luv ravi z - i think he's the most brilliant apologist on the planet right now!

he has the answers for every skeptic if they really want to know the truth and he's always gracious and understanding with every person and issue he debates!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229726 May 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Waassy forgot to pull his shirt back down - AGAIN!
:D
hi Rosa,

i see that you're reasonable with people/christians who stay positive and i really respect you for that.

the Gospel (i.e., God proved His love for us all by sending us His Son) is a completely positive message and that's what i want to stay focused on.

as a dual citizen of heaven and the government to which i now belong on earth, i often interject my opinions on moral & civic matters and i get silly cuz i'm also only human, but i don't want those issues to be mistaken for or associated with the Gospel message.

i say this cuz you usually reply to comments i make about moral issues and i think we have room to disagree on those but still be able to respect each other.

can we be square about this?:-)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229727 May 23, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>hi Rosa,

i see that you're reasonable with people/christians who stay positive and i really respect you for that.

the Gospel (i.e., God proved His love for us all by sending us His Son) is a completely positive message and that's what i want to stay focused on.

as a dual citizen of heaven and the government to which i now belong on earth, i often interject my opinions on moral & civic matters and i get silly cuz i'm also only human, but i don't want those issues to be mistaken for or associated with the Gospel message.

i say this cuz you usually reply to comments i make about moral issues and i think we have room to disagree on those but still be able to respect each other.

can we be square about this?:-)
Internet time at the prison?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229728 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my dear, you were the one vomiting the sexism - again, you don’t like what you sow then that’s just tough
the new age definition of "sexism'" means that a man isn't completely emasculated by the pushy and controlling women around him, so i embrace the use of this term for myself.

THAT term as well as chauvinist, misogynic and all associated.

in fact, i think that most all 'new age' women can accurately be defined as "witches" according to past cultures and Bible doctrine!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229729 May 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we all know that your girlfriend doesn't talk too much - or at all.
http://www.spencersonline.com/adult_novelty_l...
'for God SO loved Rosa, that He gave His only begotten Son...'

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229730 May 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that. Along with Jews, homosexuals and usually strong women.
Marrying little girls...now that's just fine and dandy according to those ar$#lifters.
i'm not in any way challenging what you're saying about islam here, but i'd like clarification on what you mean by "strong women"?

do you mean strong as in 'she embraces her different creative design, gifts and strengths associated with being female and having a womb', or do you mean 'pushy and controlling and having the mentality that her differences are superior to mens differences'?

just asking.....:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229731 May 23, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - I am thin, right on the boundary of the BMI chart, I prefer slender, svelte or much better, elegant.
But you are correct, I am not that thin to be skeletal and do have flesh and skin on my skeleton. It’s just an ignorant godbot trying (and failing) to belittle me so he can earn extra god points, I am sure these numpties don’t even realise that lies and deceit deduct those wondrous get to heaven points they all crave.
do you at least have bubbles and sum junk in your trunk?;-)

#229732 May 23, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Rodny, you plonker![sic]
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO

Brilliant, thank you for setting my weekend off with a bang.

I wonder if he will understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 30 min Lawrence Wolf 10,631
Is the Christian god good? 34 min Richardfs 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 42 min ChristineM 20,490
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 48 min Richardfs 18
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 2 hr Shizle 7
There is no meaning without God 4 hr Shizle 3
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 15 hr Anonymous1386 3
More from around the web