Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229891 May 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some of the Muslims are Ok. They won't convert me though. Nor will I go with one again, that was a learning curve.
I'm sorry the bloke went through that. It's a verbal cage fight @ times on here. I put up with it because there are some people I do like to have a yarn with. Others...need a good kangaroo kick in the guts.
Sometimes I think that if there was a God, the first thing he would say if he came down here to Earth is: "Hey kids! Stop fighting!"
"Nor will I go with one again"

you went out with a lesbian muslim woman?!?! this i would have to see to beleive:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229892 May 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No one killed in the name of Atheism.
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229893 May 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The Prince of Wallachia sorted them out, you get to wait on the stick, be careful that you don't slide down too far. Now see what you went and did, you slid down the pole ....
now you will have to wait here till your second coming.
i have a sneaking suspision that the most blasphemous now will be the most cowardly then so i might ask the Lord if i can stand in on your trial to see if i'm right.......

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229894 May 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Written you moron, written, or are you not aware that when you post on topix your text becomes publicly visible.
Are you a gay boy trying to hide your proclivities from your fellow godbots by making sexually desirous comments and innuendo to anyone in a skirt?
listen - if you're trying to throw yourself at me, can you at least send me a recent pic with you scantly clothed?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229895 May 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load bollocks – no one else??? Wow, you must have a very selective news channel or your supermarket sensation sheets are pretty limited in there content.
Adam Lanza – christian
James Holmes – christian
Anders Behring Breivik – serious funnymentalist christian
Radovan Karadzic christian known for genocid
Ratko Mladic another good christian famous for genocide
The IRA, indiscriminate mass murdering terrorist christians
The NLFT in india, good christians all
The KKK, also christian.
Scott Roeder, good right wing chrsitian terrorist
The Sikh Temple massacre in Wisconsin,
Frank Silva Roque, Wade Michael Page, Jim David Adkisson
the Army of God
Paul Jennings Hill
Eric Rudolph
James Charles Kopp
Joseph Stack
David Lane and Bruce Pierce
Timothy McVeigh
ALL CHRISTIAN
Not very good at this game are you
you silly witch! Christ taught His disciples to love, not kill! therefore these people are NOT His followers nor are they CHRISTian - DUH!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229896 May 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a sneaking suspision that the most blasphemous now will be the most cowardly then so i might ask the Lord if i can stand in on your trial to see if i'm right.......
Stand in? You get to get nailed up beside me.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229898 May 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No but they are pretty typical in somewhat one sided examples of the atrocities that are instigated by religious intolerance. Rather like the intolerance of the IRA, NLFT and those good christians the KKK and anti abortionists in the US are guilty of. Funny how you never want to bring up those atrocities.
Nope I am not outraged, as you can tell by my whimsical comment and honey, contrary to your lying mumbo jumbo I take the pIss out of Islam just as much as I do with christianity. However, I consider I do it fairly and am unbiased in that humour, I base my comments of fact, unlike some gopdbots I could name on topix who base there hatred on hearsay and sensationalist press.
You made the statement and I provided a counter and highlighted the fact that you were lying in your ignorance and it also seems using clairvoyance in you hatred. As for why you need to search for muslim outrage, perhaps because the usual sensationalist hate sheets you usually read are too journalistically sh|te to publish it. There is considerable muslim response, quite possible far more than good old american response but, hey, if you want to be blind to facts them feel free to wallow in your own ignorance.
I lie? So tell me who has been fighting in Afganistan for the last 25 or so years? First christian Russians followed by christian westerners? Have you asked if they want help or are you simply imposing that help because you are christian?
Ahh you mean like the only war the mighty US has won on it’s own since the Mexican-American War was against a group of Caribbean island hill farmers in Grenada? You want to big up then get your facts straight. FYI the mujahideen kept the might of russia on the hop and did exactly the same for the NATO forces more recently, you may not like their methods (neither do I) but unless you can claim victory in Afganistan then tough
The sickest religion is all a tough one and the accolade goes jointly to all 3 of the abrahamic religions but on a personal note Muslims have never hurt me or mine, Jews have never hurt me or mine, christians have.
You don’t know anything but you can guess which is why your consider I sold out, because you are guessing at the facts and inserting your own prejudices into my life but hey, you are a godbot and so it’s understandable
Lol, talk about taking blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to a new level!!!

Honey, I wasn't talking about ancient history, we are looking at today!

IRA was a political fight 20 years ago

NLFT last exercised violence 13 years ago

KKK was over 50 years ago

anti abortionists have killed less than ten people to protect unborn children over 30 years

You can add all the casualties of these Christian rejects and still not equal ONE act TODAY of Islamic violence IN ONE LOCATION OF MANY!

Oh, here is some interesting info for you, please note the point about atheists...;

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statisti...

As to my source of info, you are right, I did use a 'hate sheet'; Al Jazeera

However, are you denying those situations do not exist? Really?

No one agrees with your defining of 'Christian' wars.

Nor would any rational person agree that the US needed help to kick Allah's ass again and again. Or save one twisted Islamic country after another from Muslim despots.

Oh, I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

In your case, I'm on a Crusade.

Smile.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Danville, VA

#229899 May 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No one killed in the name of Atheism.
<quoted text>
Teh God did.

“Liberty of the mind”

Since: Sep 13

Soweto

#229900 May 28, 2014
BobEasy wrote:
Atheism requires no faith whatsoever. That is one of the biggest misconceptions about atheism. Atheism isn't a belief; it is an absense of belief in a god. What an atheist is saying is, "Well there is no evidence for a god being real, therefore, I have no good reason to believe God is real". They are not asserting that there definitely is no god. They are saying they don't believe in one. And they have good reasons for not believing in one. Atheism requires no faith for this reason; they have evidence, reason, rationality, and logic on their side. All these things point to the fact that there probably isn't a god, so the atheist therefore doesn't believe there is a god.
On the other hand, most believers are saying that God definitely exists, but have not a shred of proof to back it up.
Bob, as far as I know Atheism is definite about the non-existence of any deity. However, the Agnostics are uncertain about the existence of such. Agnostics seek information/ evidence of such existence.

“Liberty of the mind”

Since: Sep 13

Soweto

#229902 May 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not really. For instance I don't believe in any god, but give me peer reviewable repeatable evidence and I will. I still wouldn't worship that god though, because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
From Wikipedia:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.
<quoted text>
Your Wikipedia citation confirms my contribution Thinking. I was just trying to highlight the difference between atheists and agnostics.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#229903 May 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Not really. For instance I don't believe in any god, but give me peer reviewable repeatable evidence and I will. I still wouldn't worship that god though, because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
From Wikipedia:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.
<quoted text>
So, your reasoning says there is no God because there is suffering?
Is that correct?

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#229904 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
Do you have any documented evidence that Thinking’s statement was worthy of laughter

Or are you just a numpty laughing in the name of your belief that goddunit wiv magic and everyone else wot don’t believe like wot you believe is to blame.

#229905 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
listen - if you're trying to throw yourself at me, can you at least send me a recent pic with you scantly clothed?:-)
I am dyslexic but it seems that you are the on who is unable to read.

Tell me, did your boyfriend fook your butt last night or was it your priests turn?

#229906 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you silly witch! Christ taught His disciples to love, not kill! therefore these people are NOT His followers nor are they CHRISTian - DUH!
Do you have any evidence that the late jc did any such thing. Remember that the babble compiled by committee 350 years after events, edited and bastardised to the extent that it had to be re-compiled in the early 1600s, not from the original but from babbles available at the time is not evidence.

However there is actual contemporary evidence that the guy you call christ was a terrorist and murderer who was crucified for his crimes. Using this (multiply sourced) evidence those people are MORE christian than you.

And since when was it your decision who is christian or who is not? Jeezoos fooking christ on a crutch, you arrogant T\/\/AT

So funny how a good, charitable, christian minded godbots ALWAYS deny the faith of another christian if their actions discredit what they believe christianity is all about.

So tell me, should you, the guy who lusts after and covets another mans wife be considered christian? Funny really there is no commandment aginst terrorism yet there is one about what you consider to be normal christian behaviour

#229907 May 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, talk about taking blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to a new level!!!
Honey, I wasn't talking about ancient history, we are looking at today!
IRA was a political fight 20 years ago
NLFT last exercised violence 13 years ago
KKK was over 50 years ago
anti abortionists have killed less than ten people to protect unborn children over 30 years
You can add all the casualties of these Christian rejects and still not equal ONE act TODAY of Islamic violence IN ONE LOCATION OF MANY!
Oh, here is some interesting info for you, please note the point about atheists...;
http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statisti...
As to my source of info, you are right, I did use a 'hate sheet'; Al Jazeera
However, are you denying those situations do not exist? Really?
No one agrees with your defining of 'Christian' wars.
Nor would any rational person agree that the US needed help to kick Allah's ass again and again. Or save one twisted Islamic country after another from Muslim despots.
Oh, I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
In your case, I'm on a Crusade.
Smile.
I don’t really give a sh|t what you were talking about, just turning the switch does not make it all go away.

The IRA still exist and is STILL committing murder

The KKK still exists and update there website regularly

Ahhh so killing less than 10 makers it all OK?

Yes 7 out of what,about 200 countries, that’s less than 10 so it must be OK in your book. But you want to use wikipedia as a source then try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...

Thank you for admitting it. but it seem your source is wikipedia, and that link you offered has been anonymously edited more than 30 times since October 2012.

Nope I am not denying any such thing, I am commenting on your bias, ignorance and hatred to the extent of racial hatred.

Most people agree with me on the point of christian wars, there are just a few deliberately ignorant christians who, despite the documented facts still deny it.

Rational, you use that word a lot, must be a pet of yours. Yet the US would not go to war with any muslim country without the backing/blessing/military/help of the majority of NATO aligned countries. Since before the American revolution, except once, whenever the US has tried they have got you a$$ spanked. And that once was against a group of poorly armed and badly organised hill farmers on a Caribbean island.

And again I ask, did anyone ever ask if they wanted saving? Nope they did not, the only reason for US (and NATO) intervention in the Arab world is political greed of oil revenue

So you choose war, fair enough – my clan motto is Aut Pax Aut Bellum, so this should be fun.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#229908 May 29, 2014
Praise the lawd!!

<quoted text>
A Florida woman is accused of drowning one child after trying to poison another, in what she described as accordance with a local pastor’s sermon, WPEC-TV reported on Wednesday.

Kimberly Dawn Lucas is currently being held in Palm Beach County Jail in connection with the death of her former partner’s 2-year-old daughter and the attempted killing of the child’s 10-year-old brother at their home in Jupiter on Monday.

Investigators said Lucas attended a sermon by Metropolitan Community Church pastor Lea Brown this past Sunday that covered the Biblical story of Abraham readying himself to sacrifice his son on orders from God, only to be stopped by God at the last minute.

Lucas is accused of trying the same thing — trying to kill the two young children she was helping to raise, but she wrote in a suicide note that God didn’t step in and stop her, at least in the case of the 2-year-old girl. Lucas’ own suicide attempt failed. Police reportedly found Lucas’ message (PDF) typed on a computer in the home.
<quoted text, snipped>
http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-05-28-flo...
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229909 May 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load bollocks – no one else??? Wow, you must have a very selective news channel or your supermarket sensation sheets are pretty limited in there content.
Adam Lanza – christian
James Holmes – christian
Anders Behring Breivik – serious funnymentalist christian
Radovan Karadzic christian known for genocid
Ratko Mladic another good christian famous for genocide
The IRA, indiscriminate mass murdering terrorist christians
The NLFT in india, good christians all
The KKK, also christian.
Scott Roeder, good right wing chrsitian terrorist
The Sikh Temple massacre in Wisconsin,
Frank Silva Roque, Wade Michael Page, Jim David Adkisson
the Army of God
Paul Jennings Hill
Eric Rudolph
James Charles Kopp
Joseph Stack
David Lane and Bruce Pierce
Timothy McVeigh
ALL CHRISTIAN
Not very good at this game are you
....This is absurd ....If you claim this , a fortiori . Charlemagne , Copernicus , Galileo , Queen Elizabeth , G Washington , Ben Franklin , G Patton , Bill Gates , W Churchill and the Beatles ..ALL CHRISTIANS ..
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229910 May 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If The Christain was Count Dracul would he need killing?
BTW He was a christian too. Or do thousands of people impaled on a stake fit in your version of good Christians?
...According to the T.V. didn't this Baron go on a murderous rampage ..because , the Church wouldn't give his spouse a christian burial ( she was a suicide ).

So , He in turned cursed God and the Church ..( I think he was more like you people , than a Christian )

How many souls perished in the Siberian work camps ...?

I realize you people would never admit Stalin was an atheist ...but , I will concede He isn't one anymore .

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#229911 May 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...According to the T.V. didn't this Baron go on a murderous rampage ..because , the Church wouldn't give his spouse a christian burial ( she was a suicide ).
So , He in turned cursed God and the Church ..( I think he was more like you people , than a Christian )
How many souls perished in the Siberian work camps ...?
I realize you people would never admit Stalin was an atheist ...but , I will concede He isn't one anymore .
Don't confuse Hollywood with actual history.
Stalin became an atheist, but that has little meaning in light of the fact what he really was.
The revolutionist leader of the Red Army.

#229912 May 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....This is absurd ....If you claim this , a fortiori . Charlemagne , Copernicus , Galileo , Queen Elizabeth , G Washington , Ben Franklin , G Patton , Bill Gates , W Churchill and the Beatles ..ALL CHRISTIANS ..
Say what?

Actually Galileo , Queen Elizabeth (I assume 1st but 2nd too) and Churchill were/are christian. Don’t know about the rest and not really bothered.

However that makes not the slightest difference to the FACTS

Just because they upset your sensibilities does not give you the right to dictate who is and who is not Christian, or perhaps you have been made pope and no one bathered telling the church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Dogen 77,153
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 18 min Frindly 1,098
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 min Frindly 32,304
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Frindly 948
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 11 hr The FACTory 4,334
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... Wed Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web