Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245025 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229300 May 16, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple word from a simple mind. Hey - why would one expect else - you are "Christian".
We've been over that same tired topic, you and I. Several times. I don't care to get into it again and I don't see why you do.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#229301 May 16, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m one that believes in “freedom” and you have exercised your freedom.
If you didn’t have a choice then you would not be free.
From this one freedom citizen to another. If you are content so be it. But I am from the house of David and I serve the God of all Gods, King of Kings, the great “I AM.”
How many other gods are there?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229303 May 16, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're a crazy old man spouting BS.
The air pollution caused by the steel industry to make inefficient wind turbines kills a lot of people with breathing difficulties and, per MWh, kills more steel workers than other forms of electricity generation, including nuclear.
Hydroelectric power killed 171,000 people in just one incident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banqiao_Dam
I can't take your hysteria seriously.
<quoted text>
And yet the population of earth is more then it ever was at 7 billion,go figure
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#229304 May 16, 2014
test
USaWorldBully War Monger

United States

#229306 May 16, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Clearly our population is not under threat from gay marriage, nuclear power, or declining church attendance.
<quoted text>
US Neo-Malthusian Castrophe and US NeoCons wars on world incite others to hate us and US Right wing Xtain Coalition/fundies believed In World apocalyptic agenda... look at readings of what planed for American and the world - Geogia Guidestone located in our US. Conspiracy ?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229307 May 16, 2014
USaWorldBully War Monger wrote:
<quoted text>US Neo-Malthusian Castrophe and US NeoCons wars on world incite others to hate us and US Right wing Xtain Coalition/fundies believed In World apocalyptic agenda... look at readings of what planed for American and the world - Geogia Guidestone located in our US. Conspiracy ?
....You're a "lair" {sic}..

I believe whoever is sponsoring "you" is the biggest threat to world peace ....Yes, I believe you are being ..paid...Nobody is ' this ' stupid " UidiotMakeworldPeace" ..

So, be it the dysfunctional Arabs ....or...That hunk of of a man Putin ...( what, I wouldn't give to be able to taste that man's bath water ..!.)

America is "here" to put out ,their fires ...Amen

America is the greatest country ON EARTH ....( if you don't count , Australia , New Zealand , Costa Rica , Scandinavia , Finland , Britain , Liechtenstein , Serbia , Switzerland , the Netherlands ....and, a few other gay countries ..)

Las Vegas, NV

#229308 May 16, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Lair, you sinned in again , know if you such truth Christian, you swear on you Bible , that you did not like But you pretty with all those posts and this only post you drunk! I don'gt believe you, more like you mentally challenged,,,. baahahahaaaa
...SPEAK ENGLISH ..!!!...cabron ..!
UidiotRaceMakeWo rldpeace

United States

#229309 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....You're a "lair" {sic}..
I believe whoever is sponsoring "you" is the biggest threat to world peace ....Yes, I believe you are being ..paid...Nobody is ' this ' stupid " UidiotMakeworldPeace" ..
So, be it the dysfunctional Arabs ....or...That hunk of of a man Putin ...( what, I wouldn't give to be able to taste that man's bath water ..!.)
America is "here" to put out ,their fires ...Amen
America is the greatest country ON EARTH ....( if you don't count , Australia , New Zealand , Costa Rica , Scandinavia , Finland , Britain , Liechtenstein , Serbia , Switzerland , the Netherlands ....and, a few other gay countries ..)
Wrong , then Why 90 % of my Americans want no more overseas wars AND WORLD despise you US mercenaries/war mongers!

! You the corrupted US mercenaries/Neocons/Nazis/zion sts and you minions lowly Authoritarians/right Wing Xtain fundies and supprters... are REAL threat to World Peace, as you US war mongers/mercenaries the real Anti-Americans/immigrants . Anti-World, Anti-peace, Anti-US constitutions, Anti-Civil Liberty, Anti-Law,..

Then Why International War Crimes Tribunal had tried Bush & co , Blair and Co, for war crimes Against humanity, you next , sooner or later you us War mongers will be tried for War crimes , You will see light and justice ! One for Humanity! BAhahahahaa

Las Vegas, NV

#229310 May 16, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>

I still believe in God without religion, which is something that many people, both atheists and religionists, do not understand.
I am a freethinker and don't go along with popular thought,.
...( I'm so sorry Protestant friends ...)

"Rodny" when , you reject the authority of the Pope ....You., make yourself the Pope ..

The very same thing Lucifer has done ..

United States

#229311 May 16, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...SPEAK ENGLISH ..!!!...cabron ..!
You can't even explain what is LeoStraussian philosophy ... let along understand US Hegemony..., Now take your BS and Shove Up you peebrain Grunting Meathead, understand this MTF! Bahahahahaaa
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#229312 May 16, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
How many other gods are there?
I don’t know because there are many idol Gods. Some made of mortar, wood, brass or gold. Then some others worship animals, nature, and others.

But there’s only one True God, the Great “I AM.”

The King of Kings, God of all Gods, the Alpha and Omega.

It is the One True God that is my God.

Las Vegas, NV

#229313 May 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine, I'm not atheist. I am however a non believer.
I also think you are free to believe whatever you choose, no matter how ignorant or silly it is.
But don't expect me to not ridicule the inability to rationalize and concur the truth of things.
It is human nature to believe in stupid things, it is by enlightenment that you can rise above the frailty of human nature.
Can I ask you "Aura Mytha" ..do you expect we will find life on Io ( a Jupiter Moon )...?

I won't hold you to your opinion ...just want to ask ..

..." I don't know ":...Is an acceptable answer ..

More " importantly " ...What are you wearing ..?

United States

#229314 May 16, 2014
John Dewey "The only way to abolish war is to make peace heroic.

===

Richard Durbin, U.S. Senator
"
..., the United States needs to promote the development of democracy and human rights, not militaries that view their own citizens as the enemy.

Las Vegas, NV

#229315 May 16, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so damn naive? illuminati don't care neither about what country you come from nor your race. They are united in their satanic cause woirldwide
...If the illuminati ..were..really Satanic .

They wouldn't be interested in " sharing " power ...So , you must believe the illuminati is all white ..

I say , Arabs and Orientals ...are "not" controlled by the West ..

United States

#229316 May 16, 2014
Helen Keller, 1940
"
Strike against war, for without you no battles can be fought! Strike against manufacturing shrapnel and gas bombs and all other tools of murder! Strike against preparedness that means death and misery to millions of human beings! Be not dumb, obedient slaves in an army of destruction! Be heroes in an army of construction.
AtheistChris

Ashland, KY

#229317 May 16, 2014

United States

#229318 May 16, 2014
Martin Luther King, Jr.(civil Right leader...

If an American is concerned only about his nation, he will not be concerned about the peoples of Asia, Africa, or South America. Is this not why nations engage in the madness of war without the slightest sense of penitence? Is this not why the murder of a citizen of your own nation is a crime, but the murder of citizens of another nation in war is an act of heroic virtue?

United States

#229319 May 16, 2014

Ramsey Clark, Ex-Marine, Former United States Attorney General and human rights activist

"The greatest crime ..has been U.S. foreign policy.

Las Vegas, NV

#229320 May 16, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>You can't even explain what is LeoStraussian philosophy ... let along understand US Hegemony..., Now take your BS and Shove Up you peebrain Grunting Meathead, understand this MTF! Bahahahahaaa
..you're being PAID ...give back the rubles or riyals ...

...You failed ...

Nobody is buying what you are selling ...

United States

#229321 May 16, 2014
Former GI Tommy Bridges
"
"It was a useless war, as every war is.... How gaddamn foolish it is, the war. They's no war in the world that's worth fighting for, I don't care where it is. They can't tell me any different. Money, money is the thing that causes it all. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that the people that start wars and promote 'em are the men that make the money, make the ammunition, make the clothing and so forth. Just think of the poor kids that are starvin' to death in Asia and so forth that could be fed with how much you make one big shell out of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min thetruth 20,644
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 48 min ChristineM 10,971
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,667
John 3:16 9 hr thetruth 83
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Fri Shizle 20
More from around the web