Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229142 May 14, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I don't worship Darwin. Yet much of his findings will survive forever.
If your god looks like you, your god is very limited.
<quoted text>
dude said - "Yet much of his findings will survive forever"

do you mind defining your use of the word "forever" in context here?

i personally believe and have much scriptual precedent to back it, that the wicked and their Godless theories will soon be forgotten once the Redeemed begin their eternal journey:-)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#229143 May 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know right off the bat, that Faraday didn't consult The Dave Nelson before making any of his discoveries.
WTF was Faraday thinking?
He was a great analytical and scientific thinker who didn't let belief get in the way of experimentation.

Location hidden

#229144 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Silly Billy , No one gives a crap about Kuwait ...
Saddam moved his armor towards the Saudi oil fields ...America thought " Yep , time to liberate Kuwait ..! "
No one gives a crap about Kuwait you say.
This sounds just like you said it.

The Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991) was a war waged by coalition forces from 34 nations led by the United States against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

Sure Saddam's threats to other things and places apply, including scud launches into Israel.
But the gist of the matter is much simpler.

"The initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial bombardment on 17 January 1991. This was followed by a ground assault on 24 February. This was a decisive victory for the Coalition forces, who liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraqi territory."

Everyone tends to care about people being bullied by assholes, especially nations being bullied by them.

Location hidden

#229145 May 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what you said, you said:
"Aura Mytha wrote:
Yeah we invaded Kuwait and robbed them blind like Ali Babba and the 40 thieves."
"We", in your case, is Americans…
IF you can't read into sarcasm ? Then I believe you judgement is damaged beyond repair.

Location hidden

#229146 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."RiversideRedn eck" ...be the bigger man , and allow this poor soul to backtrack ...
You are an imbecile, I reiterate a retarded person with a big keyboard for a mouth.
You should be flogged and water boarded, maybe then you could remember your place in the pecking order.

Location hidden

#229148 May 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that he wouldn't backtrack on his own, so I had to throw his own post back at him.
You upchuck far to much in here , maybe you should go read your bible.
Since that's the only thing you believe to be true.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229149 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
You upchuck far to much in here , maybe you should go read your bible.
"too".

The word you were looking for is "too".

Ya dumb atheist.

It's okay, it's a big word.

Take your time.
Zhiguli

Belgrade, Serbia

#229150 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I don't subscribe to secret powers controlling the World ..
When a father really can't even control his own family ...
They are wealthy, they have money for everything. Don't worry they can rule and control everything with ease

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229151 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
IF you can't read into sarcasm ? Then I believe you judgement is damaged beyond repair.
"your".

The word you were looking for is "your".

Ya dumb atheist.

It's okay, it's a big word.

Take your time.

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#229152 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991) was a war waged by coalition forces from 34 nations led by the United States against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.
Sure Saddam's threats to other things and places apply, including scud launches into Israel.
"The initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial bombardment on 17 January 1991. This was followed by a ground assault on 24 February. This was a decisive victory for the Coalition forces, who liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraqi territory."
Everyone tends to care about people being bullied by assholes, especially nations being bullied by them.
There's no doubt the Iraqis were bullies back then, with the Kuwaitis victims. By 2003, different story...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229155 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an imbecile, I reiterate a retarded person with a big keyboard for a mouth.
You should be flogged and water boarded, maybe then you could remember your place in the pecking order.
...Well , I never ...!!

I'm just surprised how little you so called "more intelligent " beings actually know of the Gulf War ...You claim we invaded Kuwait ..

"Bob of Quantum-Faith" said it was Iran who was invaded ...

Las Vegas, NV

#229157 May 14, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
<quoted text>
They are wealthy, they have money for everything. Don't worry they can rule and control everything with ease
They'd have to be families from every part of the globe , working " together " ...Royalty from the Gulf States , Europe , China , Japan , North America and Russia ..

Seriously ? "Zhiguli" seriously ..?

Location hidden

#229158 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well , I never ...!!
I'm just surprised how little you so called "more intelligent " beings actually know of the Gulf War ...You claim we invaded Kuwait ..
"Bob of Quantum-Faith" said it was Iran who was invaded ...
We did, and expelled the thieves, returned home and waited for the next UN resolution and WMD inspectors to call the next shot. What are you making pointless assertions about now?

Las Vegas, NV

#229159 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You upchuck far to much in here , maybe you should go read your bible.
You're angry at us ...because you're wrong ...?

It's none of my business ....but is it , that time of the month ..??

Location hidden

#229160 May 14, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no doubt the Iraqis were bullies back then, with the Kuwaitis victims. By 2003, different story...
By 2003 the main theme was 1991 didn't quite say it.
Especially since you try to circumvent sanctions, and defy the victorious arrogantly in effort to
wiggle out of the grasp of the will of all the people of the free world.

Location hidden

#229161 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You're angry at us ...because you're wrong ...?
Wrong about what? Your interpretation of my meaning? That would be your error,,,do try to keep up.

Location hidden

#229162 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You're angry at us ...because you're wrong ...?
BTW I'm not angry about your stupidity, just what was it Gen. Schwarzkopf said?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/12/2...

Las Vegas, NV

#229163 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The Baathist's forces conquered Kuwait in the first week of August ...August 7th US forces are deployed in the KSA ( kingdom of saudi arabia )..

Ostensibly to liberate Kuwait ( 7 months later )...Look , "Aura" how could the Administration be forthright and actually exclaim " We're gonna put your sons and daughters in harms way ; to protect the Saudi oil fields ! "

Las Vegas, NV

#229164 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong about what? Your interpretation of my meaning? That would be your error,,,do try to keep up.
...Apology ...accepted ...!
Out of the darkness

Lamar, CO

#229165 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gulf War.

OPEC was geting too greedy. Hurting our economy.

Bush let the gorilla loose.

Bush made OPEC pay for caging the gorilla, at a litle profit, and OPEC got less greedy because the gorilla was still there.

Our economy picked up again because of cheaper oil and Clinton claims the credit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 min thetruth 23,255
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min thetruth 2,609
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 min thetruth 168
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 13 min thetruth 14
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineM 1,454
God' existence 14 hr polymath257 84
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 18 hr Mikko 5
More from around the web