Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
220,001 - 220,020 of 226,550 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229085 May 13, 2014
justacomment wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Don't you think it's odd that university professors can spend an entire career mocking god then when the rug is pulled out from under them, thier wife left because they cheated and now they have aids, that they go sniveling back to what they think is faith in some church and ask for prayer for god to heal them? When thier entire life was spent mocking faith?
Wow, that's grace.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229086 May 13, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i always try to be reasonable first, but if/when that fails, i can always beat the unreasonable sorts at their own game.
are you calling faith in God for healing a "Christian Science" doctrine???
bros and sista's, number four seems like one of them whom Paul speaks of in 2 Tim 3: 5 when he says "having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!"
they have nothing but self-righteousness and religion/superstition to offer!:-)
Okay , fine ..God is the healer of all our pain and anguish , but sometimes He works through modern medical practices ...

Las Vegas, NV

#229087 May 13, 2014
UidiotRaceMakeWorldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>Psot give you headaches
iraqi never asked for Military intervention it all about our ill US hegemonic worldly aspirations! You lair!
Read up clueless....
"Since the Bush-Cheney Administration took office in January 2001, controlling the major oil and natural gas fields of the world had been the primary, though undeclared, priority of US foreign policy... Not only the invasion of Iraq, but also the toppling of the Taliban in Afghanistan, had nothing to do with 'democracy,' and everything to do with pipeline control across Central Asia and the militarization of the Middle East."
F. William Engdahl –Biography F. William Engdahl is an award-winning geopolitical analyst, strategic risk consultant, author, professor and lecturer.
..Well , then we can all safely assume F. William Engdahl is an idiot ..

We're in Afghanistan because Al Qaeda knocked our block off , and we're kinda hoping to insure that doesn't happen again ...And , of course the 100 plus nuclear weapons in the Pakistani armory also gives us impetus to stabilize the Af/Pak theater ..

and , YES ..Nouri al Maliki has asked for United States military intervention in battling Al Qaeda ...that, you would label such pleas as "Stockholm syndrome" ..

Is not surprising since most of your understanding of global politics appears to be mere verisimilitude .
Zhiguli

Belgrade, Serbia

#229088 May 13, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been brainwashed into IDIocy,seek help
http://www.jhuger.com/pascals-sucker-bet
Sorry idiot. But doctors don't put someone in madhouse just because he's Christian. Why? because it's a totally normal thing.

It's atheist trash like you who should be locked up there. Let's now examine some of the atheists: Marx- madman Stalin- madman Darwin- madman, Rotschild family- madmen, Rockafellers- madmen Bush family- madmen Obamas- madmen, etc, etc etc.

Las Vegas, NV

#229089 May 13, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not start wars and invade other countries. Boy what a short memory you have. George W. Bush and the invasion of Iraq comes to mind. They didn't start it, we did. Or Bush, the great decider, did.
The Idiots guide to Gulf War one and two ..

1) The First incursion was ostensibly to liberate Kuwait , but we all know it was Iraq's massing of armor near the Saudi oil fields , that provoked an armed response ..

Now , recall ...We never signed an armistice and we were enforcing a no fly zone that was being disputed ...ergo...We were still in a ' hot ' War ..

2) Gulf War Two ...I see as President Bush as finally just saying " enough is enough ! "

funny factoid ) Operated Iraqi Freedom , was first tagged Operation Iraqi Liberation ...but, someone in the Pentagon said " Hey , check out this acronym O.I.L ....

Las Vegas, NV

#229090 May 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we invaded Kuwait and robbed them blind like Ali Babba and the 40 thieves.
.."we"..Invaded Kuwait .?...."Aura Mytha" , you sly devil ..are you an Iraqi expat ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#229091 May 13, 2014
ADD! As to US foreign Aids is two faced, most often comes with a big string attached, strict terms and conditions as most aid goes to hand-picked US Dictatorial Puppets for Oppressions/suppression of its people, what do i mean by that Number 4?
Bahhahaaaaa
..Most American foreign comes in the form of tanks , helicopters and armored personal carriers ...and, we don't give to dictators , we give to democratically elected governments who's need for security outweigh their need for rice and sugar ..

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#229092 May 13, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry idiot. But doctors don't put someone in madhouse just because he's Christian. Why? because it's a totally normal thing.
It's atheist trash like you who should be locked up there. Let's now examine some of the atheists: Marx- madman Stalin- madman Darwin- madman, Rotschild family- madmen, Rockafellers- madmen Bush family- madmen Obamas- madmen, etc, etc etc.
Putin? Madman?

Las Vegas, NV

#229093 May 13, 2014
<quoted text>Because they Japanese and German manage get themselves out of their own mess but US did not thing but put strict sanctions on them , example As Japanese Are not allow to build there own Advanced war fleets with nuke capabilIty... they are not thing by Lap dogs of our US! BAhahahahaahaa
You poor excuse for being a ignorant World war mongers who are clueless about world as you been still drinking the Us koolaid! Do get of it, as you see worldview why it waY IT IS!
Many smaller/poorer Nations have no way/limit capabiilty in protecting themselves are usually bully by our US Militaristic Superiority and many nations we had invaded had not got out Poverty still with a third rate infrastructure...US /G6 nations plunderrape/mass murdered many in third world /under developed countries like of Africa, Latin America....
My point is these African and Arab Nations still claiming to be suffering because of European colonialism are all " Lairs" (sic)

Germany and Japan were turned into parking lots ..and they have rebuild , The Hindus aren't still claiming colonialism hobbled them ...We can't help that Arabs and Africans can't choose wise leaders ..

I'm pretty happy with the Latin Americans , It's not their fault cocaine is so awesome ; everybody wants it ..

You claim everybody hates America , then you claim America has lap dogs ...You make no sense , it's like you're from Bizzaro World ..

No..!!...Japan...and...Germany ....ARE VERBOTEN...from raising an Army . After two World Wars , these two sovereign states have proved they just don't play nice with others ..

Las Vegas, NV

#229094 May 13, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin? Madman?
oh no , not "mad"...I'd say a wee bit "huffy".

Las Vegas, NV

#229095 May 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who?
<quoted text>
Anyone who cheered the Twin Towers destruction
Should be hung in a public setting.
Period.
..but, but..?...What if you were living in New York near ground zero ...and, those towers were blocking your panoramic view ...?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229097 May 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..but, but..?...What if you were living in New York near ground zero ...and, those towers were blocking your panoramic view ...?
Now that's a good point....

Can't go and have your view blocked, now can you?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#229098 May 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's a good point....
Can't go and have your view blocked, now can you?
If somebody attempts to block Catcher's view of the Pacific Ocean, they'll have a lawsuit in their hands.

Like you say, can't have my view blocked.

A Rob Roy loses some of its allure without the view.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#229099 May 13, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes youre sorry IDiot alright..LLL

and from every xians posts here yours included shows you morons are NUTZ of the highest order...and LIARs too

Bush is kristain,,so is Obama and only IMBECILE would call Darwin madman,so FCK YA
and your kristINSANITY

www.evilbible.com

www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_w...

www.wanttoknow.info/008/obama_religious_belie...
Zhiguli

Belgrade, Serbia

#229100 May 13, 2014
if Bush and Obama are Christian, why are they members of secret societies which practice pure satanism? Why do they impose NWO and tyranny on the people?

See, you failed again.

And Darwin is a madman. Only a fool can say that his ancestor was a plankton, from plankton he evolved to fish, from fish to frog, from frog to dinosaur, from dinosaur to monkey, the monkey grabbed a stick, stood straight and started to think, speak and have feelings. Seems to me you agree with him, I'll stick to that we all were made according to God's image :)
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#229101 May 13, 2014
They are satanic bunch for sure!

United States

#229103 May 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Most American foreign comes in the form of tanks , helicopters and armored personal carriers ...and, we don't give to dictators , we give to democratically elected governments who's need for security outweigh their need for rice and sugar ..
\\Don't like him try below! A real Democracy is mostly a facade in the making , a propaganda tool used by those govt leaders in power to keep Populace happy , often fooling the masses to think it a real Democracy but actually its really Quasi-democracy , offering to civilians , that come with some rights taken away, not really a Full Democracy

William Shirer, Michael Parenti, Sword and Dollar, p106 About US supporting Dictactors that are US puppets...

dictactor Saddam a US puppet at helm of Iraq is not a Democracy, US provided Aid and ArmsWeapons, when no longer listened to US instructions he got canned

keyword(s) Shirer fascist dictatorships rightwing governments

For "the last fifty years we've been supporting right wing governments, and that is a puzzlement to me... I don't understand what there is in the American character ... that almost automatically, even when we have a liberal President, we support fascist dictatorships or are tolerant towards them.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#229104 May 13, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
if Bush and Obama are Christian, why are they members of secret societies which practice pure satanism? Why do they impose NWO and tyranny on the people?
See, you failed again.
And Darwin is a madman. Only a fool can say that his ancestor was a plankton, from plankton he evolved to fish, from fish to frog, from frog to dinosaur, from dinosaur to monkey, the monkey grabbed a stick, stood straight and started to think, speak and have feelings. Seems to me you agree with him, I'll stick to that we all were made according to God's image :)
Awww....look! The crazy train rolled into town!

United States

#229105 May 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>My point is these African and Arab Nations still claiming to be suffering because of European colonialism are all " Lairs" (sic)
Germany and Japan were turned into parking lots ..and they have rebuild , The Hindus aren't still claiming colonialism hobbled them ...We can't help that Arabs and Africans can't choose wise leaders ..
I'm pretty happy with the Latin Americans , It's not their fault cocaine is so awesome ; everybody wants it ..
You claim everybody hates America , then you claim America has lap dogs ...You make no sense , it's like you're from Bizzaro World ..
No..!!...Japan...and...Germany ....ARE VERBOTEN...from raising an Army . After two World Wars , these two sovereign states have proved they just don't play nice with others ..
Japan and germany are lapdogs of US PNAC agendas and US sanctions limited Military buildup!
Actually most of Mid East and Africa people want our US military bases close and leave and then with the Arab Spring Uprising Protesting US Military and US Embassies close, Why in news so many US embassies are closing, they want our US to leave, as our US military presence in region are cuasing various wars and dissensions among nations/brothers. And, the educated African people want US AFRICOM disbanded!
=====
Penny Lernoux, Cry of the People, p177

"All the Latin-American Presidents overthrown with U.S. help in recent years represented constituted governments: Arbenz in Guatemala (1954), Goulart in Brazil (1964), Allende in Chile (1973)....

It mattered not whether the perceived threat was a democratically elected government or a guerrilla group; it was a dangerous precedent to be eliminated by military force.

United States

#229106 May 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know the US isn't wanted.
Problem?
YEs, you have brain of warring barbarian and clueless abut its future concurent consquences of what our US actions worldwide and at home, so?
What happen if those many countries our US invaded in past . and some to most decide to callaborate , then what stupid?

You are moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 min Thinking 21,529
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist 17 hr _Bad Company 3
Our world came from nothing? 21 hr Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 21 hr Patrick 13
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••