Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258479 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

UiDiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#229198 May 15, 2014
"We first fought in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change."

Serj Tankian

United States

#229199 May 15, 2014
"When the full and true story of Jean-Bertrand Aristide is finally told, it will portray a noble and humble man who gave of himself honorably to serve the interests of all the people of Haiti. His only failure was his inability to overcome the brutal and corrupt power of the U.S. and its determination to see him fail. "

Stephen Lendman

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#229200 May 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
number four wrote:
But , this isn't one of those website ...if you're not here to ridicule Atheists or Theists , might I suggest " match.com " ...I'm pretty sure gays are welcomed ..
<quoted text>
You say that as if it's a bad thing...
You intolerant homophobe, you.
Nah, nothing could be further from the truth. You perceive it as such because your religion has warped your thinking.

United States

#229201 May 15, 2014
US war crimes - US foreign policy

Operation Desert Slaughter
Thoughts on Holocaust Memorial Day.
by Felicity Arbuthnot
Global Research, January 28, 2008
"
When the figures of the dead in Iraq, Afghanistan and Gaza, reach six million, as the world stands by, will they too get their own Holocaust Memorial Day?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229203 May 15, 2014
Rodny wrote:
Atheists posting here are giving themselves, and Atheism, a bad name.
There is nothing but hate in their posts.
If this is what makes an atheist then I wouldn't want to be one.
And before they start throwing insults, as usual and as expected, I do not belong to any religion, I just believe in God. It is a personal matter.

Which is another thing about atheists. It is obvious that their issue is not whether God exists or not, but their hate of Christians. I never see them, except in rare cases, mentioning other religions which also believe in God and are committing atrocities in the name of God, as Muslims are doing.
They should be thankful that they are living in a Christian country which gives them the freedom to be atheists and free speech, even if offensive.
If they were living in a muslim country they would be beheaded and executed in public for blasphemy.
Freedom of speech also does not exist in officially atheist countries, like China.

So nobody in their right mind can take these atheists posting here seriously.
They don't want discussion, but just spit out their hate.
I have no doubt that if given the power and chance they would torture and kill all Christians.
So who said that atheism is not a religion?
And a fanatical religion at that?

I don't want to hear the usual endless list of name calling for answers, that is for children and fanatics, but a serious discussion about the points I mentioned, and also those raised by others. But I am probably asking too much.
Is that why you stalk them in your various socks?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229205 May 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>dude said - "Yet much of his findings will survive forever"

do you mind defining your use of the word "forever" in context here?

i personally believe and have much scriptual precedent to back it, that the wicked and their Godless theories will soon be forgotten once the Redeemed begin their eternal journey:-)
Scriptural precedent...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229206 May 15, 2014
Rodny wrote:

I have no doubt that if given the power and chance they would torture and kill all Christians.
I don't want to hear the usual endless list of name calling for answers, that is for children and fanatics, but a serious discussion about the points I mentioned, and also those raised by others. But I am probably asking too much.
..whoa..!...Unfair , "topix" isn't a locale to find thoughtful , and respectable insightful discussions ...

We tend towards the puerile , that's why we're here and not on "Facebook" ....it's this accursed anonymity ...

"Topix" is the Island where unwanted Christmas toys go ...So , grown a skin ...and buckle up ........Fatso !
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229211 May 15, 2014
UiDiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Antually S&B i semi-Secret Society, they actually recruited as High-class Foot Soldiers in govt but those behind heavy veil (ILLuminati AKA -MAster Green Dragons of Old Europe Decent etc.,- Wealth in Trillion USD Assets ...) pull their strings, like Bushjr is a US puppet leader ( multi -Millionaire! It follow a Pyramid-type Authoritarian Structure of rulership - greedy and Corrupted to say the least - Satanic !
Bhahahahahaaaaa
....Bhahahahahaaa...Bush "jr." ..Is the mastermind..?..of the secret society ..

( crap , now I feel sorry for the secret society )

Bhahahahahaaaaa

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#229213 May 15, 2014
Rodny wrote:
If this is what makes an atheist then I wouldn't want to be one.
And before they start throwing insults, as usual and as expected, I do not belong to any religion, I just believe in God. It is a personal matter.

Which is another thing about atheists. It is obvious that their issue is not whether God exists or not, but their hate of Christians. I never see them, except in rare cases, mentioning other religions which also believe in God and are committing atrocities in the name of God, as Muslims are doing.
They should be thankful that they are living in a Christian country which gives them the freedom to be atheists and free speech, even if offensive.
If they were living in a muslim country they would be beheaded and executed in public for blasphemy.
Freedom of speech also does not exist in officially atheist countries, like China.

So nobody in their right mind can take these atheists posting here seriously.
They don't want discussion, but just spit out their hate.

I think you're mixing up atheists with the Christians here.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229215 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>I'm not one that hate USA! You lowly Authoritarians are ones that ruined US and world with your US war machines! Then why over 90% of my American don't want no more wars and world hates us Americans it all you fault as you Lowly Authoritarians are real Warring Right Wing the cause of most mess will seeing at home and abroad .As Radio Shockjocks to likes like Rush (Druggie) LimbAUGHT, ANn CULTer, Mike SAVAGE of America..., you warring American Christian Fundie s/Right wing christian Coalition/War mongering NeoCons and its satanic minions had ruined US and world with your War machines in fact you US right wingers brung about a US police State and MArtial LAw, incited growth of enemies worldwide as our US bully many nations, propagated wars had introduced illegal extra-constitutional agendas, ruined our Civil liberties, and U propagated the obnoxious CISPA/SOFA , U stepped on US constitution... you US war mongers are real Anti-Americans. anti-civil liberty, Anti-World , Anti_human rights, Anti-labor right, Anti-peace,Anti-law, Anti US constitutution... you beankrupted Us moral and financially and world no longer trust our US because you right winger US war monger supporter are cause of these mess at home and abroad and do take all your US War machine and dump it all in the ocean and do return to you hell hole, begone satanic minions! You dark evil satinic minion god of war will see the light and justice and banish you back to your hell! Bahhahahahahaa ! One for world humanity! Bahahahaha
As international War crimes tribunal had tried Bush & co, Blair & co for war crimes againt humanity, you next grunters, sooner of later you be tried also! One for Humanity ! Light and justice upon evil atanic minions
And , you our American NAZI/Zionist/Fundies reliogius nutes are real American/wrold haters, YOU US war mongers are one SHOULD LEAVE the US, And land don't belong to you, as you STOLE it from NAtive indians of N.America. Know now take you BS and shove up you...
Bahahahahahahaha
...Phffitt...whatever...

I'd rather have Americas problems , than the problems of any other country ...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229216 May 15, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what your jesus said?
http://www.factpile.com/wp-content/uploads/20...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229217 May 15, 2014
US war crimes - US foreign policy
Operation Desert Slaughter
Thoughts on Holocaust Memorial Day.
by Felicity Arbuthnot
Global Research, January 28, 2008
"
When the figures of the dead in Iraq, Afghanistan and Gaza, reach six million, as the world stands by, will they too get their own Holocaust Memorial Day?
..Hell to the yeah ..!

and, they're also going to get their own little country ...( fair is fair )
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229218 May 15, 2014
<quoted text> DUH! Did you have senior moment? What you think , ZhiGuli and I were talking about all this time, no wonder most of you lowly peebrain Authoritarians ignorant and mentallychallenged and can't even connect the dot in a debate! DUH moment for you!
..HEY..!!...In my defense , I was pretty drunk ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229220 May 15, 2014
UidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>
Two different types of Americans those 95% of Americans who want to live in harmony at home and with the world are often demonised by you our crooked lowly ignorant Authoritarian Americans ,begone yee minions of Satan to hell hole where you came from ! BWhahahahahaa Did you know you have 666 on your forhead!

You need to open up a newspaper , President Obama wanted to work with others for peace and prosperity ..

Arabs started killing they're own people ..

Russia starts it land grabbing ..

China goes all belligerent , and has the gall to claim others waters ..

You're just naive ...again..You're only posting this , because you're just an insignificant little man , who feels better about himself , believing he has the courage to talk truth to power ..Meh..

( and , you're wrong ...I only have two sixes on my forehead ; don't you look stupid now ?)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229221 May 15, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right, boy.
Topix seems to be mostly for low people, no matter what the subject.
But it is most obvious on the Atheist forums.
Which is why I said that atheists posting here are giving atheism a bad name.
..well..If we're gonna be honest ....Christians have also been kinda showing their asses ...too.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229222 May 15, 2014
Out of the darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
"The economic and financing issues surr
ounding the Desert Storm Operation are
unique in this survey in several ways. First, it was the only military operation
considered that did not require any increase in military expenditures as a percentage
of GDP. In fact, it took place during the
long reduction in military spending as a
percentage of GDP that accompanied the end of the Cold War. In this broad sense,
there is no reason to consider the economic
effects of financing the buildup. In fact,
an economic contraction occurred during Desert Storm, unlike the typical wartime
economic boom. The 1990-1991 recession is not
typically attributed to the war,
except for its possible negative effects on confidence. Instead, it is typically
attributed to contractiona
ry monetary policy (undertak
en through 1989 to quell the
rising inflation rate), problems in the ba
nking sector, and the spike in oil prices
associated with the Iraqi invasion of Kuwa
it. Timing supports this argument: the
monetary tightening took place in 1988 and 1989, the recession began in July 1990,
the oil price spike began in August
1990, and military operations
began in January 1991. After the conflict e
nded, the economy began to expand again (in March 1991)
— it did not experience post-war contraction.
Unlike previous military conflicts, in which the Federal Reserve had tolerated
excessive money creation, durin
g Desert Storm the Federal
Reserve sought to stamp
out inflationary pressures that originated before the conflict, even at the risk of
recession. After the conflic
t ended, the economy began to expand again. The budget
deficit rose during the conflict, but it would be difficult to claim that military
spending contributed to the rise in the deficit when overall military spending was
declining during this time. Instead, the ri
sing budget deficit was characterized by
falling tax revenues and risi
ng non-military outlays, both of
which can be largely
accounted for by automatic changes in re
venues and outlays caused by the economic
slowdown.
To reduce the widening deficit, the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
of 1990 cut spending and increased taxes.
It was estimated that over the following
five years, 57% of the de
ficit reduction would come fr
om spending cuts and 29%
from tax increases (14% would come from lower interest payments). Changes to
excise taxes, payroll taxes, and individua
l income taxes accounted for the bulk of the
tax increases. The revenue raising provisions of the act were estimated to raise tax
revenues by 0.3% of GDP in 1991. Most of
the spending reductions were to come
from reductions in military outlays and Medicare spending.
Another unique aspect of the financin
g of the Gulf War was the financial
contributions that the Unite
d States received from its allies. In effect, foreign
governments financed a large part of
the war effort for the United States —
contributions from foreign governments
equaled $48 billion, wh
ile the overall cost
of the war was $61 billion in current dollars.
In the balance of payments, these
contributions represented a unilateral transfer to the United States, which is recorded
as a reduction in the current account deficit.
The exchange value of the dollar was
unlikely to have been significantly aff
ected, however, since a substantial portion of
the contributions came from Saudi Arab
ia and Kuwait, both of whom had a
de facto
fixed exchange rate with the dollar.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL31176.pdf
Plus other manipulations of the books.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/04/opinion/pad...
It all made Clinton look good when he inherited the fruits of it.
Bush did it.
..wow...Much obliged , "out of darkness" after reading your post , I feel I could skip school today ..!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229223 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>Ps , look poster no 4, not all Americans leaders are Honest ... two types leaders one who care about humanity and other have no empathy for Americans and world masses! You lowly authoritarians often support kowtow to these obnoxious warlike empathyless Psychopathic leaders as you are his Satanic minions, he use you and when you mot of you lowly Authoritarian minions no longer useful , the corrupted leader in power will dump you ! Did you know you have 666 on your head! Bhahahaaaaa
Are you getting sensitive and piss off yet religious nutty grunters?
Hey poster No 4 what happen to poster no .007? bahhahaaaaaaa
...Politicians ' can not ' be forthright ...not , if they want to remain in office ...

My point is ( and I wish to apologize in advance if I insult any of our European Allies ..except..for you Liechtenstein's , you guys can eat the peanuts out of my shit ...I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU ..!)

Only Americans and Israelis seem to have the honesty to regularly criticize our Administrations ...well, I would also like to include the Brits ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229224 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>Ps , look poster no 4, not all Americans leaders are Honest ...
Hey poster No 4 what happen to poster no .007? bahhahaaaaaaa
...ah , double oh seven , you haven't heard ...He was captured by the North Koreans doing that nazi/neocon/zionist/USgestapo war profiteering thingy ....you know , for Queen and Country ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#229225 May 15, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>You'd know.
...okay , for the last time "scaritual" ......I WAS DRUNK...!!!....How was I supposed to ' know ' that chick, was really a dude ...?!

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#229226 May 15, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, I've read Foxe's Book of Martyrs.
They weren't the only ones, tho.
http://www.medievality.com/burning-at-the-sta...
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/133...
http://www.lordsandladies.org/burned-at-the-s...
That's true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Subduction Zone 57,827
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 25 min Joe Momma 27,233
god belief down to 28% in UK 31 min Eagle 12 123
carbon 14 dating very inaccurate (Jun '12) 37 min Eagle 12 72
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 2 hr greymouser 125
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Eagle 12 5,953
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 6 hr PayupSucka 48
More from around the web