Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256548 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Zhiguli

Belgrade, Serbia

#229130 May 14, 2014
Looks like there ain't no big difference between atheists and satanists as someone said.
Out of the darkness

Westcliffe, CO

#229131 May 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know right off the bat, that Faraday didn't consult The Dave Nelson before making any of his discoveries.
WTF was Faraday thinking?
Something tells me you would get very nervous and paranoid if your woman was exposed to the influence of "The Dave Nelson". Your insecurities and shortcomings would overwhelm you. You would resist likely enhancements to your living experience out of that fear. Relax, I am sure "The Dave Nelson" would return her to you, and in better shape.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229132 May 14, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
if Bush and Obama are Christian, why are they members of secret societies which practice pure satanism? Why do they impose NWO and tyranny on the people?
See, you failed again.
And Darwin is a madman. Only a fool can say that his ancestor was a plankton, from plankton he evolved to fish, from fish to frog, from frog to dinosaur, from dinosaur to monkey, the monkey grabbed a stick, stood straight and started to think, speak and have feelings. Seems to me you agree with him, I'll stick to that we all were made according to God's image :)
..Please refrain from calling my fearless leaders Satanists ....

..(EIGHT)...THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR ..
...Commands.. truthfulness , respect for the good name of others ; the observance of secrecy when required .
...Forbids...lying, injury to good name of others, slander , tale bearing , rash judgement , contemptuous speech ; and the violation of secrecy .

Darwin * was * a theists ....and , I believe him ...to believe the literal creation story , is to believe incest was ordained by the Creator .....ewww..

Las Vegas, NV

#229133 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Figure that out by yourself did you?
It was sarcasm to begin with, meaning the reason we went to Iraq was because of what the Iraqi did to Kuwait. Not that an evil president decided to kill Iraqi's. Or that we invaded Kuwait like Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, that was WTH Iraqis did.
...Silly Billy , No one gives a crap about Kuwait ...

Saddam moved his armor towards the Saudi oil fields ...America thought " Yep , time to liberate Kuwait ..! "

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#229134 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:

Figure that out by yourself did you?
It was sarcasm to begin with, meaning the reason we went to Iraq was because of what the Iraqi did to Kuwait. Not that an evil president decided to kill Iraqi's. Or that we invaded Kuwait like Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, that was WTH Iraqis did.
That isn't what you said, you said:

"Aura Mytha wrote:
Yeah we invaded Kuwait and robbed them blind like Ali Babba and the 40 thieves."

"We", in your case, is Americans…

Las Vegas, NV

#229135 May 14, 2014
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>\\Don't like him try below! A real Democracy is mostly a facade in the making , a propaganda tool used by those govt leaders in power to keep Populace happy , often fooling the masses to think it a real Democracy but actually its really Quasi-democracy , offering to civilians , that come with some rights taken away, not really a Full Democracy
William Shirer, Michael Parenti, Sword and Dollar, p106 About US supporting Dictactors that are US puppets...
dictactor Saddam a US puppet at helm of Iraq is not a Democracy, US provided Aid and ArmsWeapons, when no longer listened to US instructions he got canned
keyword(s) Shirer fascist dictatorships rightwing governments
For "the last fifty years we've been supporting right wing governments, and that is a puzzlement to me... I don't understand what there is in the American character ... that almost automatically, even when we have a liberal President, we support fascist dictatorships or are tolerant towards them.
....ENOUGH OF THIS CHARADE...!!

America ' is ' the bees knees ...you constantly try to besmirch Her by taking ' direct ' quotes , from her generals , top states men and most ardent supporters ...Only , proving Americans are honest and capable of self criticism ...SOMETHING " YOU " ONLY FIND IN THE WEST ...!

There is real trouble in the World , an Islamic insurgency that has no qualms about murdering school children , drug cartels that do the same ..Warlords who operate with impunity ..China deciding it owns the ' entire ' South China Sea , Russia deciding it owns it neighbors , Mexicans , Central Americans and North Africans ...all expounding that it's too dangerous to travel at night ..

Of , course I don't blame the CIA ..trouble like this has always existed , the Thuggees of the subcontinent , Poncho Villa , the Saxons and Hannibal ..

You may be right, mayhaps the Pentagon ' is ' dictating foreign policy ...but , to be sure the most expensive military in the world , is the one that ' was ' second best ...

sorry , I tend to ramble ...as to this post ...there ' is ' no such thing as a Leftist political leader ...( sure they claim to be ....Kim jong il , Castro , Chavez )..but, in truth they are merely lining their pockets ...

Las Vegas, NV

#229136 May 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aura Mytha wrote:
Yeah we invaded Kuwait and robbed them blind like Ali Babba and the 40 thieves."
..."RiversideRedneck " ...be the bigger man , and allow this poor soul to backtrack ...

Las Vegas, NV

#229137 May 14, 2014
Zhiguli wrote:
Who deleted my comment? Who could've possibly find it offensive when it was nothing but the truth. Yes we are all ruled by the satanic illuminati bunch who control your lives and the world around you. Why does it bother someone?
..I don't subscribe to secret powers controlling the World ..

When a father really can't even control his own family ...

Las Vegas, NV

#229138 May 14, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody attempts to block Catcher's view of the Pacific Ocean, they'll have a lawsuit in their hands.
Like you say, can't have my view blocked.
A Rob Roy loses some of its allure without the view.
..phifft..

Just , bump up the ' bourbon ' in your concoction ...and , to hell with the view ...eh..?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#229139 May 14, 2014
Out of the darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me you would get very nervous and paranoid if your woman was exposed to the influence of "The Dave Nelson". Your insecurities and shortcomings would overwhelm you. You would resist likely enhancements to your living experience out of that fear. Relax, I am sure "The Dave Nelson" would return her to you, and in better shape.
You must really admire The Dave Nelson.

Ask him out for a date.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#229140 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."RiversideRedn eck" ...be the bigger man , and allow this poor soul to backtrack ...
I knew that he wouldn't backtrack on his own, so I had to throw his own post back at him.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229141 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Okay , fine ..God is the healer of all our pain and anguish , but sometimes He works through modern medical practices ...
now you're sounding more reasonable!:-)

although, if it were my thought i might tweak this a bit to say; God is the healer of all our/'BELIEVER'S' pain and anguish , but sometimes He works through modern medical practices 'when we don't ask and believe Him more perfectly'

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229142 May 14, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I don't worship Darwin. Yet much of his findings will survive forever.
If your god looks like you, your god is very limited.
<quoted text>
dude said - "Yet much of his findings will survive forever"

do you mind defining your use of the word "forever" in context here?

i personally believe and have much scriptual precedent to back it, that the wicked and their Godless theories will soon be forgotten once the Redeemed begin their eternal journey:-)

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#229143 May 14, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know right off the bat, that Faraday didn't consult The Dave Nelson before making any of his discoveries.
WTF was Faraday thinking?
He was a great analytical and scientific thinker who didn't let belief get in the way of experimentation.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#229144 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Silly Billy , No one gives a crap about Kuwait ...
Saddam moved his armor towards the Saudi oil fields ...America thought " Yep , time to liberate Kuwait ..! "
No one gives a crap about Kuwait you say.
This sounds just like you said it.

The Gulf War (2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991), codenamed Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991) was a war waged by coalition forces from 34 nations led by the United States against Iraq in response to Iraq's invasion and annexation of Kuwait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

Sure Saddam's threats to other things and places apply, including scud launches into Israel.
But the gist of the matter is much simpler.

"The initial conflict to expel Iraqi troops from Kuwait began with an aerial bombardment on 17 January 1991. This was followed by a ground assault on 24 February. This was a decisive victory for the Coalition forces, who liberated Kuwait and advanced into Iraqi territory."

Everyone tends to care about people being bullied by assholes, especially nations being bullied by them.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#229145 May 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aura Mytha wrote:
IF you can't read into sarcasm ? Then I believe you judgement is damaged beyond repair.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#229146 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."RiversideRedn eck" ...be the bigger man , and allow this poor soul to backtrack ...
You are an imbecile, I reiterate a retarded person with a big keyboard for a mouth.
You should be flogged and water boarded, maybe then you could remember your place in the pecking order.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#229148 May 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that he wouldn't backtrack on his own, so I had to throw his own post back at him.
You upchuck far to much in here , maybe you should go read your bible.
Since that's the only thing you believe to be true.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#229149 May 14, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
You upchuck far to much in here , maybe you should go read your bible.
Since that's the only thing you believe to be true.
"too".

The word you were looking for is "too".

Ya dumb atheist.

It's okay, it's a big word.

Take your time.
Zhiguli

Belgrade, Serbia

#229150 May 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I don't subscribe to secret powers controlling the World ..
When a father really can't even control his own family ...
They are wealthy, they have money for everything. Don't worry they can rule and control everything with ease

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min IB DaMann 43,170
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 22 min Eagle 12 21,122
Good arguments against Christianity 26 min Patrick 186
A Universe from Nothing? 34 min Richardfs 491
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 3,843
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Patrick 18,501
News Why I quit atheism 1 hr Eagle 12 701
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Thinking 5,688
More from around the web