Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255959 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#228694 May 8, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing of the UK.
Nuts since you brought it up, notice that Christianity is rising incredibly fast in China, India and all over Africa?
So the UK dwindles.
Aww....
I can only speak of the China part.

No, it's not.

It's a very large country, RR and it's quite secretive. You hear what the government wants you to hear.

Sound familiar?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#228695 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Post a picture of yourself. A real one.
Then get back to me.
I have posted many.

I look a little bit like my grandmother too. Something about those eyes.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#228696 May 8, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If it works for you, then try stuffing some in your ears. Rather one of them. Have to leave a path out of that head.
The green path?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#228697 May 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1.8% of priests that have been accused of it?
Ok.
Nice philosophy. It sucks to suck. And, you suck

One is too many. Thank you for apologizing for a Christianity flaw, nut! it is readily apparent.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228698 May 9, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a "community". The only community I have is the neighborhood in which I live. Christianity does more harm than good. Look what it did to you. Christian charities are the least efficient. On average, only 2% filters down to the recipients of the charity while the beast gets fed, tax free. In the mean time, Christianity sickens the mind, scoffs at reality, and siphons tax dollars from hard-working families that build the roads to the churches, supply the electrical infrastructure, provide the police and fire protection and the common defense, et al. Churches provide no tax support for the services they receive. They are a welfare case that sucks up the money and only distributes, on average 2%. They game the system by claiming that internal infrastructure expenses are helping the needy.
So you can't provide ONE example of an 'rational atheist' oxymoron organization in your community even organized to do good works, and yet you claim the moral high ground to judge the roots of the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, food banks, shelter and all the denominational variations in YOUR community?

You have no idea what you are talking about and you have no shame because you are a reprobate.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#228699 May 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't provide ONE example of an 'rational atheist' oxymoron organization in your community even organized to do good works, and yet you claim the moral high ground to judge the roots of the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, food banks, shelter and all the denominational variations in YOUR community?
You have no idea what you are talking about and you have no shame because you are a reprobate.
Oh...you're still here?

Carrion

Did you say something?
WesternNews

United States

#228700 May 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interjecting where poster No Shiiite left off!

How charitable our our US charitable organization? NOT!- Two faced, to say the least! As our militant US Neo-imperailist empire of ill-repute , causing more harm for many nations., as our US takes alot more from the world than gives back! The many perpetual illegitimate US wars had mass murdered many lives around the world, and we plundered/steal/rape many nations of it raw resources, divide and incite nations to war among themselves
You have a brain of War mongering barbarian, so what you have to peebrian, so ignorant xtain fundie grunters what y'all have to say?

Mwhhahhahaha! U Dimwits!
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#228701 May 9, 2014
That me above Western NewsGuy!:)-

United States

#228702 May 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...you're still here?
Carrion
Did you say something?
i smacked Poster Kimare for you already, he want able to debate and i called him out for you, and be pissy Pissy pisser , that for sure!

ABhaahahhaaaaa

United States

#228703 May 9, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>i smacked Poster Kimare for you already, he want able to debate and i called him out for you, and be pissy Pissy pisser , that for sure!
ABhaahahhaaaaa
shb !...he would not not be able....

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#228704 May 9, 2014
<quoted text>i smacked Poster Kimare for you already, he want able to debate and i called him out for you, and be pissy Pissy pisser , that for sure!
ABhaahahhaaaaa
What?

United States

#228705 May 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Telling him and A good Night to his madcap lit left lobe!:) babababaabaaa

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#228706 May 9, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Because Atheists go out of their way to be offensive ...yours , is a religion of hatred .
By that, you mean that atheists who want to be heard offend you.

The problem is not the atheists.

It's you.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#228707 May 9, 2014
<quoted text>Telling him and A good Night to his madcap lit left lobe!:) babababaabaaa
OTay.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#228708 May 9, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
By that, you mean that atheists who want to be heard offend you.
The problem is not the atheists.
It's you.
Nah , Man.....When I claim yours is an offensive religion ..

I mean , You only demand to put up your 'own' atheistic symbol on public land , ONLY during Advent .

This neologism of yours "christurd" "buybull" "babble" "sheeple" "jebus" "XTIANS" ..either..you guys can not spell , or you're willfully trying to be offensive ..

Las Vegas, NV

#228709 May 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also amazing that heterosexual people of God go around discussing us homosexuals so much. It's time Christians grow up, mind your own business and live your own lives.
..touche'..

Las Vegas, NV

#228710 May 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem stupid.
..well....YOU SEEM FAT ..

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#228711 May 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not correct. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are approximately 308,747,716 people in the United States.
http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableserv...
Also according to the US Census Bureau, there are exactly 1,621 people that identified themselves as atheists.
https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/...
Do the math, only 0.000005% of Americans identify themselves as atheists.
You left out all the other catagories that include agnostic and no religion.

Your own chart show 74,000 no religion, compared to 273,000 Christians. We are catching up much more quickly than you realize.

See what it means when you take something out of context? Very deceitful.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#228712 May 9, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Liberals want us to believe that America is a secular nation, but it isn’t. This is a Christian nation, and there [isn't] any denying that, Christians are persecuted every single day in this country, every time one of these atheists start flapping their gums. We can’t worship in peace without some liberal atheist voicing their opinions, telling us we’re wrong. That’s oppressive. And we aren’t going to let the Smithsonian celebrate that oppression with a museum exhibition. No way."
I agree.
Are we showing up in your churches? Are we in your homes without an invite? When you come to Topix and come to this thread, you are inviting an atheist into your home. If you don't want us there, shut down the connection.

Apparently its okey for you to screw around with atheists as long as they don't fight back.

Poor little persecuted majority.

Las Vegas, NV

#228713 May 9, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
really - just cuz billions of $$$ are being made, that means they're doing something right???
remember that in all of the ancient world only Noah and his family (8 people in all) were doing things right: "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the end" - Jesus
I just don't understand this feeling of entitlement , that allows us to besmirch Big Pharma .

If you're a Atheist you know the Universe to be a cold uncaring place .

If you're a Christian how can we complain about our medications , while others don't even have access to safe drinking water .

I don't subscribe to the notion , that incest was ' ever ' okay ..I suspect a horrible cataclysm occurred that caused the Mediterranean to swamp her banks ...probably destroying 80 to 90% of human civilization .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 17 min IB DaMann 215
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 min ChristineM 15,962
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min One way or another 40,430
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Thinking 4,656
News Why I quit atheism 2 hr Nooooo 391
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr Cujo 52
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Thinking 24,070
More from around the web