Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
219,221 - 219,240 of 224,197 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>You agree with Ben? I pity anyone so hate filled as him. Of course he gets a pass spewing his hate and bigotry here. What a waste.
Does that mean Redneck can make his jokes about women, gays, Asians, blacks and so forth, but "the other side" doesn't get a pass when we do it?

You'll notice I have no unkind words for anyone who is not unkind to me.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We're just waiting on the Rapture, like you.
Does Teh God take former homosexuals?
Well, technically, some of us are more anxious for the Rapture than others.........
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just throw 'em off a cliff, the jesus character did.
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That Bible story is baffling, Why did a Jewish farmer have a herd of pigs ?
Oh, she was talking about the livestock!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that many of the ancient drawings are on cliff faces and hard rock walls and not in caves. Those rock cliffs and walls have stood exposed to the elements for hundreds of thousands of years. They are most certainly hard to scratch.
Most cave "drawings" are not scratch into the surface either. They are painted figures using various paints and pigment methods.
Which goes back to my original question to Dave. How do you know it wasn't just bored kids finger painting?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that anyone who plans on pursuing a medical field profession would be well advised to abandon childish smartass approaches to learning new things. The successful ones in that field are naturally curious and imaginative about possibilities, and not flippantly dismissive when a new bit of info surfaces.
Just sayin'.
Hi. I'm River.

Have we met?

:-)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

ROCCO wrote:
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Just throw 'em off a cliff, the jesus character did.
<quoted text>
Oh, she was talking about the livestock!
Pigs are pretty good swimmers unless they are starving to death and don’t have the body fat to hold them up.

With all those pigs drowning it sounds like the herd was famished to begin with.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
Oh, speaking of Topix atheists and defective water heaters.
Batbrain disparaged my knowledge and understanding of basic electricity a few posts ago. Little Tammy and others also like to poo poo my observations. I don't get into the deep sophistry of the books they glean their "knowledge" and thus intelligence from. I've just worked with the stuff and see how it works together. There is a common pattern to the distribution of energy, whether it is water or other mass in motion or charge in electricity. They follow the same basic rules.
Those thermocouples in water heaters. They are dissimilar metals that produce electricity at certain temps. The standard configuration for gas appliances has one stuck in the pilot flame that produces a voltage to open a valve in the gas line to fire the burners. This shuts off the gas if the pilot light goes out after intitial ignition. Pushing the knob bypasses that circuitry, releasing engages it.
You are looking at usually around 30 millivolts of electricity doing that can be done with even less. That is 30/1000th of a volt. Working through metal. And not a lot of amperage, rather miniscule actually. But that can turn a very small energy into a 40,000 and way beyond BTU expenditure of energy. Little Tammy's cellphone uses around 4 volts to talk to the rest of the world.
Biological life works on even lower potential differences.
You have seen me stress environmental influences of EM on the human condition, primarily via EM induction. That induction is just charge working on charge via motion. Assuming motion is a "physical" process as we perceive it.
You function by leveraging forces. Gating larger forces. Do you really think your puny output is controlling the universe?
You are an effect of something larger. You have to think larger to grasp just what you are doing here, breaking the bonds of pure material action/reaction/consciousness. And being just an effect of a larger consciousness, and happy with the experience. Quit trying to second guess it. You aren't qualified.
We will be allowed to see more of the "reality" if we change our perspective of it. You have to look beyond the purely "material". And definitely beyond your imagined 'self". Look further than that book page you have your nose stuck in. Makes you myopic. And easy to be led by the nose.
I'm just playin, Dave.

You know I miss you when you're gone :)
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

RiversideRedneck
“Dont kill innocent people just”
Since: Jul 12
"because they're inconvenient"
should conclude with "except when necessary".
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hymen's are tough that way...
Possessive form noted.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
My grandson went to an audition for Ender's Game on a lark with my granddaughter, who is a few years younger, and wound up as an uncredited extra. My granddaughter is the aspiring star, and was crushed by that. But they didn't really have a slot for her age group in the movie.
Good movie, though you need to watch a few times to pick up some things.
My grandson has several appearances in it, but the best are as one of the launchies wearing the yellow jumpsuits in the beginning. When Ender enters the transport to go to battle school you will see him as the Asian looking young man slouched down at the far right in the front row. Next will be when Sgt Dapp enters the squad room for the first time. He will be the tall thin young man at the very back on the right. A fairly good closeup will occur in that scene when Dapp walks to the back. Another is late during Ender's pushups. His Asian appearance is much less pronounced without the haircut, and wearing the glasses Nelson genes require. His mother's side doesn't need them.
Actually he should have played Ender. That is no doting Grandpa saying that. Would have been no strain on him. Totally natural.:-)
But he has more important things to do in coming years. My granddaughter will be the star, but not in movies. Both on levels unrealized to date. Neither is your garden variety human product.
I did OK in this life.
:-)
I can't speak for everybody but I'm quite proud of you.

Your grandson is Asian? How cool is that?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Ravens are Crows
Yeah but the Baltimore Crows just doesn't have same appeal.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sayin !!

Talk to my gynecologist.

http://www.austinregionalclinic.com/doctors/t...
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pigs are pretty good swimmers unless they are starving to death and don’t have the body fat to hold them up.
With all those pigs drowning it sounds like the herd was famished to begin with.
Are you saying that when pigs are pushed off a cliff, they drown? If that's what you got out of that statement, it goes to show how different people can get entirely versions out of a written account, e.g., the bible.

Oh, I see, you just added some pounding surf, lol.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

er, "different" versions........
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Possessive form of hymens noted.

Siri doesn't punctuate when she should, and does when she shouldn't?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just playin, Dave.
You know I miss you when you're gone :)
I know you are, little one.

If you have one of those microprocessor controlled prosthetic limbs you should understand that electromagnetic interference could be an issue at inopportune times. So can a metal one.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but the Baltimore Crows just doesn't have same appeal.
"Crow-haired beauties" falls a tad short, too.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
His grandmother was. He is just part. My Cherokee added an extra 2% to my son's Asian make up.

It is very cool. It means my genes will continue on after the genocide of the evil white man begins as payback for their sins of the past, like Christianity. Those evil white man genes will be lurking, ready to take over the world again.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

ROCCO wrote:
Does that mean Redneck can make his jokes about women, gays, Asians, blacks and so forth, but "the other side" doesn't get a pass when we do it?
Yes. You didn't get the memo?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr Patrick 378
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr Igor Trip 21,397
Our world came from nothing? 12 hr Carchar king 221
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 16 hr Reason Personified 272
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Fri DonPanic 1,285
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••