Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
219,061 - 219,080 of 225,687 Comments Last updated 54 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't acknowledge same-sex marriages and i thinks it's disgusting that they can adopt!
I think it is disgusting that you rabid Fundies are allowed to breed.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>what fallen world??? get your head out your ass and read today's paper - THAT FALLEN WORLD! good grief....these proud pagans that think they're gods & in control...i tell ya......
Yeah. Because the newspaper always prints the good news.

While I agree it's a failing-not fallen-world, I see the bulk of the damage and inability to progress to be caused by religion. Not just yours, but practically all of them.

You, and the many people like you, will never learn to accept that yours are not the only beliefs and that your beliefs don't work for everybody.

Look what they've done to you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what fallen world??? get your head out your ass and read today's paper - THAT FALLEN WORLD! good grief....these proud pagans that think they're gods & in control...i tell ya......
The world keeps getting better. The major thing slowing progress is religion.

Fortunately, in much of the world religious wackos like you are not allowed to commit mass atrocities anymore.

You should move to central Africa, you would love it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Neo-atheism is a political tool using fools.
Yeah. Because so many of our politicians are atheist.

Sure, Dave.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>it's very odd that you think so cuz Jesus Himself said "be it on to you according to your faith"

is it possible that the problem lies with you/your faith and not with the Ruler of EVERYTHING???
No.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's very odd that you think so cuz Jesus Himself said "be it on to you according to your faith"
is it possible that the problem lies with you/your faith and not with the Ruler of EVERYTHING???
OK. You're screwed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That concept is much older than Judaism Ben.
Agreed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement implies that there were some with differences prior to 6000 years ago.
What about them?
We have no writings prior to 4000 BC. We don't know what pre-4000 BC people thought about anything.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>OK. You're screwed.
You left out "up."

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Because so many of our politicians are atheist.
Sure, Dave.
Interesting that these Fundies claim in one breath that the USA is a Christian country with 97% of the population and politicians being Christians then in the next breath claim the USA is over-run by atheists.

The contradiction is a result of either stupidity or deceit. I believe it is both.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out "up."
Agreed!

LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seen any here yet, but the returning robin has laid two of her normal 3-4 eggs in the nest on the back porch. The hummingbirds will be along shortly.
Do you get the Rufous hummingbirds passing through there?

Amazing how much aggressiveness and fearlessness can be packed in such a tiny package.

I lived in northern New Mexico and we would get swarms of different species passing through. Lots and lots of hummingbirds until their migrations got settled down.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no writings prior to 4000 BC. We don't know what pre-4000 BC people thought about anything.
They have petroglyphs and pictograms older than that that gave a pretty good idea.

If you took the time to carve into rock then what you carved meant something to you. It isn't what you call doodling. That is what sticks and sand was made for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_commu...
guesser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was weak.
Except in your mind. To you it was an absolute truth.
You need to break out of your emotional prison,
You and the others preach we are just freak accidents of the universe, but your ego and emotions won't let you practice it. You have too much anger to be a rational thinker.
Life may be endemic to the universe. It may form just as readily as a crystal. You simply follow your giant ego with you suppositions that humans are the only reason everything exists. In other words you are full of shiite!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
What fallen world?
There you go - living out a fantasy that doesn't exist in our reality.
<quoted text>
You are still not being clear. In fact, you seem to be masking something instead.
I looked at the paper - nope - nothing on a fallen world. Lots of things people are doing in this world, but a fallen one? Uh-uh - you are fantasizing - or under the influence of being brainwashed.
Which is it?
i am the arch nemesis of whatever you are!

now can we please just agree to disagree about everything and move on from these circular aguments?:-)
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are ravens smart?
Very smart
http://youtu.be/1P8Nwl7FAJk

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Because the newspaper always prints the good news.
While I agree it's a failing-not fallen-world, I see the bulk of the damage and inability to progress to be caused by religion. Not just yours, but practically all of them.
You, and the many people like you, will never learn to accept that yours are not the only beliefs and that your beliefs don't work for everybody.
Look what they've done to you.
batty said "I see the bulk of the damage and inability to progress to be caused by religion. Not just yours, but practically all of them"

i can agree to a point, but i would say that MOST of the damage IS caused by YOUR religion.

the only way to escape the snares of religion intirely, is to be redeemed by Jesus Christ!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The world keeps getting better. The major thing slowing progress is religion.
Fortunately, in much of the world religious wackos like you are not allowed to commit mass atrocities anymore.
You should move to central Africa, you would love it.
i categorically reject your corrupt world-religion and instead submit myself to the Theocratic System of Christ, Kingdom without end - AMEN!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
the most famous word of the unrepentent!:

"the fool has said in his heart - "NO GOD"" King David

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

BenAdam wrote:
We have no Roman "records" at all.
blacklagoon is going to be pissed at you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••