Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256042 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#228330 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what and how?
Be articulate.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.

Dave wrote:
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.

The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.

Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228331 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.
Dave wrote:
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.
The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.
Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.
YOU referred to them as monuments. I responded to their purpose, not your classification of them. Even then they can still serve a purpose and still be monuments. I have referred to them as machines or devices many times in the past.

Pretty weak, Aura. In fact, very weak. Monumentally so.

Let's deal with science, not semantics.

Is that all you got?

Alamosa, CO

#228332 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave wrote:
You could also supply the message link and/or proper quotation.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#228333 May 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
AMPLIFIED BIBLE !!!!!
Can you hear me now?
[smiling]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#228334 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You could also supply the message link and/or proper quotation.
Thanks for sharing with us IZ’s music. I remember hearing that song but I didn’t know IZ’s story. What a special treat it was to hear it again and learn of his story.

"Iz" Ka&#699;ano&#699;i Kamakawiwo&#699;ole

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#228335 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU referred to them as monuments. I responded to their purpose, not your classification of them. Even then they can still serve a purpose and still be monuments. I have referred to them as machines or devices many times in the past.
Pretty weak, Aura. In fact, very weak. Monumentally so.
Let's deal with science, not semantics.
Is that all you got?
Actually I had no part in this conversation.
Only to re-post it to you. As an example of the question at hand.

Alamosa, CO

#228336 May 4, 2014
http://www.viewzone.com/432hertz.html

Hokay. Another conspiracy a savvy Topix athiest will link to Christianity in some fashion. Hitler being a Christian, etc, you know?

440 hz became very popular for dial tone in digital telephone systems in the 70s and 80s. The solid state made it easier to generate. A nominal 400 hz was the standard for a long time in the older days. Usually by combining other frequencies if I remember right.

Any of you kids know what dial tone is? You don't have it on cellphones.:-)

Alamosa, CO

#228337 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I had no part in this conversation.
Only to re-post it to you. As an example of the question at hand.
Thinking that was relevant to the proposed discussion is something only your mind could do. We had a little discussion about your lumping things together a few days ago?

Beat me up with your scientific proofs, sport, not your imaginations.

Here is a start, prove that what I said about macrolectronics is physically impossible.

Since: Sep 10

Saint Louis, MO

#228338 May 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
I should be nicer to the bitches.
At the very least, you should refrain from hitting women.

Your violence is cowardly.

I suppose you think of yourself as a Coward For Jesus.

Alamosa, CO

#228339 May 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post says you are in mizzery, Catcher.

Get right with God.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228340 May 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Oh.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#228341 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking that was relevant to the proposed discussion is something only your mind could do. We had a little discussion about your lumping things together a few days ago?
Beat me up with your scientific proofs, sport, not your imaginations.
Here is a start, prove that what I said about macrolectronics is physically impossible.
uGH HUH pyramids are electronic devices, it's just that nobody has a clue where the on button is, or what it does when you press it.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#228342 May 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m thinking about the story in the bible in which a herd of swine ran down a cliff into the water and drowned.
Matthew 8:32
King James Version (KJV)
32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
Luke 8:33
Amplified Bible (AMP)
33 Then the demons came out of the man and entered into the swine, and the herd rushed down the steep cliff into the lake and were drowned.
OK.

That's not what I was thinking about..........

Alamosa, CO

#228343 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
uGH HUH pyramids are electronic devices, it's just that nobody has a clue where the on button is, or what it does when you press it.
You are an electronic device.

Please tell us where your off button is. Please!!

You aren't coming up with anything good, Aura.

Sweet pea, I'm going to have to ask you to research mining, chemistry, how technogies developed from such, principles of gravity and EM, antenna propagation, some rather basic math, understanding principles of when you have differing potentials of something trying to equalize within a volume, and a few dozen other things before you get carried away. Pay particular attention to semiconductor construction and technology, and the materials used. You may look into piezoelectricity, in particualr how a simple piezoelectric igniter works, or those neato flashing lights on your shoes work. Understand not a single one of those things were imported from the planet Aldaran. They all sort of came out of the ground here, so to speak, and were put to work.

You need to gain an understanding of something. Like physics and its applications.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#228344 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an electronic device.
Please tell us where your off button is. Please!!
You aren't coming up with anything good, Aura.
Sweet pea, I'm going to have to ask you to research mining, chemistry, how technogies developed from such, principles of gravity and EM, antenna propagation, some rather basic math, understanding principles of when you have differing potentials of something trying to equalize within a volume, and a few dozen other things before you get carried away. Pay particular attention to semiconductor construction and technology, and the materials used. You may look into piezoelectricity, in particualr how a simple piezoelectric igniter works, or those neato flashing lights on your shoes work. Understand not a single one of those things were imported from the planet Aldaran. They all sort of came out of the ground here, so to speak, and were put to work.
You need to gain an understanding of something. Like physics and its applications.
You think human beings are electronic devices? HA HA HA HAH!
Where do you put your batteries? HA HA HA HA!
Chunky Punky

United States

#228345 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Whatever turns you on.
Let us know when you come up with something of substance.
I remember what turns you on.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#228346 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post says you are in mizzery, Catcher.
Get right with God.
Good catch, Louie.

But no longer.

On the road again.

Alamosa, CO

#228347 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You think human beings are electronic devices? HA HA HA HAH!
Where do you put your batteries? HA HA HA HA!
You are born with rechargeable batteries.

How do batteries produce electricity?

How do nerves work?

I thought you were an evolutionist. If you aren't electrical in nature, what are you? How do you think?

Magic is not an acceptable answer.

I gave you a chance.

Fortunately on a lazy Sunday I won't have to paint you stupid. You will come out radiating it all over the place.

Alamosa, CO

#228348 May 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good catch, Louie.
But no longer.
On the road again.
Take a snapshot of heaven on your way. You may never get to land there. Visa issue.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#228349 May 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>At the very least, you should refrain from hitting women.

I bet he's one of those bullies who would cry and demonise women endlessly, if one dared to stand up to him.

Another quote:

"I know, I know. I defended myself. I'm such a b!tch!"

Most women take being called that as a compliment nowadays. It's like, cool, wanna see what kind of b!tch I am?

Girls revel in quizzes designed to find out what kind of b!tches they are, apparently there are 90 popular different kinds and a female can be a combination of several or just one.

This is what degenerates like ar ar and his alleged "god", have left behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 16,171
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr One way or another 40,680
Good arguments against Christianity 2 hr superwilly 100
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr _Susan_ 20,608
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr superwilly 3,766
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr Patrick 256
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 2 hr Patrick 23
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Eagle 12 24,080
More from around the web