Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228318 May 4, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>I love that cut, too, and learned to plat the ukulele just to perform it... had to lower the key to Bb, though.
That is a neat little instrument, even I could pick out a tune on it back in my days of trying to play music. Went through a few instruments like autoharp, banjo, dulcimer, and mandolin. Never could handle a guitar. Some skilled players I knew suggested I take up the swinette, as that was where my musical talent appeared best suited. However, on my first try the damned pig kicked me in the teeth and broke off the plucking one. My musical career ended.
8Theist

Windermere, FL

#228319 May 4, 2014
For scientists who have lived by their faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a nightmare.

They've scaled the mountains of ignorance, pulled themselves over the final rock, are are greeted by theologians who've resided there for centuries.

The holy books are mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can they be trusted to tell us where we're going?

“Take five minutes to name one example of fun that isn't considered sin.... If you did it, you've just been a sinner of sloth. Isn't Christianity fun?”~ Andrew Waterhouse

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#228320 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
...
We will be allowed to see more of the "reality" if we change our perspective of it. You have to look beyond the purely "material". And definitely beyond your imagined 'self".
...
Yes.
Science is ill equipped to see beyond the "material" and that points out it's limitations of discovery.
The logic and reason of the self is limiting in a likewise fashion.
Those who attempt to find what is beyond the selfish material world by stepping aside from that selfish material world, will find what they seek.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#228321 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a neat little instrument, even I could pick out a tune on it back in my days of trying to play music. Went through a few instruments like autoharp, banjo, dulcimer, and mandolin. Never could handle a guitar. Some skilled players I knew suggested I take up the swinette, as that was where my musical talent appeared best suited. However, on my first try the damned pig kicked me in the teeth and broke off the plucking one. My musical career ended.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#228322 May 4, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Lmao!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228323 May 4, 2014
8Theist wrote:
For scientists who have lived by their faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a nightmare.
They've scaled the mountains of ignorance, pulled themselves over the final rock, are are greeted by theologians who've resided there for centuries.
The holy books are mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can they be trusted to tell us where we're going?
“Take five minutes to name one example of fun that isn't considered sin.... If you did it, you've just been a sinner of sloth. Isn't Christianity fun?”~ Andrew Waterhouse
You mean that the universe had a beginning point?

Or that life was formed out of the earth?

Or that it was genderless in it's conception?

My wife and I still have a great time sexually. Even after 37 years. I think God delights in that.

You spelled your name wrong:

'Rational atheist' oxymoron.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#228325 May 4, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..of , course " it " hurt..
try , to be a gentleman ; with the bitches .
You're right.

I should be nicer to the bitches.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#228326 May 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave seems to think we don't know about EM, gravity, the various laws of physics. Like it's some kind of revelation to him and him alone.
Dave thinks very highly of himself.
I guess somebody has to.
To top it off , some of the gobbledygook Dave thinks is so wrong it's comical.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228327 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
To top it off , some of the gobbledygook Dave thinks is so wrong it's comical.
Like what and how?

Be articulate.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#228328 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Like what and how?

Be articulate.
Let's start with fart bubbles.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228329 May 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start with fart bubbles.
Go ahead. Whatever turns you on.

Let us know when you come up with something of substance.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#228330 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what and how?
Be articulate.
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.

Dave wrote:
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.

The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.

Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228331 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.
Dave wrote:
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.
The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.
Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.
YOU referred to them as monuments. I responded to their purpose, not your classification of them. Even then they can still serve a purpose and still be monuments. I have referred to them as machines or devices many times in the past.

Pretty weak, Aura. In fact, very weak. Monumentally so.

Let's deal with science, not semantics.

Is that all you got?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228332 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.
Dave wrote:
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.
The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.
Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.
You could also supply the message link and/or proper quotation.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#228333 May 4, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
AMPLIFIED BIBLE !!!!!
Can you hear me now?
[smiling]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#228334 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You could also supply the message link and/or proper quotation.
Thanks for sharing with us IZ’s music. I remember hearing that song but I didn’t know IZ’s story. What a special treat it was to hear it again and learn of his story.

"Iz" Ka&#699;ano&#699;i Kamakawiwo&#699;ole

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#228335 May 4, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU referred to them as monuments. I responded to their purpose, not your classification of them. Even then they can still serve a purpose and still be monuments. I have referred to them as machines or devices many times in the past.
Pretty weak, Aura. In fact, very weak. Monumentally so.
Let's deal with science, not semantics.
Is that all you got?
Actually I had no part in this conversation.
Only to re-post it to you. As an example of the question at hand.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228336 May 4, 2014
http://www.viewzone.com/432hertz.html

Hokay. Another conspiracy a savvy Topix athiest will link to Christianity in some fashion. Hitler being a Christian, etc, you know?

440 hz became very popular for dial tone in digital telephone systems in the 70s and 80s. The solid state made it easier to generate. A nominal 400 hz was the standard for a long time in the older days. Usually by combining other frequencies if I remember right.

Any of you kids know what dial tone is? You don't have it on cellphones.:-)

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#228337 May 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I had no part in this conversation.
Only to re-post it to you. As an example of the question at hand.
Thinking that was relevant to the proposed discussion is something only your mind could do. We had a little discussion about your lumping things together a few days ago?

Beat me up with your scientific proofs, sport, not your imaginations.

Here is a start, prove that what I said about macrolectronics is physically impossible.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Saint Louis, MO

#228338 May 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
I should be nicer to the bitches.
At the very least, you should refrain from hitting women.

Your violence is cowardly.

I suppose you think of yourself as a Coward For Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Dogen 81,862
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 11 hr Science 2,196
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 hr Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web