Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
218,701 - 218,720 of 226,387 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#227737 Apr 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..But...but...I'm rubber ..and , you're ..you're.........I HATE YOU..!
I wish you were never born "Rosa_Winkel" ..!
Cool! I'm not running for re-election.

As for my birth, blame the man you insulted for that.
:-)

The South Pole

#227738 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
With utmost respect to man's closest living relatives, you are one sad, pathetic little monkey.
Rocco! Little monkeys are so cute.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227739 Apr 29, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you my friend for your kind words. It goes to show you Atheist are far more tolerant than what people think. I mean you could have said something disparaging. But instead you showed us that Atheist have a moral disposition in dealing with their fellow man.
This is probably why Madalyn Murray O'Hair was murdered by her fellow co-worker, David Waters. A nice man who also had a moral disposition like yourself. He kindly removed $54,000 from the American Atheist Accounts for his own use.
Then he felt so badly about this fund dispersion by his hands. That he felt the need to show Madalyn, Jon her son, and her granddaughter a good time. So he did them a favor and murdered them. Then chopped them up into small pieces. Kind of strange how Atheist deal with their fellow man, strange indeed.
When did the switch the sacraments from wine to LSD ?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227740 Apr 29, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a chiwawa?
“Chiwawa” is slang for “Chihuahua.”

Or like

“Post two” is slang for “supposed to,”

“Fixin”-“about to”

“Waybackin”-“Back there”

“Furpice”-“a long ways off”

Not to be confused with

“Furpease”-“For peace”

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227741 Apr 29, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Chiwawa” is slang for “Chihuahua.”
Or like
“Post two” is slang for “supposed to,”
“Fixin”-“about to”
“Waybackin”-“Back there”
“Furpice”-“a long ways off”
Not to be confused with
“Furpease”-“For peace”
ROFLMAO

So you chose to look ignorant ?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#227742 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chihuahua (learn to spell) and the German Shepard are both far more intelligent than you are.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Shepherd

Shepard

Shepherd

(learn to spell)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227743 Apr 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for making the point once again that believers are less intelligence than non-believers, with you misspell of Chihuahua. It takes almost no intelligence at all to look up a word you are unfamiliar with. Lazy or stupid? Both maybe?
This kind of comparison research has been going on for decades with race versus intelligence.

Do you believe whites are more intelligent than blacks?

Your fellow white Caucasian Phd Scientist do based on their research.

Do you believe Americans are more intelligent than Vietnamese? You know the Vietnamese showed us in Vietnam they could kick our a** and they did on many occasions even though we had the technological advantage.

I don’t believe any of it Doctor because the research has so many variables. The researchers can literally generate any kind of result they want.

All this research about intelligence versus race or religion is just bull sh*t.

Doctor, you need to divorce yourself from all this bigotry. Humanity is humanity, people are people, and we are all cut from the same cloth, Whites, Blacks, Asians, Atheist, Muslims, Christians……………..
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227744 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
So you chose to look ignorant ?
I have made many mistakes in my life my friend. Some of which were so miniscule like a little insignificant misspelling in a topix post and others were humdingers.

But I never killed anyone, or hurt someone by one of my mistakes.

How about you?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227745 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several parrots, including an African grey, which I have owned since the day she hatched. That's 18 years ago.
She has at least a 150-word vocabulary, and puts together some sentences (on her own, not mimicry) that constantly surprise the heck out of us. She somewhat runs the house, including the other parrots and dogs as well. Sometimes she's too mischievous......
Several years ago, a friend stopped in to visit and brought her dog. After a brief visit in the living room, everyone headed to the kitchen, forgetting the animals for the moment. After a couple of minutes, there was the loudest screaming imaginable, the grey shrieking "(my name), help, please help!. Now! C'mon!" The dog had jumped on the sofa and was trying to get to her.
There's also a double yellow-headed Amazon female, 45 years old, does some great operatic bits in addition to a pretty well established vocabulary.
Both birds have excellent diction and distinctly clear speech.
You know there’s a lot of Atheist that claim animals can’t speak in human language.

I’ve had birds and know they are very entertaining friends.

The South Pole

#227746 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are. They''re even warm-blooded.
Waaaassssshole's league?
https://www.google.com/search...
No, because earthworms are very useful in the garden.

Wasssy reminds me more of this creature. Not only are they both bloodsucking parasites, but they both like to go into bedrooms where they are not welcome.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/1580...
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhca...
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatm...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227747 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
how i knew God is present :
1. when i was a small kid, i did not believe in God. when i was an older teen, i started to pray to solve some problems. i noticed that most of my prayers were answered. that was the start of my believe in God, but a little doubtful too.
2. but on June 30, 2011, i saw a real Miracle. that was the time that my belief in God became stronger. there is no more doubt about it.
if you don't believe in Miracles and God, well, that is your problem, not mine.
Whatever you do don’t tell these people about that miracle.

They will only ridicule & make mockery and try to use it against you.

I have witnessed miracles myself and have seen the vast majority of my prayers answered. And those prayers that weren’t answered were for a reason.

Keep your miracle from them.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227748 Apr 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>How barbaric, lets all smear f...ing blood all over us to cleanse us all from..........what? sin? WTF is sin? Oh, you mean like swearing or missing church on Sunday, shit like that right.
"Good men will do good things, evil men will to evil things, but to get a good man to do evil things.........That takes religion."
Doctor, "good" and "evil" are biblical terms and you don't believe in the Bible.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227749 Apr 29, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shepard
Shepherd
(learn to spell)
Yep, I made a typo.

Beats looking stupid on purpose.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227750 Apr 29, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made many mistakes in my life my friend. Some of which were so miniscule like a little insignificant misspelling in a topix post and others were humdingers.
But I never killed anyone, or hurt someone by one of my mistakes.
How about you?
I helped build military weapons for the USA.

II have blood on my hands as do most people.

I was just teasing about the Chihuahuas. It is a word few people can spell and even fewer can rad.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227751 Apr 29, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shepard
Shepherd
(learn to spell)
The grand wizard “BenAdam‘s” makes a freaking big deal out of a misspelled word. Then the irreverent jacka** misspells in his freaking reply.[laughing]

Thanks Dave,[laughing]

I guess he chose to be ignorant,[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227752 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just teasing about the Chihuahuas. It is a word few people can spell and even fewer can rad.
My friend,[tipping hat]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227753 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all human my man.[tipping hat]

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#227754 Apr 29, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all human my man.[tipping hat]
I just killed a man , and I did it on purpose!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#227755 Apr 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I just killed a man , and I did it on purpose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yMxY0Lxo_owXX
I kissed a girl and I liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#227756 Apr 29, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>Doctor, "good" and "evil" are biblical terms and you don't believe in the Bible.
Nope.

The two opposing forces, originated in ancient Persia and was a concept Zoroaster concocted over 5,000 years ago. Ahura Mazda (good or light) and Angra Mainyu (evil or dark).

Before that time, dark and light were thought to be one. As we all have both within us and the theory is to accept every aspect ourselves in order to achieve balance. A concept found in Taoism and Buddhism, both of which are older than Zoroastrianism.

Between the origins and medieval times, when christians recycled the concept, Ancient Greece and the rest of the world embraced the terms, which were given western meaning (language wise) by Socrates, Plato and a few other philosophers. Good and evil.

I can't really think of any aspect of christianity that is even remotely original other than the blatant encouragement of ignorance, yet even that can be found in others.

The bible is the op shop of religions and belief is not required to acquire knowledge of any kind, if anything, it is preventative.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 4 hr _Bad Company 1
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr Patrick 61
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 6 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 6 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 7 hr CunningLinguist 39
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr CunningLinguist 427
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••