Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256631 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227835 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it’s not everyday I get a compliment from a spastic neurotic poster.[tipping hat]
Which Scripture informs your vile behavior on Topix?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227836 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
like i always say to the spell-check nazis around here: i'd rather be a poor speller in heaven than win the spelling b in hell!;-)
You're not going to have an opportunity to be either, Bucky.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227837 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Doctor you are missing the point,
Your fellow PhD Researchers have made claims saying that some races are more intelligent than others.
So you’re picking and choosing?
You believe one research study but not the other?
Doctor you are being inconsistent. If your going to buy into one research study based on science then you should believe in all of them, right?
Once again, religiosity is a culturally-conditioned choice while what we call race is not. They can not be equivocated. That you fail to understand this is an indictment of the culturally-conditioned inculcation of which you are a victim.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227838 Apr 30, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
(Flips non-talking bird)
You hang out in parks and turn pigeons gay?
Yeah, I can see you doing that.
The sexually-sick Christian would have to climb to reach a gutter. You are unable to see, Trog. I think your tinfoil hat is coming loose.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227839 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, you don’t say?
You need to get busy scooter and notify the head librarian at the National Library of Congress. They have lots of books there.
On average, Americans correctly answer 16 of the 32 religious knowledge questions on the survey by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life. Atheists and agnostics average 20.9 correct answers. Jews and Mormons do about as well, averaging 20.5 and 20.3 correct answers, respectively. Protestants as a whole average 16 correct answers; Catholics as a whole, 14.7. Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons perform better than other groups on the survey even after controlling for differing levels of education.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227840 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it’s not everyday I get a compliment from a spastic neurotic poster.[tipping hat]
You're missing a comma between two adjectives. When are you going to refund the taxpayers of the school you attended for the fraud you committed?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227841 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE MEAN! whatever you got, i don't want nothing to do with!
Thats too bad, I have all the traits that define intelligence, reason, logic, and skepticism.

Of course you don't want "nothing" to do with it, that way you can continue to believe in mythical beings and magical events. Without your childish beliefs you'd actually have to face reality. Strip you of your delusional beliefs and you'd be left a quivering whimpering child so afraid of the dark and unknown.

You think I'm mean because I don't accept your silly delusions. You poor Godbot!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227842 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I understand. You are a 'rational atheist' oxymoron idiot.
The entire Jewish faith is based on those predictions.
You are the one claiming the Bible is all fiction. I'm simply asking how such an astonishing prophecy is fulfilled and present today.
First you ran and hid like Eve in the Garden, now you are playing dumb.
Either you can prove it is all fiction, it you don't know.
Man up honey.
Smirk.
No prophecies have been fulfilled, ever. Those making the predictions either know the outcome before hand, or it is such a generalization that it appears to be fulfilled. If I make a prophecy that there will be a very bad blizzard in Jan. 2015, and there is, has a prophecy been fulfilled?

It's fiction because everything in the bible is imagined, there is NO evidence that anything in the bible actually happened. Your example of Eve in the Garden is a prime example of something only imagined.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227843 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Dave have pith balls ?
No, Dave has NO balls!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227844 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Doctor you are missing the point,
Your fellow PhD Researchers have made claims saying that some races are more intelligent than others.
So you’re picking and choosing?
You believe one research study but not the other?
Doctor you are being inconsistent. If your going to buy into one research study based on science then you should believe in all of them, right?
What ARE you talking about? Nowhere in the research article I posted does it say ANYTHING about some races being more intelligent than others. No scientists worth his salt would ever say something so idiotic.

Read the article again (if you dare) It's very clear about intelligence levels between believers as compared to non-believers.

Why do you feel the need to lie and make shit up? I know how embarrassing this must be for you in having no defense for these findings, but being desperate and lying certainly doesn't help your cause any. Man up and accept the findings by people much smarter than you will ever be.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227845 Apr 30, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What ARE you talking about? Nowhere in the research article I posted does it say ANYTHING about some races being more intelligent than others. No scientists worth his salt would ever say something so idiotic.
Read the article again (if you dare) It's very clear about intelligence levels between believers as compared to non-believers.
Why do you feel the need to lie and make shit up? I know how embarrassing this must be for you in having no defense for these findings, but being desperate and lying certainly doesn't help your cause any. Man up and accept the findings by people much smarter than you will ever be.
Why would a. Christian lie? It's all they know. It's been explained to him, twice, that religiosity is culturally-conditioned and what we call race is not yet he continues to equivocate the two in some ham-handed attempt to discredit the studies. His efficacy is flaccid.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227846 Apr 30, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, Dave has NO balls!!
Rumor has it he stored a pair in his cheek for the winter. He had to give nuts professional courtesy.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227847 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, your opinion of me is truly a reflection of yourself.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227848 Apr 30, 2014
Is Redneck down at County renewing his sex offender card?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227849 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that with me. It gives me a gauge as to just how intelligent you are.{tipping hat]
Your posts can be summed up as nothing more than SWAIM. Slander Without Any Inherent Meaning. You and Kreepy Kimare must be charter members of the SWAIM cult. Of course, Christians on forums only have two games, SWAIM and PRATT, or Previously Refuted A Trillion Times.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227850 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
Is Redneck down at County renewing his sex offender card?
He's on Ptag making an arse of himself in a grey box.

I think he got sacked from spending all day on topix, talking to his phone in manner of lunatic.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#227851 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he got sacked from spending all day on topix, talking to his phone in manner of lunatic.
I wouldn't be surprised.

He has said things are going on in his life.

And he has been acting like a lunatic lately.

I suspect the Redneck may have been fired, or suspended, or his wife left him.

Or maybe his chicken died.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227852 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you don’t bash people here on topix?
You claim bashing people is pathetic?
So you are a self appointed judge that has given immunity to yourself for bashing others?
Thank you for giving us an example of a false balance.
[tipping hat]
Sure I bash people, but I don't need a religion to do it. You devoted an entire paragraph to my life story. Remember that? Not only was it SWAIM, but you were fractally wrong in every lie you wrote. When I mention using your religion as a cudgel, it has nothing to do with simple insults, Kim Jong. Tell me, exactly, what happens to non-believers in your particular version of Christianity when they die? You've already explained the fantasy you envision for yourself, but what happens to me?

If you give an honest answer, you will understand what I mean by using your religion as a cudgel. Violent retribution or even simple death could not be the bastion of a loving deity. Robert Green Ingersoll said it best:

The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227853 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227854 Apr 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't be surprised.

He has said things are going on in his life.

And he has been acting like a lunatic lately.

I suspect the Redneck may have been fired, or suspended, or his wife left him.

Or maybe his chicken died.
Lol.

I was reading along, nodding and thinking that'd be kinda sad then the last line cracked me up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Into The Night 43,389
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min Capernicks daughter 21,242
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr u196533dm 605
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr IB DaMann 3,849
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 18,692
News Why I quit atheism 2 hr Thinking 727
Atheism is a mental illness 3 hr Eagle 12 21
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr IB DaMann 790
More from around the web