Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227848 Apr 30, 2014
Is Redneck down at County renewing his sex offender card?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227849 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that with me. It gives me a gauge as to just how intelligent you are.{tipping hat]
Your posts can be summed up as nothing more than SWAIM. Slander Without Any Inherent Meaning. You and Kreepy Kimare must be charter members of the SWAIM cult. Of course, Christians on forums only have two games, SWAIM and PRATT, or Previously Refuted A Trillion Times.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#227850 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
Is Redneck down at County renewing his sex offender card?
He's on Ptag making an arse of himself in a grey box.

I think he got sacked from spending all day on topix, talking to his phone in manner of lunatic.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#227851 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he got sacked from spending all day on topix, talking to his phone in manner of lunatic.
I wouldn't be surprised.

He has said things are going on in his life.

And he has been acting like a lunatic lately.

I suspect the Redneck may have been fired, or suspended, or his wife left him.

Or maybe his chicken died.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227852 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you don’t bash people here on topix?
You claim bashing people is pathetic?
So you are a self appointed judge that has given immunity to yourself for bashing others?
Thank you for giving us an example of a false balance.
[tipping hat]
Sure I bash people, but I don't need a religion to do it. You devoted an entire paragraph to my life story. Remember that? Not only was it SWAIM, but you were fractally wrong in every lie you wrote. When I mention using your religion as a cudgel, it has nothing to do with simple insults, Kim Jong. Tell me, exactly, what happens to non-believers in your particular version of Christianity when they die? You've already explained the fantasy you envision for yourself, but what happens to me?

If you give an honest answer, you will understand what I mean by using your religion as a cudgel. Violent retribution or even simple death could not be the bastion of a loving deity. Robert Green Ingersoll said it best:

The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227853 Apr 30, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#227854 Apr 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't be surprised.

Lol.

I was reading along, nodding and thinking that'd be kinda sad then the last line cracked me up.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227855 Apr 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised.
Too much choking.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#227856 Apr 30, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, you are right. I experienced that mockery in "Prove there is God" thread. but later, they got bored and tired of my repeated Miracle claim. nobody is mocking me anymore though.
thanks for a nice advice :)
Yes they are, dumbass.

How many diamonds did baby Jesus bring you today?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227857 Apr 30, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are, dumbass.
How many diamonds did baby Jesus bring you today?
He/she saw a dry spot on the sidewalk during a rainy day, considers this a freakin miracle. Very VERY low standards. Doesn't believe anything in the bible yet claims God (which one) exists and does miracles for him/her. This is a prime example of how screwed up you become when you start believing in shit that isn't real. Pathetic, really pathetic!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#227858 Apr 30, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I have 8 vacuum cleaners.

Which I could use more often.

Funny that you and sympatico mentalities proclaiming such a worship of science should make fun of my investigation of THE force that has put you, and your thinking, together.

Magnets and strings are a rational methodology to see how it works. It is a force that arises from the construction of this universe and our existence. This is a force that arises and combines on the atomic scale, not a monolithic thingy that just exists. "Magnets" are results of that. EM induction on the atomic level is the real telling nature that created that force.

Simple minds such as yours, will just guffaw and say "Oh, that is just electricity, haven't you read the books? yuk yuk yuk!!" And think you "know" something.

And then call an electrician to change a fuse.

Play with electromagnets to get a better understanding. Look at the "physics" of how this happens, noy words you read in a book and don't understand what is occurring.

Your "knowledge" is like picking up rocks and dropping them in a bag. You think you have something. Your intelligence is on the same order and worth.

BTW, it was a devout Christian that put that force to work for you, not an atheist scientist.
He might've been a Christian scientist, but he was one that wasn't satisfied with the answers that religion was giving him.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#227859 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>the problem with YOUR religion is that it's duane & satan-centered & your doctrine changes so much that you can't even keep up let alone try to instruct others!

are you gonna be a jew today, gentile or just the usual blashphemer?;-)
Who's Duane?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227860 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, Professor Longhair, darkness is the absence of light.
Stare into a halogen floodlight, then go in a pitch dark cave. Now tell if your eyes are useful in either.

Sight depends on a contrast of pure light and pure darkness.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#227861 Apr 30, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He/she saw a dry spot on the sidewalk during a rainy day, considers this a freakin miracle. Very VERY low standards. Doesn't believe anything in the bible yet claims God (which one) exists and does miracles for him/her. This is a prime example of how screwed up you become when you start believing in shit that isn't real. Pathetic, really pathetic!!!
Andet claimed that god pointed him in the right direction for his psoriasis cream and THAT was a miracle. Guy's a freakin' loon.

The fact that he repeatedly posts his prayer to god thanking god for his diamonds and his checking account and his beauty pageant wins is so out there it defies description...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227862 Apr 30, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No prophecies have been fulfilled, ever. Those making the predictions either know the outcome before hand, or it is such a generalization that it appears to be fulfilled. If I make a prophecy that there will be a very bad blizzard in Jan. 2015, and there is, has a prophecy been fulfilled?
It's fiction because everything in the bible is imagined, there is NO evidence that anything in the bible actually happened. Your example of Eve in the Garden is a prime example of something only imagined.
Most of the prophecies in the OT that Christians claim are about Jesus are not even remotely about the Messiah let alone a zombie-god.

Here is the "Christian prophetic method" applied to real history:

"The kitten in Little Red Riding Hood proves that Ben Franklin was Emperor of Canada."

See how stupid it is ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227863 Apr 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised.
His kid was finally big enough to fight back.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227864 Apr 30, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Duane?
That is my real name.

Since: Apr 14

San German, Puerto Rico

#227865 Apr 30, 2014
To say that atheism requires faith just as religions do is akin to saying that absolute darkness is just another kind of light, or that absolute silence is just another kind of sound or that a bald person has a different kind of hair. This is patently absurd!
Do you think that I need faith in order not to believe unicorns ever existed? I think not.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227866 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stare into a halogen floodlight, then go in a pitch dark cave. Now tell if your eyes are useful in either.
Sight depends on a contrast of pure light and pure darkness.
Darkness is still the absence of light.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227867 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the claim every part if Christianity is a copy of other religions.
I took the fundamental identity of Christianity, grace, and asked where it is copied from.
Can you validate your claim, or were you wrong?
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Hindu Kripa, Ramanuja and, Madhva.
The parallels to Mithra, who also offered this grace nonsense, are alarming.
"I don't find it strange anymore that there is a four thousand year-old legend among the Zoroastrians; the legend of Mithra. He is supposed to have been born of a virgin on December 25th. Mithra was considered as the "lamb of god." He atoned for the sins of people by dying. Then he resurrected on the third day! There is strong reason to believe that Saint Paul fabricated the belief system of Christianity from the Zoroastrian mythology. In order to hide Paul's plagiarism ... the Christians burned the library of Alexandria in 390 A.D. Books in that library kept Mithra's original story of which the Pauline Doctrine is an almost exact carbon copy.(George Sarton - Introduction to the History of Science)
No honest Christian scholar can deny that Saint Paul forged the belief system of Christianity from the four thousand year old Persian legend of Mithra. In order to hide Paul's plagiarism, the Church burned the library of Alexandria in 389 since that library preserved Mithra's original legend of which the Pauline doctrine is a carbon copy.(Kersey Graves - Christianity Before Christ)
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-spiri...
Actually, grace is what makes your religion disgustingly immoral. That a omnipotent could only think of demi-human sacrifice via suicide by centurion is ridiculously laughable and disgustingly ridiculous.
Your CS Lewis apologetics are childish.
You "Loving Christian" oxymorons disgust me.
Barf.
Really?

You want to invalidate the Bible with that pile of baloney? I'll bet you know it is too.

http://www.jonsorensen.net/2013/04/17/explodi...

Once again, the poster punk exposes the moral status of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min Into The Night 93,275
News American Atheists terminates its president over... 6 hr Duke for Mayor 7
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... Tue Graftedin1 75
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Apr 2 blacklagoon 3 35