Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#227568 Apr 28, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Basic Logic.........either A exists of A doesn't exist, there is NO third choice. There is ONLY one methodology in determining if A exists, and that is the scientific method. Once again if you know of a second method I'll love to hear it."
Quantum mechanics.
Random fluctuations of nothing could have created the universe. Virtual particles that pop in and out of nowhere.
Don't argue with me, argue with your scientists and their method.
So you are still around, you decrepit, old, monster friggin' nitwot of the first order. When 'da frig will you die? We are all certainly waiting, you rotten Liar.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227569 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly have you contributed here except the same ridiculous line?
Jesus is dying on the cross, and Peter is down the hill comforting Mary Magdalene when he hears Jesus' faint voice, "Peter... Peter..."
"I must go and help my Savior," he said and went up the hill, only to be beaten and kicked back down by the Roman centurions guarding the cross. But soon he hears, "Peter... Peter," in even fainter tones but he cannot ignore the call. Peter limps up the hill, leans a ladder against the cross, and gets halfway up when the centurions knock over the ladder, beats him brutally, and tosses him back down the hill.
Again he hears, "Peter... Peter..." ever fainter, and again, he cannot refuse his Lord. In pain, he slowly staggers up the hill, drags himself up the ladder, and finally gets even with Christ's face. Just as the centurions are reaching for the ladder, Jesus says, "Peter... Peter... look, I can see your house from here."
I love to kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.

Or sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk.

You alternate between squealing like a stuck pig troll, or running like a punk sissy.

I'm in your head.

Smile.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227570 Apr 28, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Tacitus doesn't mention Jesus at all. He mentions Christians who he says are named after their leader 'Christus' who was crucified by Pilate.
That's like saying "the first president of United States" doesn't mention George Washington.

No one's listening to you...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227571 Apr 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Have you ever had a passport issued in your name?
We had pizza last night. Buy a good quality frozen pizza at the grocery store, like I DiGiorno. Just get the plain pepperoni and then add your own ingredients to it, it's absolutely delicious.

I added chopped onions, olives, cheddar cheese, Jack cheese and olives. The whole pizza probably cost about six bucks and it was really good. You should try it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227572 Apr 28, 2014
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still around, you decrepit, old, monster friggin' nitwot of the first order. When 'da frig will you die? We are all certainly waiting, you rotten Liar.
Topix banned you? What ever for?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#227573 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We had pizza last night. Buy a good quality frozen pizza at the grocery store, like I DiGiorno. Just get the plain pepperoni and then add your own ingredients to it, it's absolutely delicious.
I added chopped onions, olives, cheddar cheese, Jack cheese and olives. The whole pizza probably cost about six bucks and it was really good. You should try it.
Excellent. Nothing beats the high life.

But tell us, how many times did you hit your wife?

And how many lies did you tell?

Hey, it's easy to get a passport, although you don't need it to enter L.A. County.

You're not invited though.

Stay in the hot dusty desert.

And say hi to your racist buddy Don Sterling should he decide to slum over your way.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#227574 Apr 28, 2014
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
More love and tolerance on display,

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#227575 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Humans can look to the stars, study the stars, someday maybe even travel to the stars, hell some people even worship the stars.

Can the stars look at humans?
Of course they can, stars are made almost entirely out of eyes.

"It takes a man with real balls to hit a woman and sexually harass female parishioners." ar ar

Location hidden

#227576 Apr 28, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Your IQ? It's probably somewhere in that range.
I'll second that.

"Only real men sexually harass women on forums." - ar ar

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227577 Apr 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent. Nothing beats the high life.
Hey, it's easy to get a passport, although you don't need it to enter L.A. County.
And say hi to your racist buddy Don Sterling should he decide to slum over your way.
You didn't count how many times I had her? Dude, I sent you the video. I know you loved that part where she was on her hands and knees saying "Spank me, daddy, spank me. Oh yeah, I've been a bad girl".

I know you saw it, and I know that you wished you were the one doing the hitting....

Hey, you know what's ironic about Donald Sterling? He doesn't want his girlfriend hanging out with blacks, posting anything on Instagram with blacks or even bringing blacks to the basketball games. The funny thing is, his girlfriend is half black..... WTH?

Location hidden

#227578 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I believe the freethought website you plagiarized this from?

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/josephus.html
How do you know that's not his website?

"Atheists wrote everything on the Internet." - ar ar

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227579 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they can, stars are made almost entirely out of eyes.
"It takes a man with real balls to hit a woman and sexually harass female parishioners." ar ar
"Stars are made out of eyes" -DipStirgeon

Location hidden

#227581 Apr 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent. Nothing beats the high life.

I lost count of the lies. Appy polly logies.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227582 Apr 28, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that's not his website?
"Atheists wrote everything on the Internet." - ar ar
I think atheists invented the "GayAway" candy.

https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/gay...

Location hidden

#227584 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I think atheists invented the "GayAway" candy.

https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/gay...
It's more likely they exposed it but thinking really isn't your forte.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#227585 Apr 28, 2014
King James VI (6th), born 06/19/1566, authorized bible that has 66 books. God sent the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ came and fulfilled the law, and the prophets. Now we have the laws of God inside of us. If we have the law of God in us then we don't need them in a book. Going back and quoting the prophecies and going back to the law that Jesus fulfilled is the same as making Jesus worthless.
You'll be confused your whole life unless these two things sink in: 1.) The bible was never meant to be compiled. Its not Gods Word, He didn't have anything to do with the hype surrounding it. Its not the "basic instructions before leavng earth" 2.) Almost everything in the bible is true but everything but a few chapters at the end of Revelation has been fullfilled since 70 a.d. at the destruction of the temple. Which means the whole bible is Old Testament/Covenant.
We've proven the bible is the mark of the beast. Laying all that aside for a moment, even if it wasn't, the way it is being used would still damn you. The moment you believe its the word of God and that you are bound and obligated to it you are forced to trust in your own ability to obey what you read and not Christ. It brings you down into the flesh and kills you spiritually. Faith in Christ alone is what saves.
We honor the scriptures for what they are, it is those that call the bible something it isn't that dishonor them.
THE BIBLE IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#227586 Apr 28, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a theory. It is called a theory even by the scientists promoting the theory.
<smile>
What proof do you have of the origin of the speech gene? From what "lower" life form does it originate? Why does it not exist in any other life form aside from homo sapien on this planet?
The theory is still full of holes. You know that too.
There are no "holes" in this theory, it is known that the FoxP2 gene regulates other genes. This gene produces 116 genes associated with speech. These 116 look and act differently in humans as compared to Chimps.

The real answer lies in the Hyoid Bone, the only bone in the human body not connected to another bone. This bone sits in an upright position to work in unison with the larynx and tongue enabling speech. Chimps and other mammals also have this bone but unlike humans, sits a smidgen to low for speech. It only produces howls and screeching, the Hyoid bone enables articulation. This bone evolved about 300,000 years ago in mammals.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227587 Apr 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. For some reason I heard "5" - I probably mixed it with something else.
Thanks for the correction.
<quoted text>
Correct.
Unproven, but correct in the statement.
<quoted text>
The Bible is not all factual.
Rev 21: is nothing but a man's vision written down.
Do you believe Edgar Casey's visions? Nostradamus?
....but you will beleive "Paul", "John" and other unproven individuals.
Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not.
<quoted text>
Not absurd. I use logic, historical facts, and apply reason to my conclusions.
You've yet to prove a vision is a fact. Will you do this, or just skate on by and disregard my request?
Honesty Eagle - that is all I ever ask of others. I am to you, you should be to me.
<quoted text>
"Bad weather"? Is this a metaphor or an actual meteoroligist report of the storm that is currently moving across the Mid-West and killing people unsuspectingly?
Did you "God" do this?
Thank you for the reply,[tipping hat]

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227588 Apr 28, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS.
Before you get all anal on me:
I don't believe you or from which site you plagiarized.
Could you diagram that last sentence for me, please. You still can't get it right.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227589 Apr 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is like so many of our resident topix Atheist.
They’re like the deranged man at Geneserat in the New Testament.
Luke 8 26-39
Beyond the help of mankind and only God can set free.
Yep, all religion is to you is a cudgel to bash others. How pathetic must your life bea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min thetruth 18,689
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 34 min thertruth 9,327
News The Consequences of Atheism 40 min thertruth 1,317
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 17 hr Liam R will return 31
News Confessions of a black atheist 17 hr Peaks 399
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sat thetruth 2,059
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) Sat thetruth 165
More from around the web