Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227824 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I'm proud of you for this post. Its composition isn't bad, for once. Of course, as usual, you couldn't help but mess something up, could you. Mismatching a brace and a square bracket is definitely of Satan.
(Flips non-talking bird)
Thank you, it’s not everyday I get a compliment from a spastic neurotic poster.[tipping hat]

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#227825 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I'm proud of you for this post. Its composition isn't bad, for once. Of course, as usual, you couldn't help but mess something up, could you. Mismatching a brace and a square bracket is definitely of Satan.
(Flips non-talking bird)
(Flips non-talking bird)

You hang out in parks and turn pigeons gay?

Yeah, I can see you doing that.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227826 Apr 30, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not surprised that you don't understand where intelligence comes from. It has nothing to do with race or gender. It starts with a well rounded education. Educating one's self doesn't just end with school, it's a life long process. Understanding how the world around you operates, how science works, always trying to discover that which you don't know, thats education.
When you understand how things work you can eliminate preconceived notions. I understand how planets and stars are formed, I can now eliminate any notion that they were created by a fictitious being using magic.
Intelligence involved above all else, skepticism, never accepting anything until it can be proven. Reason and logic also play a big part in the intelligence level. When Christians, for example, simply accept all sorts of ideas, some of which defy all reason and logic, then they are removing skepticism, one of the prime traits in intelligence.
Your beliefs comfort you, and that is there only benefit. You believe things that defy all reason and logic no different from a child believing the tooth fairy, or Santa Claus, both make them feel good.
So no, race has nothing to do with intelligence levels, continuing education, logic, reason and extreme skepticism do.
But Doctor you are missing the point,

Your fellow PhD Researchers have made claims saying that some races are more intelligent than others.

So you’re picking and choosing?

You believe one research study but not the other?

Doctor you are being inconsistent. If your going to buy into one research study based on science then you should believe in all of them, right?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#227827 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>CS Lewis made that unique grace claim. You can't expect Christians to be fact checkers. That's a path to non-theism.
LOL! good luck with checking any 'facts' regarding a 13 billion+ year theory that's less than only 200 years old! kinda convenient for you head-in-sand gaytheist think-tankers, huh?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227828 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The grand wizard “BenAdam‘s” makes a freaking big deal out of a misspelled word. Then the irreverent jacka** misspells in his freaking reply.[laughing]
Thanks Dave,[laughing]
I guess he chose to be ignorant,[laughing]
"Shepard" is a very common misspelling of "shepherd".
I find it comical when someone corrects someone else's spelling with a misspelling, lol. But not quite as funny who comes along and agrees with the wrong version.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#227829 Apr 30, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I never read anything wassssuup writes. Ever.
yeah - darkness likes light about as much as an eye likes a sharp stick in it!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#227830 Apr 30, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shepard" is a very common misspelling of "shepherd".
I find it comical when someone corrects someone else's spelling with a misspelling, lol. But not quite as funny who comes along and agrees with the wrong version.
like i always say to the spell-check nazis around here: i'd rather be a poor speller in heaven than win the spelling b in hell!;-)
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227831 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this isn't my first rodeo friend, and i've learned that the MOST pathetic of all folks who visit here are the one's who can only insult cuz they can't debate:-)
While certainly not true of all Christians - or even the majority of them - some of them are so moronic that there is nothing to debate.

To acknowledge you for what you are isn't an insult. It is acknowledging an obvious truth.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227832 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah - darkness likes light about as much as an eye likes a sharp stick in it!
Without darkness you would see nothing but a blinding light.

Contrast is what makes the world work.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227833 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, you don’t say?
You need to get busy scooter and notify the head librarian at the National Library of Congress. They have lots of books there.
And people don't believe in them and if they do, they are idolaters and cultists.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227834 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Without darkness you would see nothing but a blinding light.
Contrast is what makes the world work.
Uh, Professor Longhair, darkness is the absence of light.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227835 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it’s not everyday I get a compliment from a spastic neurotic poster.[tipping hat]
Which Scripture informs your vile behavior on Topix?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227836 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
like i always say to the spell-check nazis around here: i'd rather be a poor speller in heaven than win the spelling b in hell!;-)
You're not going to have an opportunity to be either, Bucky.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227837 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Doctor you are missing the point,
Your fellow PhD Researchers have made claims saying that some races are more intelligent than others.
So you’re picking and choosing?
You believe one research study but not the other?
Doctor you are being inconsistent. If your going to buy into one research study based on science then you should believe in all of them, right?
Once again, religiosity is a culturally-conditioned choice while what we call race is not. They can not be equivocated. That you fail to understand this is an indictment of the culturally-conditioned inculcation of which you are a victim.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227838 Apr 30, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
(Flips non-talking bird)
You hang out in parks and turn pigeons gay?
Yeah, I can see you doing that.
The sexually-sick Christian would have to climb to reach a gutter. You are unable to see, Trog. I think your tinfoil hat is coming loose.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227839 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, you don’t say?
You need to get busy scooter and notify the head librarian at the National Library of Congress. They have lots of books there.
On average, Americans correctly answer 16 of the 32 religious knowledge questions on the survey by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life. Atheists and agnostics average 20.9 correct answers. Jews and Mormons do about as well, averaging 20.5 and 20.3 correct answers, respectively. Protestants as a whole average 16 correct answers; Catholics as a whole, 14.7. Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons perform better than other groups on the survey even after controlling for differing levels of education.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227840 Apr 30, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing a comma between two adjectives. When are you going to refund the taxpayers of the school you attended for the fraud you committed?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227841 Apr 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE MEAN! whatever you got, i don't want nothing to do with!
Thats too bad, I have all the traits that define intelligence, reason, logic, and skepticism.

Of course you don't want "nothing" to do with it, that way you can continue to believe in mythical beings and magical events. Without your childish beliefs you'd actually have to face reality. Strip you of your delusional beliefs and you'd be left a quivering whimpering child so afraid of the dark and unknown.

You think I'm mean because I don't accept your silly delusions. You poor Godbot!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227842 Apr 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I understand. You are a 'rational atheist' oxymoron idiot.
The entire Jewish faith is based on those predictions.
You are the one claiming the Bible is all fiction. I'm simply asking how such an astonishing prophecy is fulfilled and present today.
First you ran and hid like Eve in the Garden, now you are playing dumb.
Either you can prove it is all fiction, it you don't know.
Man up honey.
Smirk.
No prophecies have been fulfilled, ever. Those making the predictions either know the outcome before hand, or it is such a generalization that it appears to be fulfilled. If I make a prophecy that there will be a very bad blizzard in Jan. 2015, and there is, has a prophecy been fulfilled?

It's fiction because everything in the bible is imagined, there is NO evidence that anything in the bible actually happened. Your example of Eve in the Garden is a prime example of something only imagined.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227843 Apr 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Dave have pith balls ?
No, Dave has NO balls!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Into The Night 87,267
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Sat superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web