Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#227714 Apr 29, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy Paste.
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php...
So intelligent yet cannot cite the source?
Hypocrite, quit copy/pasting will you.

Location hidden

#227715 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. You refer to it when you mention the Alien. You were hiding for a week after I challenged you on it.
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?
What place does a liar like you have in judging others? You have no credibility. You are simply an idiot with a foul mouth.
A typical 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Get some new material to *spam* us with.
http://imgur.com/m9oroOH

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#227716 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several parrots, including an African grey, which I have owned since the day she hatched. That's 18 years ago.
She has at least a 150-word vocabulary, and puts together some sentences (on her own, not mimicry) that constantly surprise the heck out of us. She somewhat runs the house, including the other parrots and dogs as well. Sometimes she's too mischievous......
Several years ago, a friend stopped in to visit and brought her dog. After a brief visit in the living room, everyone headed to the kitchen, forgetting the animals for the moment. After a
couple of minutes, there was the loudest screaming imaginable, the grey shrieking "(my name), help, please help!. Now! C'mon!" The dog had jumped on the sofa and was trying to get to her.
There's also a double yellow-headed Amazon female, 45 years old, does some great operatic bits in addition to a pretty well established vocabulary.

Both birds have excellent diction and distinctly clear speech.
Seriously, I had a golden retriever who would try to speak to me. It's. Amazing when stuff like that happens.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#227717 Apr 29, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Get Adblock Plus.
Experiments are over.
Can you hover now?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227718 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just showing your age and stupidity.
..I always answer ...In 'french'...Voila'...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#227719 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. You refer to it when you mention the Alien. You were hiding for a week after I challenged you on it.
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?
What place does a liar like you have in judging others? You have no credibility. You are simply an idiot with a foul mouth.
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some new material to *spam* us with.
http://imgur.com/m9oroOH
Really??? You are siding with a foul mouth chickenshiite???

You excuse her last series of posts???

Moreover, you call me to task for calling her on challenging me and then running from it when cornered? Then lying about it?

Do you even begin to see how your denial has twisted your brain into mush???

Amazingly stupid.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#227720 Apr 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a murderer. the Bible is written by man. anyone can write anything in that book. and the Bible is not written or the word of God.
God is can do better than that. God helps, God heals, and God gives guidance.
God made Hell.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#227721 Apr 29, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be under a steady delusion that there is something respectable about your belief system
There is NOT.
christianity is a failed moral system
you particular belief set is merely what ever favors you.
your personal morals are despicable, worthy only of derision.
..actually ...It's the best on Earth .

Jesus said " do not judge ".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#227722 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>what's the alternative - that i should believe you know more than the holy patriarchs, prophets and apostles of old who were personally visited by God???

like i said - i ain't buy'n the BS you're trying to sell:-)
And nobody's buying the BS you're trying to sell.

At least andet exhibits some level of reason.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#227723 Apr 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>yep - just what the world needs, 1 more religion coming from you!
What if there are as many religions in the world as there are people?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#227724 Apr 29, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>With utmost respect to man's closest living relatives, you are one sad, pathetic little monkey.
Monkeys have more human qualities than waaaasshole.

Location hidden

#227725 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
Why do you need to lie?

Really??? You are siding with a foul mouth chickenshiite???

You excuse her last series of posts???

Moreover, you call me to task for calling her on challenging me and then running from it when cornered? Then lying about it?

Do you even begin to see how your denial has twisted your brain into mush???

Amazingly stupid.
Nah, I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying, because I don't really care.

My response was to you being stuck on repeat, reset your programming or something.

At least with this post you didn't refer to an Atheist as an oxymoron so, congrats.

Grins.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227726 Apr 29, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Gave himself to us? REALLY, or are you just being stupid? According to Christian doctrine Jesus/God/ the holy spirit make up the holy trinity. The three being one yet somehow separate.(Yeah I know, complete and utter bullshit) But thats what they say. Sooooooo..........God became Jesus thereby sacrificing himself, to himself, knowing full well that he could never really die. God is all knowing, all powerful, or so you dumbasses say, so he KNEW in advance that he could never die, WTF kind of sacrifice is that? Christians would have you believe "God so loved us he sacrifices his only son for our sins." What a crock. He died momentarily, got up after a few days and continued to be a God, thats no sacrifice. Besides it's incredibly IMMORAL to let someone absolve another for their wrong doings.
I know a real sacrifice, I had a friend who sacrificed his life so that myself and other could live. He REALLY died, he didn't rise from the dead and continue his existence, his was a REAL sacrifice. You darken the meaning of sacrifice with this Jesus bullshit, anyone that does so should be told how shameful it is. Shame on you for accepting this immoral crap.
The Trinity was the greatest dogma the Church ever created. If you can accept the Trinity without question, you will accept any bullshit the Church tells.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227727 Apr 29, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you hover now?
He can't even Hoover. He ripped the wires out the vacuum cleaner. "Electricity is a fraud." - Dave

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227728 Apr 29, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So does the scum growing in a toilet bowl.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227729 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just showing your age and stupidity.
Oh, so you're taking back your claim that Aliens made predictions in the bible? Make up you mind assclown, did they or didn't they?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227730 Apr 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..actually ...It's the best on Earth .
Jesus said " do not judge ".
Jesus didn't SAY anything he's a myth, just like your god thingy!!!
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227731 Apr 29, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, I had a golden retriever who would try to speak to me. It's. Amazing when stuff like that happens.
I have no choice but to agree.

:)

ROCCO

Indio, CA

#227732 Apr 29, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are. They''re even warm-blooded.

Waaaassssshole's league?

https://www.google.com/search...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#227734 Apr 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chihuahua (learn to spell) and the German Shepard are both far more intelligent than you are.
Thank you my friend for your kind words. It goes to show you Atheist are far more tolerant than what people think. I mean you could have said something disparaging. But instead you showed us that Atheist have a moral disposition in dealing with their fellow man.

This is probably why Madalyn Murray O'Hair was murdered by her fellow co-worker, David Waters. A nice man who also had a moral disposition like yourself. He kindly removed $54,000 from the American Atheist Accounts for his own use.

Then he felt so badly about this fund dispersion by his hands. That he felt the need to show Madalyn, Jon her son, and her granddaughter a good time. So he did them a favor and murdered them. Then chopped them up into small pieces. Kind of strange how Atheist deal with their fellow man, strange indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 59 min John 32,048
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr John 155
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Science 74,937
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 8 hr Subduction Zone 6,092
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 16 hr Dogen 4,059
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat John 4,952
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Jun 21 Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web