Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227345 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.
What animal on this planet is not sentient?
If stars and humans are made of the same goodies, why aren't stars sentient?
RFLMAO

A new daffynition from RiversideRetard.

"All living things are sentient." - RR

In RR's defense, he is as intelligent as a house plant.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#227346 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor I know you have spent no time understanding what the bible says about heaven. Because you don’t believe in heaven. But for the sake of understanding your enemy let’s talk about heaven.
Heaven will not be spherical like the earth but symmetrical. It has 12 levels and each level has the land mass equivalent to the United States. The space between each level is one hundred miles. Here on earth the atmosphere is where life can live is about two miles.
In heaven there will be streets and the streets will be transparent. Meaning you can look down to the next level 100 miles away. There are 12 gates meaning we will have the ability to come and go. In addition there will be tree’s and water. Heaven will not be like a nursing home.
I believe there’re new worlds awaiting us after we get through celebrating in heaven. The bible says we as in God’s children, will reign as Kings and Priest. This all equates to having lots of fun my Good Doctor. I would that you could be there because I bet you like to party. And party is what we that are planning to go to heaven will do.
I hesitate to say you are full of shit, but........you're full of shit. There is NO possible way you could know anything you just stated was true, none whatsoever. You can, I suppose, make shit up and post it as factual, of course I can do the same. Like.....Heaven is only full of pink fluffy clouds, upon arrival you are given three items, wings, a harp, and an assigned cloud. There you will spend eternity learned a new song each day and playing it on your harp. I've been told that are 12 billion years of this, you can upgrade to a trumpet, like the ones the angels used to blow down the walls of Jerico.

I Hell, however, you can choose your instrument upon arrival and can play whatever you want. This is where most Jazz musicians end up, you know drugs and all, so I'll be in really cool company. Endless hours of jamming, may now I can learn those tricky changes to Giant Steps.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

#227347 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
Imagine my joy when driving through New Jersey this past weekend I saw a FOR SALE sign in front of a Church. No soon had I stopped laughing my ass off then in the next town I saw yet another Church with a FOR SALE sign out front. It does seem as though people just may be getting smarter. One can only hope!!
I've seen ex-churches turned into houses, restaurants, art galleries, etc. Usually only the little ones way out in the country.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227348 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He must have picked up some dreadful infection.[laughing]
People are just hell bent on destroying themselves.
I know. Strange, isn't it?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227349 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Goandfuckyourselfyoupa theticloser!!!
Doctor,

When I was still working with chemicals there was this one chemical that caused severe lacrimation. The product was lethal and painful to work with if there were any kind of leaks.

A small leak such as a drip every 3 minutes would cause a agonizing irritation. I remember one time I was fighting to stop a leak and in my frustration I took off my gas mask and slammed it hard onto the concrete.

The mask was damaged beyond repair and my foolish antics caused me to be in a much more precarious position. I said that to say this. Anger can work against ones cause.

Acting irrational with outrageous burst only makes one
lose sight of their intended goal.[tipping hat]

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227350 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO "tool" to find what dwells in the spirit world. What kind of tool would one use to discover that which is non-existent? Do we need a "tool" to discover if Perter Pan's NeverNever Land exists?
I insist that Land and the substance "Pixie Dust" do not exist, and that to even begin to create a tool to discover them is insanity.
The only things that are real, are things that occupy the naturalistic realm, these are things that science can prove exist, anything else is only something imagined.
Basic Logic.........either A exists of A doesn't exist, there is NO third choice. There is ONLY one methodology in determining if A exists, and that is the scientific method. Once again if you know of a second method I'll love to hear it.
Did I have a dream last night? If I did it is only real to me and not to anyone else. I can tell you about my dream and because you also have had dreams, and know of many other who have had dreams, you may accept my dream as being real. Science can monitor of brain wave activity and tell if we are dreaming or not, so in a way, yes, science can be use to prove dreams exist. The content of those dreams belong ONLY to you, and you could never prove to anyone else that content. "We dream alone just as we die alone"
I've told you in a number of posts what I would accept as evidence, you're just not comprehending. The scientific method is the ONLY methodology that can be used to determine if something is real or not, exists or not.
HA HA HA HA!!!!

"Perter Pan"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"NererNever Land"

Dude, if you can't even spell "Peter" or "never" correctly, you really don't get to sit here and say that you're intelligent, because you're really not.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227351 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:

Of course science can only investigate the naturalistic realm it's the ONLY ONE THAT EXITS.
How do you know, Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel?

I mean, you put it in all caps, so that tells me that you're really serious about this and you probably know what you're talking about. How do you know the "naturalistic realm" is the only realm? How do you know?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227352 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Agreed. You are barely educated. That is why you believe fairy stories are real.
Huh. You claim to be very highly educated, several college degrees, an archaeological and history expert, a master computer technician, you even claim to be a college professor and a high school teacher.

You have also claimed; "I believe in God and I believe in Jesus".

So, not that I believe you at all but, you say that you are very highly educated and you believe in "fairy stories".

And really? "Fairy stories"? I think a person that has the self-proclaimed education that you have would know that they are not called "fairy stories", they're called "fairytales".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227353 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
Anything that exists is part of the naturalistic realm, these are the ONLY things that can be proven by science.
Love exists in the naturalistic realm, does it not?

Use science to prove to me that love exists. Now don't go posting a link that shows picture of brain activity, I want you to prove to me that love exists, the feeling, the passion, etc. Show me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227354 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Sentience is the ability to feel, see, hear, smell, or taste and be responsive to, or conscious of, sense impressions.

What animal on this planet is not sentient?

If stars and humans are made of the same goodies, why aren't stars sentient?
BenAdam wrote:
RFLMAO
A new daffynition from RiversideRetard.
"All living things are sentient." - RR
I don't know why you're on the floor, because I never said that all living things are sentient. I didn't say that and I certainly didn't imply it.

Having trouble reading again, purfesir?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#227355 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA!!!!
"Perter Pan"
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
"NererNever Land"
Dude, if you can't even spell "Peter" or "never" correctly, you really don't get to sit here and say that you're intelligent, because you're really not.
You f*cking hypocrite.

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#227356 Apr 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its always been that way, and the moment its born, then bitch and complain about another mouth their tax dollars are having to feed. Along with the "deadbeat" mom and dad.
Smirkmouth has already call every one of them "sluts". I bet when he walks, his a** hole is so drawn up, you couldn't get a tooth pick up it? He thinks his sh*t doesn't stink at all, that he is perfection walking. Except for that little prance caused by his a** sucking on a lemon.
This is the man that says we have no right to judge. He is judging "slut slut slut,"
that is what he thinks women are today, sluts
. Out of his own mouth he is judging all women .
He's a well-known MCP. The reason so many women are "sluts", is because they're just giving men what they want.

Our hypocrite can talk, he's well-known for screwing other men's wives. That breaks his own Commandment.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#227357 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. You are barely educated. That is why you believe fairy stories are real.
You are no more than a child throwing a temper tantrum when someone tells them Santa isn't real.
“You are barely educated”

You were not on the radar screen but now you are being painted. What I’m about to say is not meant to anger you but it probably will. That statement,“You are barely educated,” holds more truth to your own life than anyone here on topix.

If one word could described your life that would be “underachievement.” You have managed to survive but that’s the extent of it. It had to be your way and your time.

As a result you have a meager existence. You realize now that you had much more capability and potential but you were not disciplined enough to shape it into something.

Are you less of a person than anyone here on topix? I’m not saying that at all. You could have went further in life but you chose not too. My friend be who you are in real life and try not to put yourself on a pedestal.

Leave the pedestal for the Olympic medalist.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#227358 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know, Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel?
I mean, you put it in all caps, so that tells me that you're really serious about this and you probably know what you're talking about. How do you know the "naturalistic realm" is the only realm? How do you know?
The same way I know that Peter Pan's NeverNever Land doesn't exists. The same way I know that "pixie dust" doesn't exist. And I know that the naturalistic realm is the only realm because at this point in time, science has failed to detect anything other than this reality. So "For this moment in time" I KNOW that this is the only realm.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#227359 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Love exists in the naturalistic realm, does it not?
Use science to prove to me that love exists. Now don't go posting a link that shows picture of brain activity, I want you to prove to me that love exists, the feeling, the passion, etc. Show me.
The person that jumps in front of a speeding car to save the life of someone they love, even though it may mean death for them is proof that love exists. The parent that would do ANYTHING to save their child is proof of love. Are you a parent? Would you not do anything within your power to save your child? If so, what is the motivating power that makes you act this way.

Like many thing, the evidence can be observed. The person that devotes their lives to healing the sick and saving lives does so because of his/her love of mankind. OBSERVATIONS, prove love. Can you NOT tell the difference between two people who hate each other and two that love each other? Are not the differences observable and obvious?

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#227360 Apr 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, look at that happening right now...
Oh wait, it's idiot 'rational atheist' oxymorons hypocritically judging the very ones expressing benevolence in their own neighborhoods right now!
Is it an ignorant, hateful bigot or a 'rational atheist' oxymoron? I can't tell the difference...
Snicker.
\

No, the ignorant, hateful bigot continues to be you.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227361 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no more than a child throwing a temper tantrum when someone tells them Santa isn't real.
....My Dad ,can beat-up your Dad ...!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227362 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The same way I know that Peter Pan's NeverNever Land doesn't exists. The same way I know that "pixie dust" doesn't exist. And I know that the naturalistic realm is the only realm because at this point in time, science has failed to detect anything other than this reality. So "For this moment in time" I KNOW that this is the only realm.
Oh.

So you just "know"? Maybe, call it intuition? A gut feeling?

You'll excuse me for not taking your word for it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#227363 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The person that jumps in front of a speeding car to save the life of someone they love, even though it may mean death for them is proof that love exists. The parent that would do ANYTHING to save their child is proof of love. Are you a parent? Would you not do anything within your power to save your child? If so, what is the motivating power that makes you act this way.
Like many thing, the evidence can be observed. The person that devotes their lives to healing the sick and saving lives does so because of his/her love of mankind. OBSERVATIONS, prove love. Can you NOT tell the difference between two people who hate each other and two that love each other? Are not the differences observable and obvious?
Yes, I would do anything to save the life of my child. But that doesn't prove love.

I asked you to prove love to me, not give me two dull and drab paragraphs of nothingness.

Hey if you can't do it, that's cool...
IPSEC

United States

#227364 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy who calls himself “No Shiite,” would be easy to hate. But he’s this spastic narcissist because of his upbringing. This guy has been beaten and hated his whole life so that’s what he emits when he writes.
It’s sad, really sad that a person like him doesn’t know what it’s like to have family and friends love him. However he does know and understand hate. I just wanted him to know why he has had so much tribulation in his life. Some of it is not his fault. He has been shaped and molded that way and pushed out into society.
As far as you my friend I have not had the chance to read much of what you've posted. This I know that No Shiite hates you and I would say that’s a big plus in your corner. Give me some time and I'll try and see what comes to mind.[tipping hat]
My, my aren't you a seething ball of judgmental hate, speculating about someone you don't know. Christians are creepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 min ChristineM 4,915
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min dirtclod 17,000
The Consequences of Atheism 15 min Thinking 838
Religiosity 3 hr Thinking 3
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 17 hr thetruth 1,670
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 17 hr thetruth 3
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 17 hr thetruth 31
More from around the web