Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255567 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#227361 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. You are barely educated. That is why you believe fairy stories are real.
You are no more than a child throwing a temper tantrum when someone tells them Santa isn't real.
....My Dad ,can beat-up your Dad ...!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227362 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The same way I know that Peter Pan's NeverNever Land doesn't exists. The same way I know that "pixie dust" doesn't exist. And I know that the naturalistic realm is the only realm because at this point in time, science has failed to detect anything other than this reality. So "For this moment in time" I KNOW that this is the only realm.
Oh.

So you just "know"? Maybe, call it intuition? A gut feeling?

You'll excuse me for not taking your word for it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#227363 Apr 27, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The person that jumps in front of a speeding car to save the life of someone they love, even though it may mean death for them is proof that love exists. The parent that would do ANYTHING to save their child is proof of love. Are you a parent? Would you not do anything within your power to save your child? If so, what is the motivating power that makes you act this way.
Like many thing, the evidence can be observed. The person that devotes their lives to healing the sick and saving lives does so because of his/her love of mankind. OBSERVATIONS, prove love. Can you NOT tell the difference between two people who hate each other and two that love each other? Are not the differences observable and obvious?
Yes, I would do anything to save the life of my child. But that doesn't prove love.

I asked you to prove love to me, not give me two dull and drab paragraphs of nothingness.

Hey if you can't do it, that's cool...
IPSEC

United States

#227364 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy who calls himself “No Shiite,” would be easy to hate. But he’s this spastic narcissist because of his upbringing. This guy has been beaten and hated his whole life so that’s what he emits when he writes.
It’s sad, really sad that a person like him doesn’t know what it’s like to have family and friends love him. However he does know and understand hate. I just wanted him to know why he has had so much tribulation in his life. Some of it is not his fault. He has been shaped and molded that way and pushed out into society.
As far as you my friend I have not had the chance to read much of what you've posted. This I know that No Shiite hates you and I would say that’s a big plus in your corner. Give me some time and I'll try and see what comes to mind.[tipping hat]
My, my aren't you a seething ball of judgmental hate, speculating about someone you don't know. Christians are creepy.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227365 Apr 27, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>His solution for world peace:

http://makeameme.org/meme/The-international-s...
Yep, that looks about right.

Him:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cFzeEGNONso/Uksay_M...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227366 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, man.
No worries chicky.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227367 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Yes you are, it's good to finally see you admitting it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#227368 Apr 27, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text> ....My Dad ,can beat-up your Dad ...!
Pretty easy since my dad is dead.

LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227369 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA HA HA!!!!

"Perter Pan"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"NererNever Land"

Dude, if you can't even spell "Peter" or "never" correctly, you really don't get to sit here and say that you're intelligent, because you're really not.
I consider an a lie as well.
IPSEC

United States

#227370 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA!!!!
"Perter Pan"
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
"NererNever Land"
Dude, if you can't even spell "Peter" or "never" correctly, you really don't get to sit here and say that you're intelligent, because you're really not.
Really? Typos? Christians are creepy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227371 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would do anything to save the life of my child. But that doesn't prove love.
I asked you to prove love to me, not give me two dull and drab paragraphs of nothingness.
Hey if you can't do it, that's cool...
Prove God loves us like your religion claims.

Based on your argument here, it is just a wild assumption with no proof whatsoever.
IPSEC

United States

#227372 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh. You claim to be very highly educated, several college degrees, an archaeological and history expert, a master computer technician, you even claim to be a college professor and a high school teacher.
You have also claimed; "I believe in God and I believe in Jesus".
So, not that I believe you at all but, you say that you are very highly educated and you believe in "fairy stories".
And really? "Fairy stories"? I think a person that has the self-proclaimed education that you have would know that they are not called "fairy stories", they're called "fairytales".
Fairy tales is two words, nitwit.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227373 Apr 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>\

No, the ignorant, hateful bigot continues to be you.
Oh that nut's got nothing on ar ar.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227374 Apr 27, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Typos? Christians are creepy.
"Pointing out typos is only acceptable when I do it." - riversidebucktardghostiegoop
IPSEC

United States

#227375 Apr 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
“You are barely educated”
You were not on the radar screen but now you are being painted. What I’m about to say is not meant to anger you but it probably will. That statement,“You are barely educated,” holds more truth to your own life than anyone here on topix.
If one word could described your life that would be “underachievement.” You have managed to survive but that’s the extent of it. It had to be your way and your time.
As a result you have a meager existence. You realize now that you had much more capability and potential but you were not disciplined enough to shape it into something.
Are you less of a person than anyone here on topix? I’m not saying that at all. You could have went further in life but you chose not too. My friend be who you are in real life and try not to put yourself on a pedestal.
Leave the pedestal for the Olympic medalist.
Wow, what a charmer you are. Speculating about another stranger, eh? Christians are creepy.

Las Vegas, NV

#227376 Apr 27, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean about my defect.
I have found it profound to note the different types of response we see in the Bible.
Look at the distinct responses of Jesus.
Note the response in the Epistles to those who have no desire for truth.
Elijah mocking the prophets of Baal.
Stephen's response spurred on his stoning.
I would submit that a sugar coated response is sometimes not the Christian response.
You'll have to forgive me , I'm just contentious . Hence I'm here and not on 'facebook', are you really going to stick to your guns and label hermaphrodite as a birth defect ..?

See , Unfair once you start using scripture to bolster your position , you know I no recourse, but to concede ..( Jesus never sugar coated , and regardless of what I said earlier, You never should either .)

Las Vegas, NV

#227377 Apr 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty easy since my dad is dead.
LOL
I fail to see the humor .

But, anyone who remains gleeful at the demise of their parents , is someone I should tread very carefully with , so "BenAdam' if I've ever said anything to offend you please , please don't kill me .

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227378 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh. You claim to be very highly educated, several college degrees, an archaeological and history expert, a master computer technician, you even claim to be a college professor and a high school teacher.
You have also claimed; "I believe in God and I believe in Jesus".
So, not that I believe you at all but, you say that you are very highly educated and you believe in "fairy stories".
And really? "Fairy stories"? I think a person that has the self-proclaimed education that you have would know that they are not called "fairy stories", they're called "fairytales".
I don't believe in the fairy stores of you and your church and I don't believe in the Bible.

I believe Jesus was a righteous teacher who (with John the Baptist) fulfilled Leviticus 16 ending Temple Judaism.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#227379 Apr 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
So you just "know"? Maybe, call it intuition? A gut feeling?
You'll excuse me for not taking your word for it.
Then by all means don't take my word for it, ask a scientist. Ask any scientists if Peter Pans NeverNever Land actually exists. Then ask his/her if there is a substance called pixies dust that not only allows you to defy gravity but fly off into space with no life support systems. Make sure you let him/her know you are serious and seeking a serious answer. See what they have to say after they stop laughing, assuming they ever stop!!!! Let me know how you make out Skippy!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#227380 Apr 27, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I fail to see the humor .....
No mirror ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min replaytime 35,639
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min Patrick 15,027
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 23 min Patrick 4,510
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 58 min An NFL Fan 20,205
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 12 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 45
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 hr ChristineM 23,879
News "Being an atheist does not mean being anti-Chri... (Dec '14) 16 hr thetruth 26
More from around the web