Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Milwaukee, WI

#227056 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion doesn't upset me, no.
Satan absolutely exists. He's out there right now, influencing somebody.
Sorry if that upsets you.
Do you have any proof of this supernatural being(Satan) somehow defying the laws of physics and doing this to people? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#227057 Apr 25, 2014
Ella wrote:
It doesn't matter your religion . God wants your heart . Please visit savesofia.org . This beautiful baby needs our help to survive .
This is a nice gesture.

Do you then recognise that it is us, humans, who have the power to heal this world?

Clearly, prayer to the non existent, is not working.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#227058 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Love is like a fart.
If you have to force it, it's probably crap.
Thats why you smell bad, a sulfurous expellent emits from you everbeing, i see you minions of the Hell, begone little devil ,minions from hell, you NEED TO take alot bath ASAP!

BAhahahahaaaaa!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#227059 Apr 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm the driver and you're the shooter, under the law we're equally guilty of the murder.
We are both deemed to have caused the victim's death.
Even though I didn't pull the trigger, directly causing the death.
(In California, and most states, the shooter could, and likely would, receive a harsher sentence, because there would be an additional sentence enhancement for the use of a firearm. But this affects the sentence, not the murder conviction we would both receive.)
I understand someone can be convicted of the result of a crime they participated in, even if they didn't actually do everything that happened. If two guys go rob a liquor store and one guy thinks the plan is supposed to be intimidation only where nobody gets hurt and his accomplish shoots the clerk they are still both going away for murder. Or that they shooter could get extra charges like using a firearm in the commission of a felony. Or whatever the situation may be. The culpability falls on both because they both actively participated in the act.

But if the other guy doesn't drive isnd doesn't participate and is sitting home on his couch when his buddy robs a store and kills someone, he isn't liable at all. Even if he was the one that convinced his buddy it was a good idea to go rob a store

You can say his convincing his buddy to do it obviously influenced him. You can show a causal relationship. But he is not culpable. Plus, "cause" in the context it was used was interchangeable with "make". Does the devil make propel sin? Does the devil cause people to sin. What is being determined is not whether a causal relationship exists. We already know it would if he is capable of influence. Rather it is whether someone can claim "the devil made me do it". RR is saying they can not. He is simply pointing out of the factors in his opinion that contributed to someone ultimately making the decision to sin. At least in some cases. I don't think he is saying all but he can correct me if he is.

The point that someone can be found guilty even if something they didn't actually do themselves would not apply here. Because for that to be the case, they would have had to participate. Now if we are gonna digress i will add I have often thought about if there is any practical way to do this with the law. And not a few if the stupid things like parents being ticketed if their kid has a party or bring held responsible for their truancy. But actual causation. A parent is on drugs and pimps their kid out to be molested and raped repeatedly for example. What do you think the percentage is he will end up behind prison bars some day? 90% or higher probably. The statue of limitations may have expired on the abuse but IMO the parent is actually more guilty than the child.

However we are talking formative years and victimization. Obviously an adult being influenced to sin for self-serving reasons owns that all by himself. It doesn't matter if someone nudged him in that direction

Location hidden

#227060 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Skom.
Don't be a stranger.
Yo

What's up RR?

I actually would like to be around a bit more than I have. The breaks are nice but I still feel an attachment to this place. I don't have the discipline to lurk! Keeping my opinion to myself is one of the skills I lack:)

Good to see ya

Location hidden

#227061 Apr 25, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Thats why you smell bad, a sulfurous expellent emits from you everbeing, i see you minions of the Hell, begone little devil ,minions from hell, you NEED TO take alot bath ASAP!
BAhahahahaaaaa!
Your therapists must be a millionaires

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227062 Apr 25, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But if the other guy doesn't drive isnd doesn't participate and is sitting home on his couch when his buddy robs a store and kills someone, he isn't liable at all. Even if he was the one that convinced his buddy it was a good idea to go rob a store
Wrong, Skong.

Ryan Joseph Holle was convicted in 2004 of first-degree murder for lending his Chevrolet Metro to a friend, after the friend and others at the party discussed their plans to steal drugs, money and beat up the 18 year old daughter of a marijuana dealer. A former resident of Pensacola, Florida, United States, he is now serving a sentence of life without the possibility of parole at the Graceville Correctional Facility.

His friend asked if he could borrow Holle's car and he said yes. Ryan Holle, 20 years old at the time, drunkenly crawled into bed and promotly fell asleep.

Cue angry excuse why this doesn't show you were wrong in your post. That will be entertaining. Doesn't it hurt your head to just continually bloviate about things of which you have no clue. Keep trying, though. Not only is your stupidity mildly entertaining, it's been theorized that a million monkeys typing will eventually compose Shakespeare. Keep typing, monkey. You're bound to be right about something one day.

Ooooh, your blood is boiling right now. You want to punch something so badly. I can hear the jail cell door closing on you again, already. Boo! There's a demon behind you! Run, Skong, run!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227063 Apr 25, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Your therapists must be a millionaires
And yours were paid for with tax dollars, con.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227064 Apr 25, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That dude musta REALLY pissed off god.
Dave would say the cross fell from an electromagnetic pulse from the Pope doing it in the woods with a Catholic bear. And by bear, I mean altar boy. Right Skong?

The Pope will be staying at the Domus Sanctae Marthae, the new hotel at the Vatican, where turn down service means the bell boy isn't interested. I'm beginning to understand how all those Bibles ended up in hotel rooms.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227065 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind that isn't retarded.
You'll never see one of those in the mirror.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227066 Apr 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The closest I can get to that is the bible talks about his people reining as Kings and Priest. Personally I donít think that will be here on this earth but for the new earths.
The Kings in the Old Testament had multiple wives.
If you don't go you don't get to enjoy.
So, let me get this straight. You're going to have multiple wives. These women, like the multiple wives of kings in the OT days, were not given a choice. How exactly is this Heaven for the women? Oh, that's right, according to the heteronormative patriarchy of the Bible, women are there to serve you.

Pssst, Christian women, it's a scam. You're going to get some of that good old fashioned Old Testament rape with an awl in your ear at the hands of Eagle 12.

You're a sick fug, you know that? What separates you from the 72 virgin crowd?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227067 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Love is like a fart.
If you have to force it, it's probably crap.
Ohh, ohh, ooh, just like your ability to think! Good show, Barnacle Bob!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227068 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends. Both as a noun and as a verb, the word clause has several meetings. To which meaning do you refer?
The word clause has several meetings? Hahahaha. Hey, could you ask clause to cancel a meeting and open up some time this afternoon? I'm really dependent on it. Conjunction junction, what's your function? Illustrating RR's cerebral disfunction!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227069 Apr 25, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
One wife is about all I can handle. For multiple wives you gotta be crazy in the first place.
Yes, you have to be religious, which, after all, is really crazy.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227070 Apr 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you mean claws?
Siri and all that....
Where does a lobster keep his clothes?

In the clawset!

How did the lobster get to be the CEO of a company?

Meetings? Nope! He just clawed his way to the top!

Whatís a lobsterís favorite TV show?

Claw and Order!

I'm here all week. Try the lobster. After your clause meeting. Work comes first! Well, as long as you aren't a construction equipment salesman in Riverside. Then Topix comes first. Before Jesus. Before Easter Sunday. Before your job. Before your wife. Before your kids. Before you have a cogent, rational thought.

I Googled Riverside, CA jokes and it took me to Topix.

Here's a house for sale for $1 in Riverside. It must be next door to the rooster-wrasslin', wife-smacking, baby-beating, it's-not-pedophilia-if-it's-a- girl, cigreet-smokin', rootinist, tootinist, toughest internet hombre west of the Prove There's a God thread! The neighbors couldn't run fast enough.

http://squatchable.com/photo.asp...

In Riverside, CA, one may not carry a lunch down the street between 11 and 1 o'clock.

Of course not, that's Topix time! Wait, it's always Topix time in Riverside.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227071 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw don't be a quitter, we're just getting started....
The beginning of your Topix shift, eh, Ralph?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227073 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*slaps knee*
Oh wait, what was the joke?
The joke is in your hand. And, between your ears. And, in your mirror. And, in your ideas. And in your words.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227074 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Uh oh, here's some Christians that would call you a devil worshiper for quoting Evanesence:

http://www.av1611.org/crock/crockex3.html

Hell bent for leather, indeed, you dirty heathen!

Here's a weird line from "faith" moosik:

"So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kissÖ". How He Loves by John. Mark McMillan

Watch out for the Jesussplooge! He's coming! Uh oh, Jesus comes carrying a sword.

Let's not forget that Christmas Classic, "I Saw Mommy Meeting Santa Claus(e) Underneath the Lobster Claws Last Night!"

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227076 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, it's quite rude to tell a rational adult that their beliefs are "too silly". I hope you don't expect much of a response after a disparaging remark like that.
She gets a pass. You're neither rational nor adult.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227077 Apr 25, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I celebrate and praise god when I see closed abortion clinics.
I'd celebrate and praise a god if I saw closed prisons, army bases, welfare offices, homeless shelters, and hospitals. A world where those were not necessary would truly be a world worthy of creation by a god.

You want closed abortion clinics? Education. Birth control. It really is that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 6 min ChristineM 812
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 34 min ChristineM 1,663
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 46 min Thinking 16,868
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 58 min Thinking 4,883
What evidence make you believe in God/gods? 1 hr Thinking 27
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 6,057
Turkey blocks website of its first atheist asso... 20 hr Thinking 1
More from around the web