Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256547 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#227073 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*slaps knee*
Oh wait, what was the joke?
The joke is in your hand. And, between your ears. And, in your mirror. And, in your ideas. And in your words.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227074 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Uh oh, here's some Christians that would call you a devil worshiper for quoting Evanesence:

http://www.av1611.org/crock/crockex3.html

Hell bent for leather, indeed, you dirty heathen!

Here's a weird line from "faith" moosik:

"So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss…". How He Loves by John. Mark McMillan

Watch out for the Jesussplooge! He's coming! Uh oh, Jesus comes carrying a sword.

Let's not forget that Christmas Classic, "I Saw Mommy Meeting Santa Claus(e) Underneath the Lobster Claws Last Night!"

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227076 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, it's quite rude to tell a rational adult that their beliefs are "too silly". I hope you don't expect much of a response after a disparaging remark like that.
She gets a pass. You're neither rational nor adult.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227077 Apr 25, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I celebrate and praise god when I see closed abortion clinics.
I'd celebrate and praise a god if I saw closed prisons, army bases, welfare offices, homeless shelters, and hospitals. A world where those were not necessary would truly be a world worthy of creation by a god.

You want closed abortion clinics? Education. Birth control. It really is that simple.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227078 Apr 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
An influence is never a cause. An influence can have an effect on your character, personality, development or behavior but it is never the cause of your behavior.
This is why I ignore excuses like 'daddy issues','indoctrination' or 'I was raised that way".
Everyone is responsible for their own actions and everyone causes their own actions.
Except for the retards, the poor bastards...
An influence is never a cause?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .

You got a phone call from a stump earlier. It advised that it was perfectly fine for you to use your sobriquet in place of the word stump in the famous trope, "Dumb as a stump".

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227079 Apr 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know of at least one river in Heaven. Perhaps there’s more. Is a river just a river? Not if you include the thousands of tributaries associated with a river. And lets not forget the waterfalls that will flow from one level of heaven to the other,(100 mile drop).
But one river can do a lot. For example the Mississippi River is the main river for the vast drainage system in North America.
The Mississippi River is the chief river of the largest drainage system in North America. Flowing entirely in the United States (though its drainage basin reaches into Canada), it rises in northern Minnesota and meanders slowly southwards for 2,340 miles (3,770 km)[4] to the Mississippi River Delta at the Gulf of Mexico.
With its many tributaries, the Mississippi's watershed drains all or parts of 31 US states and 2 Canadian provinces between the Rocky and Appalachian Mountains. The Mississippi ranks as the fourth longest and tenth largest river in the world. The river either borders or passes through the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Wiki
We would love for you to be there my darling. We have room for you. I would you would change your mind and go with us.
Run, River Tam, run! He wants you to be one of his sex slaves!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227080 Apr 25, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Will there be strip clubs?
My god, man, do you have any idea of how bad zombie vagina would taste?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227082 Apr 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River of life? That's kinda rubbing it in to a bunch of dead people, isn't it?
<quoted text>
Uhhh, tree of life? Again, dead people. This guy sounds like a real jerk.
<quoted text>
I do that now.
<quoted text>
What nations? There are different nations in heaven?
<quoted text>
I don't think he's heard me talk.
<quoted text>
Servents? You mean I could go to heaven and be a fuckingservent?
Ooops. There's that cursing thing.
<quoted text>
Like this?
http://www.tattoobite.com/tattoos/forehead-ta...
For ever and ever.
It's worse than that. He plans on being rewarded with multiple wives, like the old kings had. He wants you to be his sex slave. Now I know why these clowns want America to be like it was prior to Civil Rights. If you were a white guy, things were good, until all them uppity folks started wanting to not be segregated or servants. He thinks Heaven is a place that will reward him with everything that eludes him on Earth and he doesn't care how many other zombies it takes to serve him to do it.

So, how is it Heaven for the wives and the servants?

Man, Christians are some weird-ass mofos.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227083 Apr 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the sort of quibbling over words that result in confusion as described in the Tower of Babel.
An influence becomes a cause when something submits to it.
It is all about distribution of forces. Maintaining integrity of collections of them. From grass shacks protecting against the breeze to social systems protecting its organization. In the latter expectations are imposed on the individual components to maintain its integrity.
Said the Tower of Monkey Babble.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227084 Apr 25, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave! Despite your incoherence, I am once again glad to find you alive.
:)
That's one.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227085 Apr 25, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Marc Kaufman
for National Geographic News
Published April 18, 2013
Planet hunters are significantly closer to their goal of finding an "Earth twin" with the discovery of two planets similar in size to our own, astronomers with NASA's Kepler mission announced today.
The planets, described at a NASA press conference, orbit a sun that's cooler than ours but is at the right distance to allow water to remain liquid, which is considered essential for a planet to support life.(Read about a related discovery in 2011: "NASA's Kepler Finds Two Earth-Size Planets Around Sunlike Star.")
And because of their sizes and orbits, the newfound planets are likely either rocky—like Earth—or watery, NASA scientists said. The two planets are located 1,200 light-years away in a five-planet system orbiting a star dubbed Kepler-62.
Called Kepler-62e and -62f, the planets "are by far the best candidates for habitability of any found so far," said William Borucki of NASA's Ames Research Center, the science principal investigator for the agency's Kepler Space Telescope.
"If you were on Kepler-62f and looking at the sun, it would be a little less yellow than ours," said Borucki, whose announcement coincided with the release of a study on the topic in the journal Science.
"And at sunset the sky would be more red. But otherwise it would basically look and feel the same," he said.
"I would call this a breakthrough discovery."
My good friend you can laugh all you want but NASA has discovered a planet that is the correct distance from the sun like our earth.
Revelation 21
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
I bet you thought Nostradamus predicted 9-11, too.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227086 Apr 25, 2014
ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof of this supernatural being(Satan) somehow defying the laws of physics and doing this to people? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof
Vinny Gambini: How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?

Mr. Tipton: Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess.

Vinny Gambini:[across beside the jury] What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?

Mr. Tipton: I don't know.

Vinny Gambini: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove. Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#227087 Apr 25, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>She gets a pass. You're neither rational nor adult.
I second that statement.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227088 Apr 25, 2014
Good night and good morning to all the normal heathens and all those strange, silly Christians. The free entertainment you provide on atopic is indeed a miracle.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#227089 Apr 25, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>It's worse than that. He plans on being rewarded with multiple wives, like the old kings had. He wants you to be his sex slave. Now I know why these clowns want America to be like it was prior to Civil Rights. If you were a white guy, things were good, until all them uppity folks started wanting to not be segregated or servants. He thinks Heaven is a place that will reward him with everything that eludes him on Earth and he doesn't care how many other zombies it takes to serve him to do it.
So, how is it Heaven for the wives and the servants?
Man, Christians are some weird-ass mofos.
Yeah, but they mean well.

Bwahahahahahahaha

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#227090 Apr 25, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>That's one.
I like Dave. He's like my kookie uncle.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227091 Apr 25, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that statement.
Tanks.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227092 Apr 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Dave. He's like my kookie uncle.
That's two.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#227093 Apr 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but they mean well.
Bwahahahahahahaha
They mean well for themselves and the god they created in their own image. Everyone else is deserving of eternal punishment for disagreeing with them.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#227094 Apr 25, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>That's two.
How else would I have learned how to improve my microwave oven? With 3 strings, 7 magnets, 3 sticks and a feral goat, I can now cook a meatloaf in 3 seconds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Eagle 12 18,500
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 8 min thetruth 89
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 10 min thetruth 9,364
News Why I quit atheism 11 min thetruth 700
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Chimney1 43,162
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 17 min Thinking 5,688
A Universe from Nothing? 36 min u196533dm 489
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Chazofsaints 3,841
More from around the web