Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226854 Apr 24, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Although I'm usually not an unkind or vulgar person, this one woman in my past really got under my skin. She was probably the tightest, stingiest human I've ever met. I finally had enough of her, and said "If your vagina is as tight as your purse, you couldn't get a toothpick in it with a sledgehammer."
Amazingly, she thought I was giving her a compliment!
Then you know exactly the kind of person I`m talking about. "Anal retentive" doesn't quite describe some people.

I imagine she would think it was a compliment. I bet Kimar thinks I complimented him too.
Ha Ha.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226855 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wager and push in my whole pile, that you supported Nancy Pelosi's claim that in order to find out what was in the ACA we need to pass it first.
And you find that concept acceptable? You don't for one moment find such a position absolutely insane?
I don't do politics so I have no idea what you're talking about. Not even sure who Nancy Pelosi is.

I don't do politics because I believe they are all dishonest. Always have been and most likely always will be. I accept the dysfunction, the dishonesty, to back room deals, as part of the process. Therefore I pay little or no attention to politics in general.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#226856 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>But, but, but Aquarius said he wasn't advocating suicide. Thank you for demonstrating that he was.
Saying something can be accomplished in a certain way is in no way advocating that it should be done.
You one dimensional thinkers and liars are a real hoot.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226857 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"High country"? In New Jersey?
You call 1,800 feet the high country?
<rolls eyes>
A four foot hight hill in a totally flat desert is "high ground" You need to look up the word "relative" and apply it!!
Thunderstein

Sylacauga, AL

#226858 Apr 24, 2014
discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
Does this help to explain why atheists are such deplorable and hateful people? Or is their Satan mostly responsible? I blame the latter.

Location hidden

#226859 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>The hair isn't moving, moron, the scalp is.
Wow, just wow. You were just crowing about how intellectual you are and you come up with this craziness. EM influences? Haha.
Skin crawling is an idiom, idiot. It is not a valid description of the vestigial actions of the autonomic nervous system. Anserina is a vestigial reflex, an antecedent of evolution, back before tiny-dicked Christians had guns to make them feel tougher. The arrector pili muscles contract, you know, like the cardiomyocytes, as a response to fight or flight. Fight or flight, by the way, is the best refutation of this imaginary free will concept you twits came up with to explain bad things happening.
Why does your heart beat? Angels, I tell ya! No, wait, magnets. Yeah, magnets.
Seek help, Trog.
What causes that reaction when there is no "empirical evidence" readily apparent?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226860 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would that "ONLY one" kind of evidence be Einstein?
What "ONLY one" evidence would you accept as being "real"?
Something is either real or it's not. The ONLY way to make that determination is through SCIENCE!!! If you know of any other way to make that determination, I would love to hear it.

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#226861 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.I agree with "RiverSideRedneck" , Stars and I ....I'm mostly water ...( are they )..?
"cosmos" is a good program , but that you based your entire philosophy on a T.V. program ..
Can , you...read...?
Water is hydrogen and oxygen, so what is the problem? Still in the top five.

Location hidden

#226862 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>The hair isn't moving, moron, the scalp is.
BTW Einstein, the movement of the scalp has nothing to do with the hair on one's arms, legs, back, and neck. Furthermore, the hair does in fact move. What causes it to move is another story.
What causes the reflexive action in the first place when there is no apparent "empirical evidence" to which an entity would need react in defense?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226863 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
I don't know, hypocrite. He didn't try to make an excuse for his typo as you did.
I didn't make a typo, I was making fun of Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel, blacklagoon, showing his self-proclaimed higher intelligence is nonexistent.

The fact that I have to explain it to you shows that you're self-proclaimed higher intelligence is also nonexistent.

"blacklagoon wrote:
Wrong again dipshit, on of these churches was a baptists church"
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226864 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished."
Incorrect. That for sale sign only means that one particular church building is no longer a "church", and that is ALL it means.
One would need to know each and every person that was a member before the for sale sign was erected, in order to make the claim you just did.
Like I said, most folks who leave one church for whatever reason, usually find another one that "feels" better to them.
You make judgments and conclusions based on facts not in evidence. The ONLY fact you have in evidence is a simple for sale sign.
Grow up and face reality.
Ahhh, you're doing the dance of the desperate Christian, looking for any excuse or cause besides the obvious one. Thats ok, I've dealt with this rationale before. "It couldn't possibly have been because they lost their faith, there MUST be an alternative reason"

Don't you think its possible that these people simply saw the absurdity of accepting a bronze age mentality, of accepting a mythical being? Isn't it possible that they actually read their bible and found this God to be completely immoral and cruel? Maybe the fact that this being murders innocent little babies and destroys fetuses, maybe for some, this was the last straw.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#226865 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
" And more intelligent than someone who believes a magical being scooped up and handful of dirt, blew on it and out popped a fully formed human male"
Interesting.
You just described the big bang theory and evolution all in one, with the only difference being how much time was involved in going from dirt to human.
Neither evolution or Big Bang cosmology address abiogenesis.
IPSEC

North Richland Hills, TX

#226866 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying something can be accomplished in a certain way is in no way advocating that it should be done.
You one dimensional thinkers and liars are a real hoot.
He advocated it as a means to discover a god. You were wrong and he admitted as such.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226867 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ... at best ... a one tool explorer.
Your logic and reason are as incapable of "discovering" what is, as a Model T would be incapable of driving to Alpha Centauri. And make no mistake, a Model T is a fine automobile ... of it's time.
Your attempt to find what dwells in the spirit world using inadequate and inappropriate tools is akin to emptying Lake Superior with a dinner fork.
The truth is that all those who take up your position and stance are in reality taking up a very lazy position. You pick one tool from a variety of tools available to a human, and use it improperly in a task which it is incapable of performing, and then conclude that what you set out to find, is non-existent.
You intentionally blind fools crack me up. You think you have gone the last mile in a search which you failed to even embark upon.
"To find what dwells in the spirit world" REALLY? You say that like this spirit world is real, and even worse, that "something" dwells there. Please, how do come by this information? What dwells in this spirit world? How do you know this spirit world exists? What evidence do you have for either? Personal experiences, crystal balls, electromagnet devises, ghost detecting devices? I thought I was having a conversation with a sane person, guess I'm wrong!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226868 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Oh.

You know, spontaneous generation was a FACT for nearly 2000 years.

Then it was proven not to be a FACT.

Go figure
No Shiite wrote:
2,000 years, huh? Pulling numbers from your ass again.
Aristotle dreamt up spontaneous generation around 350BC. Pasteur proved it wrong around 1850 AD.

That's approximately 2,200 years of science teaching everyone the wrong thing, or as science calls it, "fact".

Location hidden

#226869 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>
"High country"? In New Jersey?
You call 1,800 feet the high country?
<rolls eyes>
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>It is when most of the state is at sea level. You left off 2 feet.
It is an official designation, by the way.
http://www.njhighlandscoalition.org/HTML/high...
When you roll your eyes like that, you risk tilt.
Played ya right to the net kid.
You demonstrate my point perfectly.
You fools ALWAYS use phrases like "It is an official designation", to try and bolster a lost point and make yourself feel better, but then also retrofit the words "It is when most of the state is at sea level." in a failed attempt to save face. You write and think in fragments ... none of which retain integrity.

BTW I left off 3 feet according to my sources, which are not a coalition with an agenda.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226870 Apr 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the pedantry, once again.
Satan doesn't "cause" anything to happen, you say--there's your technicality, your pedantic "gotcha".
But Satan exists today, in your view, no?
And he has influence on people, no?
And people's morals have declined on account of Satan's influence, no?
I would think that qualifies as "causation."
But you insist on being a pedant.
You do understand, don't you, that pedantry is dishonesty?
"Satan causes things to happen"
"Satan influences people"

Categorically different ideas.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226871 Apr 24, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. You chastise someone for not understanding something which you have never experienced yourself.
Priceless.
Yep, yer an idiot.
Are you really that stupid that you don't realize there are other means to educate ones self? You do know that BOOKS, and scientific journals, and computers are used to disseminate information, right? WTF are you on anyway?????

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226872 Apr 24, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because it was wrong.
That atoms heavier than hydrogen, helium and lithium is proven fact.
You really should read a book someday.
Hell, look it up, fer Christi's sake.
Oh it's a fact. Ok.

"So with animals, some spring from parent animals according to their kind, whilst others grow spontaneously and not from kindred stock; and of these instances of spontaneous generation some come from putrefying earth or vegetable matter, as is the case with a number of insects, while others are spontaneously generated in the inside of animals out of the secretions of their several organs."

That was fact for 2,200 years.

Even though it was never fact.

Interesting.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226873 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Well what happens if I kill you, will you kill me back?
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Interesting question.
Answer yourself the following question first and then address your question.
Can a death of a human currently in this life and dimension, be precipitated by a "former" human from beyond our grave?
Lol, no.

I was just joshin the liar.

I mean lawyer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 min dollarsbill 5,149
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 56 min Subduction Zone 85,769
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Mon Eagle 12 - 115
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web