Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#226766 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.I agree with "RiverSideRedneck" , Stars and I ....I'm mostly water ...( are they )..?

"cosmos" is a good program , but that you based your entire philosophy on a T.V. program ..

Can , you...read...?
It's been printed in many, many places.

The Cosmos series is merely bringing well known facts to a visual medium and, hopefully, bringing it to the ignorant masses.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#226767 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you somehow embarrassed that you know so little science? Stars are made of "water" REALLY!!!!!

Where do you get the idea that I base my entire philosophy on a TV program? If you had been paying attention you would know that I don't own a TV.

Reading is exactly how I know what stars are made of, and how I understand how the world around me operates.

You really don't know how the Cosmos operates, and what comprises stars, how planets are formed?
Sure he does. It's all godstuff.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226769 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
'Rational atheist' oxymorons pick a few things not understood, twist others and run like a sissy from the things they can't explain.
I keep throwing them out there, and you are dumbfounded.
Smirk.
There is nothing in your holy book that CAN'T be understood, it's all very clear. Since it is clear there is nothing to twist, it's usually the Theist who finds it necessary to twist most of its immoral and evil doctrines. I can explain anything found in your bible, but when people like you begin the freely interpret its content to make it conform to your personal opinions, it becomes laughable.

When you begin to include aliens as a part of your holy book, and given your complete and obvious insanity along with you being a freak of nature, then anyone would run the other way.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#226770 Apr 24, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he does. It's all godstuff.
I'm forever amazed when people ignore known scientific facts and put in its place, magic. I keep asking myself how that is possible. The ONLY explanation is brainwashing from an early age, or total lack of education. In many cases it's both.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226771 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing in your holy book that CAN'T be understood, it's all very clear. Since it is clear there is nothing to twist, it's usually the Theist who finds it necessary to twist most of its immoral and evil doctrines. I can explain anything found in your bible, but when people like you begin the freely interpret its content to make it conformo to your personal opinions, it becomes laughable.
When you begin to include aliens as a part of your holy book, and given your complete and obvious insanity along with you being a freak of nature, then anyone would run the other way.
Then explain how the Alien accurately predicted the Jewish culture.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226772 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , yet these divisive ..CHRISTIANS ...."KiMare" ..."RiversideRedneck " .....have only given me props ....???...They aren't Catholics ...
Idiots of a feather flock together.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226773 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain how the Alien accurately predicted the Jewish culture.
Confirmation bias.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226774 Apr 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, look at that happening right now...
Oh wait, it's idiot 'rational atheist' oxymorons hypocritically judging the very ones expressing benevolence in their own neighborhoods right now!
Is it an ignorant, hateful bigot or a 'rational atheist' oxymoron? I can't tell the difference...
Snicker.
You need to be on medication.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226775 Apr 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! I love those.
If he's not lying about his use of Siri to post, his "coworkers" must think he's insane.
"Quotation mark stupid Atheist exclamation point quotation mark".
- ar ar, yelling at his phone, in the middle of Walmart.
Using Siri, is also more time consuming than typing.
Plus the uber-Christian, construction equipment salesman, father of the year, and husband perfect spent the high holiest of holy days right here on Topix, ignoring his a Jesus, his job, his wife, and his kids.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226777 Apr 24, 2014
old pa wrote:
This sounds like just hippies babbling garbage. If anybody here had two active brain cells we'd just agree to live and let live without all the thoughtless garbage and insults.
Right. Christians live and let live. Haha.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226778 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...ad hominem ...
That was not an ad hominem.

Argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

White people arguing against affirmative action. Whoop.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226779 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..or , he is just funny ...?
Funny? Aww, you have a crush. Adorable.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226780 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...slow your roll ..and , never again propose suicide ....
But, but, but Aquarius said he wasn't advocating suicide. Thank you for demonstrating that he was.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226781 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...slow your roll ..and , never again propose suicide ....
Where is the fudge packing Clearwater now, to condemn 12?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226782 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.I agree with "RiverSideRedneck" ,
A fool's errand.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226783 Apr 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! I love those.
If he's not lying about his use of Siri to post, his "coworkers" must think he's insane.
"Quotation mark stupid Atheist exclamation point quotation mark".
- ar ar, yelling at his phone, in the middle of Walmart.
Using Siri, is also more time consuming than typing.
Before 9/11, there were quite a few crazies wandering around JFK airport muttering to themselves just like that.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226784 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , yet these divisive ..CHRISTIANS ...."KiMare" ..."RiversideRedneck " .....have only given me props ....???...They aren't Catholics ...
You are really attaching your cart to Kimare's crazy train?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226785 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

I ain't speak no liar talk, now.....
First time for everything.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226786 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Um....
Rubber, glue, oxen, plaster and vodka.
What are the five things the a Riverside Easter Bunny gathers to have sex with Kimare, Alex?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226787 Apr 24, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Although I'm usually not an unkind or vulgar person, this one woman in my past really got under my skin. She was probably the tightest, stingiest human I've ever met. I finally had enough of her, and said "If your vagina is as tight as your purse, you couldn't get a toothpick in it with a sledgehammer."
Amazingly, she thought I was giving her a compliment!
She sounds hot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min scientia potentia... 48,381
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Amused 4,906
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Amused 21,861
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Nov 30 Eagle 12 13
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Nov 29 Richardfs 5
News Delta Schools Will Get Satanic Coloring Books o... (Apr '16) Nov 29 Amused 7
News Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns (Sep '14) Nov 28 hpcaban 441
More from around the web