Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258047 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#226745 Apr 23, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not suffer fools.
That includes you.
It also includes anyone who enters the fray with, "Oooh, Oooh, I know. The fair wage for sex slavery is tiny-dicked Christians who couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a stack of pardons and a Jesus mattress finally getting a woman to submit, because, after all, paths. Booble tells me so. Whoop! "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
..whoa ...Did , you really go there ...???

I hope you're happy ...making a grown man cry ..

I could get ..laid ..I could ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#226746 Apr 23, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can never be happy, remember ...it's you.
Oh.
Then why am I happy?
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting in excess of 103 posts a day, from 5:00 a.m. until after 8:00 p.m., from work and home is a true sign of ultimate happiness.
Public service announcement forthcoming soon.
<quoted text>
Hey Mr. OCD, you made the assertion, I merely presented the refutation.
What a life, Topix 14/7. Must be wonderful to be you!
...ad hominem ...

Las Vegas, NV

#226747 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny, he gives what he thinks is a humorous answer trying to deflect his ignorance.
Or could it be he really thinks this is what stars are made of?........Hummm!!
..or , he is just funny ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#226748 Apr 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You only play happy.
..And , He's funny ....

He must be the best ' actor ' in the north west , north east ....??

Las Vegas, NV

#226749 Apr 23, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes down to how soon you want the evidence. If you want the evidence now then take the ride. But it's a one way ride. My good Doctor, you are going to take the ride sooner or later.
...slow your roll ..and , never again propose suicide ....

Las Vegas, NV

#226750 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>BINGO........holy shit you do have a brain.
The top ingredient's in the universe are Hydrogen, Helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon. Carbon is actually the 4th most abundant ingredient in the universe. These 5 elements are what stars are made of. Guess what the main ingredient's are in YOUR body. Yep, all 5 of these elements. You should be very moved know you are made of the "stuff" of stars.
.I agree with "RiverSideRedneck" , Stars and I ....I'm mostly water ...( are they )..?

"cosmos" is a good program , but that you based your entire philosophy on a T.V. program ..

Can , you...read...?

Las Vegas, NV

#226751 Apr 23, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, but it has nothing to do with either slavery or child sacrifice.
Do you at least condemn the murder of innocent children and pregnant women in the Bible?
..OBVIOUSLY ..I'M ..A...SOLIPSIST....sorry ..

I don't know how to cut and paste ...

Go to "new advent " ....my, goodness ..it's an encyclopedia ..slavery , genocide , homosexuality , Islam , pedophile ,Atheism ...

better answers .!!..than, the smart Christians ...and , if you really believe your position ..AMMO...

Las Vegas, NV

#226753 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence for a soul. The ubiquitousness of churches is testament to how successor they are as fraud farm money factories.
Which god? The one you believe in is the result of ego and cultural conditioning. There have been over 60,000 major religions tied to millions of gods documented in recorded history. Christianity alone has over 35,000 divisions. You readily reject the existence of all of those millions to pretend you have some unique answer, a divisiveness to call others heathens and claim your superiority.
What a twisted lot.
and , yet these divisive ..CHRISTIANS ...."KiMare" ..."RiversideRedneck " .....have only given me props ....???...They aren't Catholics ...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#226754 Apr 23, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Church attendance is dropping precipitously. Only 17% of American attend church on any given Sunday. While, yes, some churches may have been replaced, the majority of abandoned churches have been that, literally abandoned. Any time a fraud factory closes, it's a step in the right direction.
That is wonderful news.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226755 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That would work, too. But so does this:
"It is a proven fact that nonbelievers have a higher intelligence level than theists, look it up numbnuts"
Either way, your Topix Atheist! buddy is not a man of higher intelligence.
I am certainly more intelligent than someone who believes Satan is floating around causing evil things to happen. More intelligent that someone who thinks there is NO slavery in the bible, that these "slaves" were really only SERVANTS!!!! ROTFLMAO. And more intelligent than someone who believes a magical being scooped up and handful of dirt, blew on it and out popped a fully formed human male.

So until you get rid of your ridiculous beliefs that most children would laugh at, lets not talk about intelligence levels.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226756 Apr 23, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.I agree with "RiverSideRedneck" , Stars and I ....I'm mostly water ...( are they )..?
"cosmos" is a good program , but that you based your entire philosophy on a T.V. program ..
Can , you...read...?
Aren't you somehow embarrassed that you know so little science? Stars are made of "water" REALLY!!!!!

Where do you get the idea that I base my entire philosophy on a TV program? If you had been paying attention you would know that I don't own a TV.

Reading is exactly how I know what stars are made of, and how I understand how the world around me operates.

You really don't know how the Cosmos operates, and what comprises stars, how planets are formed?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#226757 Apr 23, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>Posting in excess of 103 posts a day, from 5:00 a.m. until after 8:00 p.m., from work and home is a true sign of ultimate happiness.

Public service announcement forthcoming soon.
Oh goody! I love those.

If he's not lying about his use of Siri to post, his "coworkers" must think he's insane.

"Quotation mark stupid Atheist exclamation point quotation mark".
- ar ar, yelling at his phone, in the middle of Walmart.

Using Siri, is also more time consuming than typing.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#226758 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Hey, while you're reading my mind when you tell me what else I'm feeling?
Shup and fix me a sammich!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#226759 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That would work, too. But so does this:
"It is a proven fact that nonbelievers have a higher intelligence level than theists, look it up numbnuts"
Either way, your Topix Atheist! buddy is not a man of higher intelligence.
No, it doesn't, because two independent clauses are never separated by a comma.
Damn. You're dumb.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226760 Apr 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , yet these divisive ..CHRISTIANS ...."KiMare" ..."RiversideRedneck " .....have only given me props ....???...They aren't Catholics ...
It's a good thing, because they would have "genocided" their imaginary forebears already.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#226761 Apr 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Shup and fix me a sammich!
Do you really like bologna that much?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226762 Apr 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so surprised? Most Atheist's know more about what is contained in the bible than Theist's.
BS

'Rational atheist' oxymorons pick a few things not understood, twist others and run like a sissy from the things they can't explain.

I keep throwing them out there, and you are dumbfounded.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#226763 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke's on you, dumbass....
"blacklagoon wrote:
Wrong again dipshit, on of these churches was a baptists church"
There ya go, Mr. HigherIntelligenceLevel.
Touche.

Another 'rational atheist' oxymoron goes down.

Again.

Smile.

Location hidden

#226764 Apr 24, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing, because they would have "genocided" their imaginary forebears already.
Yeah, look at that happening right now...

Oh wait, it's idiot 'rational atheist' oxymorons hypocritically judging the very ones expressing benevolence in their own neighborhoods right now!

Is it an ignorant, hateful bigot or a 'rational atheist' oxymoron? I can't tell the difference...

Snicker.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#226765 Apr 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, NEATO!

That's the theory today, who knows what it will be in 50 years......
No. That's NOT theory. That's FACT.

It's been well and thoroughly proven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 33 min IB DaMann 5,722
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr IB DaMann 94
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 3 hr Suspicious Packag... 2
What are the best arguments against religion? 3 hr Richardfs 8
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Brian_G 23,592
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 hr scientia potentia... 48,864
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 14 hr Mintz4004 21,889
More from around the web