Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226670 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what our resident genius will make of the fact almost all structures now have sheetrock in them.
Sheetrock is taking over the world?

Or as Catcher calls it; "sheet wall".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226671 Apr 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can never be happy, remember ...it's you.
Oh.

Then why am I happy?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#226672 Apr 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The compulsive badmouthing of the roots of your civilization and believers in the root religion of such, who happen to be in the vast majority, is not based on reason, rationality, or education. It is based upon a psychosis.
You are a product of that which you now condemn in such a mad dog manner. You launched yourself out into the wild blue yonder of delusion.
It's those darned EM forces at work, don't you think?

Or something like that.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#226673 Apr 23, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Especially with bigots that openly speak of a wish to kill Christians.
I reject the concept of killing Christians.

I don't subscribe to the eye-for-an-eye philosophy.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226674 Apr 23, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes down to how soon you want the evidence. If you want the evidence now then take the ride. But it's a one way ride. My good Doctor, you are going to take the ride sooner or later.
Bullshit piled on top of more bullshit never makes it true. There is ONLY one kind of evidence, only one, and that evidence ONLY exists in reality as part of the naturalistic realm. Now if you want to say there is another source were evidence can be found its on YOU to demonstrate the validity of this "other" source.

Be prepared to supply something other than just your delusional episodes, or your psychotic personal experiences.

So I'm waiting, show me this alternative reality where I can discover evidence for souls!!!! Ready........Set..........GO!! !
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226675 Apr 23, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So Doc, if you see a house for sale does that mean every house in America is for sale?
Or if you see a house being repo'd does that mean every house in America is going on the auction block?
Or if a school is shutdown does that mean every school is going out of business?
Of course not, WTF kind of question is that?

It simply shows that this one particular Church has failed, that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished. One small victory for skepticism. And seeing TWO of these failed churches seems to suggest a trend, at least in that particular region.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226676 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What are you made from, "interstellar stardust"?!
LMMFAO!!
<quoted text>
You Topix Atheists! sure know how to spin a fanciful tale.
You know what a Topic Atheist! just told me? He said the Bible was written for the illiterate.
Yeah, that's right. A book that is completely text was written for those who can't read it.
Amazing...
That's right, only the ministers, priests, whatever religious leader got to read to his crowd, what ever part of the book he wishes to, almost like now. Most people never open their bible until they are in church and reading along with the preacher. They may as well be illiterate.
The preacher chooses the subject, reads and then tells everybody what he just read meant.
Been that way since the beginning of the religion. The book is sacred to the illiterate, they trust what the minister says and what the meaning is.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#226677 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheetrock is taking over the world?
Or as Catcher calls it; "sheet wall".
You go ahead and handle the sheetrock/sheet wall.

I'm much better with demurrers and motions to strike.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#226678 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Then why am I happy?
That's not happiness, it's bliss.

And I know why you have it.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#226679 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I reject the concept of killing Christians.
I don't subscribe to the eye-for-an-eye philosophy.
Thank you for your civility.

I also know that you have burden for animals and animal rights.

[tipping hat]

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226680 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I KNOW for a fact that they never "outgrew" their building, just the opposite, people over time just stopped coming. The last sunday before they went belly up, they had 5 people for a Sunday service. People just decided that bronze age childish superstitious beliefs were embarrassing.
Since it is a known fact that Atheists display greater intelligence levels than Theists, rational thought, reason, logic, and skepticism, are very desirable traits possessed by all true Atheist's, so there is no oxymoron here, the mistake is all yours. He smiles down at the delusional child!!
The only churches shrinking are the liberal ones that excuse immorality and desecrate marriage.

As to intelligence levels, I've been consistently noting 'rational atheist' oxymorons like you...
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#226681 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit piled on top of more bullshit never makes it true. There is ONLY one kind of evidence, only one, and that evidence ONLY exists in reality as part of the naturalistic realm. Now if you want to say there is another source were evidence can be found its on YOU to demonstrate the validity of this "other" source.
Be prepared to supply something other than just your delusional episodes, or your psychotic personal experiences.
So I'm waiting, show me this alternative reality where I can discover evidence for souls!!!! Ready........Set..........GO!! !
My good Doctor, we are all going to take the last ride across the river Jordan. I would love for you to join those of us who are going onto a much better place but as much as I would love to save you, I can't.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#226682 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, WTF kind of question is that?
It simply shows that this one particular Church has failed, that the "Faith" of it's members had vanished. One small victory for skepticism. And seeing TWO of these failed churches seems to suggest a trend, at least in that particular region.
[tipping hat]

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#226683 Apr 23, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit piled on top of more bullshit never makes it true. There is ONLY one kind of evidence, only one, and that evidence ONLY exists in reality as part of the naturalistic realm. Now if you want to say there is another source were evidence can be found its on YOU to demonstrate the validity of this "other" source.
Dogs growling at unseen thingies.

Your hair standing up on the back of your neck with nothing in sight.

Quite natural.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#226684 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
Because you lie.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#226685 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
Then why am I happy?
You only play happy.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#226686 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
OOps sorry wong hole.. lol

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#226687 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
Why does the hair stand up on end and your skin crawls when you get "spooked"?

Does the hair "smell"? Or "see".

No, it is attuned to EM influences. Sensors on full alert and shields up.

Why?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226688 Apr 23, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been watching too much Cosmos...
I don't own a TV so I have never seen Cosmos, obviously you have never watched it, or if you did you didn't understand anything that was presented.

So let me get this straight, just so there is NO confusion, are you saying that the 5 elements I posted are NOT the most common ingredients in the universe? Are you also saying that these 5 ingredients are NOT the major components of Stars? And that these 5 ingredients DO NOT the prime ingredients of our bodies?

Or are you so uneducated that you simply have no idea what I'm talking about? I'll place my bet on that!!!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#226689 Apr 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You go ahead and handle the sheetrock/sheet wall.
I'm much better with demurrers and motions to strike.
And I'll leave the sheetrock instillation to the mindless, I'm much better at creativity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 32 min Dogen 81,869
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 16 hr Science 2,196
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 hr Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web