Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#226256 Apr 21, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when the Republicans were still a responsible, middle-of-the-road party.
You know: before Reagan sold it out to the Genuine Christholes™-- before all the insanity.
Ah yes. More of the love and tolerance I keep hearing about. Lol. Do as you two faced folks say not as you do.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#226257 Apr 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on.

I like Tracy Chapman.
Lol. Sorry, I find it rather depressing.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226258 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
"In fact, Christianity introduced that change."
Um, no. In fact in the New Testament Paul reiterated slavery as a legitimate institution by declaring that slaves should be obedient to their masters.
"Most primitive cultures utilized slavery."
So? Was God afraid of offending them by declaring slavery immoral? Was God more concerned about shrimp and whether people wore cloth woven from cotton and wool?
Is it ignorance or deceit?

What about Philemon?

What about acquiring freedom if possible?

Why is it Christianity that is still alone in the fight against slavery?

Even if you censor the issue to avoid sacrificing children, atheists are no where to be found in stopping human trafficking right now.

Hypocrite.

Location hidden

#226259 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never condoned murdering children. But the Bible does. Why don't you condemn the infanticide in the Bible? Hypocrite.
Sure you have. You are on here harping about ancient slavery while you ignore both slavery and child sacrifice occurring right now.

The hypocrite is you.

Location hidden

#226260 Apr 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's excusing the murder of children for ANY reason.
You are a liar.
You are.

You whine about ancient slavery by only one of many cultures that practiced it, and ignore millions of convenience abortions happening right now.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226261 Apr 21, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes. More of the love and tolerance I keep hearing about. Lol. Do as you two faced folks say not as you do.
... you must be one of those Genuine Christholes™ I have read about.

It's your hate and your hypocrisy that gave you away...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#226262 Apr 21, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
The song was written just before the civil war. Not by the people from the old testament.
Would you like a song about slave liberation by people from the Old Testament? You don't know the Bible.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#226263 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
Slavery is immoral by definition. Why won't you condemn the slavery in the Bible as immoral?
First off there is all types and the circumstances were totally different. It is not immoral to do work to pay off a debt or to agree to work for a seven year period to obtain a wife if both parties are in agreement. You are the ones who are making moral judgements which ignores cultural context. You say slavery is immoral by definition. That is an objective moral claim. What is your objective basis for your objective moral claim? The Romans thought slavery to be perfectly fine for their culture and time and who are you to say they were wrong and you are right? What is your objective basis to condemn the Romans?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#226265 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob,
I guess you think those 180 Pyramids in Egypt built themselves. Incredible.
Maybe nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into pyramids.

You never know.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226266 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Slavery is immoral by definition.
Is that more objective morality that you never post?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226267 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Your post reminds me of a joke.
Two sperms were swimming as fast as they could.
One of them said to the other, "I'm exhausted and don't know how much longer I can keep swimming. How much further to the fallopian tubes?"
The second sperm replied, "Keep swimming, pal, we have a long way to go. We barely just passed the tonsils."
So 3 gay guys are sitting in a hot tub and a condom floats to the surface.

One of the guys says; "alright, who farted?"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226268 Apr 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
*Knuckleheads*
You're welcome.
Oh ya, you and Blob are both knuckleheads.

Thanks!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#226269 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it moral by definition?

Columbus, OH

#226270 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you fantasizing again?

Columbus, OH

#226271 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into pyramids.
You never know.....
Or a myth could have done the same, eh?

You never know....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226272 Apr 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
Is it moral by definition?
That depends on who, and what society, is defining it.

In most modern societies today, yes slavery is immoral and I agree with that, I think slavery is terrible and immoral.

But in a lot of ancient cultures, slavery wasn't looked at is terrible, it was looked at as a class of society. There were many people that volunteered into slavery to pay off a debt or to help feed their family because they couldn't find work. To them, slavery was not only normal, it was moral.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#226273 Apr 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:

Or a myth could have done the same, eh?
You never know....
You think a myth could accomplish something.

That's quite telling of your character....

Columbus, OH

#226274 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on who, and what society, is defining it.
In most modern societies today, yes slavery is immoral and I agree with that, I think slavery is terrible and immoral.
But in a lot of ancient cultures, slavery wasn't looked at is terrible, it was looked at as a class of society. There were many people that volunteered into slavery to pay off a debt or to help feed their family because they couldn't find work. To them, slavery was not only normal, it was moral.
So it was OK then. Now it's not.

How's BibleGod think about that?

He have shifting morality?

Columbus, OH

#226275 Apr 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think a myth could accomplish something.
That's quite telling of your character....
Really?

You think I believe you myth could do that?

Or are you just being dishonest?

Columbus, OH

#226276 Apr 21, 2014
you - your

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Endofdays 81,921
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 hr Science 2,206
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sat Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web