Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255551 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#226207 Apr 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
Education.
Dolt.
Get some.
Indeed... Ar Ar was kicked out of grade school, most likely-- and never got past his 4th attempt at 6th grade...

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226208 Apr 21, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...afraid of...?.....It's murder .
Even , if there were no God , you'd be snuffing out the one chance this tiny utterly defenseless being has at existence ..
you people care for whales and rainforests ......why, not humans ..??
I said just because something is covered under your insurance does not mean YOU have to use it. I assume a heart transplant is covered under mine, but I have no plans to change hearts.

Do you think that humans are an endangered species? There are only 7 billion of us. The rainforest and whales are endangered. They become less and less as we become more and more. Why do you wish to see the rainforests destroyed? Or whales.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226209 Apr 21, 2014
Let's get this straight.

'Rational atheist' oxymorons condemn the Bible for setting guidelines regarding slavery in cultures where it was a consequence of war and debt, but excuse the sacrificial murder of unborn children for the convenience of irresponsible couples.

Takes a reprobate to think like that...

Smirk.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#226210 Apr 21, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
1) there is no actual history in support of your 400 years of slavery.
2) the story as told in your bible, is quite disgusting.
In it, your god deliberately prevents poor Pharaoh from actually letting the people go-- so that the bible's god can glory in his ultimate death.
And make no mistake-- the bible **literally** says that Pharaoh's death brings glory to bible-god!
That's pretty sick right there...
.. but before that? Many others have to be slaughtered by your god, first.
It appears you worship a god who gets off on killing......
...sick.
Bob,

I guess you think those 180 Pyramids in Egypt built themselves. Incredible.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#226211 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not endorse slavery for the Jews. Reading and comprehension issues much? LOL!
Refusing to believe the Jewish people were slaves is a endorsement of Anti-Semitism. Just like the former Iraq President refused to believe in the Holocaust. Both cases are historical events.

You can’t build 180 Pyramids in ancient Egypt without slave labor. No society could afford that kind of tax burden. Slavery is still in our modern society. But because it happened to the Jews you refuse to believe it.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#226212 Apr 21, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Rape:
Got a song for ya Shite. It is a song by slaves about liberation. Slave liberation!!!! From the Old Testament!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Down_Moses

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#226213 Apr 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if i didn't know what i was talking about, you'd be wwwaaaaayyy less interested to discredit me;-)
How do you figure that? And BTW, you discredit yourself just fine. I'm just trying to show you how you do that. You don't seem very interested in changing your ways to heed what Jesus said either. Fake Christian.

San Francisco

#226214 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Let's get this straight.
'Rational atheist' oxymorons condemn the Bible for setting guidelines regarding slavery in cultures where it was a consequence of war and debt, but excuse the sacrificial murder of unborn children for the convenience of irresponsible couples.
Smirk.
So slavery was OK because of war and debt?

Wow.

Since we still have war and debt today, are you saying slavery should be reintroduced?

San Francisco

#226215 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Refusing to believe the Jewish people were slaves is a endorsement of Anti-Semitism.
No actually, it's not. Anti-semitism is to be prejudiced against someone because they are Jewish. It has nothing to do with slavery. Duh.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#226216 Apr 21, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The culture was different back then , 15 was considered marriageable ..
And , If you had reading comprehension ; you could go to "Luke" yourself , and actually read for yourself, Mary did give consent ...
sorry for proving you wrong , in such a public forum ..
Was she like some of our little diva princesses around here and have a bunch of scribes following her around while she was dating Joseph, so that they could write down every word she uttered, kinda like Justin Beiber?

They already knew which girl was going to be "the queen for the day" so they stayed on her heels till god impregnated her?

You guys act like every biblical character had a host of scribes writing down every thought and uttered word, even before they were even famous. Does that make sense to anybody? Or would you think, okey, this happened, so maybe they said this or that or lets make up something that fits the case. Easy to write if you already know what happened. Right?

San Francisco

#226217 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>

You can’t build 180 Pyramids in ancient Egypt without slave labor. No society could afford that kind of tax burden.
The Egyptians did have slaves, although many of the laborers were also paid and volunteers too. They may have had some Jewish slaves too. But there is no evidence that they systematically enslaved Jews specifically. Sorry, but that is a historical fact.

San Francisco

#226218 Apr 21, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery is still in our modern society. But because it happened to the Jews you refuse to believe it.
Really? What corporation can buy and sell people as property, and can beat them unto death, as is described in the Bible?

Sorry, but no, the slavery in the Bible has no modern equivalence, and it is really amazing that you are trying to pain me as an anti-semite when you are being an apologist for something like slavery. Give me a break.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#226219 Apr 21, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Got a song for ya Shite. It is a song by slaves about liberation. Slave liberation!!!! From the Old Testament!
Here's Ingersoll, live in the 1890s (with credit to Edison).

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#226220 Apr 21, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#226221 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Let's get this straight.
Smirk.
Sacrificial murder?

KimAirhead youre an IDiot,

Location hidden

#226222 Apr 21, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
No, not there, here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rLLapwIoEVIXX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingers...

Robert_G._Ingersoll

After the war, he served as Illinois Attorney General. He was a prominent member of the Republican Party and, though he never held an elected position, he was nonetheless an active participant in politics. According to Robert Nisbet, Ingersoll was a "staunch conservative Republican."[6] His speech nominating James G. Blaine for the 1876 presidential election was unsuccessful, as Rutherford B. Hayes received the Republican nomination, but the speech itself, known as the "Plumed Knight" speech, was considered a model of political oratory.

Location hidden

#226223 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So slavery was OK because of war and debt?
Wow.
Since we still have war and debt today, are you saying slavery should be reintroduced?
You are simply (I mean that both ways) being obstinate.

Most primitive cultures utilized slavery. As they develop, other methods of dealing with the situations are used. In fact, Christianity introduced that change.

You keep trying to condemn an ancient, defunct practice while excusing the murder of children for convenience. That's both depraved and perverted, not to mention hypocritical!

Location hidden

#226224 Apr 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Let's get this straight.
Smirk.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrificial murder?
KimAirhead youre an IDiot,
Ah the 'rational atheist' oxymoron hater uses a troll attack to make her defense.

I'm suppose to debate a teen punk?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#226225 Apr 21, 2014
Then there is the 'rational atheist' oxymorons condemning the tax exempt status of Churches who are actively helping primarily atheists in their own communities RIGHT NOW, while ignoring the pillaging of poor people by our own government through Lotteries.

Looks like the moral high ground of 'rational atheist' oxymorons is the Mariana Trench.

And if we fell off that moral pinnacle and landed on their IQ, we'd die...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#226226 Apr 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What corporation can buy and sell people as property, and can beat them unto death, as is described in the Bible?
Sorry, but no, the slavery in the Bible has no modern equivalence, and it is really amazing that you are trying to pain me as an anti-semite when you are being an apologist for something like slavery. Give me a break.
Here is a slave song for you by slaves about slave liberation from the Old Testament.

Go Down Moses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min ChristineM 35,532
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Richardfs 15,011
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 23 min Patrick 4,494
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 52 min Bottom Line 20,194
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 45
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr ChristineM 23,879
News "Being an atheist does not mean being anti-Chri... (Dec '14) 7 hr thetruth 26
More from around the web