Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244670 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#225558 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks.
If ignorance were bliss you'd be happier.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225559 Apr 18, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the Google University graduate who probably doesn't even have a passport.
A person needs a passport to read about foreign countries? Huh....
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#225560 Apr 18, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You label to invalidate with quotes that do not prove your point.
I think it is astounding how accurately he predicted our future.
You have no reasoned response to the quote.
Smile.
And you're still an insane creep. Shudder.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225561 Apr 18, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up Redneck. You WILL be a "new creature" son. Even the Bible tells you so.
Look up "reincarnation" kid. Your "afterlife" fits the definition to a tee ... in BOTH the Bible and the dictionary.
<smile>
Oh.

Reincarnation: the rebirth of a soul any new body.

Afterlife: an existence after death.

They are very different.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225562 Apr 18, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are simply incapable of gleaning meaning from the written word ... apparently.
You have posted erroneous things here many times, but you are 180 degrees out of plum on your atheist accusation pilgrim.
"The laws of men don't stop men, do they?"
Show me proof that your laws of God do any better in stopping men from untoward acts against their fellow man.
I and others here will bury your dumbass in evidence of crimes being committed by the uh "clergy".
Grow a brain you halfwit and learn to read while you're at it.
Hmmm...

"Show me proof that your laws of God do any better in stopping men from untoward acts against their fellow man."

You want me to show you proof of men NOT committing crimes? How thefuck am I supposed to do that?

Uh....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225563 Apr 18, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>If ignorance were bliss you'd be happier.
You're the expert on it, I'll have to take your word for it.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225564 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If you're going to quote me, at least to get it right.
I shared the truth with you, that on a worldwide scale Christianity is on the rise. In fact, it's rising faster than the world's population.
America isn't the world, you know...
Worldwide means extending or existing throughout the world which by necessity would include the United States. Your junior high rationalisation is getting old.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#225565 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about wealth or prosperity, I'm talking about family life. Specifically, American family life and how it's changed as religiosity in America slowly declines. In my opinion, the family structure in America has declined right along with it.
rug abuse hTeen pregnancies are up, sexually-transmitted diseases spread like wildfire, divorce rates are up, unmarried couples living together are up, unmarried couples having children are up, the number of single mothers is up, violent crime is up, the amount of abortions being done is up, das become nearly uncontrollable.
Do you know what's gone down? SAT scores.
Go figure.
You can't blame the problems you see regarding family life on religiosity unless you can identify that other countries are experiencing the same problem and for the same reason, if they are; irreligiosity cannot be blamed unless it can be demonstrated that the same problems exist in other countries - and particularly other wealthy countries, since it is a fair basis on which to compare.

Perhaps you need to do an in depth research on the effects of irreligiosity on family life in other countries to satisfy your complaint. Show us where those other wealthy countries have had a corresponding decline in family life/values. Show us where those countries' " teen pregnancies are up, sexually-transmitted diseases spread like wildfire, divorce rates are up, unmarried couples living together are up, unmarried couples having children are up, the number of single mothers is up, violent crime is up, the amount of abortions being done is up, das become nearly uncontrollable.
Do you know what's gone down? SAT scores."

I think you're seeing problems in America that exist, but placing blame in the wrong place.

SAT scores? Did you notice in the links I gave you that (equivalent) SAT scores are way up?

I believe you're mistaken as to the "why" of things.

Here's another handy list - you'll see that irreligious countries listed previously are the same.

http://www.gfmag.com/component/content/articl...
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225566 Apr 18, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I had 5 Christians beat false witness against me. Likely all six.
From that statistic, if say that not many, if any, Christians care much for what the bible demands.
What would cause five people to join ranks and make false accusations against a outstanding, hard working, and respectful co-worker?

Obviously the accused was not well liked.

Did these five co-workers see this accused man as belligerent, cantankerous, irresponsible, loathing, shrugging off responsibility, a rabble-rouser, derelict in his duties, and always blaming others?

We can only wonder.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225567 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>I laid out an explicit case demonstrating that taxing churches was not only correct it was a necessity and you throw out a cartoon in rebuttal. Well, Jack, your religion is a cartoon, so, I suppose, in your tiny mind, somehow that makes sense. How do you have such tacit knowledge of cartoons? Do you ply the children with them before you try to touch them, Jerry?
Implications from a deviant and deranged individual hardly makes any argument a viable one.

[tipping hat]

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#225568 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If you're going to quote me, at least to get it right.
I shared the truth with you, that on a worldwide scale Christianity is on the rise. In fact, it's rising faster than the world's population.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225569 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>No, duh. There are no claims that it can. It also doesn't cause a raft of mental illnesses like Christianity does. Please don't drown your children in the bathtub to save them from sin and get them into Heaven, Andrea.
It was very disheartening to hear what Andrea did to her children. What a tragedy to all those in her family & community.

If you are going to correlate her mental illness to her religion. Then you must consider Jeffery Dahmer Atheism in his mass murders & cannibalism.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225570 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>That's your rebuttal? Could your religion or its mouthpieces be any more shallow? So far, you've offered cartoons and simple insults about an avatar. What's next? Stuffed animals depicting planet-wide genocide by flood?
You don't have the intellectual capacity to possess a GED let alone a doctorate. I'd hate for you to be my dentist, as well. Your unscientific superstition does not lend itself well to any discipline where critical thought is necessary.
Put those pliers down, mooncalf, Christians aren't allowed to torture people in 2014. We stopped that in 2008.
It’s that freaking picture of yours Yosemity.

I’m afraid to ask you if that your real picture.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225571 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>You're a half wit with a dying world view. Your kind used to be dangerous when your priests held power. Now you are just an impotent featherhead, clutching your pearls and tergiversating for your pocket god. I'd laugh at you if I didn't pity you. You dismiss this life for some notional, phantasmal eternity that you have composed between your ears.
Psst, Hammurabi wasn't Italian, mezza finnocio. The best advice in the Bible allows you to flush the Bible. Put away childish things. There is nothing more childish than fear of retribution or solace of reward from an imaginary friend. You can pine for the monotony of eternity without stimulation. Those of us that have put away childish things will just point and laugh.
You put away childish things?

Yet you have a freakish family picture of Dr Frankenstein’s son as your moniker?

With his mouth wide open as if he is experiencing some kind of deviant gratification?

And you have put away childish things?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225572 Apr 18, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride is undue confidence in and attention to one's own skills, accomplishments, state, possessions, or position. Pride is easier to recognize than to define, easier to recognize in others than in oneself. Many biblical words describe this concept, each with its own emphasis. Some of the synonyms for pride include arrogance, presumption, conceit, self-satisfaction, boasting, and high-mindedness...it is a grievous sin.
i agree :)

and being a critic and not cleaning your own backyard first is a mortal sin.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225573 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Your avatar is an apt depiction of your imaginary friend, Harvey. It doesn't exist. If I were your doctor, I would recommend immediate treatment as an inpatient in one of the remaining mental health institutions not eviscerated by the Astrology President. You'll like it there. Like church, you'll be surrounded by your fellow delusionists where you can imagine that all avatars are real depictions and not the bat boy from Weekly World News. I recommend the helmet they offer to prevent injury. Your skull is already soft enough, Beetlejuice, from believing in the religious piffle you desperately cling to.
How nice of you.[tipping hat]
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225574 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You put away childish things?
Yet you have a freakish family picture of Dr Frankenstein’s son as your moniker?
With his mouth wide open as if he is experiencing some kind of deviant gratification?
And you have put away childish things?
It's a picture of Bat Boy. Google it...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225575 Apr 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A person needs a passport to read about foreign countries? Huh....
No RR, you are right. Reading about something is exactly the same as having personal experience of it.

O_o

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225576 Apr 18, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>And you're still an insane creep. Shudder.
Wow, that wasn't a very nice thing to say about insane creeps.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#225578 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
i did not read your idiot post since you are a real idiot. why waste my time with someone way below my level.
thank you God for my:
big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my other achievements like:
4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger
in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)
You sure it was god who helped you and not the customers whos d**cks you su c k ed for money!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min cancerlost 10,615
There is no meaning without God 12 min Shizle 3
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 15 min Shizle 5
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min dirtclod 20,475
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 11 hr Anonymous1386 3
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 20 hr Richardfs 17
John 3:16 Mon Thinking 65
More from around the web