Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#225473 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, he started it. he called me names before. if he only stfu, i would been very kind to him.
anyway, that was the last one. as long as he zip his mouth, i won't bother him too. ok ?
Another functionally illiterate Christian. If I had a dime for every one of you, I'd buy Bill Gates.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225474 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments remind me of a quote in the Movie “SpongeBob Squarepants.”
Plankton said in a dominating voice he was going to take over the entire world.
SpongeBob said simply,
“Good Luck with that.”
I laid out an explicit case demonstrating that taxing churches was not only correct it was a necessity and you throw out a cartoon in rebuttal. Well, Jack, your religion is a cartoon, so, I suppose, in your tiny mind, somehow that makes sense. How do you have such tacit knowledge of cartoons? Do you ply the children with them before you try to touch them, Jerry?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225475 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice pic, I sure would hate to be your dentist.
I just wonder when you dentist takes a look inside, if he can see any stalactites and stalagmites growing from the upper chamber of the cave. Then of course there’s always the question of bats hanging around in there. Scary.
[tipping hat]
That's your rebuttal? Could your religion or its mouthpieces be any more shallow? So far, you've offered cartoons and simple insults about an avatar. What's next? Stuffed animals depicting planet-wide genocide by flood?

You don't have the intellectual capacity to possess a GED let alone a doctorate. I'd hate for you to be my dentist, as well. Your unscientific superstition does not lend itself well to any discipline where critical thought is necessary.

Put those pliers down, mooncalf, Christians aren't allowed to torture people in 2014. We stopped that in 2008.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225476 Apr 18, 2014
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the content of the post?
Nothing, but then again, what does Christianity have to do with reality?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225477 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher said he doesn’t follow the advice of the Bible.
He didn’t say anything about Mr. Hammurabi’s advice at the Salami & Specialty Cheese shop at the corner of Main Street and Dumbshet Avenue. Next time you are at Mr. Hammurabi’s store try to eviscerate the substitute for Calamari.
[tipping hat]
You're a half wit with a dying world view. Your kind used to be dangerous when your priests held power. Now you are just an impotent featherhead, clutching your pearls and tergiversating for your pocket god. I'd laugh at you if I didn't pity you. You dismiss this life for some notional, phantasmal eternity that you have composed between your ears.

Psst, Hammurabi wasn't Italian, mezza finnocio. The best advice in the Bible allows you to flush the Bible. Put away childish things. There is nothing more childish than fear of retribution or solace of reward from an imaginary friend. You can pine for the monotony of eternity without stimulation. Those of us that have put away childish things will just point and laugh.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225478 Apr 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a garage door have to do with what's in the garage?
It's the opening to what's inside.
If I was his dentist I would have to refer him to a spelunking expert.
Your avatar is an apt depiction of your imaginary friend, Harvey. It doesn't exist. If I were your doctor, I would recommend immediate treatment as an inpatient in one of the remaining mental health institutions not eviscerated by the Astrology President. You'll like it there. Like church, you'll be surrounded by your fellow delusionists where you can imagine that all avatars are real depictions and not the bat boy from Weekly World News. I recommend the helmet they offer to prevent injury. Your skull is already soft enough, Beetlejuice, from believing in the religious piffle you desperately cling to.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#225479 Apr 18, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>I had 5 Christians beat false witness against me. Likely all six.

From that statistic, if say that not many, if any, Christians care much for what the bible demands.
They couldn't care less, most of them don't even know what it says.

The false witnessing is popular within christianity, they'll stick up and lie for each other no matter what.

Even if it's to protect a pedophile. A christian pedophile of course.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225480 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, he started it. he called me names before. if he only stfu, i would been very kind to him.
anyway, that was the last one. as long as he zip his mouth, i won't bother him too. ok ?
"It was his fault I killed him. If only he believed in Jesus. I'm not responsible for any of my actions or words. God said...."

Theism is a fool's paradise.

“The world is full of men who want to be right, when actually the secret of a man's strength and his pathway to true honor is his ability to admit fault when he has failed. God wants to fill the church with men who can say they are wrong when THEY ARE WRONG. A man who is willing to humble himself before God and his family and say:"I was wrong." will find that his family has all the confidence in the world in him and will much more readily follow him. If he stubbornly refuses to repent or admit he was wrong, their confidence in him and in his leadership erodes.”- Jim Anderson

Even a fellow god botherer thinks you're a fool.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#225481 Apr 18, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Strike a nerve?

Don't like freedom of speech unless it applies to you?

Your days of silencing us are over.

Finally...
They most certainly are.

Atheists will speak out.

Homosexuals, bisexuals and transsexuals will speak out.

Children will speak out with much encouragement and support.

Witches will speak out.

Natives will speak out.

All over the world.

The christians who don't like it, will just have to "deal with it".

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225482 Apr 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They couldn't care less, most of them don't even know what it says.
The false witnessing is popular within christianity, they'll stick up and lie for each other no matter what.
Even if it's to protect a pedophile. A christian pedophile of course.
Then there is Pat Robertson. He denounced Haiti after the January 12, 2010 earthquake, stating that Haiti deserved what it was getting because it swore a pact with the Devil back in 1791, in order to drive out the French. Cuckoo false witness.

Matthew Hale. Hale is currently serving 40 years in prison for attempting to solicit the murder of Judge Joan Lefkow. His church calls for a worldwide, racial holy war, to exterminate the Jews and all black people, in order to establish “a white world.” His reasoning: God is white; God created the Jews and black people to test the faith and resolve of white people; thus, killing a Jew or black person is not a sin. After one of his followers, Benjamin N. Smith, committed a deadly shooting spree, targeting only minorities, Hale “defended” his actions on TV by saying,“We do urge hatred. If you love something, you must hate that which threatens it.” Lunatic false witness.

Michael Bray. He served 46 months of a 10 year sentence for conspiring to bomb 10 abortion clinics in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D. C. He and his wife stand firmly on the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, and that because it preaches so firmly against homosexuality and adultery, then upon being convicted of either in a court of law, the guilty party should be put to death. Terroristic false witness.

Father Charles Edward Coughlin was a priest who used the radio to acquire a large audience for his political and religious propaganda. In 1936, he started praising and defending both Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini for their politics, and spewing some of the most despicable virulence against Jews to which the world had borne witness up to that point.He blamed the Great Depression on “an international conspiracy of Jewish bankers,” then blamed Communism, the Russian 1917 Revolution, and Marxist atheism on “global Jewry, in its attempt to lead people astray from the perfection of Lord Jesus.”He plagiarized a speech by Goebbels, then delivered it himself in a rally in the Bronx, September 13, 1935, giving the “Hitler salute.” And this is what he said. This is what Father Charles E. Coughlin, SJ. said,“When we get through with the Jews in America, they’ll think the treatment they received in Germany was nothing.” Fascist false witness.

Christian hypocrites are so ubiquitous that even the internet could not document them all.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#225483 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Then there is Pat Robertson. He denounced Haiti after the January 12, 2010 earthquake, stating that Haiti deserved what it was getting because it swore a pact with the Devil back in 1791, in order to drive out the French. Cuckoo false witness.

Matthew Hale. Hale is currently serving 40 years in prison for attempting to solicit the murder of Judge Joan Lefkow. His church calls for a worldwide, racial holy war, to exterminate the Jews and all black people, in order to establish “a white world.” His reasoning: God is white; God created the Jews and black people to test the faith and resolve of white people; thus, killing a Jew or black person is not a sin. After one of his followers, Benjamin N. Smith, committed a deadly shooting spree, targeting only minorities, Hale “defended” his actions on TV by saying,“We do urge hatred. If you love something, you must hate that which threatens it.” Lunatic false witness.

Michael Bray. He served 46 months of a 10 year sentence for conspiring to bomb 10 abortion clinics in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D. C. He and his wife stand firmly on the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, and that because it preaches so firmly against homosexuality and adultery, then upon being convicted of either in a court of law, the guilty party should be put to death. Terroristic false witness.

Father Charles Edward Coughlin was a priest who used the radio to acquire a large audience for his political and religious propaganda. In 1936, he started praising and defending both Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini for their politics, and spewing some of the most despicable virulence against Jews to which the world had borne witness up to that point.He blamed the Great Depression on “an international conspiracy of Jewish bankers,” then blamed Communism, the Russian 1917 Revolution, and Marxist atheism on “global Jewry, in its attempt to lead people astray from the perfection of Lord Jesus.”He plagiarized a speech by Goebbels, then delivered it himself in a rally in the Bronx, September 13, 1935, giving the “Hitler salute.” And this is what he said. This is what Father Charles E. Coughlin, SJ. said,“When we get through with the Jews in America, they’ll think the treatment they received in Germany was nothing.” Fascist false witness.

Christian hypocrites are so ubiquitous that even the internet could not document them all.
True but we can certainly try.

I'm not familiar with Matthew Hale and Michael Bray, will do some reading, cheers for that.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#225484 Apr 18, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>well, der...
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
Religion is just superstition
You can bet your bippy it's superstition:

There are approximately 4,200 known religions in the world

(And All Of Them Are Bullshit!) Well......there might be something to cannibalism
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225485 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>Another functionally illiterate Christian. If I had a dime for every one of you, I'd buy Bill Gates.
i have 3 college diplomas you f****ucktard !!!

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#225486 Apr 18, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>i have 3 college diplomas you f****ucktard !!!
Another one of your inventions.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225487 Apr 18, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>"It was his fault I killed him. If only he believed in Jesus. I'm not responsible for any of my actions or words. God said...."
Theism is a fool's paradise.
“The world is full of men who want to be right, when actually the secret of a man's strength and his pathway to true honor is his ability to admit fault when he has failed. God wants to fill the church with men who can say they are wrong when THEY ARE WRONG. A man who is willing to humble himself before God and his family and say:"I was wrong." will find that his family has all the confidence in the world in him and will much more readily follow him. If he stubbornly refuses to repent or admit he was wrong, their confidence in him and in his leadership erodes.”- Jim Anderson
Even a fellow god botherer thinks you're a fool.
i did not read your idiot post since you are a real idiot. why waste my time with someone way below my level.

thank you God for my:

big bank savings
diamonds
golds
growing investments
and my other achievements like:

4 academic awards and an honor in high school
from high school to college an academic scholar
3 college diplomas
my parents, "Most Outstanding Parents of the Year" for having a son (me) garnering most of the awards in high school
perfect 4.0 gpa when i graduated my computer course
won 2 gay beauty contests
a supervisor or director at work
witnessed a real Miracle on June 30, 2011
applauded loudly after i danced solo during Christmas parties
also, many people told me i look 20 years younger

in other words, it pays to be a believer in God.:)

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#225488 Apr 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They most certainly are.
Atheists will speak out.
Homosexuals, bisexuals and transsexuals will speak out.
Children will speak out with much encouragement and support.
Witches will speak out.
Natives will speak out.
All over the world.
The christians who don't like it, will just have to "deal with it".
...Silly Billy...It's only in the Christian heritage nations , where freedom of speech is actually cherished and defended ..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#225489 Apr 18, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
I'm a recovered alcoholic.
And I did it myself.
Why do you feel the need to lie about things like that. And you KNOW you're lying.
I'll tell you why. Because you know you're wrong.
..Well..! CONGRATULATIONS ...!!

I think this calls, for a beer ..?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225490 Apr 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one of your inventions.
correct. an inventor is very bright.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225491 Apr 18, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Spring break is fine. A fall break could be implemented too, and no more days would be missed - since holidays waste time anyway - as far time lost number wise for the kids. If there weren't holidays.
Summer vacation is a given anyway.
Summer vacation is not a given ... unless of course you are only familiar with government school systems.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225492 Apr 18, 2014
wilderide wrote:

<quoted text>
Not good, reliable, object evidence though.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
As your assessment proves, you don't care about objectivity.
Good point and catch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 min Eagle 12 4,855
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Denisova 16,810
The Consequences of Atheism 6 hr thetruth 798
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 10 hr Thinking 3,045
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 10 hr Thinking 6,044
Is Religion Childish? 18 hr ChristineM 143
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response Sun thetruth 6
More from around the web