Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256648 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#225695 Apr 19, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave my father out of it. He was a better man than you'll ever be...
..phfftt..Oh , yeah ..??...Can he do this ..?

/i;m tyypihg wethh m,y penni s ,,

Since: Sep 08

Center, CO

#225696 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...A) wow..I feel I'm posting to f**king retards ...is , there a Atheist anywhere that is capable of reading a sentence , and actually understanding those words used therein ..??
for the umpteen time ....read carefully .." Death leads to judgement !!!" ...
whether or not that includes paradise or perdition ..it will be out of our hands ..
And , lastly "O G Kush" ....I have feelings ...you know ..
In answer to your question.

No.

Their brains are putty in the hands of others. They lack the spark to generate independent thought. Drones. Imitation life. No need to respect them as human beings. Although they will preach you should. It enables the agenda of those that produced them.

You are not on here to reason with them. It is impossible. You are on here to reinforce and coalesce your own thoughts to your own ends. They are mere props.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225697 Apr 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Their brains are putty in the hands of others. They lack the spark to generate independent thought. Drones. Imitation life. No need to respect them as human beings. Although they will preach you should. It enables the agenda of those that produced them.
You are not on here to reason with them. It is impossible. You are on here to reinforce and coalesce your own thoughts to your own ends. They are mere props.
I see you've mellowed a bit in your time away from Topix. How are you, ya hornery old coot?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Since: Aug 07

Piscataway

#225698 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and , to ride on "KiMare's coattails ..
Cosmologists claim the Universe began in a fraction of a second ; the sacred Authors claim it began with a word ..
Evolutionists claim life began in the primordial ooze ; the sacred Authors claim we were fashioned from clay ..
You are utterly ignorant about evolutionary science. Evolution is simply a change in alleles over time. It does not speak to origins. If only you clowns realized ignorance wasn't a virtue.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225699 Apr 19, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
In other words, you are the three monkeys covering your eyes and ears, but not your idiotic mouth.

"Can't let any reality get in while I spew all manner of falsehoods and ridiculous accusations", Dick Nuzzler

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225700 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..phfftt..Oh , yeah ..??...Can he do this ..?
/i;m tyypihg wethh m,y penni s ,,
That's redundant. Why are Christians always sexually sick?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225701 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...At the time ...fathers were the providers of the family , so it makes perfect sense ...
Presentism. Another logical fallacy.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225702 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Not much of the critical thinker ....are you...??
I see a pattern , you heathens take solely the opinion of 'one' man ..and , make it your foundation ...
There are other fighting men in this world , and they too have written books ....and , surprise surprise surprise , not all of them are anti-military ...
Not , to besmirch Butler ...but , given his history ...the man most likely had ptsd ..
Butler wasn't anti-military, he was against the obscene profit made by fat cats waging wars of convenience on the backs of our precious national resources, our youth. You decry others for not displaying critical thinking? Heh. What a maroon.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225703 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You give yourself too much credit , you haven't caused one theist to reject religion in your entire life time ..
...and , now you believe you could do it in a mere handful of pixels ...
Should I laugh , or pity you ..?
How can you make such a claim? You are making things up, Christian, but, that's what you do, right?

I see you couldn't rise to the poster's challenge so you dodge and deflect, lie, and tilt at windmills. Why are you afraid to accept that poster's challenge?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#225704 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...A) wow..I feel I'm posting to f**king retards ...is , there a Atheist anywhere that is capable of reading a sentence , and actually understanding those words used therein ..??

whether or not that includes paradise or perdition ..it will be out of our hands ..

Prove it.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225705 Apr 19, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already happened here in the USA. That is why Fundies are mostly in the Southern USA.
I agree, they are all around me, cant go to Facebook without a dozen "pray for me" requests or for some sick child, every check out clerk says "have a blessed day" instead of have a NICE day.

Help me please, take some of them back, or send some out west where there is a lot of empty space. Help, help.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225706 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my Heavens ....you're so stupid ...Being a man of the cloth , must be very lonely at times , If there were evidence Jesus took a spouse .....celibacy .... would , be abolished faster than you can put away a whole bag of Doritos ...( and , you're a fatso ...so , that's pretty dang fast ..)
YOUR DISHONESTY IS PALPABLE. I guess you missed the parchment they have authenticated describing the zombie Jew's wife.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225708 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..And , yet Christians do ..not...
It may be , we just interpret the Holy Bible just a little bit different than you heathens .....it doesn't make you guys stupid or anything ..just ignorant .
The majority of abortions performed and received in this country are by and to Christians.
Ah, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a heathen. I told you that you were dangerous. Thank you for confirming it.

Center, CO

#225709 Apr 19, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've mellowed a bit in your time away from Topix. How are you, ya hornery old coot?
Still hornery and correct in my observations.

:-)

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225710 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
*Judgment, you uneducated pantaloon. You are a dangerous, deluded monster.

Center, CO

#225711 Apr 19, 2014
No Shiite wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you are the three monkeys covering your eyes and ears, but not your idiotic mouth.
"Can't let any reality get in while I spew all manner of falsehoods and ridiculous accusations", Dick Nuzzler
My congratulations to your puppeteer. His choice of avatar for you is spot on.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225712 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I understand , he was battling depression ..
homosexuality is a disease .....if , you people could only think critically ..
Every single ancient society outlawed it ...and , brutally repressed it ..Why , won't you people ask yourself .....why...?
A dip in population numbers...?...meh...I doubt ancient peoples would heap such brutality and repression on the homosexual if that were the only case ....I'm left to wonder , just how factual is the Sodom and Gomorrah fable ...
You Heathens and Liberals ....have nailed the coffin shut on western civilization , and the sad thing is , you will all be dead ; before you actually all the damage you have wrought ..
The Greeks outlawed homosexuality? You just talk right out of your stink hole, don't you.

And Italian and a Greek were discussing whose history was the superior one. The Greek exclaimed, "We have the Parthenon!"

The Italian retorted, "We have the Coliseum!"

The Greek exclaimed, "We invented Mathematics!"

The Italian yelled, "We had the great Roman Empire."

This continued on until finally the Greek, smugly stated what he knew would give him the last word, "The Greeks invented sex!"

And the Italian shot back, "Yes, but the Italians introduced it to women!"

Why don't you come back when you have at least one thing you understand or know?

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225713 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible instructs man to rape and beat their slaves ...???
...Wow...how can anyone now , believe anything you write from this point forward ...?
Rape:

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Beating:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Yeah, it's an ugly book. Look at what it has done to you.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaah”

Piscataway

#225714 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....ahhh, I just my own investigation into the ' code of hammurabi ' turns out , you are a liar ....
the 10 commandment never reach such draconianism .
They never reach past thought crimes outside of not killing or stealing. Is this really the best goat herders could pass down to humanity as laws to follow. How about admonitions against war, violence, rape, slavery?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#225715 Apr 19, 2014
number four wrote:
Death leads to being dead, no judgement, just gone on to make way for the next generations, as nature has intended for millions of years. The only people who worry about a judgement are the Christians who wonder if they did just enough to get them through those pearly gates and to those golden streets and a mansion made just for them.

We are living creatures made the same way as all mammals on this planet. I haven't heard of anyone trying to save the soul of their dog, cat, pig, cattle or any other creature. We are no better than they are, but because of the unique structure of our brains, we think we are. We think we are so special that when we die, a magical creature is going to take us up to a place where we can live on forever.

Then there are those of us who recognize the truth and live our lives like it is the last life we have. Cause it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Richardfs 43,468
Good arguments against Christianity 8 min emperorjohn 250
A Universe from Nothing? 13 min Richardfs 633
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 1 hr Patrick 85
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr emperorjohn 10,133
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 2 hr Reason Personified 104
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr emperorjohn 21,254
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 18,732
More from around the web