Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#225338 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, you never heard of Tucker. Bwahahahahaha. You are a fool who tries to win by playing baby games. You never have one iota, one jot, or one tittle of relevant evidence for any of your ludicrous assertions.
Okay, so you blithely omitted the name of your vaunted reincarnation researcher so you could pull this nonsense. So, then it was his forebear, Stevenson. In any case, there is no credible evidence for reincarnation, no unbiased studies, no peer review, nada, nix, nothing.
If there were, you would be shouting it from the rooftops. There is no scam you won't believe. I can get you a good bridge in Brooklyn very cheaply or I can hook you up with a Nigerian looking to give away money. Bwahahahahaha.
I can beat you in a fair fight, an unfair fight, and an IQ test. You'd just rather make anonymous threats on the internet like some pusillanimous child. Here kitty, kitty. Come to Texas.
No, you were right. It was Euripedes. Dr. Euripedes.

You stupid sonuvabitch. I can run you down on foot (as I would have to) and then whip your ass without breaking a sweat.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225339 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. It's based on Jesus.
Praise Jesus. His design was so intelligent he put on foreskins so mohels would have to perform non-consensual mutilations on infants while suckling the blood from their newly shorn phalluses. It's such an intelligent design. Whoops, wait, not that flap of skin! What was I thinking? Cut it off! Ewwwwww!

Speaking of which. Who was Jesus' mohel? After all, Rabbis are scrupulous record keepers and you'd think after having that bright star light up your work space and being able to smoke all that myrrh, the old nebbish would have written something down about the condition of the Royal Peen.
Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#225340 Apr 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they let you out already, or is this the afternoon break?
Wished anyone dead today?

Location hidden

#225341 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You inadvertently admitted o me that it is not falsifiable. All you ever do is make ridiculous statements with no evidential backup. Your credibility is shot, like your sphincter must have been in prison.
I told you it was not "falsified".

Not that it was "unfalsifiable".

I don't expect you to know the difference. Talk about something you understand. Maybe jerking off?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225342 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. Yep. I love that you can plug anything into the designer's spot and it changes it not one iota.
I asked Crick to explain what a non-designed universe would look like. He said he couldn't as he had never seen one. He admitted, right there, that ID is not falsifiable. He is just too steeped in delusion to admit it. The Great Reincarnating Energy of Piscataway designed the universe! You can't prove it's not true! My hypothesis is grand!
Wait, but I though Buck said that ID was backed up by the scientific evidence. Doesn't he know that a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable? That's pretty basic stuff.

Hmmmm. This is really undermining Buck's credibility.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#225343 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is your goal then who do you continually push people away from it by your un-Christ-like behavior? You undermine your cause almost every time you post. Maybe it's because you are too lazy to do the things that Jesus calls on his followers to do. It's alot easier to call yourself a Christian than to actually be one.
Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Matthew 7:15-20 "“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
You are a thornbush calling itself a grapevine. The only one you fool is yourself.
quit stalking me YOU STALKER!

Location hidden

#225344 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. It's based on Jesus.
Thanks. That's the Wilderice we know - blurt out an assertion, get it knocked back in your face, then deflect to a different complaint.

All is well in Topix Atheist Land.

Location hidden

#225345 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, but I though Buck said that ID was backed up by the scientific evidence. Doesn't he know that a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable? That's pretty basic stuff.
I'm arguing with children.

What the hell was I thinking?

San Francisco

#225346 Apr 17, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Wished anyone dead today?
That's a pretty funny comment coming from a member of a death cult.

Location hidden

#225347 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Praise Jesus. His design was so intelligent he put on foreskins so mohels would have to perform non-consensual mutilations on infants while suckling the blood from their newly shorn phalluses. It's such an intelligent design. Whoops, wait, not that flap of skin! What was I thinking? Cut it off! Ewwwwww!
Speaking of which. Who was Jesus' mohel? After all, Rabbis are scrupulous record keepers and you'd think after having that bright star light up your work space and being able to smoke all that myrrh, the old nebbish would have written something down about the condition of the Royal Peen.
This thread has gone to the dogs.

San Francisco

#225348 Apr 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
quit stalking me YOU STALKER!
I'm not stalking you, fake Christian, I'm replying to your posts. Don't be deluded AND paranoid.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225349 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect you to know the difference. Talk about something you understand. Maybe jerking off?
That's not how it went down, Schmenge. Whoops, sorry, going down is a trigger word for you, eh, con. We never had that conversation. You inadvertently admitted it because you aren't smart enough to paint yourself in the corner.

San Francisco

#225350 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. That's the Wilderice we know - blurt out an assertion, get it knocked back in your face, then deflect to a different complaint.
All is well in Topix Atheist Land.
Sorry Captain Pigeon-Chess, but nothing but your BS was "knocked back in my face". Like I said, if you want to believe in ID, reincarnation, astrology, or whatever, go for it. But expect to be mocked if you bring it up. Sowwy.

There is nothing wrong with critical thinking skills BTW. You really should consider it as an alternative. It's alot better than delusion. Really. It will mean giving up the pretense of knowing everything, but it opens up the possibility of learning and growth.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225351 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were right. It was Euripedes. Dr. Euripedes.
You stupid sonuvabitch. I can run you down on foot (as I would have to) and then whip your ass without breaking a sweat.
You're too scared to even show your location. Come at me, bro. I'm right here in Fort Worth. You're a child.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225352 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread has gone to the dogs.
Aw, Widdle Fwaidy cat.

San Francisco

#225353 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell was I thinking?
Don't ask us. We've all wondered that about you for a long time. Your noggin seems to be truth-proof.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225354 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
He already has zero credibility. The Great Reincarnating Energy of Piscataway has spoken.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225355 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Falsify it, then. I'll be waiting.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225356 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Captain Pigeon-Chess, but nothing but your BS was "knocked back in my face". Like I said, if you want to believe in ID, reincarnation, astrology, or whatever, go for it. But expect to be mocked if you bring it up. Sowwy.
There is nothing wrong with critical thinking skills BTW. You really should consider it as an alternative. It's alot better than delusion. Really. It will mean giving up the pretense of knowing everything, but it opens up the possibility of learning and growth.
Notice how he won't give the name of his esteemed scientist nor did he offer any evidence. Just silly, delusional assertions. What a crappy way to waddle through life. Oh, that and pretending to be a tough guy on the internet. That's even more pathetic.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#225357 Apr 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck believes in reincarnation.
Or since he comes from the hills, "Reintarnation".

Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man center of the universe. 1 hr Uncle Sam 160
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Mikko 23,046
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr _Bad Company 1,110
Heaven 10 hr Reason Personified 44
Evidence for God! 12 hr Uncle Sam 51
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE