Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 240047 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225280 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be ashamed to be gay? I don't get that.
He stated he wasn't. You're so dumb you think a Mexican border pays rent.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225281 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The history I'm referring to is written in black ink on white parchment by the original authors.
Nice try.
But you're lying about it. The Declaration of Independence is not a code of t
Laws, The Constitution of the United States of America is. No gods in there. No masters. No lords. We The People. The People.

Gods? Nope. Religion? Can't create any laws establishing it. Everyone deserves equal protection. There shall be no religious test for office! Whoop. No gods. No lords. No masters. Written on vellum with iron gall ink.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#225282 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Not good, reliable, object evidence though.
Would evidence derived from an M.D. at an American research university, 10 years as department head of psychiatry, 20 years as research professor, gathered over 40 years in 5 different countries, authoring 300 papers and 14 books on the subject, exposing data to rigorous scientific standards carry any weight at all?

Nah, probably not.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225283 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what ID is. You know less than zero about it. If you had never heard of the term, you would be more knowledgeable about it than you are now.
I know what it is. It has been proven in court what it is, and you, the pusillanimous internet tough guy have already admitted that it is not falsifiable, and therefore, as useless as your internet threats.

You're about as sharp as a pile of wet liver.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#225284 Apr 17, 2014
Ar aR wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even Washington's Birthday?!
Not even Spring Break?!
Dude...
Spring break is fine. A fall break could be implemented too, and no more days would be missed - since holidays waste time anyway - as far time lost number wise for the kids. If there weren't holidays.

Summer vacation is a given anyway.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225285 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
As your assessment proves, you don't care about objectivity.
Yet you have provided none.

Euripides summed up your response to Wilderide best: Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Your and RR's responses to any post can be summed up thusly:

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

&#8213; Bertrand Russell
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225286 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Would evidence derived from an M.D. at an American research university, 10 years as department head of psychiatry, 20 years as research professor, gathered over 40 years in 5 different countries, authoring 300 papers and 14 books on the subject, exposing data to rigorous scientific standards carry any weight at all?
Nah, probably not.
You're still not providing evidence. You're Riverdancing.

Location hidden

#225287 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>But you're lying about it. The Declaration of Independence is not a code of t
Laws, The Constitution of the United States of America is. No gods in there. No masters. No lords. We The People. The People.
Gods? Nope. Religion? Can't create any laws establishing it. Everyone deserves equal protection. There shall be no religious test for office! Whoop. No gods. No lords. No masters. Written on vellum with iron gall ink.
The Declaration gives the underlying rationale for rights. They were said to derive from God.

That's why they formed the nation and wrote the Constitution.

Tough luck that you don't like that.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225288 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, probably not.
Tucker? Tucker is not a research scientist but a psychiatrist. A biased psychiatrist. He thinks descriptive statistics can prove or disprove things. The Strength of Case Scale is meaningless and measures nothing but coincidences. His studies are NOT scientific, NOT peer-reviewed, and NOT credible.

Is there any fraud or hoax you won't buy into? Hell, even your inflated self-importance is a scam.

Location hidden

#225289 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>I know what it is. It has been proven in court what it is, and you, the pusillanimous internet tough guy have already admitted that it is not falsifiable, and therefore, as useless as your internet threats.
You're about as sharp as a pile of wet liver.
It is falsifiable. I said no such thing.

You prove my point. You know nothing about the subject.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#225290 Apr 17, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The better one you hope exists after you die.
There's no Topix in Heaven and no one for that addled brain to look down upon with derision to make himself feel momentarily superior. He's going to hate it there.

Location hidden

#225291 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You're still not providing evidence. You're Riverdancing.
I didn't propose that I was providing evidence.

I asked a question about the nature of evidence and objectivity.

Thanks for pointing out my failure to do something I didn't attempt to do.

Moron.

Location hidden

#225292 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Tucker? Tucker is not a research scientist but a psychiatrist. A biased psychiatrist. He thinks descriptive statistics can prove or disprove things. The Strength of Case Scale is meaningless and measures nothing but coincidences. His studies are NOT scientific, NOT peer-reviewed, and NOT credible.
Is there any fraud or hoax you won't buy into? Hell, even your inflated self-importance is a scam.
Who the hell is Tucker?

I never heard of him.

Boy, you look stupid, huh?

You know why you look stupid?

Because you are stupid.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225293 Apr 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I neither mistook nor assumed anything Redneck.
>YOU< said that God would ask for a personal account of your life on JUDGEMENT DAY son, not me.
Well kid, it sure as all hell did not, nor would not frighten me.
It has not and will not sober me. I can do that already myself.
I already am humble when and where appropriate.
I have all the reassurance I need already.
AND
If there is no need to judge us ... as you say in your first sentence ... then intelligent folks want to know why you say it is needed to frighten, sober, humble, and reassure us, in your very next sentence.
Seems to me that the prodigal son's father had a better feel for love than how you describe your God's love through a "judgment" rather than a simple gesture of open arms and a big hug and welcome home embrace.
<smile>
The judgement is meant to remind us that we will have to answer for what we do in life. The judgment isn't for God, it's for us.

Look at how societies act without God, look at the cesspool of a place America has become without God prevalent in society. People that don't believe in God don't even consider eternal judgement so there's nothing to control their actions or curb their every whim.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225294 Apr 17, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, probably not.
Oh, well if he is has a PhD AND wrote books then it must be true. LOL! You are such a sucker for the appeal to authority fallacy, aren't ya Buck?

But I do find the "exposing data to rigorous scientific standards" part intriguing. Please elaborate on that part. What was the result of the peer review process when his papers were published in scientific journals?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225295 Apr 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We just live in worlds that are so different.
I give my employees lots of flexibility.
You're like in the military.
Oh ok.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225296 Apr 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck believes in reincarnation.
That's nice.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225297 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't believe in prior lives or future lives.
Even if my friend Bill says otherwise.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
I see. So you now recant your words concerning your own life after death and judgment day?
Ya know Redneck, I really do not give a rat's patoot what you believe, but it seems like a good idea to me to at least remain consistent in your claims. After all, it's your own life/lives with which you toy.
When talking about past, present and future lives, we are talking about reincarnation. That's something I do not believe in.

So I don't know what you mean by I recanted my own words.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225298 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasup seems to think I should be.*shrugs* He is a bit messed up in the sexuality dept. if you haven't noticed. ;)
Yes, I've totally noticed. If you don't want to answer me, I understand. No worries.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#225299 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Because that hope is not atheism as a motivator but as a result, knucklehead.

Oh.

Atheism is not hope. Atheism is a motivator.

Did atheism motivate Stalin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr NoahLovesU 19,150
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr NoahLovesU 7,666
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 8 hr The_Box 139
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 12 hr Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 12 hr Reason Personified 14,660
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr Thinking 2,237
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Mon NoahLovesU 7,514
More from around the web