Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225418 Apr 17, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Or since he comes from the hills, "Reintarnation".
Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
Hillbilly 10 Commandments:

1. Ain’t but One God.

2. Honor yer Ma and Pa.

3. No tellin’ tales or gossipin’.

4. Git yer hide ta Sunday meetin’.

5. Ain’t notin’ come before the Lord.

6. No foolin’ with another fellers gal.

7. No killin’, sept fer critters.

8. Quit yer foul mouthin.

9. No swipin’ yer kin folks stuff.

10. Don’t be hankerin’ fer it neither.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225419 Apr 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
...a very, very long time, LOL!
But, he has evidence!

He keeps using that word. I do not think it means what he thinks it means.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225420 Apr 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay sheesh, let me rephrase the question since you didn't understand it.
Why would a person be ashamed of being gay?
He didn't understand you because instead of asking it this way the first time you asked him why he would be ashamed of being gay? That's somehow his fault? Man, Riverdancer, you are really trying to outcrick the other stupid hick.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225421 Apr 17, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not something I've researched, but an interesting thought.
I would suspect it's true if morbidly obese.
It's anecdotal, but go into any WalMart to research.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#225422 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>No, their model is that they take care of each other., we spend more than the next 22 nations combined on our military industrial complex and we don't tax religious fools and charlatans. Fix those two things and we could take care of each other, too. But, that would make Big Baby Jeebus cry.
..don't be an idiot ..American military might has protected much of Asia and all of Western Europe ....and , they took advantage of that ...they, don't even have armies over there ...

You ' can't ' tax churches , isn't that double jeopardy ....The money I tithe , has already been taxed ...I'm not a drug dealer , I get a W-2 .
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225423 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..The number one reason you reject the existence of God ....is fear...you can't abide in knowing you are being held accountable for your actions ...
Oblivion is the cowards way out ...
That is a ridiculous argument. If there were such a malevolent, immoral invisible Divine Dear Leader, believing or not believing would have no influence on the outcome. These tired tropes you Christers bandy about are some of the most ridiculous concepts proffered.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225424 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm gonna have to agree with "Riverside Redneck'.....besides , these ' names ' you posted ........you , do realize they are fictional ...like ..King Arthur..?
Boy , don't ' you ' look stupid now ..!
Marie Curie, Sandra Day O'Conner, and Amelia Earhart are fictional? You're a strange cat. Number four, is that mixing two number twos together in a loo?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#225425 Apr 17, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying Alcoholics Anonymous doesn't work?

Because you know that AA now has thoroughly non-religious programs for people in recovery, right? No mention of god at all...
No "god" or religion are needed for the Psychological premises of AA.

Location hidden

#225426 Apr 17, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you just stfu !!! your opinion does not count !!! you are a f****ucking RETARD !!!
Yep, this one is a christian as well.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225427 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..don't be an idiot ..American military might has protected much of Asia and all of Western Europe ....and , they took advantage of that ...they, don't even have armies over there ...
You ' can't ' tax churches , isn't that double jeopardy ....The money I tithe , has already been taxed ...I'm not a drug dealer , I get a W-2 .
Churches are the most inefficient charities around, with, on average, only 2% of the money actually going to help the needy. There are no double jeopardy laws on taxes, nitwit, otherwise you wouldn't pay sales or property taxes. Sheez. Tax the churches. The thieves and charlatans of Christianity, LLC need to stop being takers and start contributing to the wealth of this nation.

You missed the point on the military, but you seem to miss all points. Christianity has ruined your mind.

Location hidden

#225428 Apr 17, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Isnt he just so scawy! He is so scawy he is afraid to disclose his location.
No scarier than any average, ignorant religinut.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225429 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Christian heritage Nations ...we , have freedom , wealth , peace ...
Marxist nations , not so much ..
We have freedom and peace? We are currently involved in two wars. We have always been at war. Freedom. Did you notice that a year ago Boston had a military of its own? They put the city on lockdown. Freedom is an illusion in America.

A stump just called. It was mocking you for being so dumb.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#225430 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..< sigh >...We call them' intellectually handicapped '...now ..
just ..FYI...:)
he he :)
jake

Plano, TX

#225431 Apr 17, 2014
I wonder how much less we would need to spend on the military if there were no religion at all.

Location hidden

#225432 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..The number one reason you reject the existence of God ....is fear...you can't abide in knowing you are being held accountable for your actions ...

Oblivion is the cowards way out ...
It certainly is. How does being a coward, make you feel?
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225433 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You weren't denied medical attention ..
and , thank-you ....you just proved Christians volunteer , tons more than you heathens ever would ..
Where did he mention volunteers? My sister had a gynecologist try to get her to pray with him before a routine exam. Disgusting creatures, you Christians.

You keep making statements that "heathens" don't volunteer. Provide evidence of your assertion or shove it where your number two exits. Hey, there's some intelligent design for you. Put the playground next to the sewer. Divine Dear Invisible Sky Leader must have been a Texan. They built an unregulated fertilizer plant next to an elementary school and then were shocked, shocked I tell you, when it exploded. Idiots.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225434 Apr 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
No scarier than any average, ignorant religinut.
Yeah, but over here they arm themselves to the hilt. Like the bulletproof Popemobile, an armed Christian displays a serious lack if faith.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#225435 Apr 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..don't be an idiot ..American military might has protected much of Asia and all of Western Europe ....and , they took advantage of that ...they, don't even have armies over there ...
The money I buy groceries, gas and pretty much everything else has been taxed before I pay for those items, too.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225436 Apr 17, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he :)
This proves the euphemism for Christians is correct. Intellectually handicapped. Morally handicapped.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225437 Apr 17, 2014
They must have tied the Riverdance Twins back to their beds in the mental hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min Dogen 85,520
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 33 min Dogen 4,808
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Tue Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web