Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,784
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224999 Apr 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>if you and yours don't approve of me or my "behavior", there's a very good chance that i'm doing something right!;-)
Not nearly as good a chance as you think.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if you god and your Jesus DO exist, you're in for a big surprise.

And not the kind you'd like to think it is.

You may want to seriously consider changing YOUR ways.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#225001 Apr 16, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you were going away.
Demonstrates the quality of your thinking ability.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#225002 Apr 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you and yours don't approve of me or my "behavior", there's a very good chance that i'm doing something right!;-)
Why won't you answer my question? Does Jesus approve of your behavior on these threads or not? Are you afraid to answer? Or do you not care what Jesus thinks?

San Francisco

#225004 Apr 16, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly as good a chance as you think.
In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if you god and your Jesus DO exist, you're in for a big surprise.
And not the kind you'd like to think it is.
You may want to seriously consider changing YOUR ways.
...Unless one is saved by faith alone, in which case believers are free to behave as they like.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225005 Apr 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Demonstrates the quality of your thinking ability.
Demonstrates the reliability of your statements.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#225006 Apr 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>if you and yours don't approve of me or my "behavior", there's a very good chance that i'm doing something right!;-)
Wilderide is the jesus?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225007 Apr 16, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Its clear your mind is closed but for those that are open hear this. Many people in the church aren't Christian they are full of a system of religion or works but hate God. Foxes book of Martyrs gives many examples of people that were killed for not submitting to a church. They did kill for the false god they worship.
How many false gods are thee?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225008 Apr 16, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>...Unless one is saved by faith alone, in which case believers are free to behave as they like.
True.

But who knows?

Even the Christians can't figure that one out.

Location hidden

#225009 Apr 16, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Its clear your mind is closed but for those that are open hear this. Many people in the church aren't Christian they are full of a system of religion or works but hate God. Foxes book of Martyrs gives many examples of people that were killed for not submitting to a church. They did kill for the false god they worship.
Too much of a majority, you're all viewed as being under one umbrella now.

You're no better and you couldn't begin to even imagine the likes of my mind.

Your religion is dastardly.

Location hidden

#225010 Apr 16, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>...Unless one is saved by faith alone, in which case believers are free to behave as they like.
Pretty much. According to the myth's precepts, Hitler and Dahmer are in heaven right now.

San Francisco

#225011 Apr 16, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilderide is the jesus?
Trust me, I am not a Jewish zombie.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#225012 Apr 16, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>How many false gods are thee?
<there>

Location hidden

#225013 Apr 16, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me, I am not a Jewish zombie.
Lol. Wasssshole seems to think(?) so.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225014 Apr 16, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad we both agree on the need for a secular politics and human rights. So what's with the bigotry?...
<quoted text>I don't feel love?
Speaks for itself. We're all human beings. Some are superstitious and some aren't. That's all.
Religion = superstition
A poll in 2012 suggested only 54% of USAmericans would vote for a President who wasn't a believer...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155285/atheists-mu...
When you allege bigotry, what specifically are you referring to?
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#225015 Apr 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
does this mean that you would support sending my types to concentration camps for inihilation if a leader emerged and began to do so? rhetorical quesion;-)
Ever think about volunteering for a good cause?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225016 Apr 16, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, no, you don't count secular organizations, even though they may be founded and run by non-religious people. Which makes me wonder how you differentiate a non-religious person from an atheist.
My friend we all support government sanctioned secular organizations through our local, state and federal tax dollars.

Like for example the County or State Hospital where you live.

Now you bring up a good discussion point. A non-religious person or Atheist? I would say for example a non-religious person would be someone like Bill Gates. He has never declared he is an Atheist. He doesn’t promote Atheism in any fashion.

He is just a non-religious person that doesn’t put any thought into any religion or Atheism for that matter. Bill Maher for example is an Atheist. He believes in Atheism and promotes Atheism. Big difference between him and Bill Gates.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225017 Apr 16, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope to see the end of christianity in my life time
atheism gives me this hope
Tyranny? Suppression of freedom?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225018 Apr 16, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
My realistic belief is that religion holds no satisfactory answers or practical knowledge.
My realistic belief is that only by seeking truth and knowledge in an objective and open minded manner can either be approached.
My realistic belief is that people mired in religion are incapable of approaching truth or knowledge as long as they choose to remain mired in what can only be mythology.
Then why cling to atheism? It holds no answers, has no practical knowledge, does not seek truth, does not teach you to be open-minded. The only thing atheism might teach you (laughs) is that the Christian God doesn't exist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#225019 Apr 16, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My realistic belief is that religion holds no satisfactory answers or practical knowledge.
My realistic belief is that only by seeking truth and knowledge in an objective and open minded manner can either be approached.
My realistic belief is that people mired in religion are incapable of approaching truth or knowledge as long as they choose to remain mired in what can only be mythology.
How do you account for all the Scientific achievements by Christian, Jews and people of faith which includes the man who fathered the Scientific Method?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225020 Apr 16, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism promises nothing.
It is merely the lack of belief in the supernatural.
That's not what the First Church of Atheism teaches you...

It teaches you to hold onto your beliefs.

http://firstchurchofatheism.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min ChristineM 18,503
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 30 min Patrick 2,001
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 4 hr thetruth 155
News The Consequences of Atheism 4 hr ChristineM 1,269
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr DebraE 14,566
News Confessions of a black atheist 12 hr Savant 340
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 18 hr thetruth 23
More from around the web