Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255500 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#225123 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but you atheistfuckers are trying to replace Jesus with Santa.
<quoted text>
No, but you atheistfuckers are perfectly fine with a Santa Claus play at a public school, but not a Christmas play.
<quoted text>
You don't speak out against Santa because you like seeing him instead of Jesus at Christmas time. Don't you lie, admit it.
I don't want to replace "Jesus with Santa".

I don't think "Santa", nor Christmas should be promoted at public schools, or Valentines day etc...

I don't celebrate Christmas at all, so, you're wrong about that too.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225124 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Rocco.
How are we doing?
Well, if you're doing like me, we're just fine.

Capsize?

:)

OOOO!!- Three (3) sixes (6's) required to post this. Fancy that!
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225125 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Their still?
Whose still, Redneck?
There's their stills in Riverside, still?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225126 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah what the hell is going on with retail stores having Christmas stuff out before Halloween? Maybe they're going to be like the people that leave their lights on their eaves all year long and just keep Christmas stuff on the shelf all year long...
There, Siri spelled they're right.
Siri got rid of "their". Maybe she/he/**IT** can stifle some Christmas-mania. I even know some Christians who complain about how protracted it has become.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#225127 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh
I'm not typing, I'm speaking into my iPhone using Siri. I blame her.
Your attempt at humor falls very flat.

You refuse to take responsibility.

That's one lousy way to live a life, Redneck.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#225128 Apr 16, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
There's their stills in Riverside, still?
She was just a bootlegger's daughter.

But I loved her still.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225129 Apr 16, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Smokers (cigarette) need breaks more frequently than non-smokers.
(Courtesy of a former smoker, circa 2009. Big 5 coming up in July.)
You know what the non-smokers do on their bi-hourly break?

They go to the breakroom and eat.

Bunch of fatties.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225130 Apr 16, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to replace "Jesus with Santa".
I don't think "Santa", nor Christmas should be promoted at public schools, or Valentines day etc...
I don't celebrate Christmas at all, so, you're wrong about that too.
You don't think Santa OR Christmas OR Valentine's Day should be promoted at public schools?

I got to ask, what holidays would you promote at a public school?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225131 Apr 16, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
Siri got rid of "their". Maybe she/he/**IT** can stifle some Christmas-mania. I even know some Christians who complain about how protracted it has become.
Ya, I'm one of them.

Let me talk to Siri, see if she can put an end to Christmas decorations coming out before Halloween.

RR: "Hello, Siri."
Siri: "Hello, Master."
RR: "Can you help us in stifling Christmas decorations before Halloween?"
Siri: " Would you like to search the web for 'can you help us in stifling Christmas decorations before Halloween'"?

Bitch is useless....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225132 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attempt at humor falls very flat.
You refuse to take responsibility.
That's one lousy way to live a life, Redneck.
Pffft

I'm talking into my iPhone right now. Sometimes Siri mistakes words, there and their are pretty common. My only mistake is not proofreading well enough.

There, how's that for responsibility?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225133 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think Santa OR Christmas OR Valentine's Day should be promoted at public schools?
I got to ask, what holidays would you promote at a public school?
Groundhog Day...
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225134 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how atheism gives a person hope. Go.
(Hope for what?)
Health, happiness, family structure, a brighter future, etc.
You know, the exact opposite of the nothingness that atheism teaches.
What? What utter nonsense. I have health. I have happiness. I have a family. I have a bright present and who knows what fate the future holds?

You're a strange cat. 24/7 on Topix. A smoker. And you claim to have health and happiness and a solid family structure and it's all because of Christianity.

Atheism doesn't teach anything. You've fallen for the second silliest propaganda your immoral dogma teaches. The first is the immoral dogma itself and the second is that anyone that doesn't swallow the exact same brand is a nihilist or evil or an enemy or deserves torture or deserves to perish or whatever nonsense you are afraid to reveal from your specific brand of Christianity, Inc.

Please tell me again how Christianity improves the breed, because, you're a weirdo.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#225135 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I'm one of them.
Let me talk to Siri, see if she can put an end to Christmas decorations coming out before Halloween.
RR: "Hello, Siri."
Siri: "Hello, Master."
RR: "Can you help us in stifling Christmas decorations before Halloween?"
Siri: " Would you like to search the web for 'can you help us in stifling Christmas decorations before Halloween'"?
Bitch is useless....
Is your misogyny a symptom of your immoral dogma or what drew you to it?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225136 Apr 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Is your misogyny a symptom of your immoral dogma or what drew you to it?
When I realized that men are much more superior to women, my misogyny blossomed...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225137 Apr 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>What? What utter nonsense. I have health. I have happiness. I have a family. I have a bright present and who knows what fate the future holds?
You're a strange cat. 24/7 on Topix. A smoker. And you claim to have health and happiness and a solid family structure and it's all because of Christianity.
Atheism doesn't teach anything. You've fallen for the second silliest propaganda your immoral dogma teaches. The first is the immoral dogma itself and the second is that anyone that doesn't swallow the exact same brand is a nihilist or evil or an enemy or deserves torture or deserves to perish or whatever nonsense you are afraid to reveal from your specific brand of Christianity, Inc.
Please tell me again how Christianity improves the breed, because, you're a weirdo.
Okay good, so you understand what hope it is.

What hope does atheism bring you?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#225138 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffft
I'm talking into my iPhone right now. Sometimes Siri mistakes words, there and their are pretty common. My only mistake is not proofreading well enough.
There, how's that for responsibility?
Typical for you.

Lame.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#225139 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You don't think Santa OR Christmas OR Valentine's Day should be promoted at public schools?

I got to ask, what holidays would you promote at a public school?
Anon wrote:
Groundhog Day...
EGADS!

You would teach superstition to our youth?!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#225140 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You don't think Santa OR Christmas OR Valentine's Day should be promoted at public schools?
I got to ask, what holidays would you promote at a public school?
<quoted text>
EGADS!
You would teach superstition to our youth?!
Superstition?
Punxsutawney Phil is hard science...
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225141 Apr 16, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She was just a bootlegger's daughter.
But I loved her still.
Did you ever get a still photo of her?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#225142 Apr 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what the non-smokers do on their bi-hourly break?
They go to the breakroom and eat.
Bunch of fatties.
All-inclusive doesn't work. Some didn't. Matter of fact, when I smoked the fattest people in the business were smoking with me.

I felt out of place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Richardfs 34,213
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 min emperorjohn 4,468
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 31 min emperorjohn 168
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 37 min emperorjohn 54
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 47 min emperorjohn 109
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 14,850
News Is Atheism Just a Religion In Disguise? (Feb '08) 2 hr thetruth 43
More from around the web