Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239450 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224886 Apr 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> He messed up, he missed you..lol
Bucks insanity is only rivaled by RR's pathological lying.

"Stalin murdered almost everyone in Eurasia !" - Buck
"You're right Buck and Isaiah prophesied it!" - RR
Ar aR

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#224887 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All those things were done by the Greeks 500 years before Jesus was born.
Negative.

Orphanages were founded by the Orthodox Church in the 1st century.

Dumb ass troll.
Ar aR

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#224888 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
The Greeks had both of those 500 years before Jesus was born.
"I just make shit up and call it truth. I learned it from the Bible." - RR
Yes, you think the Greeks had everything 500 years before.

Dumb ass troll.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#224889 Apr 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
ďthere are few atheist charities because there are so few atheists.Ē
Some believe the Atheist population in the United States is 6% of the general population. That would mean thereís 19,000,000 Atheist. Yes a small number compared to the overall population.
But if each Atheist donated every year $100 to an predominately Atheist Charity to fund hospitals and help make sizable donations to the Red Cross for example. That would be about a donation of about two billion dollars per year. That is a sizable amount.
But my good friend Atheist as a whole arenít known for their benevolent giving to their fellow man. Why is this? The bible teaches from the old testament through the new testament to help the poor and needed. Atheist donít believe in the bible nor see any good from it.
The truth my good friend the majority of Atheist donít care about anyone other than themselves. Most are skeptics when it comes times to donate to charity. They donít even give blood in massive numbers. All it would take is 15 minutes of their time to save someone else life.
Now itís important that you understand there are some Atheist that do give. But Iím talking about in serious numbers. Thatís why there are no predominately funded Atheist Hospitals and other charities.
Being Atheist doesnít carry with it any desire or dedication to the charities. Christianity is different because Christians are benevolent and believe in helping our fellow man. We are taught this in our Bible.
Atheist donít have a Bible or book to guide them in benevolent activity and encourage them to be good Samaritans. They have nothing which is what they believe, nothing. And nothing produces nothing.
I'm sorry to make it sound so cold but Atheist don't care as a whole.
You lost every shred of credibility with "The truth my good friend the majority of Atheist donít care about anyone other than themselves."

Wow...
O G Kush

Ocala, FL

#224890 Apr 15, 2014
Out of the darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MED...
"The results showed differences in two brain areas associated with emotion and motivation - the amygdala and the nucleus accumbens. Users showed higher density than non-users, as well as differences in shape of those areas. Both differences were more pronounced in those who reported smoking more marijuana"
Ain't science grand?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleus_accumben...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala
The pot produces these changes. Literally shapes your brain. Kinda owns you. But you will think it is beneficial and you are in control.
There is a large body of research kind of proving emotional maturation stops when drug abuse starts.
Yeah, you are your own man. Yep.
Have some more potato chips and some more tokes. Too late for you to recover at your age.
You've been had, but you may as well die happy.
:-)
Been had?
I leave that 'been had' to the faithful obedient slaves to superstition. I prefer zeitgeist to polarization.

I have years and years of quality international cannabis sativa experience. Never "HAD" a dull moment!

I have had a very happy life so far and plan to die happy. I have no fear of death it's a natural event.

I think you need to study the movie 'reefer madness'.

You may call this your learning experience into the wonderful world of government approved propaganda.

Marijuana only adds to the pleasure of my every day experience.

I suffer no ill effects whatsoever, my business is successful, my employees are happy, I don't really have to work, I have all the free time in the world now.

About those potato chips...
Sudden humor attack!

From my hippy days
"Drugs will get you through times of no money more than money will get you through times of no Drugs"

< wipes powder from cheese puffs off fingers >

"what me worry?"
~ Alfred E Newman

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#224891 Apr 15, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are very few organized atheist groups.
Atheism is a lack of belief in deities...its not like we need a club to not believe in something.
So those who do nothing lie about those who are constantly involved in acts of benevolence?

What are you thinking???

Smirk.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#224892 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The earliest known institutions aiming to provide cures, that could be considered hospitals, were ancient Egyptian temples.
Cathedral schools began in the Early Middle Ages and were the front-runners of the modern university. The very first school to adopt an academic charter was The University of Bologna. Christian.
Tell me how atheism gives a person hope. Go.
The Greeks and Romans had advanced medical centers and learning centers.
The Modern University is based on the Roman education system.
All in place long before Jesus was born.
We even have many of the surgical tools from ancient Rome in museums and many are identical to those still used today.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#224893 Apr 15, 2014
Ar aR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you think the Greeks had everything 500 years before.
Dumb ass troll.
Get banned ?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#224894 Apr 15, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
This question is really too easy; are you certain you don't already know the answer?
All of the institutions that you mentioned can be found, next to or near , Atheist churches.
The real problem is finding where those godless churches are!
Atheism as a whole has no moral code or direction. Itís a belief that embraces nothingism. Thereís no code of conduct or benevolent duty with being Atheist. Nor is there any required standard of principles for them to follow.

The belief in nothingism produces no compassionate felling for their fellow man.

For example Atheist have no code of conduct that bans lying, deceitfulness, treachery, treason, false accusations, deception, theft to name a few. Some Atheist certainly are law abiding and good citizens. Iím just saying Atheism as a whole has no code of conduct.
Ar aR

Corona, CA

#224895 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Get banned ?
Nope.

I'll be back tomorrow to shut you down some more :)

Location hidden

#224896 Apr 15, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So those who do nothing lie about those who are constantly involved in acts of benevolence?
What are you thinking???
Smirk.
You're that creepy smirky/bazinga guy who talks in circles, never answers questions, and is obsessed with gay men having sex, right?

As previously stated, you should feel free to never respond to any of my comments.

Location hidden

#224897 Apr 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism as a whole has no moral code or direction. Itís a belief that embraces nothingism. Thereís no code of conduct or benevolent duty with being Atheist. Nor is there any required standard of principles for them to follow.
The belief in nothingism produces no compassionate felling for their fellow man.
For example Atheist have no code of conduct that bans lying, deceitfulness, treachery, treason, false accusations, deception, theft to name a few. Some Atheist certainly are law abiding and good citizens. Iím just saying Atheism as a whole has no code of conduct.
Again...that's because all atheism is is a lack of belief in deities. No rules, no guidelines, no code, no meetings, no clubs...

Seriously, this isn't that difficult.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#224898 Apr 15, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost every shred of credibility with "The truth my good friend the majority of Atheist donít care about anyone other than themselves."
Wow...
The lack of benevolent Atheist organizations in any serious numbers is evidence that Atheism is a self centered belief system. Atheist have no code of conduct or sworn duty to promote benevolence.
Out of the darkness

Westcliffe, CO

#224899 Apr 15, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Been had?
I leave that 'been had' to the faithful obedient slaves to superstition. I prefer zeitgeist to polarization.
I have years and years of quality international cannabis sativa experience. Never "HAD" a dull moment!
I have had a very happy life so far and plan to die happy. I have no fear of death it's a natural event.
I think you need to study the movie 'reefer madness'.
You may call this your learning experience into the wonderful world of government approved propaganda.
Marijuana only adds to the pleasure of my every day experience.
I suffer no ill effects whatsoever, my business is successful, my employees are happy, I don't really have to work, I have all the free time in the world now.
About those potato chips...
Sudden humor attack!
From my hippy days
"Drugs will get you through times of no money more than money will get you through times of no Drugs"
< wipes powder from cheese puffs off fingers >
"what me worry?"
~ Alfred E Newman
Uh huh.

No dull moments?

Lack of mental depth to interfere with the trip pot takes you on?

I would ask you to think about that..

but...

Take another toke.

Your diet doesn't sound so healthy, either.

BTW, crumbs in your LaZBoy will attract roaches in Florida. Big time. Not the type you smoke.

Location hidden

#224900 Apr 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The lack of benevolent Atheist organizations in any serious numbers is evidence that Atheism is a self centered belief system. Atheist have no code of conduct or sworn duty to promote benevolence.
Actually, what you said was the that most atheists don't care about anyone other than themselves.

I guess that means you believe that most of those 19,000,000 atheists you were speaking of don't fall in love, get married, have kids, have parents and brothers and sisters they love, have friends, etc.

Again, you lost all credibility with that one.

But the simple truth is, as long as you keep trying to make atheism an organized "belief system" along the lines of religion, you're never going to understand atheism.
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#224901 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The earliest known institutions aiming to provide cures, that could be considered hospitals, were ancient Egyptian temples.
Cathedral schools began in the Early Middle Ages and were the front-runners of the modern university. The very first school to adopt an academic charter was The University of Bologna. Christian.
Tell me how atheism gives a person hope. Go.
Hope for what?
IPSEC

Haslet, TX

#224902 Apr 15, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of rubbish. The Christian church is a bedrock of lying, deceitfulness, treachery, treason, false accusations, deception, and theft.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#224903 Apr 15, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...that's because all atheism is is a lack of belief in deities. No rules, no guidelines, no code, no meetings, no clubs...
Seriously, this isn't that difficult.
I would agree 100%.

Atheism embraces nothingism.

And nothingism produces no benefit to mankind, none.

No drug user has had a life changing experience from joining the ranks of Atheism. Nor has Atheism ever delivered or treated anyone who suffers an addiction.

Atheism has made no gains in medical research.

It has not given hope to the hopeless or feed the hungry.

Atheism has never healed anyone ever in society. They have no hospitals or Doctors.

It has done nothing for children or the homeless.

Atheism has never drilled water wells for the poor countries around the globe.

It has never built schools for the poor.

Atheism has done nothing for the better of mankind. It's not ever going to.

It has arrogantly criticized those that have done all these things through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Atheist Creed, "Me, Myself, and I."

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#224904 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Everything RR wrote in that post was done by the Greeks over 500 years before Jesus was born.
I know! Alexander The Great, for example, had a brilliant education.

He's a fckwit.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#224905 Apr 15, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are very few organized atheist groups.
Atheism is a lack of belief in deities...its not like we need a club to not believe in something.
Right, that must be why there are so many of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Atheism's fatal arrogance: The glaring inte... 1 hr Knowledge- 6
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr woodtick57 7,484
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr MikeF 19,075
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr Thinking 2,218
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 10 hr Insults Are Easier 125
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 13 hr Thinking 2
John 3:16 13 hr Thinking 2
More from around the web