Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224574 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor....
NEEEEEEE-YOW!
Right over your noggin.
But it wasn't funny. It just confirmed your xenophobic ignorance.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#224575 Apr 14, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The claims of your death are greatly exaggerated....
Just a trifle premature.
O G Kush

Ocala, FL

#224576 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Young puppy, I remember the days when a baggie full, not just an ounce, of decent weed was $10. And I was full grown up then.
Your enthusiam playing with your new toy is amusing.
Hardy a young puppy ! I wish! Thx anyway!

I have enthusiastically refused to consume alcohol and any addicting drugs whatsoever.

When acid was all the rage in my college days I refused to try it.

Unlike all other drugs that you mention - marijuana is a natural plant; requires nothing but to be left to grow and then wither and die.

I am fulfilling my duty by burning it up as quickly as possible and keeping it out of the hands of children

I've been hydroponically growing my own for years.60 worth of seeds from Amsterdam has produced a magnificent crop!

NO!
It's not for sale!

if you want some... to go to Colorado or one of the other states

I suspect you are way to bankrupt for a trip to Amsterdam or Portugal

< readjusts la-Z-Boy >

I guess you're than me - back in my day a four finger bag cost $20 on campus

Location hidden

#224577 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>More Christian self worship. Drunken Dave, Half-Wit Nelson is now claiming to be Yeahnoway's spokeswhore. His alleged message from Divine Dear Leader is that a poster he doesn't know is an insecure bitch.
Drunken Dave, you disgust me.
Disgust is something probably endemic to you.

Christine and I have had some discussions on here for a while. She is an insecure bitch or she is posing as one.

You are just another inflamed boil on the butt of humanity screaming for attention. Just with another name.

Gee, I almost miss dealing with things like you. I should have been a proctologist, or something like that.

Location hidden

#224578 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardy a young puppy ! I wish! Thx anyway!
I have enthusiastically refused to consume alcohol and any addicting drugs whatsoever.
When acid was all the rage in my college days I refused to try it.
Unlike all other drugs that you mention - marijuana is a natural plant; requires nothing but to be left to grow and then wither and die.
I am fulfilling my duty by burning it up as quickly as possible and keeping it out of the hands of children
I've been hydroponically growing my own for years.60 worth of seeds from Amsterdam has produced a magnificent crop!
NO!
It's not for sale!
if you want some... to go to Colorado or one of the other states
I suspect you are way to bankrupt for a trip to Amsterdam or Portugal
< readjusts la-Z-Boy >
I guess you're than me - back in my day a four finger bag cost $20 on campus
Sounds like you are dependent on pot for your intellectual prowess.

I live in Colorado.

Get out and get some exercise and fresh air. Flush your brain system.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#224579 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..ahh..Mr. always has an opinion ...
Religious ..are monsters ..lustful ..homosexuals ..greedy ..
Why , are homosexuals .....so.....persecuted.....by , their >>>> own <<<< kind ...???
Pastor Rick Warrens son committed suicide this past week. He was a homosexual.
Seems like being hounded by your own family, specially by your father, was more than he could take.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224580 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible has this explained ..in one sentence..." God can not act against His own nature ." ...Sorry , that you wasted so much time on this diatribe ...
ah , slavery ...was actually a blessing , when two inimical tribes go to war . What should be done with the losers ..?
Slavery was back then , what burning fossil fuels or consuming animal flesh is now ...a necessary evil ...( the Bible never exhorts anyone to go make slaves )
Yet you are unwilling to describe the nature of your imaginary friend.

Location hidden

#224581 Apr 14, 2014
Just a final observation of Topix atheists and a suggestion to them.

When you "study" something to become "learned", and "in the know", you have your head stuck in a book. Which makes it very hard to "observe" what is really happening around you.

You are directed to which books to read. The "proper ones" to be enlightened with. This also applies to old religious works as well as the new "scientific" religions.

Who does the directing? What makes them so much superior to you to do such?

As a physical being you are part of a larger system. A facet, not a something new and unique. Humanity is a derivative of foregoing processes, most of which we can't see from here. The universe created us, we didn't just pop out of nowhere. You have the "physical" linkage as well as the "mental" linkage derived from such. Mankind is a rutabaga with illusions. You as an individual is just a temporary localized collection of energy. There is a larger scheme of things to fit into when that localization is ended. That is the make or break for continued "existence" on a comfortable level. Let's say you have to think big and be able to fit into a new scheme of things. You can't do that believing this is all there is, and what is in it for you. It's a conditioning process.

When you are young you are cared for. That is when parents try to protect and prepare you. When you become prime you discover that others just want your money or your ass. You will be leaving this womb eventually.

Get your nose out of the books and look around.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224583 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I have to remain faithful to the gospels as they were handed down ...Hell could be in my future too ..
You seem upset , because I can't agree with you ....Does someone need a widdle hug ..?
Upset? You're a very strange person. Is that a symptom or a cause of your delusion? The Gospels were not handed down. They have been manipulated through time with each iteration transmogrified to help consolidate money and power.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224584 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I have to remain faithful to the gospels as they were handed down ...Hell could be in my future too ..
You seem upset , because I can't agree with you ....Does someone need a widdle hug ..?
So, that I find you morally repugnant for your stance on eternal torture for finite thought crime...You're really strange.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224585 Apr 14, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your observations, here.
Modern humanistic morality is superior in every way to that found in the ugly BuyBull.
The twists and turns of the Christer Watusi in attempting to justify that repugnance are hysterical.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#224586 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
I confirmed you are an idiot.
glad you're pleased with my response!
Fire one up and get over yourself!
This is is biblical as I get in I recommend you do the same!
EZ KILL
34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.
THIS IS THE PLANT OF RENOWN
http://91life.stickyguide.com/marijuana-strai...

But it does nothing for hunger except make you more hungry. So it cant be this plant. I don't think anybody knows which plant is mentioned in this verse.

Unless it was wheat. I got nothing against marijuana but it does not feed the land.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224587 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
I have to agree-- in spite of my disdain for all things Catholic, I do like the new Pope-- he truly seems to give a crap about little people.
A welcome contrast to previous ones.
Don't be fooled. While he seems less strident than Benny the Rat or Popemobile Paul (Now there is a rampant display of a lack of faith - a bulletproof Popemobile. It's as ridiculous as Christians carrying guns for protection), if there is no actual policy change then it's just same as it ever was. It's like changing Presidents in America. It makes little difference.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224588 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ah , I can see where you got confused "mtimber" and "number four " we're basically xeroxed copies ..
I concur Nihilism is more of the domain of my other arch enemies .....The Mohammadans ..
Other arch enemies? You're a strange cat. Thank you for proving that Christianity is worship of self.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224589 Apr 14, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>yet , child sacrifice is explicitly condemned in the good book , and you heathens seem to rejoice in abortions ..
Condemned? Bwahahahahaha.

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Murder is celebrated in your immoral book. That you call others heathens and enemies speaks to your mental illness. Who rejoices in abortions? You are sick.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224590 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
No-- you are 100% incorrect. Not only is child sacrifice **not** condemned? It's actually demanded of the bible-followers.
Time and time again, bible-god **commands** his people to go into a land, and **murder** everyone-- including the children.
But it's worse-- followers of the bible all too often rely on magic (prayers) instead of modern scientific medicine, when their children are ill.
And too often-- these poor kids **die** as result-- they are **sacrificed** to the bible's religion.
And there is **nothing** in the bible that forbids this-- in fact? It's **demanded** of it's followers.
So you are quite wrong.
Again.
And what of the infanticide, generally by devout Christian mothers, to prevent their children from being corrupted by "sin" and missing out on their imaginary Heaven. Those babies don't drown themselves in the bathtub.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224591 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgust is something probably endemic to you.
Christine and I have had some discussions on here for a while. She is an insecure bitch or she is posing as one.
You are just another inflamed boil on the butt of humanity screaming for attention. Just with another name.
Gee, I almost miss dealing with things like you. I should have been a proctologist, or something like that.
More Christian self worship. Is your alarmingly ugly personality a symptom or cause of your Christianity, Drunken Dave, Half-Wit Nelson? As your head is always up your ass, you would have been the perfect proctologist.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224592 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are dependent on pot for your intellectual prowess.
I live in Colorado.
Get out and get some exercise and fresh air. Flush your brain system.
You have to as your head is firmly implanted.
IPSEC

Dallas, TX

#224593 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
When you "study" something to become "learned", and "in the know", you have your head stuck in a book. Which makes it very hard to "observe" what is really happening around you.
You are directed to which books to read. The "proper ones" to be enlightened with. This also applies to old religious works as well as the new "scientific" religions.
As a physical being you are part of a larger system. A facet, not a something new and unique. Humanity is a derivative of foregoing processes, most of which we can't see from here. The universe created us, we didn't just pop out of nowhere. You have the "physical" linkage as well as the "mental" linkage derived from such. Mankind is a rutabaga with illusions. You as an individual is just a temporary localized collection of energy. There is a larger scheme of things to fit into when that localization is ended. That is the make or break for continued "existence" on a comfortable level. Let's say you have to think big and be able to fit into a new scheme of things. You can't do that believing this is all there is, and what is in it for you. It's a conditioning process.
When you are young you are cared for. That is when parents try to protect and prepare you. When you become prime you discover that others just want your money or your ass. You will be leaving this womb eventually.
Nonsensical word salad.

'twas brillig, and the slithy toves.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#224594 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:

Oh do tell us, un-revered elder, if we get our noses out of books; will we be as happy as you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 min TheHeadlines 22,213
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 11 min TheHeadlines 75
Stump a theist with 2 questions 15 min TheHeadlines 58
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 19 min TheHeadlines 4,093
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 33 min woodtick57 87
Bill Maher's "dirty secret": He's deeply religi... 5 hr Thinking 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr TheHeadlines 930
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE