Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256607 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224751 Apr 15, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Promoting credulity is not a good deed.
Founding orphanages, is that a good deed?

Opening hospitals, is that a good deed?

Feeding strangers on the other side of the world, is that a good deed?

Creating universities, is that a good deed?

Giving people hope, is that a good deed?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#224752 Apr 15, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it says several times in the bible to attend church regularly. The scientists I'm talking about aren't seeking recognition, in fact, most of them never get 'recognized' at all. Most of them aren't angry at god because they don't believe in god. Misrepresenting? They aren't representing anything or anyone other than the pursuit of knowledge. Sorry if I seem rude, I'm having an interesting day.
hon (mind if i call u hon?), church is where ever 2 or more are gathered to talk about God and if you know Him you'll want to be with others who do too at least every once in awhile.

second - you're talking as if you know all these 'scientists' personally and their motives.
just like there's gaytheists (yes, an applicable term that i made up for atheists who support the homosexual agenda;) on this thread who want nothing more than to prove God wrong tho they can't, there are also plenty of these egotistical narcisists in the 'science' community as well.

hold on to your hot ass cuz wasup gonna take you places of understanding that you never imagined existed.

i get silly/flirty with hotties, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater;-)

“Keep calm and use logic.”

Since: Apr 14

Los Angeles, CA.

#224753 Apr 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it's basically the only thing you do in church, besides licking gods boots.
<quoted text>
Reread your posts just prior to that one up ^there^ and then try and convince me again.
I didn't say 'in every church they lick gods boots', I was speaking from my experiences with my old church that my parents forced me to go to when I was little.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224754 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite telling of your character when you say that the people you disagree with deserve death.
Treason caries the death penalty..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224755 Apr 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When history doesn't fit your preferences, you just make shit up.
You're pathetic.
That is exactly what you and your fellow religitards do constantly.

Yes, it you are all pathetic.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224756 Apr 15, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it's basically the only thing you do in church, besides licking gods boots.
Those boots are hobnails and covered in 1700 years of blood and gore..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224757 Apr 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hon (mind if i call u hon?), church is where ever 2 or more are gathered to talk about God and if you know Him you'll want to be with others who do too at least every once in awhile.
second - you're talking as if you know all these 'scientists' personally and their motives.
just like there's gaytheists (yes, an applicable term that i made up for atheists who support the homosexual agenda;) on this thread who want nothing more than to prove God wrong tho they can't, there are also plenty of these egotistical narcisists in the 'science' community as well.
hold on to your hot ass cuz wasup gonna take you places of understanding that you never imagined existed.
i get silly/flirty with hotties, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater;-)
You're correct about church, but dude, it's just an online chat room pic, it is likely not a real picture of her (assuming that person is a her)...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224758 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Treason caries the death penalty..
Only in your mind. The maximum penalty for treason in the United States of America is life imprisonment.

Either way, you have not demonstrated how George W. Bush committed treason.

Do you even understand what treason means?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224759 Apr 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Yes, it you are all pathetic.
Lol, what did you say purfesir?

"it you are all pathetic"?!

Pure university material right there, I tell you what....

Los Angeles, CA.

#224760 Apr 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how you want to define 'church'. I hardly think 'gaytheist' is applicable at all, considering there is no homosexual agenda. If they are atheist, they don't want to prove god wrong, we don't believe in any god. At all. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Of course there are people like that in the science community, just like there are egotistical narcissists in the Christian community.
I would also like to note that your 'flirting', if you can call it that, is disgusting and doesn't make you any less wrong.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#224761 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus actually landed in Cuba and once in South America. He never landed on what is now US soil. He was always under the charge of The Crown of Castile.
I've also heard Haiti and Puerto Rico. Do humans ever really know anything? It gets very tiring. My father used to tell me 95% of what people tell you is bullshit. I'm revising that figure to 99%.

Los Angeles, CA.

#224762 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, what did you say purfesir?
"it you are all pathetic"?!
Pure university material right there, I tell you what....
And now we attack their grammar. Your mother must be so proud.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#224763 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct about church, but dude, it's just an online chat room pic, it is likely not a real picture of her (assuming that person is a her)...
i hear ya, but pretending can make an otherwise long day a lil shorter;)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224764 Apr 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Founding orphanages, is that a good deed?

Opening hospitals, is that a good deed?

Feeding strangers on the other side of the world, is that a good deed?

Creating universities, is that a good deed?

Giving people hope, is that a good deed?
It would be even better if they could do it without the religious hard sell.

Los Angeles, CA.

#224765 Apr 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i hear ya, but pretending can make an otherwise long day a lil shorter;)
Honestly, I've been accused of worse, but if you want proof, check out my youtube channel. I cover stuff like this all the time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JaclynGlenn

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224766 Apr 15, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care how you want to define 'church'. I hardly think 'gaytheist' is applicable at all, considering there is no homosexual agenda. If they are atheist, they don't want to prove god wrong, we don't believe in any god. At all. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Of course there are people like that in the science community, just like there are egotistical narcissists in the Christian community.
I would also like to note that your 'flirting', if you can call it that, is disgusting and doesn't make you any less wrong.
He's married, too.

I'm pretty sure his own god said something like, "If you thought it, you did it."

Los Angeles, CA.

#224767 Apr 15, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He's married, too.
I'm pretty sure his own god said something like, "If you thought it, you did it."
Hah! Lol!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#224768 Apr 15, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how you want to define 'church'. I hardly think 'gaytheist' is applicable at all, considering there is no homosexual agenda. If they are atheist, they don't want to prove god wrong, we don't believe in any god. At all. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Of course there are people like that in the science community, just like there are egotistical narcissists in the Christian community.
cuddle bunny (do u mind if i call cuddle bunny?)

many individuals don't realize that there IS a homo-agenda. at a base level for gay men it may just be getting sum quick stank on their hang-down; for gay women it may be getting together with other females to man-bash over a softball game. however, the big and diabolical picture behind the agenda is for the church to loose her freedom of speech and become more persecuted by the media than she already is.

btw - atheism/gaytheism is antichrist at its core, otherwise it would be its more objective and seeker-friendly sister - agnosticism:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224769 Apr 15, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin killed about 150 million in the name of not believing.
The entire population of Russia in the 1930's was 160 million.

"Stalin murdered 95% of the population of Russia" - Bucktard

This is always the way with these lying religitards, their lies aren't easily proven to be as insane as they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Census_%2...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#224770 Apr 15, 2014
JaclynNoel wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I've been accused of worse, but if you want proof, check out my youtube channel. I cover stuff like this all the time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JaclynGlenn
no proof necessary hon, but i'm very flattered that you want to be my new cyber-squeeze;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min ChristineM 18,653
Good arguments against Christianity 2 min Patrick 222
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 4 min ChristineM 779
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min emperorjohn 21,219
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 min ChristineM 10,077
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Patrick 43,354
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr u196533dm 596
More from around the web