Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#224595 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsensical word salad.
'twas brillig, and the slithy toves.
It appears you have some issues with neuron connectivity within your brain structure resulting in the inability to collate and associate information, which of course also affects your wit production. Such disabilities do interfere with imagination and abstract thinking that most humans are capable of.

Dropped on head as baby?

Drugs in adolescent years?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224596 Apr 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
According to a few, erm.. ah.. interesting christian sites, it most certainly is.
Arthritis comes from sin.
Sure. Sure.

Lamar, CO

#224597 Apr 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh do tell us, un-revered elder, if we get our noses out of books; will we be as happy as you?
Go walking through a cow pasture with your nose stuck in a book or to your cellphone.

You may not be as happy by looking around, but you will wind up smelling better.

Bibles and science books are both written by men. Mortal men.

You can be fairly assured of the accuracy of a book describing how to build a house, but once you get past that it gets iffy.

You can read all you want about rock climbing, but you have to experience it to know it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#224598 Apr 14, 2014
Just had an atheist knock at my door promoting his religion.

Not really.

It was a Jehovah.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#224599 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It appears you have some issues with neuron connectivity within your brain structure resulting in the inability to collate and associate information, which of course also affects your wit production. Such disabilities do interfere with imagination and abstract thinking that most humans are capable of.

Dropped on head as baby?

Drugs in adolescent years?
You say "such" way too much.

Lamar, CO

#224600 Apr 14, 2014
Such is nothing new, per se. It's a pattern type thingy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suc...

Try coming up with something fresh.

How's life been, Batty boy? Long time no talk.
O G Kush

United States

#224601 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are dependent on pot for your intellectual prowess.
I live in Colorado.
Get out and get some exercise and fresh air. Flush your brain system.
I see no need to do that whatsoever.
It looks like Colorado's economy is booming
Bet that pisses you off!

Compared to the 'brains' I see on display in this forum I don't think there's too much to worry about!

I own my own business which is quite profitable and do zero work! I collect the receipts and I pay my employees a decent wage along with health care including vision and dental.

What you need to flush is your faith

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#224602 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Such is nothing new, per se. It's a pattern type thingy.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suc...
Try coming up with something fresh.
How's life been, Batty boy? Long time no talk.
Hmm.

Are you Jamaican? Only "Batty Boy" is a killing insult there.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#224604 Apr 14, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Same ol', same ol'.

Christians still kicking me when I'm down.
Hmmmm...

Got a "no obscenity" message on that one. Must not be able to mention Christians any more.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#224605 Apr 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.

It's davey's term of endearment for me.

Lamar, CO

#224606 Apr 14, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
I've worked with some. I like Jamaicans. Real people.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#224607 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>I see no need to do that whatsoever.
Bet that pisses you off!

Compared to the 'brains' I see on display in this forum I don't think there's too much to worry about!

I own my own business which is quite profitable and do zero work! I collect the receipts and I pay my employees a decent wage along with health care including vision and dental.

You hiring?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#224608 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Go walking through a cow pasture with your nose stuck in a book or to your cellphone.

You may not be as happy by looking around, but you will wind up smelling better.

Bibles and science books are both written by men. Mortal men.

You can be fairly assured of the accuracy of a book describing how to build a house, but once you get past that it gets iffy.

You can read all you want about rock climbing, but you have to experience it to know it.
What makes you think a person can't do all those things as well as read books?

I walked through a cow pasture at a friend's property a few months ago, with my boys. There was a bull amongst the cows, as we went past, all the cows backed away from us. The bull, didn't.

My little one started to walk towards the bull, to pat him, like the delightful child that he is and the bull started lowering his head whilst ever so slightly, flaring his nostrils. He was looking at my baby in a way that I found to be unacceptable.

I called my boy back and angrily stared at that bull whilst hugging my boy. I didn't move.

The bull suddenly looked kinda bored, turned around and joined his cow.

Have a lovely day Dave :-)

Lamar, CO

#224609 Apr 14, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no need to do that whatsoever.
Bet that pisses you off!
What faith do I have?

I sound like a fundie? You got some perceptual issues if you think so.

I am quite familiar with Florida employers and businesses. Born and spent most of my life there. Why my son and I both won't do business with them over the net. Hard to find honest ones there. Florida is Carpetbagger Capital of the universe. Where I learned the realities of life and what is bullshit and what is not. At a glance.

There was a little over 2 million when I was born there.

I'm quite experienced at smoking pot. But I did it for recreation for a period of time. I outgrew it. Try putting it down and doing without it. Bet you can't.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#224610 Apr 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think a person can't do all those things as well as read books?

I walked through a cow pasture at a friend's property a few months ago, with my boys. There was a bull amongst the cows, as we went past, all the cows backed away from us. The bull, didn't.

My little one started to walk towards the bull, to pat him, like the delightful child that he is and the bull started lowering his head whilst ever so slightly, flaring his nostrils. He was looking at my baby in a way that I found to be unacceptable.

I called my boy back and angrily stared at that bull whilst hugging my boy. I didn't move.

Were you looking for teonanacatl?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#224611 Apr 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>What faith do I have?

I sound like a fundie? You got some perceptual issues if you think so.

I am quite familiar with Florida employers and businesses. Born and spent most of my life there. Why my son and I both won't do business with them over the net. Hard to find honest ones there. Florida is Carpetbagger Capital of the universe. Where I learned the realities of life and what is bullshit and what is not. At a glance.

There was a little over 2 million when I was born there.

I'm quite experienced at smoking pot. But I did it for recreation for a period of time. I outgrew it. Try putting it down and doing without it. Bet you can't.
I do.

Regularly.

I usually smoke a few months on and a few months off.

Right now, I'm looking for work, so I've been off for several months now.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#224612 Apr 14, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Were you looking for teonanacatl?
Lol, no. I didn't step on any dung either.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#224613 Apr 14, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think a person can't do all those things as well as read books?
If you really want to be impressive, go build a house as opposed to walking thru a cow pasture.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224614 Apr 14, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>So, that I find you morally repugnant for your stance on eternal torture for finite thought crime...You're really strange.
Not all non-believers will suffer eternal torture, some will just die. Did you know that?

Lamar, CO

#224615 Apr 14, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
Regularly.
I usually smoke a few months on and a few months off.
Right now, I'm looking for work, so I've been off for several months now.
Stay off a few years.

With drug testing so prevalent now it makes finding work easier.

Pot is a soporific. It deadens your awareness to things you wouldn't be if not using it. Kind of a tunnel vision thing. It is great stuff if not used on a regular basis. Been there, done that, been hurt by it, learned some hard lessons.

Life is best enjoyed by adjusting to it with your native chemicals. A little experimentation can enhance it. Too much will damage it. You can do the same with eating some foods.

Your thinking and personality will change over the years. Drugs interfere with that. Drugs are illusions, not reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr marlboro man 77,144
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 hr The FACTory 941
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 8 hr The FACTory 4,334
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr The FACTory 32,301
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... Wed Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) Jul 25 Frindly 291
More from around the web