Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
215,241 - 215,260 of 225,710 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

http://www.bloodlines.co.za/Articles-Spiritua...

<quoted text>
2.3 Fear, Stress and Anxiety

Fear is an unpleasant feeling of perceived risk or danger, real or not. Fear also could be described as a feeling of extreme dislike to some conditions or objects, such as: fear of darkness, fear of ghosts, etc. It is one of the basic emotions (*3). Fear inside a person has degrees and it's different from one person to another (sometimes it could lead to phobia) and if it's not properly handled could lead to social and health problems. Fear can be described by different terms in accordance with its relative degrees - terror, fright, paranoia, horror, or even a persecution complex. Someone in fear might loose consciousness of mind and might do stupid and dangerous acts. Fear can also be used as a powerful weapon, manipulating people in doing certain actions.

Anxiety, stress, fear, phobia and tension are often used interchangeable to describe one of this century’s most common problems. Anxiety has been called the official emotion of our age, the bases of all neuroses, and the most pervasive psychological phenomenon of our time. Anxiety is an inner feeling of apprehension, uneasiness, concern, worry, and/or dread that is accompanied by heightened physical arousal. In times of anxiety, the body appears to be on alert, ready to flee or fight. The heart beats faster, blood pressure and muscle tension increase, neurological and chemical changes occur within, sometimes perspiration appears and the person may feel faint, jumpy and unable to relax. Anxiety can vary in its intensity and influence. Intense anxiety can shorten one’s attention span, make concentration difficult, cause forgetfulness, hinder performance skills, interfere with problem solving, block effective communication, arouse panic, and sometimes cause unpleasant physical symptoms such as paralysis, rapid heartbeat or intense headaches.

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind..

John 4:18 -“ There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”

Isaiah 41:10 - Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

The torturous distraction of fears and worry hinder our relationship with the Lord. They get us all tied up in knots, opening up the doorway for Satan's further attacks of sickness and diseases. Lack of enough faith and trust can reduce one's life span and help bring about an early death.
<quoted text, snipped>

The link works.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though scientists can't find the "switched-off" genes that control dinosaur-like traits?
Huh...
"If you don't know something then it proves goddidit." - RR

ROFLMAO
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor sap.
Empathy factor is lacking altogether. After all, it is what he chose for himself.

Too bad for the minor dependents, though.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HahahahahahahahaaaaAAAA!!!!!
"Headaches come from sin"
You, m'lady, are a fuckinglunatic.
Says the fuckingparrot who's been tuning in to the Pistorius trial on HLN. A discernible pattern of yours, mimicry.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true. I've posted links several times offering evidence that Christian schools produce far more intelligent graduates than secular, state funded schools.
They choose to ignore that, they always do.
And claiming this to be true, you nonetheless opted to send your own children to those very schools that you regard as inferior.

What a father! Always choosing the cheapest way out, no matter how badly it shortchanges the kids. A real family tradition!
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed-- R.R. is a sad specimen.
He is a tribute to his sad little hate-cult.
Yes, even exemplary.

Especially from a nontheism perspective!
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
And old story (from 2012), but typical of your average Genuine Christian™.
That is one of several reasons why it's just another hate-cult.
I wonder if that "pastor" is still leading that church into sin?(hate) How hypocritical of him-- his own Jewsus commanded him to **love** his enemies-- not fence them in with the intent to **murder** them...
As you noticed from the post to which I attached mine, it is, sadly, a view held by way too many still.

Fortunately, the evolution of our society will eventually castigate them severely.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
One of many reasons why I'm self-employed-- my time is *always* my own.
:)
While certainly having not always been true, most of my working life has been as an independent agent or as the head executive of a company. I've never had the tolerance for cheats, loafers and miscreants, despite my otherwise pleasant demeanor.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true. I've posted links several times offering evidence that Christian schools produce far more intelligent graduates than secular, state funded schools.
They choose to ignore that, they always do.
What we have here is a failure to interpret intelligence.

< In my best Strother Martin voice >
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
LMAO!
You used "the faithful" and "thought critically" in the same sentence.
LMAO!
If these people could **actually** think critically?
They would not be religious, would they?
LMAO!
Many of those folks spent countless years achieving their exceedingly high levels of ignorance.
Let us not withhold credit where credit is due.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though scientists can't find the "switched-off" genes that control dinosaur-like traits?
Huh...
You are entirely ignorant of how DNA works-- aren't you?

Start with the subject "epigenetics" and get back to us, after you've learned a thing or three-- before you embarrass your pedophile-self yet **again**.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

Somebody has come along and given me negative judge-its on my preceding posts; matter of fact, I remember someone gave me some negative ones yesterday when I stated that time-theft from one's employer is a bad thing.

What to do, whatever to do?

ROFLMAO comes to mind!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you don't know something then it proves goddidit." - RR
ROFLMAO
Indeed-- RR is an idiot.
ROCCO

Desert Hot Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

And lo! While I was constructing the previous post, two more of my previous posts got negative judge-its.

ROFLMAO some more!

Good night, good people and flatulent dolts; each of you knows who you are.

(Give this one a negative judge-it for a clean sweep.)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
As you noticed from the post to which I attached mine, it is, sadly, a view held by way too many still.
Fortunately, the evolution of our society will eventually castigate them severely.
Progress is slow, but steady.

Eventually, the sad little hate-cult that is Genuine Christianity™ will either evolve into a less hate-filled version, or it will fade away like the German Nazi party.

Already, there is a marked diversion: if you look around, you can easily spot the versions of christianity that will survive, in contrast to the ones which won't.

Example: the theologically-liberal Episcopalians, who not only recognize that being gay is as natural as men going bald, but they both ordain openly gay people, and they marry them too.

Likely that branch will survive the enlightening of human culture.

The sad little hate-branches that RR follows? Just like the Phelp's of Kansas, they will die off slowly--but certainly. And become no more relevant than Druidism is now.

It's only a matter of time.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
While certainly having not always been true, most of my working life has been as an independent agent or as the head executive of a company. I've never had the tolerance for cheats, loafers and miscreants, despite my otherwise pleasant demeanor.
I despise cheats, cons and thieves myself-- for what else do you call an "employee" who takes a paycheck, but refuses to actually **work** for said check? In defiance of the mutual agreement, when he was hired?

But a thief.

Clearly Rancid Redneck is just a common thief, as well as a pedophile, a wife-beater and a generally all-around horrid example of humanity.

It's saddening to think, he shares 99.99% of the DNA with the rest of humankind.

I'd much rather share with our close cousins, the chimpanzees or the bon bo apes.... or even the cetaceans. A superior mammal species, if ever there was one.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What we have here is a failure to interpret intelligence.
< In my best Strother Martin voice >
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of those folks spent countless years achieving their exceedingly high levels of ignorance.
Let us not withhold credit where credit is due.
Indeed-- I've seen life-long alcoholics, with alcohol-damaged brains, with more mental capacity and thinking ability than your typical faith-head.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
Somebody has come along and given me negative judge-its on my preceding posts; matter of fact, I remember someone gave me some negative ones yesterday when I stated that time-theft from one's employer is a bad thing.
What to do, whatever to do?
ROFLMAO comes to mind!
That is a most excellent response.

Even better: ignore him-- such folk **crave** attention.**any** attention.

To deny them attention, is the worst fate they can imagine.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

ROCCO wrote:
And lo! While I was constructing the previous post, two more of my previous posts got negative judge-its.
ROFLMAO some more!
Good night, good people and flatulent dolts; each of you knows who you are.
(Give this one a negative judge-it for a clean sweep.)
Ta!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••