Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224493 Apr 13, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your observations, here.
Modern humanistic morality is superior in every way to that found in the ugly BuyBull.
yet , child sacrifice is explicitly condemned in the good book , and you heathens seem to rejoice in abortions ..

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#224494 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Look..I WAS THERE ....!!...
It doesn't matter where you were, girls still don't have dicks there either.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224495 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>yet , child sacrifice is explicitly condemned in the good book , and you heathens seem to rejoice in abortions ..
No-- you are 100% incorrect. Not only is child sacrifice **not** condemned? It's actually demanded of the bible-followers.

Time and time again, bible-god **commands** his people to go into a land, and **murder** everyone-- including the children.

But it's worse-- followers of the bible all too often rely on magic (prayers) instead of modern scientific medicine, when their children are ill.

And too often-- these poor kids **die** as result-- they are **sacrificed** to the bible's religion.

And there is **nothing** in the bible that forbids this-- in fact? It's **demanded** of it's followers.

So you are quite wrong.

Again.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#224496 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>yet , child sacrifice is explicitly condemned in the good book , and you heathens seem to rejoice in abortions ..
NOBODY rejoices in abortions.

NOBODY.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#224497 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
Abortion is NOT child sacrifice,moron,,fetus is not yet child

www.evilbible.com
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#224498 Apr 13, 2014
Abortion:

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention.“Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses)“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?
Infanticide:

1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of helpless "suckling" infants. This literally means that the children god killed were still nursing.

Psalms 135:8 & 136:10 Here god is praised for slaughtering little babies.

Psalms 137:9 Here god commands that infants should be “dashed upon the rocks”.

The murdering of children:

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#224499 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They try and justify their own hatred for their fellow man by claiming that their fellow man hates their deity.
Actually, that's right.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#224500 Apr 13, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Rosa!
Great, thanks. But finding myself quite busy right now, which is always a good thing.
Seems like someone is having an identity crisis with me and Catcher, lol!
That's cool.

U gave that Travis Morgan quite a serve. It was very entertaining. LOLOL!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#224501 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You're welcome to believe whatever claptrap you want to believe.
Keep it out of our public education system, out of our politics, out of our science and out of our laws.
How many people have been burned at the Christian stake because their CORRECT science went against biblical dogma?
How much farther would we be advanced if other great thinkers hadn't been afraid-rightfully so-of meeting the same fate?
Good point. Those weren't the days, my friend.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#224502 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Reading:
The average private school mean reading score was 14.7 points higher than the average public school mean reading score

Mathematics:
The average private school mean mathematics score was 7.8 points higher than the average public school mean mathematics score

And that's just grade 4. You can continue reading, unless of course you think a government website is an "apologetic link".....

http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/pubs/stu...
How come your kids didn't go to private schools?

Location hidden

#224503 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>You still pushing that lie, Buck ?

You sound just like Hitler.
He keeps spelling christian/s wrong.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#224504 Apr 13, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of those folks spent countless years achieving their exceedingly high levels of ignorance.
Let us not withhold credit where credit is due.
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224505 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY rejoices in abortions.
NOBODY.
Indeed.

However, the Genuine Christians™ do appear to rejoice at **condemning** women who simply wish to be in control of their own bodies.

Condemning people does appear to be the main function of christianity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224506 Apr 13, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is NOT child sacrifice,moron,,fetus is not yet child
www.evilbible.com
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224507 Apr 13, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
Abortion:
Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention.“Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?
Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.
Numbers 31:17 (Moses)“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.
Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.
2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?
Infanticide:
1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of helpless "suckling" infants. This literally means that the children god killed were still nursing.
Psalms 135:8 & 136:10 Here god is praised for slaughtering little babies.
Psalms 137:9 Here god commands that infants should be “dashed upon the rocks”.
The murdering of children:
Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.
There you go-- proof the ugly bible is supportive of abortions.

Location hidden

#224508 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That is one thing the Topix Atheist! really push:

"Atheism = intelligence"
I don't push that concept.

Intelligence has little effect on delusional tendencies.

However, given a choice between the dumbest Atheist in existence and the most intelligent christian in existence, or any truly religious person for that matter;

I'd choose the Atheist every time, delusional people are dangerous, intelligent delusional people get into positions of power and either fleece or kill people.

Your alleged god is a figment of someone else's imagination that you believe is real.

Location hidden

#224509 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Look how much you don't care.....
Polly want a cracker?

Location hidden

#224510 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. Godbot posts such as this:

"you **are** a pedophile

You also beat women

sick Christofascist."

Uh-huh...
Well, according to YOUR posts, these things are true.

Except for the pedophile accusation, I do not condone that.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#224511 Apr 13, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed-- I've seen life-long alcoholics, with alcohol-damaged brains, with more mental capacity and thinking ability than your typical faith-head.
Interesting comparison. I really believe that both are an addiction, of sorts.

Location hidden

#224512 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that Jeffrey Dahmer is in heaven?

Based on the facts of his atheist lifestyle, I would say it's highly unlikely.
But.. but.. the jesus! character forgave him.

He was a lost sheep.

Read thef*cking bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 26 min Eagle 12 - 32,944
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min u196533dm 81,542
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 30 min Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web