Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#224231 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem angry.
Think of the flower pixies.
Nobody has ever killed for a disbelief.
You're stupid.

(1) Every belief is a disbelief of something else. Every killing in history has been for a disbelief.

If someone kills for their religion, it is a disbelief in other religions or no religion.

(2) Atheism is not a disbelief; it is a belief.

"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist" -(The World Book Encyclopedia).

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224232 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>The crimes of atheism gave us Auschwitz, the Gulags, Nazi gas chambers, Cambodia's Killing Fields, Mao's "great leap forward" which killed 45 million in 4 years,...the list goes on.

Atheist fingers are too bloody to go pointing at someone else.
But Christians are squeaky clean.

And, of course, Christians killed for political power-never in the name of Christianity.

This whole argument is such a dead horse issue, just stop beating the poor beast. You're embarrassing yourself and you're too stupid to know it.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#224233 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The crimes of atheism gave us Auschwitz, the Gulags, Nazi gas chambers, Cambodia's Killing Fields, Mao's "great leap forward" which killed 45 million in 4 years,...the list goes on.
Atheist fingers are too bloody to go pointing at someone else.
You shouldn't talk to people with your finger in your nose like that.
O G Kush

Apopka, FL

#224234 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she shocked to learn that Obama thinks there are 57 states?
Or that Michelle won't let him smoke?
Nothing surprises me where our corrupt politicians were concerned.

Our country's elections amount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. We can't vote our government back to us. A peaceful, people's revolution is the only way we can take back our government.

The multi-billion dollar business of buying and selling political influence (currently the driving engine of our government) must be overthrown, repudiated and thoroughly replaced if democracy is to survive in America.

This massive influence-peddling scam must become our number one political issue because it underlies and thus greatly affects all other issues.

If we don't get big money out of our politics, our democracy and our standard of living will continue to decline and surely we'll take the rest of the world down with us.

These is a word for this: oligarchy
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#224235 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever killed for a disbelief in flower pixies.
Laura wouldn't let W take out the trash but she didn't stand in his way when he executed a totally unnecessary oil war 10,000 miles away. Shucks.....no big deal. 4500 young Americans killed, 35,000 seriously wounded, 150,000 Iraqi's killed and over 2 million left their lifetime possessions and accumulations behind and fled to Jordan and Syria. There had never been a suicide bombing in Iraq until after we invaded them....Only cost us a trillion dollars borrowed from foreign banks to put on that little show.....a bargain at twice the price.
O G Kush

Apopka, FL

#224236 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid.
(1) Every belief is a disbelief of something else. Every killing in history has been for a disbelief.
If someone kills for their religion, it is a disbelief in other religions or no religion.
(2) Atheism is not a disbelief; it is a belief.
"Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist" -(The World Book Encyclopedia).
It's time to surrender your premier copy of the encyclopedia Moronica !

STUPID = BUCK CRICK

The position of the atheist is that the theist has not successfully met his or her burden of proof.

Proof, with regard to gods rests solely with the side claiming their existence.

When phrased to focus on faith, the claim typically centers on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of atheism.

They have erroneously convinced themselves that atheism means absolute certainty that no gods exist.

They reason that to be absolutely certain without proof is a form of faith.

Atheism is not about certainty at all; it is about doubt.

Now say your rosary and be a good little Christian
O G Kush

Apopka, FL

#224237 Apr 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did - about 150 million in 90 years.
Atheists murdered more people for atheism in 90 years than Christians in all of world history.
The average atheist year killed 182,000 times Christianity's worst year.
You atheists should not mention atrocities. You have the bloodiest hands in history.
Sorry to inform you dipstick but this god of yours is the greatest mass murder of all time... and he enjoys it!

A god so inept and useless he can't even get a creation correct without destroying it all starting over again.

No doubt all the other gods are still laughing at this major mistake!

This reminds me of building a model ship putting glue on a piece but touching it up against the wrong part, then descending into a fit of childish anger and destroying the entire model.

I do believe there's a caveat to this something about "mysterious ways"

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#224238 Apr 13, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Laura wouldn't let W take out the trash but she didn't stand in his way when he executed a totally unnecessary oil war 10,000 miles away. Shucks.....no big deal. 4500 young Americans killed, 35,000 seriously wounded, 150,000 Iraqi's killed and over 2 million left their lifetime possessions and accumulations behind and fled to Jordan and Syria. There had never been a suicide bombing in Iraq until after we invaded them....Only cost us a trillion dollars borrowed from foreign banks to put on that little show.....a bargain at twice the price.
You seem to be forgetting what started the gulf war, which was Saddam and the 40 thieves little
border hopping into Kuwait and attempt at stealing everything including the entire country.
Then his continued defiance against the victors brought this upon them.
Exactly the way Germany brought their woes upon themselves.
Of course you can say no big deal, but to the Kuwaitis it was a BIG DEAL, and I can't imagine how the second gulf war would have ever been without the reason that brought the first one. there were lots of reasons for the second gulf war, but they were only possible because of the singular reason that caused the first. Saddam's greed and aggression.
O G Kush

Apopka, FL

#224239 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be forgetting what started the gulf war, which was Saddam and the 40 thieves little
border hopping into Kuwait and attempt at stealing everything including the entire country.
Then his continued defiance against the victors brought this upon them.
Exactly the way Germany brought their woes upon themselves.
Of course you can say no big deal, but to the Kuwaitis it was a BIG DEAL, and I can't imagine how the second gulf war would have ever been without the reason that brought the first one. there were lots of reasons for the second gulf war, but they were only possible because of the singular reason that caused the first. Saddam's greed and aggression.
The last war this country fought for "freedom" was WWII.

All the rest were manufactured by the military-industrial complex... Under the full support of big money and influence.

Undoubtably the worst administration on record is the criminal "Mission accomplished " GW Bush.

This country is in decline.

Even the news is so heavily biased you can't discern the truth from fantasy.

It's a sad state of affairs for a country that once was great and is no longer.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#224240 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
The last war this country fought for "freedom" was WWII.
All the rest were manufactured by the military-industrial complex... Under the full support of big money and influence.
Undoubtably the worst administration on record is the criminal "Mission accomplished " GW Bush.
This country is in decline.
Even the news is so heavily biased you can't discern the truth from fantasy.
It's a sad state of affairs for a country that once was great and is no longer.
Bullshit, your into conspiracy theories I see.
No one fabricated Saddam's invasion of Kuwait

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#224241 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching a different gospel? Called the truth. And they were burned at the stake for it.
I just read that Kansas is attempting to pass a law to black out The Cosmos series.
THIS is the reason I argue against religion.
In the interest of accuracy, that was a satirical piece in the National Report. One is relieved..

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/cosmos....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224242 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching a different gospel? Called the truth. And they were burned at the stake for it.
I just read that Kansas is attempting to pass a law to black out The Cosmos series.
THIS is the reason I argue against religion.
Indeed. In Kansas, the Genuine Chritholes™ are wanting to stick their collective fingers in **everyone's** ears-- and sing "la-la-la" over and over.

Morons.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224243 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Memories last for ever as long as your mind remains stable.
Heaven and hell are equally impossible - literally make zero sense and therefore are unworthy of any critical thought.
I believe it's safe to say paradise represents something different to every person who entertains the thought that it exists.
Also remember should it actually exist; you will be sharing it with Muslim martyrs..
Will food be necessary or toilets?
If you're not allowed to have animals than what is Heaven without your dogs?
Take the time to do some serious thinking about your own family - will you see everyone since the first amoeba?
Will they even recognize you?
Oh I forgot with gods help you recognize everybody is going to take you a long time to go through a few million relatives just to say how are you.
Not to mention all the new in-laws you'll find yourself having in paradise!
Doesn't sound much like paradise to me sounds like a place you need to escape from not go to!
Ain't superstition fun?
And what about people who's significant other has died, and they move on to another person?

In heaven, supposedly,**both** lovers will be there --- with whom to spend eternity? Both?

That would be a 3-way....

.... the whole idea of "heave" (and hell too) is beyond idiotic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224244 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. And they waste a lot of time and talent on mythology.
I met a young lady who earned her degree in early childhood education who was shocked when I mentioned that Sarah Palin believed the earth was 6000 years old.
And she wasn't shocked that Palin believed that. She was shocked to learn that the earth was over 4 billion years old.
Obviously, your young lady's definition of "education" did not include any actual..... facts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224245 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably apologetic links.
They can never be trusted.
Correct-- apologetic ideas are **always** and without exception, lies.

Hence the name.... "apologetics" or "apologizing for the stupidity in their religion"

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224246 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
-The historical record of killing a dead horse is 186,000 miles per second, or on an annual basis a light year, across a fiber optic cable... these crimes by Buck.
--Buck's crimes of beating a dead horse is 671 million miles per hour and the very worst depredation committed by Buckism, is killing that horse.......again.
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224247 Apr 13, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing for sure...Christian schools produce thoroughly brainwashed individuals with a very unrealistic view of life, i.e. they're going to heaven and the rest of us will burn in hell.
It takes an extremely ego-centric and selfish person, to accept both heaven *and* hell as concepts.

Sad, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224248 Apr 13, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever killed for a disbelief in flower pixies.
Indeed not.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224249 Apr 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
One what? Religion?
No. I argue against them all.
Indeed-- all religions are both evil and false.

Stupid, too.

Proof?

The Buckster's idiotic postings.

And the Trump Card of proofs? Rancid Redneck's even more idiotic mewlings...
IPSEC

Bedford, TX

#224250 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, your into conspiracy theories I see.
No one fabricated Saddam's invasion of Kuwait
You're confused. That was the first Gulf War, not the second.

Besides, it's not really a conspiracy theory when the facts bear out the complicity of the United States in the events that led up to the war. It was certainly a war of convenience with full support of the military industrial complex in order to consolidate power and weaken a strong man of our own invention. It's all about the oil leases.

Hussein was wrong to invade Kuwait, no doubt, and it was a foolish move as the conflict was welcomed and precipitated by the United States, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Israel. The history has been opened to the sunlight and it's not pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr Mikko 475
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr Chimney1 18,851
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Sun Amused 25
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... Sat geezerjock 1
More from around the web