Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255854 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#224379 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
God is spoken of as a “He.” Jesus is a male…the Son of God. The Holy Spirit is referred to as “He. God had a wife called Asherah , yes god was a male figure.
The bible was written by the female haters club of jerk off goat herders.
Women were the possession of men in the bible, men could posses other men in the bible (slaves) Yes god was a male figure.
But...
Do you really think humans have ever in history been totally rational beings?
They used the bible to answer all the questions that couldn't be answered at the time.
Same as they do now, the thing is ...some of us don't need it to find the answer.....
any answer anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r6w2M50_XdkXX
Of course you won't click on links, you prefer to live in fantasy, clicking on links can cause learning, something you could never let yourself do.
...fourteen ..f**king minutes ...You ask too much ..!
I'm just giving examples of teaching , philosophies , music and art ..that our forebears went through great lengths to insure we also could benefit as they have ...
In , the old timey days ..yes, women were property and their only worth was their womb ..but , this was a global phenomenon ......I'm wondering how much blame should women get , for allowing themselves to be subjugated as such ..

The love of God is definitely the love of a Father ...a...Mother would never allow us to be hurt . We can't call God " it " ..God is a person ..

Sophia ( wisdom ) described as a Divinity ...and...female ...No , the Holy Bible is absolutely clear God has no gender .....Jesus does ...one third of that equation

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#224380 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text> I just want to know " Who died and made you King ? "
Jesus died and God said, " You are all Gods! You are all Sons of El ! "

...unless the Bible is wrong.

Asinine apologetic in 3.... 2.... 1....

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#224381 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!
You're confusing the Sumerian god with the Christian God.
No I'm not, but you're just plain confused ...everybody knows that.

Las Vegas, NV

#224382 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Capitalists. The oil doesn't run out of the sand into tankers.
...They're the Royal Family ...there is no competition ..( within their kingdom )..
O G Kush

United States

#224383 Apr 13, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed--- or really, really old (and not in the least interested in sex of any sort).
Think: Mother Teresa.
*shudder*
The late great Chris Hitchens discussed Mother Teresa at length.

The old bitch lost her faith in the waning days of her sordid career which consisted of telling the sick that they should be thankful.

Good God Almighty can't get any more ridiculous?

One could imagine with the world's largest landholder i.e. the Catholic Church they could come up with a few nickels to feed the poor
Instead of building sumptuous mansions for their clergy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224384 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!
You're confusing the Sumerian god with the Christian God.
ROFLMAO

Yep, your deity was invented by Roman Pagans around 350 AD.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#224385 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...correction ...When Saddam moved his armor towards the Saudi Oil fields ....the U.S. went ballistic ..
Russia has nuclear weapons ...kinda makes , things ...oh , I don't know ..cataclysmic ..
The US is broke, and can't even borrow the money to do anything... that makes it impossible.
Russia knows it too.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224386 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No I'm not, but you're just plain confused ...everybody knows that.
He isn't confused. he is willingly ignorant and deceitful.

RR is a Christ-Stain not a Chistard.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#224387 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...fourteen ..f**king minutes ...You ask too much ..!
I'm just giving examples of teaching , philosophies , music and art ..that our forebears went through great lengths to insure we also could benefit as they have ...
In , the old timey days ..yes, women were property and their only worth was their womb ..but , this was a global phenomenon ......I'm wondering how much blame should women get , for allowing themselves to be subjugated as such ..
The love of God is definitely the love of a Father ...a...Mother would never allow us to be hurt . We can't call God " it " ..God is a person ..
Sophia ( wisdom ) described as a Divinity ...and...female ...No , the Holy Bible is absolutely clear God has no gender .....Jesus does ...one third of that equation
Explain why Jebus called god his father numb nut.
O G Kush

United States

#224388 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....touche'...
But , lets actually include some facts ...umm kay ..??
Small pox killed the lions share ..albeit with the aid malicious Europeans ..
Native peoples are brutal warlike barbarians , being a ' warrior ' is second only to ' medicine man '..for , a handful of coins they gleefully scalped one another ..what kind of people do this ..??
Sure , they're pacifists ' now '...that's because the American cavalry broke their war machine ..
Sorry , Native peoples ...but, the fact remains if only your leaders worked together , you could have easily pushed us back into the Atlantic ....
"Native peoples are brutal warlike barbarians , being a ' warrior ' is second only to ' medicine man '..for , a handful of coins they gleefully scalped one another ..what kind of people do this ..??

Sure , they're pacifists ' now '...that's because the American cavalry broke their war machine .."

The same kind of people that use waterboarding and don't call it torture.

Our "war machine" as you say is alive and well look at the casualties and their broken bodies as they return from illegal wars.

Doesn't make me very proud.

Who does a combat veteran, standing on a prosthesis, thank for his patriotism?
God?

Eisenhower nailed it when he warned of the military industrial complex after Korea the country should've listened.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224389 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So you agree with what you would call "lunatic Christians"?
When did a headache become a disease?
In what way did I agree with them? I illustrated that you were wrong that none of your brethren across the spectrum felt that headaches were caused by sin. Why are you moving the goalposts? Oh, that's right. Your immoral dogma requires blatant dishonesty. Carry on.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#224390 Apr 13, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...They're the Royal Family ...there is no competition ..( within their kingdom )..
So what ?

Do you even know what Marxism and Communism are ?

Do you know that child labor laws, trade unions and employee rights are Communist policies ?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#224391 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No I'm not, but you're just plain confused ...everybody knows that.
Fine. Prove yourself right, quote the Bible where it says that God had a wife.

G'head.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224392 Apr 13, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Yep, your deity was invented by Roman Pagans around 350 AD.
Thanks for sharing your belief, not get up off the floor.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#224393 Apr 13, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>In what way did I agree with them? I illustrated that you were wrong that none of your brethren across the spectrum felt that headaches were caused by sin. Why are you moving the goalposts? Oh, that's right. Your immoral dogma requires blatant dishonesty. Carry on.
I never said that none of "my brethren across the spectrum" think headaches are caused by sin.

I said headaches are not caused by sin.

I never mentioned other Christians, you did.

Where's my dishonesty? No, no, no, it's you that is now being dishonest.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224394 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that Jeffrey Dahmer is in heaven?
Based on the facts of his atheist lifestyle, I would say it's highly unlikely.
Of course he's not in Heaven. He's dead. Heaven is imaginary.
IPSEC

Irving, TX

#224395 Apr 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose Jeffery will try to eat Jebus? lol
If he's a Catholic, definitely.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#224396 Apr 13, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I've never had that argument with OG.

Have you?
So you just take turns.

I wasn't aware.

Anybody else you haven't used it on yet?

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#224397 Apr 13, 2014
When Saddam moved his armor towards the Saudi Oil fields ....the U.S. went ballistic ..
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is broke, and can't even borrow the money to do anything... that makes it impossible.
Russia knows it too.
This was only a part the equation, scud missile launches into Israel, The treating of the Saudi's
To which they help finance the cost of the war. This played a big role, but you underestimate badly the impact of trading oil for other than US Dollars, this is a hegemony that drives the World Bank, the Federal Reserve and the IMF.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-21/petr...

Las Vegas, NV

#224398 Apr 13, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Memories last for ever as long as your mind remains stable.
Heaven and hell are equally impossible - literally make zero sense and therefore are unworthy of any critical thought.
I believe it's safe to say paradise represents something different to every person who entertains the thought that it exists.
Also remember should it actually exist; you will be sharing it with Muslim martyrs..
Will food be necessary or toilets?
If you're not allowed to have animals than what is Heaven without your dogs?
Take the time to do some serious thinking about your own family - will you see everyone since the first amoeba?
Will they even recognize you?
Oh I forgot with gods help you recognize everybody is going to take you a long time to go through a few million relatives just to say how are you.
Not to mention all the new in-laws you'll find yourself having in paradise!
Doesn't sound much like paradise to me sounds like a place you need to escape from not go to!
Ain't superstition fun?
A) I really doubt you have actually tackled this question " critically ...how , many books have you researched on the subject ....big fat zero ...
B) of course Muslims will be there ...suicide bombers...no .
C) Dogs may not be there ...but, everything we love about our pets will be there ..the loyalty , bravery , curiosity , playfulness , work ethic and the unconditional love they give us ..etc.
E) food and facilities ....beats the fuck out of me ..??..Jesus ate after His resurrection , maybe it just for the benefit of His apostles ..as , that leaves evidence ..
F) everybody is related ...sorry...but, I'm related to you ...Big Sister ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 40,135
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 15,722
A Universe from Nothing? 4 hr Reason Personified 18
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr karl44 20,559
Good arguments against Christianity 15 hr superwilly 90
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 17 hr Into The Night 175
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Fri Thinking 4,623
More from around the web