Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245183 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#223898 Apr 10, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>When our US Leaders criticizes our nation, i mean an empire, they are seen as Gods and when small fries average jane/joe schmoe criticizes a Empire wrongs as we, the people are demonized by our US war supporters. Sad is it not?
..you are mistaken , Americans don't want to be the worlds police , it's just other governments and/or non state actors seem to like killing innocent humans ....

Go through your list again ....and , it's plain to see , America was needed ..!

Las Vegas, NV

#223899 Apr 10, 2014
American Holocaust Pestilence and Genocide
.by David E. Stannard, Oxford Press. American Holocaust . US killed over 100.million plus Native Indians/ Americans .( USA a Christian nation.
....Natives were never peaceful Nations .....( they are ' now ', because the American cavalry broke their war machines )..

consider , we paid Natives a hand full of coins to scalp one another ....AND , THEY GLADLY ...took our money ...barbarians ; I'm glad they're gone ..

Las Vegas, NV

#223900 Apr 10, 2014
John Stockwell, exCIA official (From his books, speeches...)
Coming to grips with ... U.S./CIA activities in broad numbers and figuring out how many people have been killed in the jungles of Laos or the hills of Nicaragua is very difficult. But, adding them up as best we can, we come up with a figure of six million people killed-and this is a minimum figure. Included are: one million killed in the Korean War, two million killed in the Vietnam War, 800,000 killed in Indonesia, one million in Cambodia, 20,000 killed in Angola ... and 22,000 killed in Nicaragua. These people would not have died if U.S. tax dollars had not been spent by the CIA to inflame tensions, finance covert political and military activities and destabilize societies.'
What weapon has the honor of taking the most lives ....It's not American made ...nor , used .

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223901 Apr 10, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>What weapon has the honor of taking the most lives ....It's not American made ...nor , used .
The 'Atomic' bomb, used twice by the Christian President Harry Truman, killed more civilians in a shorter period of time than any in history before or since..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#223902 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Atomic' bomb, used twice by the Christian President Harry Truman, killed more civilians in a shorter period of time than any in history before or since..
And I suppose that now you argue that he did it *for* Christianity.....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#223903 Apr 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>An ad hominem is not a rebuttal.

Look it up.
It's more than you deserve.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223904 Apr 10, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose that now you argue that he did it *for* Christianity.....
No more than Stalin did what he did for atheism.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#223905 Apr 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - i suppose it doesn't matter whether or not you do kegles anymore...:-(
GFYM

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223906 Apr 10, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
But we already knew that.
As well as a wage-thief.
Just as I know you're not Catcher. I've been reading your posts from years ago, assume it was the same Rocco in California.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223907 Apr 10, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
You should.
Good shot!

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223908 Apr 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be a combination of both,
This is cute
http://marquis.laduree.com/en_fr/shop/nouveau...
YUM!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223909 Apr 10, 2014
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind. Which I'll happily demonstrate in any scenario.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223910 Apr 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that? The Disco institute, where you get about 99% of your lies?
Conservapedia, actually. His "comments" are always so easy to track.
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass...

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223911 Apr 10, 2014
Anonymous Cree Indian
'
Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
( about the White devil)
Now THAT is one hell of a quote!

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223912 Apr 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I proved your claim about Stalin inaccurate, and YOU contradicted your own claim about Pol Pot.
The bottom line is, including Mao, atheists have quite a track record...
Meanwhile, in your community, Christians are serving and giving everyday.
Does that include giving it to some parishioner's wife? Smirk.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#223913 Apr 10, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The only good thing is that it has never been used in warfare again. Long may it remain that way...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#223914 Apr 11, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Christianity is responsible for every bad thing that has happened in the history of mankind. Which I'll happily demonstrate in any scenario.
Attila the Hun

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223915 Apr 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Attila the Hun
Good one.

I'll fussily specify further for the slow ones; any scenario that occurred after the inception of christianity.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#223916 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!
Yahtzee!
Survey says? DING! DING! DING!
And how much would you charge the children for there education?

And the food that they eat?

Tell me would you invoice them for there christmas presents too?

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#223917 Apr 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't? Why not? I think they can (and should) buy some of their clothes. It teaches them responsibility.
There are far better and more responsible ways of teaching responsibility than give pocket money with one hand and then taking it back with the other.

If you are not willing to accept responsibility for the upkeep of you children than you should have kept your dick in your pants nine months before they were born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Gary Coaldigger 20,696
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 29 min Eagle 12 11,060
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 2 hr Shizle 23
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr EdmondWA 14,669
John 3:16 8 hr Thinking 98
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 18 hr Thinking 19
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 31 thetruth 42
More from around the web