Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223308 Apr 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You have atheism confused with right wing, republican, Christian conservatism.
Which is mainly comprised of Christians.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#223309 Apr 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you.
Belief in a higher power,(God) has helped millions break free of all sorts of addictions including my own brother who was a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict.
I’m not aware of anyone ever claiming Atheism helped them break free of addictions, build schools for the poor, help the homeless world over, feed the hungry by the millions, build hospitals, fund medical research. All of these are just a few.
What has Atheism done for the better of mankind? One little group of about 10 Atheist in Dallas Texas passed out sandwiches one day to some people living on the street. They are hardly a Salvation Army type organization.
“Organized Superstition,” as you call it has helped put orphans in good homes and orphanages around the world. I don’t see much happening with the Atheist Charities. Now a lot of Atheist try to draft this billionaire or that billionaire as being a benevolent Atheist.
The fact remains that Atheism as an organized group has done little to nothing. Yet you make this statement,“Religion has never advanced mankind…” Tell that to all the stomachs we have fed and all the families we have helped over the last 200 years.
The Atheist creed continues to be and will always be, "Me, Myself and I."
Good point.
Regardless of whether there is "proof" of deity or not, there is certainly proof to dispel the other poster's nonsense about not helping or advancing mankind.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223310 Apr 6, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sick.
Yes. It is.

Warren Jeffs (The leader and 'prophet of the FLDS) is in prison for raping a 12 year old girl. The FLDS claims it wasn't rape because they were "married". The FLDS still claims Jeffs is the 'Mouth of God'.

The FLDS claims to be the only "Real Christians"...... sound familiar ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223311 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The Civil War did not change the Constitution.
You have no clue what an "amendment" is do you, retard ?

Goddam! If brains were dynamite you couldn't even blow your nose.

Location hidden

#223312 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective breeding is not evolution. It is intelligently orchestrated and results in no new species.
It is obvious you failed to read my post.

Location hidden

#223313 Apr 6, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You can't rewrite legend to your liking..
Utter nonsense.
Legend status is achieved only by adding to the story as the need of the orator at the time retelling the legendary stories, chooses.
That is exactly how the legend grows. If the starting story of the "legend" is told in fact and time and sequence, every single time it is told, it is not a legend. It is but a mere story.

Location hidden

#223315 Apr 6, 2014
Funny... the only one that the mod filter said was "offensive" was the 5th one on the list.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#223316 Apr 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply incorrect.
I have raised and conducted a chicken breeding program for decades. I can show you the progression of a controlled breeding program which has in fact bred out certain traits and bred in other certain traits.
Since that is true and has been demonstrated to be successful in changing the entire appearance so much so that an entirely new breed is named as a result, then reason dictates that over a much greater span of time than just a few decades, even greater "changes" are possible.

Now, can and does, a species morph into a completely different creature and species besides just "breed" characteristic differences within a single species, I can not say. I can only prove what I have witnessed as far as evolution is concerned within a single species ... and it is most certainly "empirical" evidence. Of that you can be sure.
Same old nonsense, pointing to genetic variation as evidence for genetic evolution.

Location hidden

#223317 Apr 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm undoubtedly a better Christian than you.
Of course you are...

Location hidden

#223318 Apr 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really , then explain how a duplication error contains less information than a correct duplication.
That would bolster my argument...

Location hidden

#223319 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective breeding is not evolution. It is intelligently orchestrated and results in no new species.
"Selective breeding is not evolution."

Nonsense.
Nature, environment, need, is the "selective breeder", Einstein.

Location hidden

#223320 Apr 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:

<quoted text>You are simply incorrect.
I have raised and conducted a chicken breeding program for decades. I can show you the progression of a controlled breeding program which has in fact bred out certain traits and bred in other certain traits.
Since that is true and has been demonstrated to be successful in changing the entire appearance so much so that an entirely new breed is named as a result, then reason dictates that over a much greater span of time than just a few decades, even greater "changes" are possible.

Now, can and does, a species morph into a completely different creature and species besides just "breed" characteristic differences within a single species, I can not say. I can only prove what I have witnessed as far as evolution is concerned within a single species ... and it is most certainly "empirical" evidence. Of that you can be sure.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old nonsense, pointing to genetic variation as evidence for genetic evolution.
"Now, can and does, a species morph into a completely different creature and species besides just "breed" characteristic differences within a single species, I can not say."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Try reading.
grumpy jones

Butler, PA

#223321 Apr 6, 2014
What a bunch of weirdo's! Just live and let live!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#223322 Apr 6, 2014
KiMare'a writes,
Proverbs 8 indicated that WISDOM was foundational in creation.
Only now is science catching up to the knowledge embodied in just this one passage about creation. Beginning and a ending points for the universe. Moreover, it indicates the existence of other spheres of existence, something science speculates as true.
Psalm 102:22-26
In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take your devout christian passion to a library and seriously study the other competing world religions.
A entirely different view point will emerge and serious questions will present themselves.
These are the kind of questions that your clergy cannot answer
Ask yourself... can all be true? Can 50% be true... and how can any human being guarantee which one is true?
Does your 'holy book' contain something special that your competitors 'holy book' doesn't?
Are Mormons really the only true modern Christians because the most recent prophet was Joseph Smith?
Each is as preposterous as the other.
Religion is just not for me and I bear no ill will to those whom embrace it.
Have you forgiven the 911 martyrs?
As a true Christian you should.
There was a mosque in the twin towers so the martyrs in fact killed Muslims also, did they all go to paradise?
"Peace on earth ?
Not as long as religion exists."
~ Judith Hayes
OGosh, you claimed 'religion has never advanced mankind.'

I gave a clear example where a religion LEAD THE WAY thousands of years ahead of science.

Moreover, the Jewish faith has produced and protected the most astounding culture history has recorded.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/...

You are clearly ignorant, and probably a liar.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#223323 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
According to the Topix Atheist!, sperm is life.
But a fetus isn't.
Go figure.
Freebird USA wrote:
By that standard Catcher is surely a mass murderer.
HA HA!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223324 Apr 6, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>I did. He asked, "What did one homo say to the other home?"
I wrote, "Hey, Dad, I'm 18 and I haven't kissed a girl yet!"
In fact, I called them both gay.
Oh.

Well you have the misunderstanding that I actually read your posts.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223325 Apr 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing that impresses me about you is your ability to overwhelm us with your erudite communication. This must mean you are one of the few on the earth that could be called a genius. A true vocabularian and always astute in your communication indicating that you probably hold several Doctorate degrees.
How is it that you have the time to bless us with your wide and in-depth responses that just leave us puzzled at your magnificent ability to describe someone so skillfully?
It’s such an honor to have such a lexicomane grace us with your vast knowledge and expressions of the English language. I bet professors all over the world are reading your response and using it to teach other brilliant minds the following day.
Thank you for you being you.[tipping hat]
LMMFAO!!

I'll betcha he takes this as a compliment.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223326 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but only we have the Internet.
+1 for Earth
:-)
Yeah and if aliens attack, we'll beat them with bacteria.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#223327 Apr 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Do you think calling a human being a "fetus" makes it not a human being?

What other names could we utilize to remove someone's humanity?

Black? Woman? Homosexual?
Oh snap.

Now you went and did it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#223328 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
According to the Topix Atheist!, sperm is life.
But a fetus isn't.
Go figure.
<quoted text>
HA HA!
No one has ever said that micro brain.
Sperm and a zygote are both alive, but not a self conscious human.
A fetus becomes self conscious and human at about 12 weeks, before this period it is not a self conscious human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min serfs up 2,260
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 19 min _Bad Company 1,438
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 37 min _Bad Company 23,174
America Commits Suicide (Nov '12) 54 min Pahu 11
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 1 hr Pahu 24
God' existence 21 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 21 hr polymath257 112
More from around the web