Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222460 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Upset? Your wet dreams are staining you trousers
I was responding to a post, a fact that seems to have zoomed right across you field of intellect without making any impression
Who give a damn what you got yourself into, you can only blame yourself unless of course you want to blame your god.
"An independent thought once went through a reiligitards head. Not surprising as there was nothing their to stop it."

"A relligitard had am independent thought once but it died of loneliness."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222461 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did better than a GED, I have my HSD.
Deal with it.
That where you learned that kill and disown mean the same thing ?

ROFLMAO

I doubt you even even passed 6th grade.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#222462 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't bring up homosexuality nearly as much as you do, let's put it that way.
i'm responding to the fascism in our society that's attempting to prohibit moral freedom of speech.

please don't take it personally unless it personally apllies:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222463 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awesome (about England, Wales, and Scotland). I'm married to a Brit, and we plan to move back to the UK at some point and then on to France. I will happily trade my US passport for a UK one.
:)
i'll help you pack!:-)
Major Marshall

Northport, AL

#222464 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead!
Nothing will stop you from posting your Bible Babble BS anyway.
The Bible keeps you uncomfortable, doesn't it? If you think it is fiction, it shouldn't bother you.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222465 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismembered by drawing and quartering, spread to the four winds, burnt and buried in separate graves. The head stuck on the tower for display for a hundred years or more till it's forgotten what your stupid idea was.
A plan , that was above your pay grade, and uncovered only now , because your rotten skull fell off the pike.
can't you just feel the love and 'tolerance' from the fascist fundie antiCHRISTians......:-)
Major Marshall

Northport, AL

#222466 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"An independent thought once went through a reiligitards head. Not surprising as there was nothing their to stop it."
"A relligitard had am independent thought once but it died of loneliness."
You're such a hateful person.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222467 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I'm perfectly welcome here. Doesn't mean I plan to stay forever tho.
if you act immediately there's very cheap over-seas flights available!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222468 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Paul, can a childless woman be saved or not? And do you agree with Paul or not?
if the homosexsies were the majority & had their way, they'd persecute opposite sex couples for being fundie extremists!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222469 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Jewish. Never have been. I was baptized a Christian as an infant.
obviously it didn't work so you might wanna consider re-doing it as an adult:-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222470 Apr 1, 2014
Major Marshall wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a hateful person.
You are an hate filled religitard.

I win.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222471 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously it didn't work so you might wanna consider re-doing it as an adult:-)
I renounced your religion fully when I came to believe in Jesus.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222472 Apr 1, 2014
Major Marshall wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible keeps you uncomfortable, doesn't it? If you think it is fiction, it shouldn't bother you.
It's the people who DON'T think it's fiction that bother us.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#222474 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get out more.
"In May, 2004, the NGLTF (National Lesbian and Gay Task Force) announced a new alliance with the Woodhull Freedom Foundation (WFF), a sexual liberation group that seeks to abolish laws against prostitution; overturn “age of consent” laws protecting children from adult sexual predators; and seeks to legalize homosexual sodomy in public restrooms and
parks. The WFF also seeks to ban all abstinence-only sex education materials in our nation’s public schools."
When you need to lie this much, you're disqualifying yourself from reasonable discussion. You're just dishonest and therefore worthless.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222475 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh. You can have it. The weather is better here, the roads are less congested, kids have more respect, wages are higher and the people are more polite.
Also, we have dentists.
And, you can't buy a gun there so how will you shoot the anti-abortionists?
I see. So you've been to the UK and France enough that you can make that comparison I suppose?

San Francisco

#222476 Apr 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Don't lookit me. I'm planning to move back to Western Ireland in the next 12 months.
*hands macumazahn a pair of brightly-colored wellies*

You will definitely need these.

San Francisco

#222477 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 2:15
AMP
Nevertheless [the sentence put upon women of pain in motherhood does not hinder their souls’ salvation, and] they will be saved [eternally] if they continue in faith and love and holiness with self-control,[saved indeed][a]through the Childbearing or by the birth of the divine Child.
Sorry, but that is not what that passage says. Let's try again.

"11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Again, the key passage here is "But women will be saved through childbearing". The clear implication being that a childless woman is doomed.

San Francisco

#222478 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..They lie ...they , want the tax credits , given to fruitful heterosexual unions ....who , actually make our Nation vibrant .....
..fake marriages ...are , tax dodgers ....plain and simple ...
Are childless heterosexual unions fake tax-dodgers too?

LOL! I feel like I just fell into a Flat Earth Society meeting.

San Francisco

#222479 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...are you a feminist ..???
child rearing ..is hard ....and , any woman that chooses that route ....is , a veritable Saint ....according ...to Christianity ....
...I applause ...
And according to Paul any woman who can't have or doesn't want children is doomed to Hell.

San Francisco

#222480 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get out more.
"In May, 2004, the NGLTF (National Lesbian and Gay Task Force) announced a new alliance with the Woodhull Freedom Foundation (WFF), a sexual liberation group that seeks to abolish laws against prostitution; overturn “age of consent” laws protecting children from adult sexual predators; and seeks to legalize homosexual sodomy in public restrooms and
parks. The WFF also seeks to ban all abstinence-only sex education materials in our nation’s public schools."
Sorry, is it the NGLTF or the WFF which you are asserting represent the intentions of all gay people? Or maybe both?

ROTFLMAO! You really can't get past the logical fallacy of generalizing, can you? Bless your heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Aura Mytha 16,690
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr pearl 4,776
The Consequences of Atheism 10 hr polymath257 720
Richard Dawkins - God is evil, pedophilesa not ... (Sep '13) 12 hr insaankhan 3,030
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Fri Thinking 6,033
Is Religion Childish? Fri thetruth 136
Well that's religitards for you... Fri Thinking 1
More from around the web