Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222476 Apr 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Don't lookit me. I'm planning to move back to Western Ireland in the next 12 months.
*hands macumazahn a pair of brightly-colored wellies*

You will definitely need these.

San Francisco

#222477 Apr 1, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 2:15
AMP
Nevertheless [the sentence put upon women of pain in motherhood does not hinder their souls’ salvation, and] they will be saved [eternally] if they continue in faith and love and holiness with self-control,[saved indeed][a]through the Childbearing or by the birth of the divine Child.
Sorry, but that is not what that passage says. Let's try again.

"11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Again, the key passage here is "But women will be saved through childbearing". The clear implication being that a childless woman is doomed.

San Francisco

#222478 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..They lie ...they , want the tax credits , given to fruitful heterosexual unions ....who , actually make our Nation vibrant .....
..fake marriages ...are , tax dodgers ....plain and simple ...
Are childless heterosexual unions fake tax-dodgers too?

LOL! I feel like I just fell into a Flat Earth Society meeting.

San Francisco

#222479 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...are you a feminist ..???
child rearing ..is hard ....and , any woman that chooses that route ....is , a veritable Saint ....according ...to Christianity ....
...I applause ...
And according to Paul any woman who can't have or doesn't want children is doomed to Hell.

San Francisco

#222480 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get out more.
"In May, 2004, the NGLTF (National Lesbian and Gay Task Force) announced a new alliance with the Woodhull Freedom Foundation (WFF), a sexual liberation group that seeks to abolish laws against prostitution; overturn “age of consent” laws protecting children from adult sexual predators; and seeks to legalize homosexual sodomy in public restrooms and
parks. The WFF also seeks to ban all abstinence-only sex education materials in our nation’s public schools."
Sorry, is it the NGLTF or the WFF which you are asserting represent the intentions of all gay people? Or maybe both?

ROTFLMAO! You really can't get past the logical fallacy of generalizing, can you? Bless your heart.

San Francisco

#222481 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how can humans who are supposed to be ssssoooo refined and conscientious completely reject their Magnificently Good Creator for some absurd theory that they randomly developed from slime?
it seems that such are destined to repeat history and suffer the same fate as those before the flood and as those of sodom and gomorrah.....
Is slime inferior to dirt?

San Francisco

#222482 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm responding to the fascism in our society that's attempting to prohibit moral freedom of speech.
please don't take it personally unless it personally apllies:-)
You have freedom of speech. You just don't like the fact that people can respond to what you say critically. Grow a pair.

San Francisco

#222483 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll help you pack!:-)
As if I'd let you touch my things.

San Francisco

#222484 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you act immediately there's very cheap over-seas flights available!
Please feel free to take advantage of them. Getting out and seeing the world would benefit you a great deal.

San Francisco

#222485 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if the homosexsies were the majority & had their way, they'd persecute opposite sex couples for being fundie extremists!;-)
Bringing up homosexuality AGAIN!

Seriously waaasup, you are obsessed. What is that about, anyway?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222486 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, is it the NGLTF or the WFF which you are asserting represent the intentions of all gay people? Or maybe both?
ROTFLMAO! You really can't get past the logical fallacy of generalizing, can you? Bless your heart.
We were not discussing "all gay people".

You made the assertion that the only gay agenda was equal rights, and mocked concern that there was a gay agenda beyond that.

Obviously, you were wrong.

So now you slide your goalposts.

San Francisco

#222488 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not discussing "all gay people".
You made the assertion that the only gay agenda was equal rights, and mocked concern that there was a gay agenda beyond that.
Obviously, you were wrong.
So now you slide your goalposts.
Logic isn't your thing, is it? Apparently (assuming that what you posted was accurate, which is by no means assured) those two groups have an agenda. They don't apply to all gay people, obviously.

It would be easy to post, say, certain Christian individuals or groups which have agendas which are pretty repellent. They would not be representing any Christian beyond themselves than your silly anecdotal example.

Location hidden

#222489 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You have freedom of speech. You just don't like the fact that people can respond to what you say critically. Grow a pair.
That's cute - trying to include yourself in people who can respond critically.

Location hidden

#222490 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic isn't your thing, is it? Apparently (assuming that what you posted was accurate, which is by no means assured) those two groups have an agenda. They don't apply to all gay people, obviously.
It would be easy to post, say, certain Christian individuals or groups which have agendas which are pretty repellent. They would not be representing any Christian beyond themselves than your silly anecdotal example.
Refuting your assertion only requires proving that there is a gay agenda apart from equal rights, not that all gays have an agenda.

San Francisco

#222491 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute - trying to include yourself in people who can respond critically.
I see your reading and comprehension skills have not improved much.

San Francisco

#222492 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Refuting your assertion only requires proving that there is a gay agenda apart from equal rights, not that all gays have an agenda.
I'm going to let you have this merry-go-round to yourself. Enjoy!

Location hidden

#222493 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>

And if I asserted that the Christian agenda is restricted to something pure, and you showed Christian groups advocating other things, you would prove me wrong.

That's why, unlike you, I'm careful not to assert things that are untrue.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222494 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I asserted that the Christian agenda is restricted to something pure, and you showed Christian groups advocating other things, you would prove me wrong.
All you have provided is a single Atheist (Stalin) to argue against 1700 years of Christian atrocities.

San Francisco

#222495 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's why you never do THAT. LOL!

Location hidden

#222496 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>

Logic isn't your thing, is it?
Bwahahahahaahahha....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min Chimney1 17,957
News The Consequences of Atheism 23 min Thinking 1,115
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 42 min ChristineM 6,412
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Savant 10
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 5 hr thetruth 9,243
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr DebraE 14,498
News In the Search for an Alternative to God, One Ra... (Mar '11) 13 hr Patrick n Angela 692
More from around the web