Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222622 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a fascist and that's worse!
wilderide - "i demand that you think and say the homosexuality is virtuous or we will ruin your world!"
Please cite where I have said anything like this. Coward and a liar, Jesus must be so proud to have you as a representative.

San Francisco

#222623 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't be jealous just cuz you can't give your hubby a baby through your annis....:-(
Paul said women who don't bear children are doomed. Take responsibility for your own misogynous book.

San Francisco

#222624 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably smell too good, you probably love pink, your hair is likely nicely combed, and you're probably naturally good at interior design.
You want to talk about indecent?
Where's the manhood? Where's the manliness?
>:)
So....the indecency is presumably interrelated to manliness? Is that where you are going? Lol.

San Francisco

#222625 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t prey on children.
I pray for children.
What's the difference?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222626 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul said women who don't bear children are doomed. Take responsibility for your own misogynous book.
Exactly!

Paul was a scumbag.

Location hidden

#222628 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Being a vocal Atheist in a Islam country is dangerous. Life expectancy is only a few days in these countries. If they let you live your existence will be miserable. You can be locked away and tortured until a complete conversion takes place.
Atheism is not a welcome belief in many of these places and freedom is not accepted. I embrace freedom and want people to live and be free. If you don’t have a choice you don’t have freedom.
So many of our militant Atheist are just like the Islam countries. They want freedom of choice removed from people’s life. And if they had their way Christians would be murdered and or imprisoned.
I for one believe in separation of Church and State. I really do but that doesn’t mean separation of one’s rights to believe and worship our One True God. Individuals rights to freedom of religion must not be abridged, ever.
Which atheists want Christians "murdered and or imprisoned"?

In what way have your rights to worship your god your particular god?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222629 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t prey on children.
I pray for children.
No difference.

"Give me a child before the age of seven and he is mine for life."

Who said this?

A). The Jesuits

B). The Most Dishonorable Reverend James C Dobson (R-Rentboy)

C). Joseph Goebbels

D). All of the above

That's right, folks, D is the correct answer.

Location hidden

#222630 Apr 2, 2014
^ s/b In what way have your rights to worship your particular god been taken away from you?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222631 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Being a vocal Atheist in a Islam country is dangerous. Life expectancy is only a few days in these countries. If they let you live your existence will be miserable. You can be locked away and tortured until a complete conversion takes place.
Atheism is not a welcome belief in many of these places and freedom is not accepted. I embrace freedom and want people to live and be free. If you don’t have a choice you don’t have freedom.
So many of our militant Atheist are just like the Islam countries. They want freedom of choice removed from people’s life. And if they had their way Christians would be murdered and or imprisoned.
I for one believe in separation of Church and State. I really do but that doesn’t mean separation of one’s rights to believe and worship our One True God. Individuals rights to freedom of religion must not be abridged, ever.
Funny how that "One True God" aligns with your belief system. With over one million gods, tens of thousands of religions, and over 40,000 sects and schisms (and growing) in Christianity, this "One True God" thing is an utter joke.

Christians are a self-worshiping Army of One whose god is a reflection of their own ego. The Religion of Me! God loves Me! Who's going to Heaven? Me! Who knows the a"One True God"? Me! And anyone who doesn't agree with Me! Is a godless, heretic scum who will either burn or perish or whatever your ridiculous schism claims happens to anyone who doesn't agree with Me!
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222632 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The real God or the one you've made up to suit your needs?
Which real god? Oh, that's right, the one that agrees with you. Gotcha.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222633 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably smell too good, you probably love pink, your hair is likely nicely combed, and you're probably naturally good at interior design.
You want to talk about indecent?
Where's the manhood? Where's the manliness?
>:)
This sounds like you are propositioning him. Finnocio.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222634 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most acts of pedophelia are homosexual acts.
A straight man cannot perform a homosexual act.
What's that say about your house?
Pedophiles only prey on boys? You're weird.

San Francisco

#222635 Apr 2, 2014
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Most people on here already know my real name...and are on my facebook :)
I'm not ashamed of my stance like you.
<quoted text>What does that have to do with you being a coward?
I'm sorry, but you are not a "playa"....you are some random bored person that has too much time on your hands.
I don't even think your REAL stance is against gays.
I think you say what you do because you are bored, want shock value, and want a reaction.
....it's kinda sad, and makes me feel dismissive of you.
It's like you are wasting topix space to get attention, and sooth your own ego.
I'd be so embarrassed if I were you, no wonder you hide you name.
Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222636 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...most people in prison are heterosexual ...
..most home owners are heterosexual ...
..most movie goers are heterosexual ...etc..etc..
...Heterosexual .."Is" most ..PEOPLE ...
what (%) of heterosexuals ...are child rapists ..
what (%) of homosexuals ...are child rapists ..
Most people in prison are a Christian. In fact, atheists are underrepresented.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222637 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...see..now your the victim ....!
the way I see it ..there are ' two ' types of people ....theist ..who , put their hopes and trust in an imaginary being ..
or , atheists who suffer from impotent rage and victimhood ...and , don't know why ...
I wasn't associating ..the reality of Hell with America ..
I was merely pointing to how puerile the heathen is and that you do have an agenda ....atheism ..is a religion ....a pagan religion ...you worship yourselves ....( idols )..
Every Christian has created a god in their own image. It's what happens when you have an imaginary friend. Your Army of One Religion of Me! is the ultimate self worship.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222638 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well...I apologize ...We do have to work on this ...
fact ..Is , God loves homosexuals .....He f**king created them ...of course He loves them ...
but , God ' hates ' immoral sex ......even , straight people ..go to Hell ...
Religions love to control sexuality as it is so basic to our nature. There is nothing immoral about consensual sex.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222639 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>No difference.

"Give me a child before the age of seven and he is mine for life."

Who said this?

A). The Jesuits

B). The Most Dishonorable Reverend James C Dobson (R-Rentboy)

C). Joseph Goebbels

D). All of the above

That's right, folks, D is the correct answer.
Creepy.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222640 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...He knows ..he is wrong ( and willfully misinterpreting scripture )....barren women don't die in perdition ....no where is that recorded or eluded to ...
If God were merely a myth ...these heathen wouldn't feel such hate towards Him and His church ...
There are 40,000 sects and schisms in Christianity and countless versions of the New Testament. It is impossible to get two Christians of different churches to agree on even simple Scripture. Each of your Army of One Religion of Me! Claims the other is wrong and guilty of misinterpretation. The only logical conclusion is that is all non-evidential nonsense and so ridiculously vague as to be laughable.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222641 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This means you have a biased substandard flawed interpretation that you promote as the truth. When in fact you deny the Amplified version because it explains even more clearly the KJV.
This is what we see all the time. Atheist deliberately misinterpretation scripture. Because if the truth be known Atheist are weak and insecure in their belief. And Atheist feel the need to discredit the bible by making false interpretations, taking scripture out of context, leaving out conjunctions.
If you are so right why revert to these callow interpretations?
Prove your interpretations are any less callow. I'll wait. 40,000 sects and schisms of Christianity and countless Bible versions, and billions of interpretations of individual Christians in gods modeled after themselves point to general callowness and utter nonsense. Why should I believe you over any other Christian? When was the last time Dear Leader disagreed with you?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222642 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It gives me great solace that your response is so …… well shallow. Getting angry and reverting to name calling does not help your cause. It does show your insecurity in Atheism.
No, it doesn't, Dr. Nil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 min Eagle 12 22,122
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 22 min Eagle 12 200
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 55 min Dogen 51,669
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr u196533dm 5,797
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Joe Momma 24,686
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 12 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,654
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 15 hr Eagle 12 11,407
More from around the web