Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245060 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#222419 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, really. Of course the south of France has the advantage of weather over England, but culturally I click with the UK more. Can't have everything. But IMHO I prefer either over living in the US. Not that the US is the worst place to live, especially not California. Well, except maybe for central CA and the hideous Inland Empire. ;)
Don't lookit me. I'm planning to move back to Western Ireland in the next 12 months.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#222420 Mar 31, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm - yes I did.....here it is again.....
"New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
If you don't mind other poster's opinions....here is mine:
I use the facts based upon archeological finds and literary scholars to come to the conclusion that what is read today IS NOT what was intended."
If that isn't a standard, then you will have to clearly define what you mean by moral standard and how it is acquired by an individual.
Morals evolve to protect the species. Religion is out of fear of the unknown.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222421 Mar 31, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>No one actually cares what you say, your sole function is to show the public what christian brain damage looks like.

Great work :-)
He IS good at that, isn't he.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222423 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but (obviously) it does mean that any woman who can't have children is automatically doomed.
Obviously you don’t know what it says or your deliberately misinterpreting the scripture. Which is par for the course for Atheist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222424 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but (obviously) it does mean that any woman who can't have children is automatically doomed.
1 Timothy 2:15
AMP

Nevertheless [the sentence put upon women of pain in motherhood does not hinder their souls’ salvation, and] they will be saved [eternally] if they continue in faith and love and holiness with self-control,[saved indeed][a]through the Childbearing or by the birth of the divine Child.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222425 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awesome (about England, Wales, and Scotland). I'm married to a Brit, and we plan to move back to the UK at some point and then on to France. I will happily trade my US passport for a UK one.
:)
We will always have the Brits to thank for our National Anthem.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#222426 Mar 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don’t know what it says or your deliberately misinterpreting the scripture. Which is par for the course for Atheist.

01Apr14....Good to see that you still pack-a-punch towards these hAtheists.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222427 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do have an agenda: to be treated equally before the law. Horrible, isn't it?
..They lie ...they , want the tax credits , given to fruitful heterosexual unions ....who , actually make our Nation vibrant .....

..fake marriages ...are , tax dodgers ....plain and simple ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222428 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, aren't you supposed to be the Christian?
1 Timothy 2:15 "But women will be saved through childbearing--if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
...are you a feminist ..???

child rearing ..is hard ....and , any woman that chooses that route ....is , a veritable Saint ....according ...to Christianity ....

...I applause ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222429 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, RiversideRetard.
"God" refers to any and all deities. Allah refers only to the Abrahamic deity.
..Allah...is the arabic ..word ...for God ..

Not everybody uses english ....."BenRetard"...

Las Vegas, NV

#222430 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you were the one who butted in with “how”
If replies in kind upset you then you are on the wrong forum.
...look , don't be upset ....

"you" post ..Why..&..Where...

I'm , currently in the federal witness protection program .....I just , got a little defensive ...

...can , " you ' blame me ..??

Las Vegas, NV

#222431 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"God" and its variants is the Germanic word for a deity. Wodan is the Angla-Saxon (Germanic) Head God.
Therefore proves that "God" is Wodan.
You believe in Wodan. End of story.
...look , you little piece..of ( bleep )...don't bring in your little "facts" ...

to scuttle our argument ...

mayhaps ...God , doesn't like being called ' Wodan '......hmmm..??.....

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#222432 Mar 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We will always have the Brits to thank for our National Anthem.
... And the Canaanites for your religion.

Las Vegas, NV

#222434 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t know much about atheists do you
Here I suggest you look up the definition here
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis...
or here
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ath...
Please note, there is no god to reject
Please note, The choice is yours, you can do what you want with your carnal desires and if that included masturbating to the babble then so be it
Please note, Again the choice is yours, if your think your god did not want you to advance yourself in this world then you have a serious problems but it does explain why godbots resent advancement.
Please note, what hell to reject? Several babbles do not even mention hell, particularly the older (more original) ones. It is a fairly modern christian scare tactic because that cannot get their “followers” by normal means of discussion
..okay ...you actually went out of your way ..to school me ...thank-you ..smile emoticon ...

I don't say....." AmeriKKKa ...should try and reconsider its foreign policy ..."

and , then pretend ...oh , that's not an attack....I had , a public education ...I just don't spell that good ...

I'm , just surprised ...God and the Bible ; are mere myth .......and , yet you feel you have to spell it ....AmeriKKKa ...( buybull..babble )...obviously , you are lashing out .....at , a mere myth ..?!?

sorry , I just don't buy it ....

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222435 Mar 31, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>He IS good at that, isn't he.
He sure is.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222436 Mar 31, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>... And the Canaanites for your religion.
Hahaha!! Brilliant.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#222437 Apr 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I agree, but I think it's a start to move the debate from just neglect to include emotional mindfuckery.
<quoted text>
Yes, it’s a start and I do hope that someone will bring a case against religious indoctrination.

Unrelated but have you seen this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...

#222438 Apr 1, 2014
Scrooge is a Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
Which atheist meeting did you learn this lie from?
None, I learned that when I still went to church, certainly the latter part is WRITTEN in the babble but feel free to ignore it, it’s what godbots are good at, ignoring the bits if babble that don’t agree with their wet dreams.

As for the god bit try any academic paper on the origins of the word god, hell even most dictionaries will give you the basics. Or if you find actual research to painful try googling “origins of the word god”, I am almost sure you are capable of that.

You see it’s called truth. That’s real truth which is factual, not christian “Truth” that is interpreted to mean, it sounds like I should believe it so it must be true.

And the way you too can learn real truth, real facts is by educating yourself

#222439 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...look , don't be upset ....
"you" post ..Why..&..Where...
I'm , currently in the federal witness protection program .....I just , got a little defensive ...
...can , " you ' blame me ..??
Upset? Your wet dreams are staining you trousers

I was responding to a post, a fact that seems to have zoomed right across you field of intellect without making any impression

Who give a damn what you got yourself into, you can only blame yourself unless of course you want to blame your god.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#222440 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it’s a start and I do hope that someone will bring a case against religious indoctrination.
Unrelated but have you seen this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...
That's sounds idiotic, it says he repaired a previous mutilation thereby committed FGM .
Sounds like he got in trouble for doing cosmetic repair surgery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min Brian_G 20,650
John 3:16 2 hr par five 93
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Knowledge- 11,006
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr ChristineW 14,668
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Sat NightSerf 18
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Fri thetruth 42
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" Fri Shizle 20
More from around the web