Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222608 Apr 2, 2014
Daniel proved that their god was not real and the priests were lying to the people.

Bel and the Dragon. Removed from the Protestant Bible
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222609 Apr 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh I didn’t know that priests were gay as well as being child molesters
I’m not Catholic and don’t hold the Vatican in high regards.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222610 Apr 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever stopped outside a school playground and actually listened to the happy chatter of kids?
It all sounds so jolly and wonderful until you listen to the words.
Yes I have and love to hear them play.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222611 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not Catholic and don’t hold the Vatican in high regards.
Then why do you believe 90% of the Catholic Church's doctrines and dogma ?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222612 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Well...I apologize ...We do have to work on this ...
fact ..Is , God loves homosexuals .....He f**king created them ...of course He loves them ...
but , God ' hates ' immoral sex ......even , straight people ..go to Hell ...
God hates shrimp too. And ham and cheese sandwiches. God hates alot of things, and not always for rational reasons. Like homosexual sex, for instance.

San Francisco

#222613 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This means you have a biased substandard flawed interpretation that you promote as the truth. When in fact you deny the Amplified version because it explains even more clearly the KJV.
This is what we see all the time. Atheist deliberately misinterpretation scripture. Because if the truth be known Atheist are weak and insecure in their belief. And Atheist feel the need to discredit the bible by making false interpretations, taking scripture out of context, leaving out conjunctions.
If you are so right why revert to these callow interpretations?
OK, so you say the interpretation is flawed. Prove it. Sounds to me like you just don't like what it says. And I would not blame you for that either. I think it's ridiculous too. Paul even rationalizes why women must give birth to be saved. So it's not just a misquote.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222614 Apr 2, 2014
Being a vocal Atheist in a Islam country is dangerous. Life expectancy is only a few days in these countries. If they let you live your existence will be miserable. You can be locked away and tortured until a complete conversion takes place.

Atheism is not a welcome belief in many of these places and freedom is not accepted. I embrace freedom and want people to live and be free. If you don’t have a choice you don’t have freedom.

So many of our militant Atheist are just like the Islam countries. They want freedom of choice removed from people’s life. And if they had their way Christians would be murdered and or imprisoned.

I for one believe in separation of Church and State. I really do but that doesn’t mean separation of one’s rights to believe and worship our One True God. Individuals rights to freedom of religion must not be abridged, ever.

San Francisco

#222615 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Children under the age of 12 are just children.
And your point is?

My point is, stop preying on gay children.

San Francisco

#222616 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They sure are, the numbers are staggering.
The percentage of homosexual pedophiles is less than 3%
The percentage of heterosexual pedophiles is 97%
Those are the general stats from 2012 - 2014.
Of course the christians will deny this but the only way the numbers could change on any kind of noticeable scale is if all the priests and ministers around the world say they are homosexuals.
Well, to be fair one would have to extrapolate what percentage from each population rather than the overall population, but even then, what is the point? There is no causal link between homosexuality and pedophilia. It's just another attempt to demonize people.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222617 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you believe 90% of the Catholic Church's doctrines and dogma ?
I believe in some of what they believe such as religious freedom.

We have that in common.

They believe in God and I also believe in God but that’s about the jest of it. That’s hardly 90%.

I don’t believe in worshipping idols like they do.

I believe in only the One True God, they believe in three.

I don’t believe in worshipping the Pope.

Nor do I pray to Mary or any of the disciples or saints.

I don’t believe in confessing my sins to a Priest.

Nor do I accept Priest molesting children. They should be hanged at the town square.

San Francisco

#222618 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay sure!
when you leave the saints alone, sata...er...wilderide, i'll leave the gays alone:-)
WTF?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222619 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is?
My point is, stop preying on gay children.
I don’t prey on children.

I pray for children.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222620 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
God hates shrimp too. And ham and cheese sandwiches. God hates alot of things, and not always for rational reasons. Like homosexual sex, for instance.
People who wear polyester suits are an abomination.
Leviticus 19:19

...OK, God got one right.

LOL

San Francisco

#222621 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see, so you're holding me and Christianity hostage until we agree that homosexuality is at least as decent as God's design between a man and a woman....
and to think 'they' insist that there's no gay agenda! can you believe these outrageously evil dogs???
You called my partner and my relationship indecent and perverted. Back up your words, coward.

Because I'm sure God would really want to split up a happy relationship and replace it with a loveless one just so our genitals would be different, right? You got a sister I can use for this noble cause maybe? I'm sure she's be thrilled too. It's for God, right?

San Francisco

#222622 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a fascist and that's worse!
wilderide - "i demand that you think and say the homosexuality is virtuous or we will ruin your world!"
Please cite where I have said anything like this. Coward and a liar, Jesus must be so proud to have you as a representative.

San Francisco

#222623 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't be jealous just cuz you can't give your hubby a baby through your annis....:-(
Paul said women who don't bear children are doomed. Take responsibility for your own misogynous book.

San Francisco

#222624 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably smell too good, you probably love pink, your hair is likely nicely combed, and you're probably naturally good at interior design.
You want to talk about indecent?
Where's the manhood? Where's the manliness?
>:)
So....the indecency is presumably interrelated to manliness? Is that where you are going? Lol.

San Francisco

#222625 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t prey on children.
I pray for children.
What's the difference?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222626 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul said women who don't bear children are doomed. Take responsibility for your own misogynous book.
Exactly!

Paul was a scumbag.

Location hidden

#222628 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Being a vocal Atheist in a Islam country is dangerous. Life expectancy is only a few days in these countries. If they let you live your existence will be miserable. You can be locked away and tortured until a complete conversion takes place.
Atheism is not a welcome belief in many of these places and freedom is not accepted. I embrace freedom and want people to live and be free. If you don’t have a choice you don’t have freedom.
So many of our militant Atheist are just like the Islam countries. They want freedom of choice removed from people’s life. And if they had their way Christians would be murdered and or imprisoned.
I for one believe in separation of Church and State. I really do but that doesn’t mean separation of one’s rights to believe and worship our One True God. Individuals rights to freedom of religion must not be abridged, ever.
Which atheists want Christians "murdered and or imprisoned"?

In what way have your rights to worship your god your particular god?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 81,536
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Dogen 32,934
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 12 hr Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
News Atheist Student Organization Faces Revolt From ... Oct 9 Opium for dummies 7
More from around the web